Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  
 

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: General Board

Pokemon: General Board General discussion about Pokemon in general. If the topic of your thread does not fall into the subjects in the other boards, post it there. In other words, everything else belongs here if it doesn't have a board of its own.


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #16  
Old 12-14-2007, 11:55 AM
EonMythos Offline
Elite Trainer
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Stalking YOU. *cackle*
Posts: 847
Send a message via AIM to EonMythos
Default Re: Arcanine was a Legendary!

Mew did not give birth to Mewtwo. Mewtwo was a clone with some genetic altering in order to allow it to survive and grow. If you had someone cloned from you, it would be considered your 'child', since you did give the D.N.A needed to make it.

On topic, however. A quote from Wikipedia, in their entry for Arcanine.

Quote:
It is theorized, however, that Arcanine was one of the original three Legendary Pokémon, the other two being Zapdos and Articuno. It is thought the game designers decided to make all three legendary Pokémon birds and so they replaced Arcanine's status as the legendary fire Pokémon with Moltres.
It's only been thought of that way, and I haven't come across anything that has said otherwise. Though, it would be neat, I've never found anything to actually solidify the claim.

Wikipedia Entry for Arcanine.
__________________

VPP URPG
Ryn the Flygon: Complete at 872

Banner is mine! >:3
  #17  
Old 12-14-2007, 11:58 AM
Blaziken 0wnige's Avatar
Blaziken 0wnige Offline
Experienced Trainer
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 148
Default Re: Arcanine was a Legendary!

yeah ok but were does ho oh come into this then?
__________________
  #18  
Old 12-14-2007, 12:02 PM
Rekhyt's Avatar
Rekhyt Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 2,315
Default Re: Arcanine was a Legendary!

As I said, please do not SPAM up the thread and PM me stuff like that instead, Blaiken Ownige.
__________________
  #19  
Old 12-14-2007, 12:04 PM
Blaziken 0wnige's Avatar
Blaziken 0wnige Offline
Experienced Trainer
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 148
Default Re: Arcanine was a Legendary!

lol you misunderstood what i was askin i g2g cya guys
__________________
  #20  
Old 12-14-2007, 05:34 PM
Gym Leader Ken's Avatar
Gym Leader Ken Offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Snowpoint City, Sinnoh
Posts: 218
Default Re: Arcanine was a Legendary!

As for the Stone tab at the PKMN center in the anime.

I have always thought that Ash was wrong about which pokemon that was.

The bird he pointed to looked alot like an Articuno, a whole lot more than a moltres.

After seeing Ho-oh in the first episode of pokemon, it bothered me for soo long why it was in there.

I think this thread cleared that up.
__________________
Hometown: New Bark Town
Current residence: Snowpoint City
Certified Scientist in Johto and Unova

Spiritomb ^_^




  #21  
Old 12-14-2007, 06:55 PM
Rekhyt's Avatar
Rekhyt Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 2,315
Default Re: Arcanine was a Legendary!

Yes, but the whole reason this trhead was created was to prove that Arcanine was originally a Legendary, not to clear Moltres, Ho-oh, Articuno ect.

Still looking for that link.
__________________
  #22  
Old 12-14-2007, 07:17 PM
MirageMew2's Avatar
MirageMew2 Offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Twinleaf Town
Posts: 12
Default Re: Arcanine was a Legendary!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Away View Post
That's contradictory, since the Red/Blue and Fire Red/Leaf Green Pokedex entries all say he was born in a lab, as do almost all of his Dex entries.
Not to mention the Cinnabar Island Mansion. If you read all the journals on the tables in the mansion, you'll learn that Mewtwo was born in a lab somewhere in South America.
~~
Arcanine's Dex Entry says he's a Legendary Pokemon but he merely a Semi.
He is a Semi-Legendary Pokemon like Dragonite, Tyranitar, and 2 others.

~Mew
__________________
  #23  
Old 12-14-2007, 07:33 PM
Blaziken 0wnige's Avatar
Blaziken 0wnige Offline
Experienced Trainer
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 148
Default Re: Arcanine was a Legendary!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MirageMew2 View Post
Not to mention the Cinnabar Island Mansion. If you read all the journals on the tables in the mansion, you'll learn that Mewtwo was born in a lab somewhere in South America.
~~
Arcanine's Dex Entry says he's a Legendary Pokemon but he merely a Semi.
He is a Semi-Legendary Pokemon like Dragonite, Tyranitar, and 2 others.

~Mew
theres no such thing as semi legendairys
__________________
  #24  
Old 12-14-2007, 09:35 PM
Te-em Offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 43
Default Re: Arcanine was a Legendary!

The game says it's a legendary Pokemon in China.
On the tablet it looks like the three birds and the dog. No Hou-Oh.
__________________
Klaatu Verata Nictu
  #25  
Old 12-14-2007, 11:08 PM
Realityxxx's Avatar
Realityxxx Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Finding a Doredia
Posts: 4,034
Send a message via AIM to Realityxxx
Default Re: Arcanine was a Legendary!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaziken 0wnige View Post
theres no such thing as semi legendairys
Yes there is. They are real.Noob.
__________________
URPG l VPP
あたまの はなかざりの かおりには リラックスさせる こうかが ある。ていれを なまけると かれてし まう。

The aroma from the flower decoration on it's head has a relaxing effect. It will wither if it is not cared for.
  #26  
Old 12-14-2007, 11:14 PM
Llama Commando's Avatar
Llama Commando Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Hangin with Santa, in da workshop
Posts: 1,447
Send a message via AIM to Llama Commando
Default Re: Arcanine was a Legendary!

This is a good thread, great evidence to back it up. Yes, I've always thought that the fact that it was listed as a 'legendary' pokemon and its steriod-pumped stats (It might have been on the Mitchell Report) meant something. However, since I don't watch the anime I didn't know about Ho-oh and the rest. But overall, yeah this sounds like a good argument.

~Commando~
__________________

PE2K's Resident Michigan State Spartan
  #27  
Old 12-15-2007, 12:30 AM
karma34's Avatar
karma34 Offline
Experienced Trainer
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 207
Default Re: Arcanine was a Legendary!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty-chan View Post
Mew did not give birth to Mewtwo. Mewtwo was a clone with some genetic altering in order to allow it to survive and grow. If you had someone cloned from you, it would be considered your 'child', since you did give the D.N.A needed to make it.

On topic, however. A quote from Wikipedia, in their entry for Arcanine.



It's only been thought of that way, and I haven't come across anything that has said otherwise. Though, it would be neat, I've never found anything to actually solidify the claim.

Wikipedia Entry for Arcanine.
Well wikipedia, being that it is only a compilation of ordinary people's ideas on a subject, it is not necessarily the writings of an expert, is not a reliable source....

but it is simple to check the pokedex entries at Serebii.net
http://www.serebii.net/pokedex/059.shtml
here it says that its legendary IN CHINA, probably due to high stats, and could also be similar to the dragon in china (the idea of dragons originated from the first dinosaur fossil findings in the chinese region) in the fact that it was reveared and worshipped.

nothing is ever stated about it being a true legendary at any point. therefore there is no reason to ever think it to be an actual legendary.

but i do see why you could have thought this
__________________
  #28  
Old 12-15-2007, 03:27 AM
scubasteveE's Avatar
scubasteveE Offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 3,558
Send a message via AIM to scubasteveE Send a message via MSN to scubasteveE
Default Re: Arcanine was a Legendary!

Well did you u realize that Arcanine and Entei look a whole lot alike. I know one is a cat and one is a dog but, I think when they decided that Arcanine will not be a legendary they decided to make Entei so they would have somthing similar. They got ideas from Arcanine and made Entei. And do you realize how much arcanine looks like a legendary?

Also, I always wonder why ash is riding a arcanine in the opening credits, he never catches one.
__________________
Everybody loves a comback! I'm still kicking and still diving.

† I have accepted Jesus Christ as my personal savior and am proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
  #29  
Old 12-15-2007, 03:48 AM
Blaziken 0wnige's Avatar
Blaziken 0wnige Offline
Experienced Trainer
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 148
Default Re: Arcanine was a Legendary!

Hey A Thought Has Just Struck Me Evryone Has Been Saying That Arcanine Was A Legendairy And They Decided Not To Make Him One And Then Stuck A Growlithe In Thair As The Evolvement Before Him But If That Was Tru That Would Mean That Thair Would Have Been Onley 150 Pokemon But Its Alwasys Been 151 Hasnt It?
__________________
  #30  
Old 12-15-2007, 05:26 AM
Jack of Clovers's Avatar
Jack of Clovers Offline
~lil leprechaun~
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: the world of fantasy...
Posts: 10,388
Send a message via ICQ to Jack of Clovers Send a message via AIM to Jack of Clovers Send a message via MSN to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Yahoo to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Skype™ to Jack of Clovers
Default Re: Arcanine was a Legendary!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oni Raichu View Post
Yes, but the whole reason this thread was created was to prove that Arcanine was originally a Legendary...
I believe what you say is true. When Pokemon first came out in America, Arcanine was classified in the 'Legendary' group. I still have orignal Pokemon pages I printed from sites way back then, listing each Pokemon in a group (Sea, Forest, Town, Legend... etc.) Growlithe was in the Forest. Arcanine was in the Legendary category, along with Dratini->Dragonite.

At that time, I do believe Arcanine was semi-legendary.

~Jack~
__________________
Thanks PE2K for all the memories.

-| Links |-
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:25 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Style Design: AlienSector.com