Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  
 

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Games » Fourth Generation

Fourth Generation Discuss the fourth generation Pokemon games: Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, HeartGold and SoulSilver.


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #31  
Old 12-13-2007, 04:28 AM
TheOneAndOnlyCarlo's Avatar
TheOneAndOnlyCarlo Offline
Elite Trainer
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Behind u wit a knife (pokemongal72)
Posts: 787
Send a message via AIM to TheOneAndOnlyCarlo
Default Re: My rant on standard rules!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Away View Post
Um, no. The whole game is not based on luck. Argument destroyed. Have a nice day.

Trying to 'control' the battles is not the same thing as trying to make it so that both players are playing on even ground.

P.S. Lol@ "five people" being able to determine the rules of a whole battle section. The reason these rules are so standard is because the majority agreed they were the best way to keep battles even and fair.

Fire Away, You are wrong! >:[

You should go to Shoddy battle and see what Hell looks like.

But I'm telling you right now is that ALL pokeymans Battle are certainly based on Luck. See those Accuracy and those CH (High Critical hits such as Night slash) and the Magic Speed numbers (Poke having excact Same speed making it 50/50)

But hey! Not all battle are based on Luck, but Prediction of the metagame and Strategies which are much huger chances than Luck.

You just have to get used to battles so you can set up your stategies and upgrade your 1337 predicting skills Every Battles.


Example.

Togekiss used NASTY FLOCK! (Sp. Atk Increases)
Noob trainer switches in Weavile.
Weavile uses Ice punch!
It's a critical HAX! Togekiss fainted 126.5%

You see that Togekiss would of survived if it wasn't a critical hit.

Noob trainer wins! 0-1
Noob trainer: HAHAHAGAHA U SUK.
Fullmetal: Dude Wtf I would of won.


Luck will come around you during your battles.
Sometimes you will get lucky, sometimes you won't.
__________________

Never underestimate the 250 Ib. GigaAlligator. FEED HIM MAGIKARPS!!1


Magikarps killed: 4

~ Carlo's Nearly Undefeated Team
Coming soon, Dec 26th.
  #32  
Old 12-13-2007, 04:31 AM
Fire Away's Avatar
Fire Away Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 4,768
Default Re: My rant on standard rules!!!

I'm not wrong. Read like, two posts ahead and you'll see that I'm aware there is chance involved in the game, but saying that 'the whole game is luck' is an inaccurate statement. I also supported that argument by saying that while chance will always be a part of the game, ability, 9 times out of 10, will trump it. I can't really tell what side of the argument you're supporting, though, since you seem to change halfway through your post.

I do Shoddy it up quite a bit, thank you.
__________________


Hi




  #33  
Old 12-13-2007, 04:39 AM
TheOneAndOnlyCarlo's Avatar
TheOneAndOnlyCarlo Offline
Elite Trainer
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Behind u wit a knife (pokemongal72)
Posts: 787
Send a message via AIM to TheOneAndOnlyCarlo
Default Re: My rant on standard rules!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Away View Post
I'm not wrong. Read like, two posts ahead and you'll see that I'm aware there is chance involved in the game, but saying that 'the whole game is luck' is an inaccurate statement. I also supported that argument by saying that while chance will always be a part of the game, ability, 9 times out of 10, will trump it. I can't really tell what side of the argument you're supporting, though, since you seem to change halfway through your post.

I do Shoddy it up quite a bit, thank you.


Oh crap, I didn't see the other posts.

I just randomly go to threads and explode with a Post.

Sorry about that.



Shoddy battle FTW.
__________________

Never underestimate the 250 Ib. GigaAlligator. FEED HIM MAGIKARPS!!1


Magikarps killed: 4

~ Carlo's Nearly Undefeated Team
Coming soon, Dec 26th.
  #34  
Old 12-13-2007, 04:46 AM
PaPeRpLaNe's Avatar
PaPeRpLaNe Offline
Elite Trainer
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Do you really care?
Posts: 787
Default Re: My rant on standard rules!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickleboy View Post
Do you really think that team can't be beat with non-uber pokemon? And if he's a n00b, he wouldn't use them correctly anyway.



OK, so leftovers recover a whole 13 HP... wow, so much! If he put another up, that means you can just keep on waisting it's hp because he'll use the same move over and over, and if he uses something different, then he'll waist even MORE hp. he's cornered if he keeps on trying Substitute. And knowing it has no attack moves, you won't need to worry about taking damage yourself. With roost, it leaves him susceptible to Earthquake, and with right prediction, it would be a terrible move on the Zapdos' part.

Not that it matters, but Lucario and Togekiss are already way overused. And why wouldn't people use those moves in the first place? They're good moves.

OK, so there's a dude behind a sub and he can do ANYTHING he want without worry that he'll get hurt or inflicted with a status effect... because, you know, THAT doesn't sound like Double Team. The only thing that makes it un-reliable is that you can't use it without enough HP. But with it, there are ENDLESS possibilities without harm... and it's not banned why? THAT, I don't understand. It's obvious Breloom is too powerful with it, especially with it's new ability. Even with Sleep Clause you can't do anything to it.

Seriously. I don't like your attitude, dude. If you write that back to me in your post, I'll laugh. Really. Ubers have Stats beyond control. Even if a n00b runs them, what would happen? Deoxys, Lugia, Palkia, Giratina, Wobbufett, they're all too tough with most stats over 120. Using Ubers is boring, whats the point to Pokemon if you use the best and only the very best? It gets boring.

And about the Sub, Speed Priority, Break Moves, ect. can overcome it. You can force a switch to get rid of it as well.

Breloom can be counterred. It's Base Speed is only 70. The strategy is too familiar as is it's moves (Spre, Seed Bomb, FP, Sub). He starts with Spore. Send in something that can either use it (Rest-Talk) or won't really suffer from it. Then switch to something fast enough to ovetake it, break the Sub, and KO it. Or predict a switch.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sith Lord View Post
Just buy 20 super potions and 99 timer balls and you will catch it
  #35  
Old 12-13-2007, 04:55 AM
TheOneAndOnlyCarlo's Avatar
TheOneAndOnlyCarlo Offline
Elite Trainer
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Behind u wit a knife (pokemongal72)
Posts: 787
Send a message via AIM to TheOneAndOnlyCarlo
Default Re: My rant on standard rules!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaPeRpLaNe View Post
What does FTW mean?

And..your an aethiest?


For the Win, PaPeRpLaNe from Shoddy battle.

And sadly, I just copied his Quote since Fullmetal and me are BEST BUDZ
from the old Elite bandits clan.
__________________

Never underestimate the 250 Ib. GigaAlligator. FEED HIM MAGIKARPS!!1


Magikarps killed: 4

~ Carlo's Nearly Undefeated Team
Coming soon, Dec 26th.
  #36  
Old 12-13-2007, 02:18 PM
NinjaDuelist's Avatar
NinjaDuelist Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: In the ring with hopes and dreams.
Posts: 4,662
Default Re: My rant on standard rules!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickleboy View Post
According to what other people are saying, he is. I never found Breloom a big threat.

And as for Toxicroak/Gliscor - did you just agree that there are ways to avoid the effects of spore? With No Sleep Clause, and even with a Toxicroak/Gliscor, they can wake up and deal damage to it without worry of alot of damage back at them.
You probably never found Breloom a big threat because you probably face your buddies who use nothing but legendaries.

And you're talking about avoiding Spore? Not many ways to avoid it, as Spore is 100% accurate. Now, there are a few ways like Safeguard (never used) or Substitiute, but dodging the attack itself is almost impossible... unless of course you have no evasion clause.

If you have no evasion clause, though, then Spore will be only half of the problem, as your opponent will be souping up a Pokemon with Double Team, hence a n00b winning by luck.

-ND
__________________
* Trophies * I AM TEH EXTREME!! * Meh MySpace *

* Pro Wrestling Fan Club *
  #37  
Old 12-13-2007, 04:41 PM
Pickleboy's Avatar
Pickleboy Offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: In a local grocery store near you!
Posts: 973
Default Re: My rant on standard rules!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaDuelist View Post
You probably never found Breloom a big threat because you probably face your buddies who use nothing but legendaries.

And you're talking about avoiding Spore? Not many ways to avoid it, as Spore is 100% accurate. Now, there are a few ways like Safeguard (never used) or Substitiute, but dodging the attack itself is almost impossible... unless of course you have no evasion clause.

If you have no evasion clause, though, then Spore will be only half of the problem, as your opponent will be souping up a Pokemon with Double Team, hence a n00b winning by luck.

-ND
I only DO online battling, and I have faced Brelooms with Spore. I know what I'm saying.
Don't forget the berries and abilties that can block Spore, too! And someone using Double Team doesn't make them a n00b.

There are also items and abiltites that prevent the cause of sleep, too. And seeing that a Breloom can't move very fast, and they have some-what weak defenses, AND they're gonna be holding a Toxic Orb more rather than a Focus Sash, they're easy to rid of.

And as for the "Ubers", they can be handled quit easily. Let's start with the most rediculously classified Wobbufet... you KNOW it won't attack directly, and it won't have anything other than counter moves, and having nothing but offense in your move-set is stupid unless the pokemon can work with all 4 moves, and they should be spreaded by type and physical-special. Anyway, we know you can't switch out, so what do you do? You try imparing the Wobbefut with status conditions, my personal favorite being Parafusion. OK, so Wobby has left-overs... big deal . The idea is to immobilize it, not make it damage itself. Then you either start attacking or build your stats up. Believe me, when any normaly powerful pokemon increases it's offense to the full 6, a Wobbufet will MOST LIKELY get KO'd , and if it doesn't, that's why you impared it in the first place, and even if THAT doesn't stop it, it MIGHT counter back, seeing how you're not attacking it and the person controlling Wobby is being thrown off-key, and even if it did THAT, the next pokemon you send out will KO it for sure, an you'll be se back on even ground with one less "Uber" to face. Or you could send out a Dark-type pokemon an hit it with Special Attacks, or a Ghost-type pokemon and hit it with Physical Attacks.

I would like to say more, but I know if I did, I'd just get flamed by people for typing walls of strategies against the "godly-powerful 'Ubers'".
__________________
First place winner of the Keldeo Sketchbook!
White 2 FC: 3912-5346-0084

Last edited by Pickleboy; 12-13-2007 at 05:31 PM.
  #38  
Old 12-13-2007, 05:17 PM
Hyper Blaze's Avatar
Hyper Blaze Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Your moms are great.
Posts: 4,043
Default Re: My rant on standard rules!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickleboy View Post
I only DO online battling, and I have faced Brelooms with Spore. I know what I'm saying.
Don't forget the berries and abilties that can block Spore, too! And someone using Double Team doesn't make them a n00b.
No one uses berrys except Salac and stuff.

And BTW, what if Fire Away's favorite pokemon were all ubers? He'd own every single one of us.


And also, Double Team just makes luck. WE TRY TO MAKE COMPETIVE BATTLING AS BALANCED AND FAIR AS POSSIBLE. And thats WHY we have the clauses. Unless you want the meta-game to be unfair, and a LOT of luck.

~HB~
__________________
FC: 0645 2280 9393

Credit to Scyperior for the banner and avvie.
  #39  
Old 12-13-2007, 05:21 PM
skate4242 Offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: New York(USA)
Posts: 277
Default Re: My rant on standard rules!!!

hmmm i think skynerd has a point, i hate it when i cant use my legendaries in a battle, i mean come on what is the point of waseting the data putting them in the game. so i personally think people shouldnt be so strict with rules.
  #40  
Old 12-13-2007, 05:23 PM
Hyper Blaze's Avatar
Hyper Blaze Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Your moms are great.
Posts: 4,043
Default Re: My rant on standard rules!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skate4242 View Post
hmmm i think skynerd has a point, i hate it when i cant use my legendaries in a battle, i mean come on what is the point of waseting the data putting them in the game. so i personally think people shouldnt be so strict with rules.
Ubers are banned because they're too powerful. Legends are fine.

~HB~
__________________
FC: 0645 2280 9393

Credit to Scyperior for the banner and avvie.
  #41  
Old 12-13-2007, 05:24 PM
skate4242 Offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: New York(USA)
Posts: 277
Default Re: My rant on standard rules!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyper Blaze View Post
Ubers are banned because they're too powerful. Legends are fine.

~HB~
yea i know lol but. i like legends but i find it annoying that i cant use them
  #42  
Old 12-13-2007, 05:29 PM
Hyper Blaze's Avatar
Hyper Blaze Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Your moms are great.
Posts: 4,043
Default Re: My rant on standard rules!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skate4242 View Post
and what is the point of having the sleep moves/ko moves ifu cant use them.
Because if all your pokemon go to sleep, thats unfair.

And Sheer Cold and stuff have a 70% chance of dieing nothing, and a 30% chance of KOing. And it's hax if it hits, since it KO's all the time.

~HB~
__________________
FC: 0645 2280 9393

Credit to Scyperior for the banner and avvie.
  #43  
Old 12-13-2007, 06:08 PM
Fire Away's Avatar
Fire Away Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 4,768
Default Re: My rant on standard rules!!!

I'll just address these without quotes, since trying to fit them all in here would make this post fatter than Blissey.

Pickleboy, I actually think Wobbuffet is a lot easier to defeat than most ubers. In uber battles he doesn't even exist. Still, the ability to 'guarantee' a kill by trapping is a skill that only Dugtrio shares, and lol@him with his 35 base HP. It's justified, but I wouldn't really quit if I faced one in a standard battle.

Again, you're assuming I'm unaware UUs can defeat ubers. I know they can, that's not the issue here. In a battle of two players, with equal skill, who will win? The person who packed their team with Palkia, Kyogre, Rayquaza, etc., or the person who's bringing a Vileplume to an uberfight? If you think the metagame features the same 20 Pokemon now, you honestly think allowing ubers will make that better? It will make it worse. Yes, occasional a brave player will come in and OHKO that Rayquaza with their Absol's Me First Outrage, and more power to them. Strategy > numbers every day of the week, but it gets to a point where the odds are very stacked against you.

Obviously a Chesto berry and some Vital Spirit/Insomnia Pokemon can counter Breloom effectively. The fact is that you're still using a valuable item slot to counter one specific Pokemon. If that's what your team needs it can work fine, but usually I'd prefer something else.

I hope you don't think I'm flaming, as I'm just trying to argue this point here.

@Hyper Blaze -- Thanks?
__________________


Hi




  #44  
Old 12-13-2007, 08:35 PM
scubasteveE's Avatar
scubasteveE Offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 3,558
Send a message via AIM to scubasteveE Send a message via MSN to scubasteveE
Default Re: My rant on standard rules!!!

I'm pretty much done with this arguement but:
I think the sleep clause is fair but you have to be dummer then a doorknob to let all your pokes be put to sleep.
DT..... well I guess I can live with out it, but still I'm pointing out the suggestion with only one poke having it.
I'm sorry pickleboy but ubers will never be able to use in tourneys. I mean even the game designers thought they was too strong because they banned most of them from the battle tower
__________________
Everybody loves a comback! I'm still kicking and still diving.

† I have accepted Jesus Christ as my personal savior and am proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
  #45  
Old 12-13-2007, 10:48 PM
Skynerd1 Offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Up in ze sky.
Posts: 111
Angry Re: My rant on standard rules!!!

Well i must say this.....HYPER BLAZE YOU ARE A COMPLETE MORON YOUR LUCKY I CANT BAN YOU FROM POKEMON FOREVER YOU COMPLETE WASTE OF A LIFE!!!!!! Also i would like to say thanks to pickleboy and others who supported me in this thread and showed they are true, pure, pokemon fans till the end. Any-hoo this thread is far from over my point and everyone that agrees with me still stands and stand here and wait for the time to strike you weak minded fools. Bird master says Peace out for now until reply's start coming.

Last edited by Seawolf; 12-13-2007 at 11:36 PM.
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:28 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Style Design: AlienSector.com