Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Discussion

Discussion This is for discussion about current events (news), issues, politics, and any other topics of serious discussion. For more casual talk, go to the Other Chat board. Proper sentences, spelling, and grammar is especially strict in this board.

Old 12-10-2007, 12:56 AM
Charbok Offline

Send a message via AIM to Charbok Send a message via MSN to Charbok Send a message via Skype™ to Charbok
Default Should Sex be Exclusive?

Thanks to Ataro for reminding me of this discussion I had the other day with someone.

We were talking about sex in general (don't know how the topic came about) and he says that sex is fun. Of course, that's pretty much a given, not that I would know for sure.
But then he brought up another topic, saying that you (meaning people in general) should be able to have sex with whomever and whenever you please.

Apparently, he thinks that sex is an enjoyable activity and nothing more.
This bothers me to a degree, because I've always looked at sex as an exclusive activity between to people who love eachother very much, as a way to express themselves.

So my quesiton is:
Should sex be exclusive to a relationship?
-or-
Should it be a fun activity that can be whenever and with whoever you want?
Old 12-10-2007, 12:58 AM
eb90 Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to eb90 Send a message via MSN to eb90 Send a message via Yahoo to eb90
Default Re: Should Sex be Exclusive?

I for one am not a supporter of sex being "fun". What if someone to get pregnant. Condoms aren't all that reliable.
Old 12-10-2007, 01:00 AM
Charbok Offline

Send a message via AIM to Charbok Send a message via MSN to Charbok Send a message via Skype™ to Charbok

Quote:
Originally Posted by eb90 View Post
I for one am not a supporter of sex being "fun". What if someone to get pregnant. Condoms aren't all that reliable.
They are actually quite reliable.
I think the chance that a condom will break when used correctly is less than 1/4 of a percent.
That, combined with Birth Control pills makes for a pretty good combo.
Old 12-10-2007, 01:03 AM
eb90 Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to eb90 Send a message via MSN to eb90 Send a message via Yahoo to eb90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charbok View Post
They are actually quite reliable.
I think the chance that a condom will break when used correctly is less than 1/4 of a percent.
That, combined with Birth Control pills makes for a pretty good combo.
But did you know that some females are allergic to Birth control pills.
Old 12-10-2007, 01:03 AM
Drift Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Sex should be exclusive, definately. If you're in a relationship with someone (a serious relationship at that) it should be exclusive without a doubt. Since sex is the act of love between two people who deeply care for one another.

@eb90; You know, there are Birth Control Pills out there for every girl. If you're allergic to one, you're not allergic to them all. And I believe a BCP allergy is VERY rare, since, if you didn't know, most of the time BCPs aren't used for actual birth control - they're used for medical reasons.

Maybe back. Maybe not.

Last edited by Drift; 12-10-2007 at 01:06 AM.
Old 12-10-2007, 01:05 AM
Charbok Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by eb90 View Post
But did you know that some females are allergic to Birth control pills.
No WAY!
Now we only have a 99.75 percent chance of not getting pregnant!!!

I like the Vatican.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/aids/story...059068,00.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drift View Post
@eb09; You know, there are Birth Control Pills out there for every girl. If you're allergic to one, you're not allergic to them all. And I believe a BCP allergy is VERY rare, since, if you didn't know, most of the time BCPs aren't used for actual birth control - they're used for medical reasons.
Such as to control cramps from Menstruation.
Old 12-10-2007, 01:06 AM
eb90 Offline
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drift View Post
@eb09; You know, there are Birth Control Pills out there for every girl. If you're allergic to one, you're not allergic to them all. And I believe a BCP allergy is VERY rare, since, if you didn't know, most of the time BCPs aren't used for actual birth control - they're used for medical reasons.[/I]
\

See I didn't know that because I'm a guy but finally someone agrees with me and knows what they're talking about.
Old 12-10-2007, 01:46 AM
Ataro Offline
RUSTYREFBOT

Send a message via AIM to Ataro

I'm obviously going for exclusive. If its a fun activity, I think everyone else will have AIDS if they didn't have a condom. -.-

Besides, sex is like a special thing to share with your partner, something that can be done after trust, so exclusive is my choice.
Old 12-10-2007, 02:05 AM
Sixto Offline
Sofa King Cool

Send a message via AIM to Sixto Send a message via MSN to Sixto

A lot of people are saying sex without love is bad, it's not. I don't want to offend anyone, but maybe you guys are saying those things because you've actually never experienced it. That's not a bad thing either, if you want to wait till marriage, considering when you've married someone, you're more than likely in love, then more power to you. But the fact of the matter is that the pleasure is there, just not the type of pleasure that you're expecting or wanting. Prostitution is the defintion of loveless sex.

To me, sex is not an activity, I do care about the person, but I've also done things I'm not particularly proud of and wish could take back, but what's done is done. In the end, protection is your friend. Exclusive or not.
Old 12-10-2007, 03:38 AM
Bulletangel Offline
Elite Trainer

In all, it's entirely up to the person themselves, and their 'partner' whom they would partake in the activity with...

Protection is Key, kids.

Birth Control Pills can severely damage a woman. Let's not push that idea too hard.

...under construction...
-Paired with Hazmat Forever-

Old 12-10-2007, 08:18 AM
Jazza Offline
Experienced Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Jazza Send a message via MSN to Jazza

Umm. No, no it should not. Why would it be? After all, it IS my choice wether or not to have sex with whomever i want. If they agree, that is.

Thanks Drift for the awesome banner! <3
»\Comic ~ VPP ~ URPG
Old 12-10-2007, 04:08 PM
pikahero2 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to pikahero2 Send a message via MSN to pikahero2

No, Its for someone you deeply care for, Just that.

| Vote me and PyreTheTorchic in MoTM when it comes. :3 |

[\ Pokémon Frenzy -URPG - VPP Stats - PyreXRyan - /]
Old 12-10-2007, 04:14 PM
earth_type_rule Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

For those who understand, this is my topic :D

I say both. Sex can be used as pleasure, as many people would agree. But, some people only have sex when they're married, and nothing before that. I don't mind for both of them, but sex is a thing that ANYONE on the planet does!

To conclude it: You can have sex just for pleasure if your not interested in a relation, though, you can wait for a relation to build and then have sex. Either way, you'll do it
Old 12-10-2007, 07:02 PM
DragoniteMistress Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to DragoniteMistress Send a message via Yahoo to DragoniteMistress

When faced with a question like this, I look at animals. I'm not clear on this, but humans and dolphins are supposedly the only animals in existence that perform sexual activity for pleasure, any other animal does it in mating season to bear offspring.

Why it's like that, I'm not entirely sure, but if you were more open about sexual activity like that, then I'm sure that the media's already overprotective drive towards the youth would go into overdrive, and we'd face a more severe "overprotective environment". What can I say, though? Likely thousands of people already have non-exclusive sex just for fun, so at this point it's difficult to say. Morally, I'd have to go with it being exclusive, to help lessen the chances of STDs and unwanted pregnancies.
Old 12-16-2007, 02:57 AM
OrexxerO Offline
Master Trainer

To me it should be exclusive. It can cause budding relationships to collapse. It can cause kids to lose their dreams by becoming parents at a young age.

Sadly now days people are thinking it less and less exclusive and more and more just something to do in your spare time...dare I say it, a "hobby".

Myself? I probably won't have sex until about..oh.....at least five years from now. Because then I will probably be married.

So no sex till marriage for me. Keeps alot of potential problems out of the picture and its just something my parents taught through example.