Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Other Chat

Other Chat For non-Pokemon discussion on everything else. For casual talk only, any more serious topics such as current events, should be in the Discussion. You can talk about anything else that is not covered in the other "Other Boards" that are above.

Closed Thread

Old 11-20-2004, 05:00 PM
PokemonElite2000 Offline

Send a message via ICQ to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via AIM to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via MSN to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via Yahoo to PokemonElite2000
Default Leaves/Temporary Leaves/I'm Back Thread

Whether you're leaving for good or leaving temporarily, you can put it here in this thread.

You can also update that you're back on the forum, after a long period of absense.

Last edited by PokemonElite2000; 03-07-2006 at 07:36 AM.
Old 08-31-2005, 06:52 AM
Hoenn Mirror Girl Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via ICQ to Hoenn Mirror Girl Send a message via AIM to Hoenn Mirror Girl Send a message via MSN to Hoenn Mirror Girl Send a message via Yahoo to Hoenn Mirror Girl
Default And now... some bad news for PE2Kers...

Until further notice, I'm leaving PE2K. Yes, despite my bragging of never leaving it, I'm afraid I'm going to have leave the very first Pokemon forum I've joined.

There were a lot of good points in the beginning. I made a lot of friends, my first fan fic (Johto Island Adventure) became a hit, and pretty much nothing could go wrong.

However, ProBoards ended up deleting the boards (and all because of a foreign language rule). Everyone was mad, but I didn't care and adjusted to the VBulletin server where I became a G-mod. Everything was normal until that long downtime that lasted until about Christmas Eve. During that time, one of my works was harshly critcized by a member (when I should've realized that I deserved it since I've got zero through feedback during the early PE2K days). In return, I ruined his good name at PE2K with my fan club at the time wanting to kick his butt. In the end, both sides were guilty (PE2K and myself more than the other). Noticing that the fan fiction rules weren't strict enough and we were open pray to Farla and the like, I decided to put my G-mod powers to good use and beef up the rules.

However, I came to realize that compared to the more quality forums like PokeCommunity, Pokemon Elite 2000 has a lot of faults. First off, our admins not that active, and there's like several at PC and BulbaGarden. I feel that there's almost no variety like that of those two forums. Heck, Pokemon Fan Universe seems flat out dead, but at least the moderators are on a regular basis. I'm never that active on ANY forums, but I still come back to look for interesting stuff.

Aside from leaving PE2K out of lack of interest, I'm leaving because most of the damage was done by me. My first crime (that was already commited) giving an author a bad name. Sure, he was a bit too far sometimes, but I was totally egotistic and selfish to put the blame on Yamato-san the way I did. The whole forum hated him, but things eventually cleared up.

Another crime that was commited by me was the fan fic licenses. They'll cut down on the bad fic authors by blocking them from the fan fic section and have them learn from author advice threads and high quality fan fics. They have this kind of stuff with role-playing and online clubs, so it could work for fan fiction, right?

What I failed tp realize is that while it would cut down on bad fan fics, these will happen:
-New authors would feel that the ability to express themselves would be severely restrticed.
-Constructive reviews will no longer have a purpose.
-It will make the fan fic moderators (who will be rating the fan fics) look stuck up and pompous.
-Length limits will turn some authors off.

So, due to the licenses being more harmful than hurtful, they were cancelled.

My recent and biggest crime, however, was a VERY biased Hall of Fame accompanied by a Hall of Shame. The winning authors felt like it was pointless and a waste of time having thier fics placed because they were being praised by me, and the Hall of Shame was seen as intimidating and would scare new authors away. It was intended to be a teaching tool for new writers for what to do and what not to do for fan fiction, but once again I took it down because it did more damage than fixing. I was severely criticized for this until I wrote a public apology (and even then, a few members thought it was fake).

Basically, I'm leaving PE2K because of all the damage I've done and lack of interest. I'll still be around AIM and hang around Pokemon Fan Universe, PokeCommunity, and BulbaGarden. Will I come back? Maybe, maybe not. But when I do, I hope PE2K is in better shape until now.

I'll come back every now and then to handle some areas of the board. I'll be around a lot during the holiday season, but that's pretty much it.

Farewell, everyone.
Old 08-31-2005, 07:11 AM
HKim Offline
Editor-in-chief

Send a message via AIM to HKim Send a message via Yahoo to HKim Send a message via Skype™ to HKim
Default Re: And now... some bad news for PE2Kers...

Ida, we will miss you.

You have been here longer than most members registered on PE2K. For the longest time, you've been the fanfic board moderator and now a Global Moderator. We have read your stories, seen your art, and listened to your ideas. It is sad to see a friend leave us.

I wish you the best of luck on those three forums. They wil be receiving a top member in her fields and a leader with experience. I hope that you find whatever you're looking for at those forums.

When you do visit us again, we will be stronger. We will be a better forum than when you left and I hope that one day we will be in good enough shape so that you'll return to us fully. I look forward to that day.

Goodye our Hoenn Mirror Girl. Goodbye Ida.
"We love Him because He first loved us." 1 John 4:19
Challenge me in the URPG.
Old 08-31-2005, 09:42 AM
TDD91 Offline

We'll all miss the randomness you brought to Daily Chit Chat and your amazzing Fan Fics. Hope you return soon.
Old 08-31-2005, 01:44 PM
Loyal Arcanine Offline

Send a message via AIM to Loyal Arcanine

I don't know you as well as other did, but this is still very sad news to me. We'll miss you. I hope we can live up to the promise HKim made about the forum, so that one day you'll be fully back.

"gengar is a fart" imsocorn (4:08:55): Is that your way of saying "and not a single **** was given that day" ?

Old 08-31-2005, 01:57 PM
Techno Treecko Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Techno Treecko Send a message via Yahoo to Techno Treecko

And another one bites the dust!

Goodbye JIG, you're always welcome at our special place (IM me on AIM for more details ).
Old 09-02-2005, 08:24 PM
Ierdar Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Ierdar Send a message via MSN to Ierdar Send a message via Yahoo to Ierdar

Well, bye bye JIG. Not sure what else to say. We were never close, but we got along when we needed to. =P

I'm sure you'll be missed by many people. I didn't take the time to read your post, so I don't know why you're leaving. Good bye JIG, and good luck in life.
Old 09-03-2005, 08:50 PM
MystiKal Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to MystiKal Send a message via MSN to MystiKal Send a message via Yahoo to MystiKal

Well hate to see you go JIG, you'll be missed.
Old 09-04-2005, 12:27 AM
Sky Girl Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Sky Girl Send a message via MSN to Sky Girl Send a message via Yahoo to Sky Girl

Well, I didn't know you that well HMG, but bye. I'll miss you, as will everyone else I'm sure. You were a major part of the forum and I'm sorry you feel that you did a lot of damage. Pe2k will be better one day. But the bad things about Pe2k are not there because of you. You helped make Pe2k the great forum it is (despite server problems). Good bye and good luck in life.

currently.
"In a gentle way, you can shake the world." ~Mohandas Gandhi
Old 09-04-2005, 04:06 AM
Finglonger Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Finglonger

yeah well even though you and me didnt exactly get along sometimes im still going to miss you JIG...hopefully I'll cya around otherwise good luck in whatever ventures you decide to pursue
Old 09-04-2005, 06:21 AM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga
Default My Final Farewell And Thank You

Well, it’s been a long time and I’m sure not all of you were expecting this. Nearly a year ago I had left under better conditions than what PE2K is in now. While Dap had to leave because of his father and Mana and Khold left from a lost of interest in Pokémon itself, I’m leaving for a different reason. My father doesn’t care what I do on the Internet and my love for Pokémon is still very strong and will likely stay that way for quite some time. One of my reasons for leaving is severe loss of interest for this forum itself. My rate of posting has dwindled to almost just one post every day. The last thing that kept me here was in fact the Magnificent Alliance team thread. The second reason for leaving is in result of Ryan’s failure to perform his duty as the sole owner and only administrator of PE2K. Many times, in fact too many times, the other G-mods and myself asked for his direct assistance in times when trying to make the forum as good as it could be had failed. Instead of getting a direct response, we were given something that barely satisfied our needs, but it was enough for us to keep satisfied in hopes that one day we would really get what we needed. That never came.

For a long time I’ve tried to help this forum in many ways. I can’t even count them all or put them in a list. But many of them were met with failure or ended before intentional completion. And so, after many months of hard work that resulted in failure and disappointment, I asked Ryan himself for support. I hate saying this, but his stubbornness, his inactivity, and his inability to cooperate with the rest of his Global Moderators drove me furious on multiple occasions. Ryan provided no council, no encouragement, no drive, and no motivation to make this forum the best it could be, and after two years of hard work on my behalf and the behalf of many other members, this is in fact one of the most crestfallen moments I’ve had to embrace. After asking for his direct help with my continued membership on the line, he simply appointed HKim as “Head Global Moderator” and tried to get us to believe all problems were solved, again, failing to realize the forum needs far more support from him than ever before. Sorry, but this is no excuse for him failing to remain active as this forum’s single and only administrator. HKim has already tried to think of solutions, and this insignificant action essentially puts us in no better of a position than what we were in before. Ryan knew this whole time that everyone but him wanted this forum to be better than just status quo. Why he didn’t respect that and try to help us in this ongoing task will always be beyond my comprehension. Technically, he should be doing more for this forum than we did…

And yes, I already know that this departure will result in other members leaving as well. People may jump to the conclusion that this will be my fault, but I must say that if this forum was packed to the brim with excitement and enjoyment, then I would be the only one leaving and people would laugh and think I’m a fool for it. That’s obviously not the case. And I’ll say it right now, I’m not the only one who feels this way. This has been going on for a long time, and now, everyone’s patience has ended. And so I must ask, if your admin, your owner of the forum doesn’t care about the well-being of the forum and the pleas of his members and moderators, then why should you? And if you feel this way, then I encourage you to leave as well, since this situation will never change like it has gone through in the past. There are better places and forums on the horizon, with admins and owners that do care and want to do the best job possible. Find them, I know they’re out there.

In the end, I’d like to thank everyone who did make my two years of PE2K enjoyable. Most of these people have already left either with a formal goodbye thread, or simply walked away in silence, but there are still a rare precious few that still come here. You know who you are. You made this place count for me, and I thank you for giving me a chance as I tried to befriend as many people as possible. Trust me, there were far better times, and while I may have taken them for granted back then, they did become fond memories. The list of people I would like to thank would go on for miles, and many of those people I mention would never get the chance to read it. Still, I appreciate that kindness and that attention. I tried to do my best. I really did through these many months…

I’ll still come on to AIM from time to time, but please don’t instant message me and get angry at me for my decision here. To those who enjoyed my Flash work and still want to continue seeing it, every Flash animation I create will be submitted to Newgrounds.com under the profile name Neo_Pikachu. Just so you know, computer animation will be something I plan on continuing for many years to come. If you make a Gold Account and set me as a favorite author, you will get an email notice whenever I submit a Flash animation, which is a nice and handy feature considering how much stuff gets submitted there on a daily basis. As for my fan fictions, they’ll be submitted to Serebii forums once they’re ready. So if you really want to see what happens to Juno, you can look there. That’s where I’ll likely be to still quench my thirst for Pokémon and Pikachu if you really want to know.

Farewell, and best of luck to all of you in the future. I’ve seen a lot of good people come and go and I know I’m about to join them, but for all the times I brought you happiness and a smile, I’m glad it worked and you enjoyed my company. There’s nothing better in this world than for you to do your best to make another person smile. And if there’s only one thing you ever remember about me in the future, make it that. Again, thank you and I mean it.

And never forget Pikachu is forever.

Old 09-04-2005, 06:28 AM
Ierdar Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Ierdar Send a message via MSN to Ierdar Send a message via Yahoo to Ierdar
Default Re: My Final Farewell And Thank You

Well Neo, I'll be honest, I didn't read any of that. =P

You're a huge loss to this forum, and you'll be greatly missed. Guess I'll see you around AIM, though I haven't talked to you on IMs or chats in ages. =\

Farewell, Neo.
Old 09-04-2005, 06:36 AM
HKim Offline
Editor-in-chief

Send a message via AIM to HKim Send a message via Yahoo to HKim Send a message via Skype™ to HKim

Ah Neo...

We shall all miss you, my friend. We've met as rivals in the War and became friends as leaders. I have always admired your determination to succeed and your ability to organize. You have inspired many and given hope to the PE2K members. We shall miss you.

I don't think anyone could say anything negative to you, Neo. You have been one of the nicest members, one of the nicest friends that we could have. Your dramatic stories of adventure and your well-designed flash movies have delighted us. You're a man of many talents, the Da Vinci of our age, and a friend of every member.

I guess it's time to say goodbye. God bless you, my friend.
"We love Him because He first loved us." 1 John 4:19
Challenge me in the URPG.
Old 09-04-2005, 07:49 AM
Thanatos Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to Thanatos Send a message via MSN to Thanatos Send a message via Yahoo to Thanatos

Well, I knew it was coming, it was a matter of "when."

I'll be seeing you Neo. I know where to find you these days.

I was a newbie, you helped me a few times when I first joined. You don't remember, but I do.

You helped out the RSA with your Photoshop talents, though small, I truly appreciated it at the time.

You let me join the Brotherhood, the first war team I competed with.

You were a friend despite the small amount of contact we had.

I wish you the best forever in your future endeavors.

I however, take solice in one thing...

I'm still here.

Ryu Paladin

Lugia
Level 100 @ 5810 posts
VPP
Old 09-04-2005, 02:41 PM
Marill Offline

Send a message via AIM to Marill Send a message via Yahoo to Marill

Goodbye, Neo. You were the single, most vital part of PE2K. I will truly miss you.

Date Registered: 06/17/02 at 18:54:32
Closed Thread