Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: General Board

Pokemon: General Board General discussion about Pokemon in general. If the topic of your thread does not fall into the subjects in the other boards, post it there. In other words, everything else belongs here if it doesn't have a board of its own.

Old 12-02-2007, 06:50 AM
JentleViolence Offline

Send a message via AIM to JentleViolence
Default Re: Pokemon done?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Away View Post
They're going to make new Pokemon. Yes, Arceus and the space/time Pokemon are pretty major, but do you honestly think Nintendo/Gamefreak is going to let this cash cow run dry so soon?
Yep. Pokemon will continue, more generations will be made, and more Pokemon will be made. Seriously, they'll keep on making new Pokemon until there's not enough gamers/supporters to suport the Pokemon franchise.

I mean, the old "trainer gets 8 badges, trainer fights bad guy, trainer defeats champion" story will never get old. Once my brother tired of it in Pokemon GSC, I came and started playing RSE. Once I tire of PD, some little kid will get addicted to Pokemon like I did. And so the story goes on...-_-

We can hope for new games like Ranger and MD, though.
Old 12-02-2007, 07:07 AM
Blaziken 0wnige Offline
Experienced Trainer

yes i agree with evryone as i said before but jee its gunna get bludy hard to complete the natinal dex after a while i mean it already seems impossible to me on ruby imagine how hard its going to get
Old 12-02-2007, 01:33 PM
SolToneKing Offline
Banned

I think it end too unforunately but end is in everything....
Old 12-02-2007, 03:29 PM
Drift Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

The end of Pokemon isn't near at all.
We have a few more generations to go, atleast.
There were more than 1,000 Pokemon premade before Pokemon's debut, and they're releasing them bit by bit.
I don't know the exact number, but there are definately more generations coming our way.

Maybe back. Maybe not.
Old 12-02-2007, 03:47 PM
Lady Of The Lake Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Lady Of The Lake Send a message via Yahoo to Lady Of The Lake Send a message via Skype™ to Lady Of The Lake

i mean they could make a spin-off for the contest fans that would be fun they make a contest game
Old 12-02-2007, 03:48 PM
theEND Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to theEND Send a message via MSN to theEND

Although my love for Pokemon has not died out within the previous years, even the duration between FR/LG and D/P, I honestly think we have enough Pokemon.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drift View Post
The end of Pokemon isn't near at all.
We have a few more generations to go, atleast.
There were more than 1,000 Pokemon premade before Pokemon's debut, and they're releasing them bit by bit.
I don't know the exact number, but there are definately more generations coming our way.
And this information came from where? I honestly can't see more than 1,000 Pokemon coming our way. Practically all the animals in the world were used up. We're good with the 493 we have right now. A few legends couldn't hurt, but in all honesty, enough's enough.

EDIT: Most likely, Nintendo will score some big points with Pokemon game spin-offs, as in games that don't follow the original saga of Pokemon gaming. Pokemon MMOs, shooters, lots of genres to exploit. Don't fret, my fellow Pokemon fans.
Old 12-02-2007, 04:15 PM
Professor Geoffrey Offline

Send a message via AIM to Professor Geoffrey

I know people love Pokemon, and I know there are people who love it to the death, but asking for there to be no more Pokemon is somewat disloyalty. Yeah, I'm that obsessed.

Though, I do think we're done with more Pokemon for, like, four years. Why not five? Well, I don't want Dawn to star in any more movies.

But why, oh why, can't Pokemon just like, introdouce 30 or so Pokemon each year, or something like that? Because there are almost too many of them for us to remember. I can remember them all, but that means giving me their picture, and giving me time to answer for some of them.

Anyways, I don't want Pokemon to end just yet. I don't want Sinnoh to end it for Pokemon. I'd like to make it through the fifth generation, then be done. Then, they can go on to some other trainer, because I am totally sick of Ash. I've hated Ash since the new voice actor came along. But who could hate Pikachu?

Anyways, I think they need to center Pokemon on some new people, either new or old. They could reintroduce Pokemon Chronicles, or something. I miss Misty, and I'd love to see the adventures and lives Ash has touched. That would make a great story. For children, young adults, adults, and those that are young-at-heart.
Old 12-02-2007, 04:17 PM
Drift Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoPika View Post
Although my love for Pokemon has not died out within the previous years, even the duration between FR/LG and D/P, I honestly think we have enough Pokemon.....

And this information came from where? I honestly can't see more than 1,000 Pokemon coming our way. Practically all the animals in the world were used up. We're good with the 493 we have right now. A few legends couldn't hurt, but in all honesty, enough's enough.

EDIT: Most likely, Nintendo will score some big points with Pokemon game spin-offs, as in games that don't follow the original saga of Pokemon gaming. Pokemon MMOs, shooters, lots of genres to exploit. Don't fret, my fellow Pokemon fans.
The information has been out for awhile. I know for a fact there have been Pokemon premade before things have been released (a few of my family members work for the Pokemon Co.) I mean, Gastrodon was supposed to be in R/S/E, but they decided to put it in the D/P generation. They really can't just make Pokemon as they go along. It's not practical in a business sense. There's too much planning to be done, etc.

And I don't think they even care if people think 'enough is enough.' They want our money. How will they get it? With more Pokemon.

It just wouldn't make sense for it to be the end. I would imagine them ending it in a big way. The Sinnoh region wasn't exactly a grand finale.

Maybe back. Maybe not.
Old 12-02-2007, 06:06 PM
Gym Leader Ken Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoPika View Post
Practically all the animals in the world were used up. .

That is why we have pokemon like spiritomb and Bronzong....

Pokemon seems to becoming more like Digimon...Tons of them...and very random....

I apologize for having to compare but Its a little true..

Thats why I LOVE the 1st and 2nd generations..they seem cool and original and still animal like

Spiritomb ^_^

Old 12-02-2007, 06:33 PM
Drift Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gym Leader Ken View Post
That is why we have pokemon like spiritomb and Bronzong....

Pokemon seems to becoming more like Digimon...Tons of them...and very random....

I apologize for having to compare but Its a little true..

Thats why I LOVE the 1st and 2nd generations..they seem cool and original and still animal like
Actually, I can think of some animals that weren't used up that I bet they can make some really cool evolution lines out of.
Thing is, Pokemon isn't dead, and probably won't be for a LONG time.

Maybe back. Maybe not.
Old 12-02-2007, 06:54 PM
TatankaToT Offline
Master Trainer

they'd be dumb not to make a gsc re-make. Wy? beacuse it would sell!! they can't end pokemon now, It's nontendo's only successful claim to the game boy market. Also, as we get older new fans arrive as long as the anime goes. We aren't the only ones to consider.
Old 12-03-2007, 04:53 PM
Evvy_18 Offline
Experienced Trainer

Why a remake? Why not a combination of all the old worlds into one totally new game? It'd be huge - but it'd keep people playing. And with such a new world, it'd be ok to slip in a few more new pokemon here and there. In the past it wasn't possible, because the memory couldn't hold it, but now it can.

And another thing I'd like to see if they DID make a new version: I'd like to be able to DO more with pokemon. If they made pokemon more interactive, instead of always stuck in their pokeballs, I think people would be more interested.

And I also think a better battle format would be nice. Something with more animation/movement to keep me interested. I would like to [I]see[I] my pokemon dodge attacks, and shoot flames.

Some of you have voiced the feelings that pokemon are turning into digimon. And I kind of feel you're right. They're turning more....metallic. Pokemon started off as remakes of animals, not metal monsters. The new ones aren't nearly as cool as the old.

But maybe I'm dreaming. If the game sells well now, why change it?

Mentor: Spinarak Craney
Gamename: Trina
Friend Code: 2320 4484 4015
Credit for my avatar goes to aragornbird from Arkeis.com
Credit goes to Joangaes for the awesome banner!
Old 12-04-2007, 05:17 AM
k_pop Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Come on, you know they put out new generations of pokemon for the new generations of gamers. Every new step in the game world will probably bring a new generation of pokemon and fans. everyone will always be stuck on the generation that got them hooked. I really didn't get into it until r/s/e, and that's the generation I like most.

Although new games would be welcome. My brother and I were thrilled when Ranger was announced. We had talked about how cool a game like that would be. Our other brain-child...a gym leader game. You choose which type of gym leader you'd like to be (rock, water, etc.), then you take steps through the game to becoming a league gym leader!
Old 12-04-2007, 05:57 PM
Gym Leader Ken Offline

Evvy is right, I'd like to inetract with them more, and maybe let them walk around with me. Because I get tired of seeing people in the game get to walk around with theirs and i can't walk with mine other than that park with horrible limitations.

K_pop is right, People like what they get hooked with, me? 1st/2nd, others? maybe different. a Gym leader game would be cool tho..

Spiritomb ^_^

Old 12-04-2007, 07:20 PM
CHIMCHAR13 Offline
Experienced Trainer

I hope the same formula ends soon and nintendo gets a new one.I'm also very fond of the second generation games probably because silver version was my first ever game and it just has so many memories that I cherish,I also enjoyed the songs in the second generation a lot especially the song from olivine city and cherrygrove city.I think that the new games are cool too but that they're running out of creativity on new pokemon.The 4th gen pokes were too much like animals.Wut happened to the old pokemon we grew up with and learned to love?Now they make pokemon like hippowdon bidoof?OMG its a dang hippo and beaver that will annoy the **** out of you.And sure I kinda like the fact that they're modeled after animals but c'mon! can't they use more creativity?
And like someone else said they should make a game where you can go to all the regions it would be awesome just like in silver version where you got to go to Kanto after beating Jhoto.When I think of pokemon I think of a vast world where you can catch anything you can find and train.I wish it was a little more like that in the games.

Peace Out

Last edited by CHIMCHAR13; 12-04-2007 at 07:26 PM. Reason: details