Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Interactive Center » Pokemon Battling Center

Pokemon Battling Center Find an opponent to battle on Pokemon Black/White, Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver, Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum or Pokemon Online. Join a clan or tournament here.

Closed Thread

Old 11-28-2007, 12:15 AM
brettmeeink Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to brettmeeink Send a message via Yahoo to brettmeeink
Default Re: mmm... feedback

Can we pleeeease regulate on the number of clans? There are so many clans popping up everyday that have no chance to survive with the new one clan per person rule. If a few of these clans would fuse together it would make the whole battle thread a better place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _1337_ View Post
So since you put the fire in the ice, wouldn't that make you the Puddle Clan and not the Icicle Clan? I just need some clarification.
Old 11-28-2007, 12:37 AM
SHADOW SWORD Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to SHADOW SWORD

Quote:
Originally Posted by brettmeeink View Post
Can we pleeeease regulate on the number of clans? There are so many clans popping up everyday that have no chance to survive with the new one clan per person rule. If a few of these clans would fuse together it would make the whole battle thread a better place.
Eh if people don't join it will kill itself with inactivity anyways brah.
Old 11-28-2007, 01:20 AM
brettmeeink Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHADOW SWORD View Post
Eh if people don't join it will kill itself with inactivity anyways brah.
That doesn't fix anything. Then those same people make more clans, there are plenty examples of this. It ruins the competetion having 15 battlers spread through 10 clans when they could easily become one big clan.

Quote:
So since you put the fire in the ice, wouldn't that make you the Puddle Clan and not the Icicle Clan? I just need some clarification.
Old 11-28-2007, 01:30 AM
SHADOW SWORD Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to SHADOW SWORD

Quote:
That doesn't fix anything. Then those same people make more clans, there are plenty examples of this. It ruins the competetion having 15 battlers spread through 10 clans when they could easily become one big clan.
Dude that won't happen, LL already made it a rule that you can only be in one clan at a time...
Old 11-28-2007, 01:33 AM
brettmeeink Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHADOW SWORD View Post
Dude that won't happen, LL already made it a rule that you can only be in one clan at a time...
Loosely enforced if I do say so... Still that just means that the littler clans will only get smaller.

Quote:
Old 11-28-2007, 03:17 AM
Jack of Clovers Offline
~lil leprechaun~

Send a message via ICQ to Jack of Clovers Send a message via AIM to Jack of Clovers Send a message via MSN to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Yahoo to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Skype™ to Jack of Clovers

Well, more than likely, the smaller clans end up giving up and moving to more popular clans. While there are many clans around, there are other threads (leagues, battle threads, etc) being created too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokemaster1111 View Post
I have one....Well it's not more of a problem but it's a solution to one.

lil_leprachaun, I think that there should be like a clan starter form. If a new clan is going to be created then they should follow a form like this:

~Clan Form~

1)Intro
2)Purpose for being created
3)Rules for the clan
4)Members list
5)Member Rankings(Tryout battler, etc...)
6)Clan Banners
7)War Record

...After all these are completed then they can add in all the extra stuff that they want. I think this should help prevent clans from deteriorating.

-Alonzo
I like this. I'll add something like this to the rules.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaDuelist View Post
With that in mind, why not create a recruitment thread as well. I see people asking around if they could join anyone's clan, so why not make a place for all of that, then the leaders can pick from there who they want.
Uh... I disagree. I think applying directly in the clan thread is better. And this way the person won't be ignored. And we have too many stickied threads as is. heh.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaDuelist View Post
On a different note, what should be the overall rules for wars? I noticed that clans usually have the same rules, so why not make them official? Also, how many should participate in a war at minimum and at maximum?

I'd say that there should be a minimum of five members fighting and no maximum.
A set of official war rules would be great. I'm not familiar with in game battle rules, so I'll leave that to you guys. 5 member min is good, no max. No hacks obviously.

You guys can call me Jack, everyone else does.

~Jack~

-| Links |-
Old 11-28-2007, 04:24 AM
NinjaDuelist Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil_leprachaun33 View Post
Well, more than likely, the smaller clans end up giving up and moving to more popular clans. While there are many clans around, there are other threads (leagues, battle threads, etc) being created too.

I like this. I'll add something like this to the rules.

Uh... I disagree. I think applying directly in the clan thread is better. And this way the person won't be ignored. And we have too many stickied threads as is. heh.

A set of official war rules would be great. I'm not familiar with in game battle rules, so I'll leave that to you guys. 5 member min is good, no max. No hacks obviously.

You guys can call me Jack, everyone else does.

~Jack~
So... can I still call you "Lucky"?

Anyway, I'd say that five members minimum needs to participate in a war sounds fair. What does everyone else think?

* Pro Wrestling Fan Club *
Old 11-28-2007, 04:34 AM
brettmeeink Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

5 minimum is a good idea. I'm torn on having a set of rules for every war though. It would be easier, but then sometimes maybe both sides want a change.

Quote:
Old 11-28-2007, 04:36 AM
NinjaDuelist Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

We could have some standard rules, and have some rules be decided between the clan leaders that are at war with each other.

Old 11-28-2007, 04:41 AM
brettmeeink Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Yeah I think the main issue that is argued is the use of legends. The rest can be generally agreed on. i.e., the standard clauses: sleep, evasion...

Quote:
Old 11-28-2007, 04:42 AM
NinjaDuelist Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Quote:
Yeah I think the main issue that is argued is the use of legends. The rest can be generally agreed on. i.e., the standard clauses: sleep, evasion...
Then perhaps that should be an open case amongst the leaders when they name their terms, then.

Old 11-28-2007, 04:57 AM
Teo Offline

Send a message via AIM to Teo Send a message via MSN to Teo

I feel clan war rules should go by the rules set down by the clan being challenged. Not everybody has the same preference for battling. Maybe a general guideline for people to go by most of the time would be good. Over all though, I feel that any clan who challenges another clan should abide by the rules of the clan they challenged. Since some clans do have some different things.
Old 11-28-2007, 05:04 AM
brettmeeink Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Nah the set of basic standard rules prevents disagreements. We should get a few leaders to agree and make the set of rules.

Quote:
Old 11-28-2007, 05:18 AM
Teo Offline

Send a message via AIM to Teo Send a message via MSN to Teo

If you abide by the rules of the clan/team your challenging. There shouldn't be any arguments, considering you're willing to battle them on their terms, not yours. That's generally why leaders would run it by their clan if they are going to challenge some one or not. Like I said, a general guideline of what rules for a war/battle should look like would be good.
Old 11-28-2007, 05:48 AM
Ace123456789 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Ace123456789

Hey Jack, this should help you (and other PE2K Battler of course) decide the rules that should be followed. Don't be offended if I did not include your clan... It's really late so I just got three.

Spartan Battle Rules:
  1. 6 vs. 6
  2. Level 100 Set Match
  3. Singles/Doubles (Mr M will try out doubles)
  4. OHKO/sleep/evasion/species clauses
  5. No Ubers/hacks
  6. LEGENDS ALLOWED!
  7. No Disconnecting
  8. Any Rule Breakers Will be Clubbed to Death

TSA Battle Rules:
  1. Pokemon Level: All Pokemon will be set to Level 100 using the Lv.100 Single option on Wi-Fi.
  2. Species Clause
  3. Sleep Clause
  4. Evasion Clause
  5. D/C Clause
  6. Hax Clause: No hax items, or items that increase luck, may be used. The following are hax items:

BrightPowder
    Focus Band
    King's Rock
    Lax Incense
    Lucky Punch
    Quick Claw
    Razor Claw
    Razor Fang
    Scope Lens
    Stick

Anyone suspected to be using these items will have their team subject to inspection. Obvious violators will be disqualified.
  7. Hacking Clause
  8. One-hit KO Clause
  9. Banned Pokemon: These Pokemon may not be present on anyone's team:

Arceus
    Darkrai
    Deoxys (All Forms)
    Dialga
    Giratina
    Groudon
    Ho-Oh
    Latias
    Latios
    Lugia
    Kyogre
    Manaphy
    Mew
    Mewtwo
    Palkia
    Rayquaza
    Shaymin
    Wobbuffet
    Wynaut

Anyone using any of these Pokemon will be disqualified.
  10. Non-Uber Legendary Pokemon (One Per Team)

SFDC Battle Rules:
  1. Evasion Clause, Species Clause and Sleep Clause will all be in affect
  2. No Hax items
  3. No legends, and/or Ubers

Basically the same. I say make everything standard except the non-uber legend discussion. Leave that for the individual wars. I for one am all for non-uber legends being allowed into standard OU play. Hell, go to Marriland, Smogon, or freaking Serebii and even they're not so scared as to keep these non-uber Pokémon out of the standard OU metagame. Yes, there are a couple BST 600 Pokémon that can be debatable, but in all honesty, they're not nearly strong enough to change game-play in its entirety.
Closed Thread