Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  
 

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Interactive Center » Pokemon Battling Center

Pokemon Battling Center Find an opponent to battle on Pokemon Black/White, Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver, Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum or Pokemon Online. Join a clan or tournament here.


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #31  
Old 11-24-2007, 05:12 AM
Flygon Ruler's Avatar
Flygon Ruler Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,371
Default Re: mmm... feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaDuelist View Post
Then it looks like the majority of us say one clan. Now, I wonder what lil_leprachaun is gonna say about this...

Also SuperT, I know that back in the old days it was fun to have only three clans, but that isn't part of our discussion. I'd recommend you staying on-topic, as I would hate to see you get in trouble because of off-topic discussion.

-ND
personally, this arguement is stupid. Who cares if people are in separate clans. Its really not all that fair to make people act like military men. Let them choose what they want to do. You can ahve your opinion, so listen to it, but that doesn't mean anyone else does. Let them do what they want. Forums are made for fun, not for people to stand inline and listen to bullies (yes, I'm talking to you mods and mini-mods!)
__________________
VPP Stats




FC: 4425-2653-4349

~Current VPP~


Done:1144

  #32  
Old 11-24-2007, 05:18 AM
Shinies's Avatar
Shinies Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: In a Box
Posts: 3,474
Send a message via AIM to Shinies
Default Re: mmm... feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flygon Ruler View Post
personally, this arguement is stupid. Who cares if people are in separate clans. Its really not all that fair to make people act like military men. Let them choose what they want to do. You can ahve your opinion, so listen to it, but that doesn't mean anyone else does. Let them do what they want. Forums are made for fun, not for people to stand inline and listen to bullies (yes, I'm talking to you mods and mini-mods!)
That message coming from a guy in 3-4 clans....

Look, it should be one clan and one clan only because.....

1. When theres a war between clans your in you can pick the clan you like the most and get stuff on your opponents when your in that clan too.

2. It makes clans larger when they don't need to be, leading to more spam.

3.Makes the battling center look very unorganized.
__________________
  #33  
Old 11-24-2007, 05:21 AM
The Jr Trainer's Avatar
The Jr Trainer Offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Posts: 8,426
Send a message via AIM to The Jr Trainer Send a message via MSN to The Jr Trainer Send a message via Yahoo to The Jr Trainer Send a message via Skype™ to The Jr Trainer
Default Re: mmm... feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flygon Ruler View Post
personally, this arguement is stupid. Who cares if people are in separate clans. Its really not all that fair to make people act like military men. Let them choose what they want to do. You can ahve your opinion, so listen to it, but that doesn't mean anyone else does. Let them do what they want. Forums are made for fun, not for people to stand inline and listen to bullies (yes, I'm talking to you mods and mini-mods!)
Well, we only care for the safety of those clans thereselves, we make them act that way so chaos doesn't arrive. If they don't listen to the "bullies" then they'll get "in trouble" (aka, if they don't listen to the mods/rules they'll get warned/infracted/banned). There are rules and they are there for a reason, if there weren't rules it would just be a monstrousity of chaos. So chaos or nice little school lunch lines? xD

See what I'm saying in a very confusing way? xD

~Jr
__________________
  #34  
Old 11-24-2007, 06:02 AM
Jack of Clovers's Avatar
Jack of Clovers Offline
~lil leprechaun~
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: the world of fantasy...
Posts: 10,388
Send a message via ICQ to Jack of Clovers Send a message via AIM to Jack of Clovers Send a message via MSN to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Yahoo to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Skype™ to Jack of Clovers
Default Re: mmm... feedback

I know you guys are upset. Oh, the Battling Center is dying, and it's not something I enjoy doing. But when I look around, the amount of spam and bad posts have been heavily minimized. The hardest part will be to keep it from coming back. Which is where you guys come in. I looked at Fullmetals recently rebuilt clan, and he did a great job responding to posts he didn't like, telling them why, and to not do it again. It really makes the clan look clean and organized.

With all that cut down, it'll be easy to work up activity again. Don't be afraid to post. I let small things slide; it's when it happens too much that I'll step in and do something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaDuelist View Post
Then it looks like the majority of us say one clan. Now, I wonder what lil_leprachaun is gonna say about this...
I pretty much already knew 'one clan' would pass. It has to if I'm going to continue upgrading and organizing. So let's start enforcing this today and let people know they need to pick one clan to stick with. This may create some chaos at first, so everyone try to help others as best you can.

Another questions I have: What's the point of being an Ally with another Clan?

~Jack~
__________________
Thanks PE2K for all the memories.

-| Links |-
  #35  
Old 11-24-2007, 06:04 AM
brettmeeink Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Cali
Posts: 1,091
Send a message via AIM to brettmeeink Send a message via Yahoo to brettmeeink
Default Re: mmm... feedback

There's no point to ally really. I'm glad to see this is going to be enforced though. I think it will lead to more clan competition and an all around better atmosphere. Good job.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by _1337_ View Post
So since you put the fire in the ice, wouldn't that make you the Puddle Clan and not the Icicle Clan? I just need some clarification.
  #36  
Old 11-24-2007, 06:07 AM
The Jr Trainer's Avatar
The Jr Trainer Offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Posts: 8,426
Send a message via AIM to The Jr Trainer Send a message via MSN to The Jr Trainer Send a message via Yahoo to The Jr Trainer Send a message via Skype™ to The Jr Trainer
Default Re: mmm... feedback

Nope, no point, and when they do they usually combind together at one point or another. Making two clans into one. So it really isn't needed.

~Jr
__________________

Last edited by The Jr Trainer; 11-24-2007 at 06:09 AM.
  #37  
Old 11-24-2007, 06:33 AM
Professor Geoffrey's Avatar
Professor Geoffrey Offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: My laboratory.
Posts: 6,512
Send a message via AIM to Professor Geoffrey
Default Re: mmm... feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil_leprachaun33 View Post
Another questions I have: What's the point of being an Ally with another Clan?

~Jack~
I have aboslutely no clue. I'm not an owner of a clan, so I'm not sure. Double wars? XD

.::GD::.
__________________
❒ SINGLE ❒ TAKEN ✔ LAPRAS RIDER
The Professor of Pokémon Elite 2000.
  #38  
Old 11-24-2007, 01:29 PM
Flygon Ruler's Avatar
Flygon Ruler Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,371
Default Re: mmm... feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiniesRule1012 View Post
That message coming from a guy in 3-4 clans....

Look, it should be one clan and one clan only because.....

1. When theres a war between clans your in you can pick the clan you like the most and get stuff on your opponents when your in that clan too.

2. It makes clans larger when they don't need to be, leading to more spam.

3.Makes the battling center look very unorganized.
I'm in one clan you idiot! Don't post facts if you don't know that they're true.


I know there should be rules, but why make them so harsh? I understand that there are certain rules like no spamming, but when you make rules like this one it takes away the fun. If the clans don't want their members being in one clan, then they can run their clan accordingly.

I remember saying somewhere that they wished that there was only the three big clans ans no others. How says that the small clans won't grow big? That's kinda like saying a person is weak as a child and won't grow up to be someone like Gerge Washington.
__________________
VPP Stats




FC: 4425-2653-4349

~Current VPP~


Done:1144

  #39  
Old 11-24-2007, 01:50 PM
SHADOW SWORD Offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: ~ I Am Reborn ~
Posts: 2,205
Send a message via AIM to SHADOW SWORD
Default Re: mmm... feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flygon Ruler View Post
I'm in one clan you idiot! Don't post facts if you don't know that they're true.


I know there should be rules, but why make them so harsh? I understand that there are certain rules like no spamming, but when you make rules like this one it takes away the fun. If the clans don't want their members being in one clan, then they can run their clan accordingly.

I remember saying somewhere that they wished that there was only the three big clans ans no others. How says that the small clans won't grow big? That's kinda like saying a person is weak as a child and won't grow up to be someone like Gerge Washington.
LL has already made his decision, lets stop the arguing and flaming. This thread was created to make the decision on the fact not to argue.
  #40  
Old 11-24-2007, 02:33 PM
NinjaDuelist's Avatar
NinjaDuelist Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: In the ring with hopes and dreams.
Posts: 4,662
Default Re: mmm... feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHADOW SWORD View Post
LL has already made his decision, lets stop the arguing and flaming. This thread was created to make the decision on the fact not to argue.
Agreed.

As for clans being allies, I haven't seen it used effectively in any way except for merging. Now, if clans were to ally up and take down another clan as sort of a handicap 2 on 1, then I could see it being effective. However, its never happened and I doubt it ever will.

My vote is that alliances are not to be allowed.
__________________
* Trophies * I AM TEH EXTREME!! * Meh MySpace *

* Pro Wrestling Fan Club *
  #41  
Old 11-24-2007, 02:36 PM
Ace123456789's Avatar
Ace123456789 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Training.
Posts: 2,241
Send a message via AIM to Ace123456789
Default Re: mmm... feedback

An alliance just acknowledges that members of each clan can post in the other. I really don't understand why we would make that forbidden...
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by pikachu25king View Post
Are you allowed to put naked pictures of pokemon as an avatar?
  #42  
Old 11-24-2007, 02:39 PM
NinjaDuelist's Avatar
NinjaDuelist Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: In the ring with hopes and dreams.
Posts: 4,662
Default Re: mmm... feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace123456789 View Post
An alliance just acknowledges that members of each clan can post in the other. I really don't understand why we would make that forbidden...
Does it serve any other purpose though? Not really. Like mentioned earlier, it would be cool if an alliance meant that they could take on a clan together, but no one has used that yet.
__________________
* Trophies * I AM TEH EXTREME!! * Meh MySpace *

* Pro Wrestling Fan Club *
  #43  
Old 11-24-2007, 02:53 PM
Ace123456789's Avatar
Ace123456789 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Training.
Posts: 2,241
Send a message via AIM to Ace123456789
Default Re: mmm... feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaDuelist View Post
Does it serve any other purpose though? Not really. Like mentioned earlier, it would be cool if an alliance meant that they could take on a clan together, but no one has used that yet.
Things don't have to serve a huge purpose to be allowed. I don't understand why this of all things should be prohibited...
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by pikachu25king View Post
Are you allowed to put naked pictures of pokemon as an avatar?
  #44  
Old 11-24-2007, 02:58 PM
NinjaDuelist's Avatar
NinjaDuelist Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: In the ring with hopes and dreams.
Posts: 4,662
Default Re: mmm... feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace123456789 View Post
Things don't have to serve a huge purpose to be allowed. I don't understand why this of all things should be prohibited...
It does tend to generate spam, especially among the clans with a lot of newer members.
__________________
* Trophies * I AM TEH EXTREME!! * Meh MySpace *

* Pro Wrestling Fan Club *
  #45  
Old 11-24-2007, 03:07 PM
Ace123456789's Avatar
Ace123456789 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Training.
Posts: 2,241
Send a message via AIM to Ace123456789
Default Re: mmm... feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaDuelist View Post
It does tend to generate spam, especially among the clans with a lot of newer members.
If spam becomes a result, then punish the spammers. Don't take away the entire privilege.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by pikachu25king View Post
Are you allowed to put naked pictures of pokemon as an avatar?
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:50 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Style Design: AlienSector.com