Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Interactive Center » Pokemon Battling Center

Pokemon Battling Center Find an opponent to battle on Pokemon Black/White, Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver, Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum or Pokemon Online. Join a clan or tournament here.

Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2008, 03:38 AM
Limitless Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to Limitless Send a message via Yahoo to Limitless Send a message via Skype™ to Limitless
Default Re: Battling Center Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teo View Post
That may be true that NTR will have to make cuts, but people only generally join the biggest and most well off clans while the other ones just slowly die and fade away. :? Wouldn't you want some healthy competition by having more clan's active and have more battles with various clans instead of having to wait WEEKS for a war you started months ago to end? xP
I'd say probably 20 max would be reasonable. 17 maybe also. You don't want the clans to be sooo small.
Smogon tutor.
Winner of the Smogon Battling 101 Tournament.
Winner of an official PokeBeach tournament.
Highest UU ranking on the Smogon Ladder -- 2.
Highest OU ranking on the Smogon Ladder -- 3.
Highest Suspect ranking on the Smogon Ladder -- 1.

Old 08-04-2008, 03:42 AM
Teo Offline

Send a message via AIM to Teo Send a message via MSN to Teo

Well, the limit I've seen on most wars is 7v7 I have yet to actually see a 9v9! So with such large numbers as 20, you're talking about 2/3's of a clan not being able to battle. 17 does sound reasonable size to me. Since only roughly have the members are left out.

About the Time limit on Wars. That would be an excellent idea. I would say the time period of roughly 2 weeks should be more than enough. Given the fact you have 2 weekends to complete it Giving you plenty of time to contact opponents and such.
Old 08-04-2008, 03:48 AM
Bon Jovi Offline
Banned

Quote:
Well, the limit I've seen on most wars is 7v7 I have yet to actually see a 9v9! So with such large numbers as 20, you're talking about 2/3's of a clan not being able to battle. 17 does sound reasonable size to me. Since only roughly have the members are left out.

About the Time limit on Wars. That would be an excellent idea. I would say the time period of roughly 2 weeks should be more than enough. Given the fact you have 2 weekends to complete it Giving you plenty of time to contact opponents and such.
2 weeks was sort of what I was hinting at, since evrything will be over quickly that way.
Old 08-04-2008, 03:53 AM
Limitless Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to Limitless Send a message via Yahoo to Limitless Send a message via Skype™ to Limitless

Quote:

On my clan at PokeBeach with White Legion against the Spartans we did a 9 vs 9. However, 17 sounds reasonable. Also, I love the time limit idea. That way if a clan goes inactive, you still get the win without a draw.

I'm glad your a mod man. You've been at the battling center before, finally a mod that actually battles. I just hope you'll be active here.
Smogon tutor.

Old 08-04-2008, 04:01 AM
Teo Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limitless View Post
On my clan at PokeBeach with White Legion against the Spartans we did a 9 vs 9. However, 17 sounds reasonable. Also, I love the time limit idea. That way if a clan goes inactive, you still get the win without a draw.

I'm glad your a mod man. You've been at the battling center before, finally a mod that actually battles. I just hope you'll be active here.

Exactly! If the clan's limit is at 17 members max you'll have more competitors running around in other clans so we don't have an overly powered clan. I'd just really want things to run more efficiently than they have been. :?

Lol thanks, I'm always active here. xD! I just don't usually post so much.

Any thought's on the idea's I posted for the PE2K Official League?
Old 08-04-2008, 04:10 AM
Limitless Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Quote:
Exactly! If the clan's limit is at 17 members max you'll have more competitors running around in other clans so we don't have an overly powered clan. I'd just really want things to run more efficiently than they have been. :?

Well when the Elite Bandits were still around, we had a very successful League. The thing that in my oppinion really sparked it was the fact that we put the gym leaders record right after their name, put the record of the challengers after their name, descent gym leaders, 6 vs 6, and NO type. The reason why I say no type, would be that it makes the gym leaders easier to run through. If they just had the standard, it would be more difficult.

Obviously the more difficult, the harder to get through. That inturn makes it more active with more attempts.
Smogon tutor.

Old 08-04-2008, 04:16 AM
Teo Offline

You did read my thoughts and idea's for the League? To me it's definitely going to be something different and will definitely be challenging considering you'll have to adjust to each Gym leaders rules and battle style.
Old 08-04-2008, 04:19 AM
Limitless Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Quote:
You did read my thoughts and idea's for the League? To me it's definitely going to be something different and will definitely be challenging considering you'll have to adjust to each Gym leaders rules and battle style.
Yea I did. It would be more difficult to a extent, however I'm not sure if you will get the people to be as active on it. The point is to get the people active. Making someone adjust their team every gym leader would not be as enticing. What do you think?
Smogon tutor.

Old 08-04-2008, 04:30 AM
Teo Offline

Lol, well of course only active people will be picked to be leaders and elite 4 members. Besides, from what I've noticed. A lot of members have access to AR and are able to make Pokemon MUCH more faster than those like myself who do it the old fashion way. =9

So, in some cases it will be more difficult for those with few Pokemon and will just be another challenge for those who have quite the lot of Pokemon.
Old 08-04-2008, 04:33 AM
Limitless Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Quote:
Lol, well of course only active people will be picked to be leaders and elite 4 members. Besides, from what I've noticed. A lot of members have access to AR and are able to make Pokemon MUCH more faster than those like myself who do it the old fashion way. =9

So, in some cases it will be more difficult for those with few Pokemon and will just be another challenge for those who have quite the lot of Pokemon.
For the activeness, I was referring to the challengers. I would hope that the gym leaders aren't inactive. The leagues success derives from the amount of challenges it gets. I liked your ideas, don't get me wrong, but we'll have to see what happens.
Smogon tutor.

Old 08-04-2008, 04:38 AM
Teo Offline

The fact that it is different should get people to challenge it. They'll be able to battle any Gym leader in any order they'd like. I'm also thinking of certain prizes and such to get people to want to join. Of course all gym leaders will have their own small prizes with Gym badges.
Old 08-04-2008, 04:56 AM
Limitless Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Quote:
The fact that it is different should get people to challenge it. They'll be able to battle any Gym leader in any order they'd like. I'm also thinking of certain prizes and such to get people to want to join. Of course all gym leaders will have their own small prizes with Gym badges.
Yea it should work. I love the ideas so far. I think we need to implement the clan size rule as soon as possible. The War duration should also be changed as soon as possible also.
Smogon tutor.

Old 08-04-2008, 05:13 AM
Drift Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Quote:

I agree with the member limit to an extent; however, PE2K is getting new
people everyday, and some of them are people who are new to battling
and want to learn. I always TRY and give those people a chance if they are
willing enough, and I'd hate to turn someone who wanted to learn away due
to a member limit. :\ Unless if it would be possible to seperate them from the
actual member count... But then when they improved and would be promoted,
what would happen...? That's the only thing that's holding me back from 100%
agreeing.

Maybe back. Maybe not.
Old 08-04-2008, 05:15 AM
Teo Offline

Well, we do have Academy's for reasons! =9 Mine is still under a bit of revision! xD! They have no affiliations to clans and will help people get better since they are willing to learn. :3
Old 08-04-2008, 05:17 AM
Drift Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Quote:
Well, we do have Academy's for reasons! =9 Mine is still under a bit of revision! xD! They have no affiliations to clans and will help people get better since they are willing to learn. :3
Yeah, I just don't really get academies. Some people treat them
as jokes, or the teachers are inactive. That's why I have a special
program within my clan where you can be put in a low rank and
be assigned a mentor. :x

Maybe back. Maybe not.
Closed Thread