Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Interactive Center » Pokemon Battling Center

Pokemon Battling Center Find an opponent to battle on Pokemon Black/White, Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver, Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum or Pokemon Online. Join a clan or tournament here.

Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2007, 05:21 AM
Jack of Clovers Offline
~lil leprechaun~

Send a message via ICQ to Jack of Clovers Send a message via AIM to Jack of Clovers Send a message via MSN to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Yahoo to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Skype™ to Jack of Clovers
Smile Battling Center Feedback: Now with new thought! =9

Welcome to the General Battle Board Discussion and Feedback thread. If you have any questions or concerns about anything pertaining to DP battling, don't hesitate to post.

------------

Ok, we've had time to settle in and get used to some of the changes. Now it's your turn. I'd love to hear some feedback. I don't mind healthy debates, but let's not go so far as to start arguments and so on.

My main goal is to turn this board into something managable for both member and Moderator. And the best way to do this is get some more organization going. I'm open to suggestions.

------------

So, my first question/concern: I see people are allowed to join more than one clan, but sometimes this causes confusion. I move that people should only be allowed to join one clan at a time. Yes?

~Jack~

-| Links |-

Last edited by Teo; 08-07-2008 at 02:04 AM.
Old 11-21-2007, 05:30 AM
link_the_hero Offline
Experienced Trainer

Default Re: mmm... feedback

No I think Three should be the limit

-Link-
Old 11-21-2007, 05:32 AM
Ace123456789 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Ace123456789

Although I am against "dual claning", I do not think it should be full out prohibited. Why? It's not like everyone is doing it to simply get their post count up. I don't see why anyone should be forced to have to join only one clan.

On the flip side, I can see your side of the argument, but (no disrespect man) making all these guidelines and overpowering the clan system takes the fun out of it. The rules that you added were necessary, (for the most part; I have a few disagreements) but forcing new rules down people's throats won't help.

Basically, I vote no.
Old 11-21-2007, 06:11 AM
T r I p L e x Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to T r I p L e x Send a message via Skype™ to T r I p L e x

Im with Ace on this one. If people want to join more than one clan then let them go for it. Its then their problem to deal with the time when the two clans they are in go to war to decide which side they are on. Also i have to say that everytime i post in my clans thread i have to make sure that everything i say is OK with the new rules in fear of being warned/ Banned if you know what i mean.

VPP Stats Shade is a god and made my sexy banner.
Old 11-21-2007, 06:32 AM
Gold Groudon Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Gold Groudon Send a message via MSN to Gold Groudon

I was a prime example of a super multi claner. But it wasn't for my post count, I just have a love for the game and a love for the art of battling.

Also, all the rules have killed the Battle Centre in almost complete totality, you know it is bad when some big clans are dying and little ones things are popping up everywhere.

My vote, no. But 3 max is a very good idea from link up there.

Keepin it Simple
Pearl: Ben
FC:4983-2039-2445
(If i cant remember it now, i might as well just throw the game away...)
Old 11-21-2007, 12:09 PM
Xalapeno Offline

Send a message via ICQ to Xalapeno Send a message via AIM to Xalapeno Send a message via Yahoo to Xalapeno

I for one can say this place is better now.

I too am with Ace. Even though I contradict myself in my own thread.
Joining more clans allows you to meet other members and from there make a stronger bond in the community. Sometimes though, it'll lead to flame wars but with you around, I don't worry too much about them.

I wish you were here sooner.
Overall, I think you've done an excellent job Jack.
Keep it up man.

I made Soviet Bidoof, Jokester Jesse made this kick@$$ banner.
Old 11-21-2007, 01:05 PM
NinjaDuelist Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

First off, I want to say that this thread is nice, as we can talk about what can be changed to make the Battling Center a better place.

Second, my opinoin on the whole clan-joining ordeal is that I think everyone should stick to one or two clans only. I have seen multiple people join four or five clans, and it negatively affects the clans during war, as one or two of their members is on both sides.

* Pro Wrestling Fan Club *
Old 11-21-2007, 03:29 PM
Master Aqua Offline

Send a message via AIM to Master Aqua Send a message via MSN to Master Aqua

A max of 2 clans is would be the best idea i mean how can you be loyal to anyone clan if you are in loads. 2 should be the limit.
Old 11-21-2007, 03:33 PM
NinjaDuelist Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

And perhaps that if you're a leader of a clan that you are only allowed to be in that clan. I hate seeing leaders joining other clans, as it seems like they're spying or something...

Old 11-21-2007, 03:36 PM
pokemaster1111 Offline

Send a message via AIM to pokemaster1111

Yeah, I'd have to agree with ND on this one. (I don't want to say his name) is a perfect example. It can become quite aggrevating seeing people in multiple clans. Well as T.O said about meeting new people when you join multiple clans, they should leave their current clan and then join the other one. Because when it comes to war time, things can get ugly. I think there should be a limit to people in clans. We should only like have people in one, or possibly even two clans at most. I've seen someone who was in 6 different clans. So there should be a limit on how many clans you can be in at a time and there should also be a limit on all the new clans that pop out of no where..
Old 11-21-2007, 03:46 PM
NinjaDuelist Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokemaster1111 View Post
Yeah, I'd have to agree with ND on this one. (I don't want to say his name) is a perfect example. It can become quite aggrevating seeing people in multiple clans. Well as T.O said about meeting new people when you join multiple clans, they should leave their current clan and then join the other one. Because when it comes to war time, things can get ugly. I think there should be a limit to people in clans. We should only like have people in one, or possibly even two clans at most. I've seen someone who was in 6 different clans. So there should be a limit on how many clans you can be in at a time and there should also be a limit on all the new clans that pop out of no where..
I did some research about a month ago, and I believe that there were three or four leaders that were members of other clans at the time. How sad. Now, I don't think there are as many, but there are still members that are in tons of clans. That also has been declining, but still a problem.

I believe that the successful leaders in the Battling Center are the ones who don't allow members into their clan that are in multiple clans. I mean, the Banished Warriors and the Elite Bandits are doing a good job, as all (I believe) of their members are loyal to one clan only.

Old 11-21-2007, 03:51 PM
pokemaster1111 Offline

Send a message via AIM to pokemaster1111

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaDuelist View Post
I did some research about a month ago, and I believe that there were three or four leaders that were members of other clans at the time. How sad. Now, I don't think there are as many, but there are still members that are in tons of clans. That also has been declining, but still a problem.

I believe that the successful leaders in the Battling Center are the ones who don't allow members into their clan that are in multiple clans. I mean, the Banished Warriors and the Elite Bandits are doing a good job, as all (I believe) of their members are loyal to one clan only.
Yes, I believe you're right. A successful clan is one that has members that are only loyal to that clan, and that clan only. Now I have to go see if any of my members are in any other clan. If they are, I will give them one chance to leave that clan..I also have to update the first post of my clan now.
Old 11-21-2007, 04:04 PM
Linoone Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Send a message via AIM to Linoone Send a message via Yahoo to Linoone

People should be only allowed to join one clan. If they don't and those 2 clans get in WAR, they will be confused.

aim: Linoone1337
Old 11-21-2007, 04:10 PM
Master Aqua Offline

Send a message via AIM to Master Aqua Send a message via MSN to Master Aqua

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaDuelist View Post
And perhaps that if you're a leader of a clan that you are only allowed to be in that clan. I hate seeing leaders joining other clans, as it seems like they're spying or something...
yeh thats a good idea leader should not be allowed to be in any other clan but what if people just quit there clans to be leaders if that were a rule thats my only problem with that idea

i think to be fair people should be in 2 clans at most cause it means he it will keep clan loyaltys and leaders should be only in one clan to be fair to their clan.
Old 11-21-2007, 04:11 PM
zukirin Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linoone View Post
People should be only allowed to join one clan. If they don't and those 2 clans get in WAR, they will be confused.
I agree with Linoone, a person should only be in one clan. UNLESS they are allies. If two or more clans are allies I tihnk they should be allowed to join the other clan. But then that would be redundant and it would be the same as having only one clan.....

Bah, I think a person should only be in one clan PERIOD.

Refresh the page to see this sig change
Closed Thread