Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Intro Boards » PE2K Front Desk

PE2K Front Desk Forum announcements will be posted here. Any questions, suggestions or ideas concerning the forum or the website should also be posted in here. If you need help on your avatar or signature, or help on using the forum, this is the place to go.

Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2007, 10:07 PM
Professor Geoffrey Offline

Send a message via AIM to Professor Geoffrey
Default Re: Pairs?

To stay on the safe side, I will not argue with you. I heard someone got banned a long time ago for arguing with a mod, and I'm not going to risk my membership, and my long, hard work of over 2,300 posts here just because I like the idea of pairing threads. *hypervenalates*

I wish pairing threads were somehow possible to make without having all the spamming and flamming... But it could be almost nearly impossible. At first, I wanted to make one myself. But, I'm too busy at the moment to make one, and I don't want to make a thread that I know will be instantly deleted. Then, it'll be anywhere from two to five minutes of typing for nothing, and you build up a bad reputation, and... ugh... I don't like talking about it.

Well, I hope we can find a way around all the spamming and flamming... Maybe if it was a stickyed thread, maybe there would be more respect for it. But not much, and I'm not sure if all the mods here would really agree to this. Yes, I have mind-reading abilities. *sarcastic* No, it's actually just obvious, no offense to all mods out there.
Old 11-10-2007, 01:20 AM
Dr Scott Offline
Vanilla Bear

Send a message via AIM to Dr Scott Send a message via MSN to Dr Scott Send a message via Yahoo to Dr Scott Send a message via Skype™ to Dr Scott

XD Feel free to debate it, there's a difference. If you argue with a mod it usually means anger, harsh words, etc. But debate is fine, it's just a discussion of your ideas to try to explain your view. We're not going to ban you just because you don't agree with us . . .

It's Ryan you don't argue with.

A sticky wouldn't change anything about it, and I don't think it deserves a sticky. In my defense I've let several different people make the thread, and it always ends up spam and it always ends up that the creator doesn't want to edit it and you have people whining about it. Mods are just too busy to keep up. I don't delete it because I'm mean or anything, I have a good reason.

And that is why many of you might argue with my view; you don't have to deal with it like I do xP.

So yes, if I see one it's gone. For the love of the forum and my sanity.

And honestly, it pushes the fact that people have to have a pair or they're not cool or something ... and that's just goofy XD.

"God, my brilliance is now somewhat of a burden. Get back to me."
Old 11-10-2007, 01:32 AM
Charbok Offline

Send a message via AIM to Charbok Send a message via MSN to Charbok Send a message via Skype™ to Charbok

We could make a "The Bachelor Pe2k" thread.
Old 11-10-2007, 09:07 PM
Professor Geoffrey Offline

Send a message via AIM to Professor Geoffrey

Charbok, then it would be a game, and... it's ingenius, actually. It would bring a whole new meaning to pairing... But it would be difficult.

Scott, I was just staying on the safe side, but thanks for clearing that up for me! And I knew from the start Ryan was not the person to argue with. And would Charbok's idea be OK? It's not a pairing thread, and yet... it really sounds neat... Heck, I'd be willing to do host or participate in it.

And about the sticky, I thought so.

No, it doesn't push the fact that you're cool. Have you ever done it? I may have never done it, but I know for a fact that it doesn't make you cooler by having a pair. It brings two people together, to know each other better. Sure, you could talk to pairs, and they may not have the same answer as me. But anyway, I respect your opinion, and what the moderators say goes. I'd just like you to see it from my view, and probably many other people's view. Think about more people than just number one.

Last edited by Professor Geoffrey; 11-10-2007 at 11:08 PM.
Old 11-11-2007, 07:39 PM
Dr Scott Offline
Vanilla Bear

Send a message via AIM to Dr Scott Send a message via MSN to Dr Scott Send a message via Yahoo to Dr Scott Send a message via Skype™ to Dr Scott

Pfft, I've been lenient before and let other people start one and I got burned again and again. I've already looked at it from your view, heck I've had your view, but now try to picture mine and how much of a chore it is for me.

Besides, you don't need to be a pair to get to know someone better. Talk to them ... I'm friends with plenty of the opposite sex without feeling the need to pair with them: Doro, Trudy, etc. etc. And I honestly think that not being a pair makes it more real and serious of a friendship, otherwise it just feels goofy.

Charbok, is your avvy Vic Romano? Kinda looks like him, and I'm just not sure XD.

"God, my brilliance is now somewhat of a burden. Get back to me."
Old 11-11-2007, 07:41 PM
Synester Offline

Send a message via AIM to Synester

Being new, I have no idea what a pair is. Could anyone tell me?

|SZ|
Old 11-12-2007, 10:05 PM
T3h-Chiisai Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via AIM to T3h-Chiisai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skullz View Post
Being new, I have no idea what a pair is. Could anyone tell me?

|SZ|
Oi, check the entire first page, it pretty much explains the whole ordeal.
Old 11-17-2007, 03:36 AM
Operative Offline

Send a message via MSN to Operative Send a message via Skype™ to Operative

Wow Scott,now that I look at in your view it does really have heavy boxes over your shoulders.I knew being a mod/g-mod is hard and all but now that i focus on it I really see that you guys have a lot of work to do.When I become a Mod(which I'm sure will never happen)so If I become a mod i will totally use something like you said when someone complains about something so pointless.

|thedynamicduo|
Old 11-17-2007, 06:58 PM
The_Seventieth_Evil Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDesires-Lovex View Post
I think thats really gunna scare somepeople, you're actully suggesting that there's peadophiles on pe2k, And I'd just like to say, The only person that COULD be a peado is Neo, he's the only one old enough :P

Sure some adults of that nature may monitor the forums, I'm sure A) they wouldn't dare. B) No one on this forum would fall for it.
I don't know how old Neo is but I am 23. Here mostly because Yahoo! Groups Pokemon is weak. And the games are "E" after all.
Old 11-17-2007, 10:08 PM
Blu Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via MSN to Blu

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheScottMan View Post
XD Feel free to debate it, there's a difference. If you argue with a mod it usually means anger, harsh words, etc. But debate is fine, it's just a discussion of your ideas to try to explain your view. We're not going to ban you just because you don't agree with us . . .

It's Ryan you don't argue with.

A sticky wouldn't change anything about it, and I don't think it deserves a sticky. In my defense I've let several different people make the thread, and it always ends up spam and it always ends up that the creator doesn't want to edit it and you have people whining about it. Mods are just too busy to keep up. I don't delete it because I'm mean or anything, I have a good reason.

And that is why many of you might argue with my view; you don't have to deal with it like I do xP.

So yes, if I see one it's gone. For the love of the forum and my sanity.

And honestly, it pushes the fact that people have to have a pair or they're not cool or something ... and that's just goofy XD.
Yeah, I've seen you in that last Pair-Up Thread....
That one was crazy.... XD
I actually like the idea of a Pair-Up thread, but without the spam/flaming....

~EP

^Made By Me :] ^
PM If You Want One.
Old 11-17-2007, 10:24 PM
Tamer Marco Offline
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Tamer Marco Send a message via AIM to Tamer Marco Send a message via MSN to Tamer Marco Send a message via Yahoo to Tamer Marco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charbok View Post
We could make a "The Bachelor Pe2k" thread.
I actually agree with this 100%. :O
Old 11-18-2007, 12:40 AM
Charbok Offline

Send a message via AIM to Charbok Send a message via MSN to Charbok Send a message via Skype™ to Charbok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamer Marco View Post
I actually agree with this 100%. :O
Cool.
I'll get it ready as soon as BR is done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheScottMan View Post
Charbok, is your avvy Vic Romano? Kinda looks like him, and I'm just not sure XD.
Actually, it's Takeshi Kitano.

Upon doing a bit of research, I've found out that he is "Vic Romano", but he is only known by that in the American version of Takeshi's Castle, "MXC".

Last edited by Charbok; 11-18-2007 at 12:46 AM.
Old 11-18-2007, 05:15 AM
Dark Salamence Offline

Send a message via AIM to Dark Salamence Send a message via MSN to Dark Salamence

This is all ver confusing. Anyway, could anyone please give me a link to the pair thread. I really want one.

TwitterTumblrDeviantart
Old 11-18-2007, 05:25 AM
General Dunsparce Offline

Send a message via AIM to General Dunsparce Send a message via MSN to General Dunsparce Send a message via Skype™ to General Dunsparce

is it open again?! I thought that it closed.....yeah I wish I had a pair. =p

[~Paired with No One ;;~]
Old 11-18-2007, 06:58 AM
Shen Offline
Paladin of Dragons

Send a message via AIM to Shen Send a message via MSN to Shen Send a message via Yahoo to Shen Send a message via Skype™ to Shen

Read the whole thread. The pairs threads were closed, and if Scott has anything to say about it, permanently. Therefore, to get a pair informally, as stated before, you can ask someone of the opposite gender on the site to pair with you, though I recommend it'd be someone who really likes you, and who you also really like back.

Of course, you would have known all this had you read the first page or so of the thread .
Closed Thread