Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  
 

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: General Board

Pokemon: General Board General discussion about Pokemon in general. If the topic of your thread does not fall into the subjects in the other boards, post it there. In other words, everything else belongs here if it doesn't have a board of its own.


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 11-08-2007, 06:24 PM
shiny hunter's Avatar
shiny hunter Offline
Elite Trainer
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ohio
Posts: 671
Default Cool idea i think should be in future pokemon games.

I don't know how i thought of this. I will try to explain the idea the best i can.


Well pokemon level up learn moves and evolve. My idea is what if moves could do a type of evolve change. Example say we have a raichu that knows thunderbolt. Lets say that now thunderbolt could become a new move if used in special ways. Such as using only that move. Then once used enough times a message comes up like that of an evolution message but it says something like. The pokemon feels it has become well to this move and thinks it can use it skills to better the move. Then a question appears allow raichu to better the move. When players select yes they get a new message. The pokemon used the skills it had from using the move so much the move thunderbolt has become thunder rage. Thats just an example name. Now players can go check and read what there new move upgrade does. If i was to be the one to put in my move i would make thunder rage have these effects. Thunder rage hits foe 2-3 times with rising power on each hit with a high chance a paralizing the foe.

I posted this to see if people think this is a good idea. If everyone thinks so i might write to gamefreak and see if this idea can become possible in future pokemon games.
__________________
My friend code is 0001 0636 7834

And the rain will kill us all
We throw ourselves against the wall
But no one else can see
The preservation of the martyr in me

My myspace www.myspace.com/ilovemybabygrl2006
I hate my URL to myspace
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-08-2007, 06:45 PM
Shiny Zangoose's Avatar
Shiny Zangoose Offline
Master Trainer
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Among the Duskulls.
Posts: 297
Default Re: Cool idea i think should be in future pokemon games.

I for one, don't think this is a good idea. In the beginning of the game, say you used your Chimchar's Ember so much it becomes equavilent to the power of flamethrower - before the second gym.
__________________
Lv. 100 @ 332 <---Click to feed!
Banner and Avatar by Fire Pkmn Master
Mah Fanfic.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-08-2007, 06:50 PM
shiny hunter's Avatar
shiny hunter Offline
Elite Trainer
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ohio
Posts: 671
Default Re: Cool idea i think should be in future pokemon games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiny Zangoose View Post
I for one, don't think this is a good idea. In the beginning of the game, say you used your Chimchar's Ember so much it becomes equavilent to the power of flamethrower - before the second gym.

Thanks had not thought of that ok then i got a new idea thanks to you. Players must have the 8 gym badges before this new method works.
__________________
My friend code is 0001 0636 7834

And the rain will kill us all
We throw ourselves against the wall
But no one else can see
The preservation of the martyr in me

My myspace www.myspace.com/ilovemybabygrl2006
I hate my URL to myspace
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-08-2007, 09:41 PM
Dragon_Master's Avatar
Dragon_Master Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Crushing the Rebelion!! Mwhahaha!
Posts: 1,748
Default Re: Cool idea i think should be in future pokemon games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiny hunter View Post
Thanks had not thought of that ok then i got a new idea thanks to you. Players must have the 8 gym badges before this new method works.
Even then, say you use magikarp against magikarp so many time using splash, it'll become so strong, it'll be like a UBER against the elite 4.
That'd be too easy for GameFreak to do that.
__________________

\-†††-/It is better to keep one's mouth shut and be thought a fool,
then to open it, and remove all doubt.\-†††-/

Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-08-2007, 09:52 PM
Shiny Zangoose's Avatar
Shiny Zangoose Offline
Master Trainer
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Among the Duskulls.
Posts: 297
Default Re: Cool idea i think should be in future pokemon games.

"Lovely tea? Or DEADLY POIIIIIIIISONNNNN???"

Anyway, Dragon is right. But maybe Splash doesn't apply to this rule? It doesn't do anything. And you have to become Champion first.
__________________
Lv. 100 @ 332 <---Click to feed!
Banner and Avatar by Fire Pkmn Master
Mah Fanfic.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-08-2007, 10:33 PM
Dragon_Master's Avatar
Dragon_Master Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Crushing the Rebelion!! Mwhahaha!
Posts: 1,748
Default Re: Cool idea i think should be in future pokemon games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiny Zangoose View Post
"Lovely tea? Or DEADLY POIIIIIIIISONNNNN???"

Anyway, Dragon is right. But maybe Splash doesn't apply to this rule? It doesn't do anything. And you have to become Champion first.
It was a poison. -_-

Yes, until you beat the champion works.
__________________

\-†††-/It is better to keep one's mouth shut and be thought a fool,
then to open it, and remove all doubt.\-†††-/

Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-08-2007, 11:01 PM
TayyabX Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,951
Default Re: Cool idea i think should be in future pokemon games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon_Master View Post
It was a poison. -_-

Yes, until you beat the champion works.
(Actually it was Delectable Posion Ivy... Delectable.. xD)

Actually I agree with Zangoose, it doesn't do anything, unless it was changed so it did 1 HP damage... OMGFTW! =P

If it was after the champion, it'll still make it too easy to beat the game... expecially like the battle tower... =P
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-09-2007, 12:31 PM
shiny hunter's Avatar
shiny hunter Offline
Elite Trainer
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ohio
Posts: 671
Default Re: Cool idea i think should be in future pokemon games.

The chances of my idea ruining the game are not possible gamefreak would decide how powerful the moves can become. Therefore its a good idea your all just rushing this idea with bad thoughts.
__________________
My friend code is 0001 0636 7834

And the rain will kill us all
We throw ourselves against the wall
But no one else can see
The preservation of the martyr in me

My myspace www.myspace.com/ilovemybabygrl2006
I hate my URL to myspace
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-09-2007, 12:46 PM
DragoniteMistress's Avatar
DragoniteMistress Offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Michigan
Posts: 2,086
Send a message via AIM to DragoniteMistress Send a message via Yahoo to DragoniteMistress
Default Re: Cool idea i think should be in future pokemon games.

No, it was a rather bad unorganized idea, to be frank with you.
The only reason that bad 'thoughts' are being thrown in is because of all of the flaws in the system of how this works. If anything, there's a slim chance it could get by if:

1. The move did not change itself, but you had an option of increasing either PP, Accuracy, or Power after x times of use.
2. You must have say, a 100-win streak in Battle Tower and the region's Champion.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 11-09-2007, 01:04 PM
Shiny Zangoose's Avatar
Shiny Zangoose Offline
Master Trainer
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Among the Duskulls.
Posts: 297
Default Re: Cool idea i think should be in future pokemon games.

I saw that episode. 8D

Tayyab is right...But what if you can only do this once you become Champion and only works for a Migrated pokemon?
__________________
Lv. 100 @ 332 <---Click to feed!
Banner and Avatar by Fire Pkmn Master
Mah Fanfic.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 11-09-2007, 01:18 PM
shiny hunter's Avatar
shiny hunter Offline
Elite Trainer
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ohio
Posts: 671
Default Re: Cool idea i think should be in future pokemon games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoniteMistress View Post
No, it was a rather bad unorganized idea, to be frank with you.
The only reason that bad 'thoughts' are being thrown in is because of all of the flaws in the system of how this works. If anything, there's a slim chance it could get by if:

1. The move did not change itself, but you had an option of increasing either PP, Accuracy, or Power after x times of use.
2. You must have say, a 100-win streak in Battle Tower and the region's Champion.

BS!!!!!! Im just trying to spark an idea. Gamefreak can decide problems with my idea if i submit it to them. I cant believe everyones being so overated about this.

Effing christ yeah it is a good idea.
__________________
My friend code is 0001 0636 7834

And the rain will kill us all
We throw ourselves against the wall
But no one else can see
The preservation of the martyr in me

My myspace www.myspace.com/ilovemybabygrl2006
I hate my URL to myspace
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 11-09-2007, 01:21 PM
DragoniteMistress's Avatar
DragoniteMistress Offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Michigan
Posts: 2,086
Send a message via AIM to DragoniteMistress Send a message via Yahoo to DragoniteMistress
Default Re: Cool idea i think should be in future pokemon games.

They don't have the time to clean up after your messes, and they won't give it a second thought if it's poorly organized and has no way of working whatsoever. They don't want to work out ideas' kinks to make it work for them, it has to be acceptable by the time they read/hear about the idea.

I'm only giving you a few pointers on how it should work, you don't have to get so worked up about this, calm down before you repost, if a mod doesn't lock this first.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 11-09-2007, 01:26 PM
Exon Auxus's Avatar
Exon Auxus Offline
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: No.
Posts: 6,079
Send a message via AIM to Exon Auxus
Default Re: Cool idea i think should be in future pokemon games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiny hunter View Post
BS!!!!!! Im just trying to spark an idea. Gamefreak can decide problems with my idea if i submit it to them. I cant believe everyones being so overated about this.

Effing christ yeah it is a good idea.
But what you don't realize is that you posted it on a public forum. People are bound to reply, and they'll slap some opinions at you. Heck, they won't all be nice either. You might also want to try calming down. If you didn't want opinion you wouldn't have posted it. Everyone doesn't have to agree.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 11-09-2007, 01:31 PM
shiny hunter's Avatar
shiny hunter Offline
Elite Trainer
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ohio
Posts: 671
Default Re: Cool idea i think should be in future pokemon games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoniteMistress View Post
They don't have the time to clean up after your messes, and they won't give it a second thought if it's poorly organized and has no way of working whatsoever. They don't want to work out ideas' kinks to make it work for them, it has to be acceptable by the time they read/hear about the idea.

I'm only giving you a few pointers on how it should work, you don't have to get so worked up about this, calm down before you repost, if a mod doesn't lock this first.

I think if they read my idea it would spark some interest. Hey this guys idea is not bad but if we do this or this i think the fans will enjoy. Sorry i flipped a lil its just nobody thinks its a good idea. Its like good idea side 0 bad idea side alot like 4-5. I at least hoped to see at least one good post about it.
__________________
My friend code is 0001 0636 7834

And the rain will kill us all
We throw ourselves against the wall
But no one else can see
The preservation of the martyr in me

My myspace www.myspace.com/ilovemybabygrl2006
I hate my URL to myspace
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 11-09-2007, 01:33 PM
DragoniteMistress's Avatar
DragoniteMistress Offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Michigan
Posts: 2,086
Send a message via AIM to DragoniteMistress Send a message via Yahoo to DragoniteMistress
Default Re: Cool idea i think should be in future pokemon games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiny hunter View Post
I think if they read my idea it would spark some interest. Hey this guys idea is not bad but if we do this or this i think the fans will enjoy. Sorry i flipped a lil its just nobody thinks its a good idea. Its like good idea side 0 bad idea side alot like 4-5. I at least hoped to see at least one good post about it.
You shouldn't have been spastic, every idea has a flaw and someone is going to point that out sooner or later, it's just a matter of how many flaws are noticeable, and people are going to pay attention to the flaws until they're worked out, and it seems "perfect". I swear it's some sort of crazed human instinct to nit-pick at the bad things in something.

It has potential to an extent. I can imagine it on Mystery Dungeon, but not in-game or on a competitive field.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:50 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Style Design: AlienSector.com