Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Role Play

Role Play Make Role Plays or join them. It's your world. Everybody else just lives in it.

Old 11-03-2007, 12:55 AM
Exophi Offline

Send a message via MSN to Exophi
Default Operation: Anti-Trainer (Johto)

Zangoose image from Suta-Ratio, with credit to our fantastic Judith for editting.

Our discussion is here! Post anything regarding the RP here.

For reference, sign-ups are here. I am not accepting any more sign-ups at this time.

Operation Anti-Trainer

Wild or tamed, make your choice!

Trainers have been trying to capture the true rulers of this land since they first arrived, centuries ago. The humans use these being for a variety of things, from battles and collecting to self-gain and the humiliating contests. They treat them as though they were animals. We realize that not all people behave this way, but enough of them do so that the creatures need to take a stand. A radical leader of the yet-to-be-pocketed monsters going by the title Commander Goldenclaw has tried gathering supporters for his anti-trainer campaign. As luck would have it, his ideals caught on quickly, it appeared that the resistance would soon move forward to overcome their oppressors. Humans also have their supporters, many pokémon consider their captors as friends now. The Operation Anti-Trainer Team (OAT) has a simple reason for this; the device used to capture its victims uses a subtle form of mind control, bending the will of a pokémon to the trainer who captured it. Some even consider the balls to wipe out natural instincts and memory of un-captured life.

The OAT goal is simple: freedom. They have plans for each region, and in each one there is a force ready to oppose the evil that is man.

MEMBER LIST : NO VACANCY
1. Judith as Nyssa the Wigglytuff (Pro-Trainer)
2. Judith as Lacombe the Serviper (Anti-Trainer)
3. Exophi as Didacus/Diego Goldenclaw the Zangoose (Anti-Trainer)
4. DreamWalker as Dorian the Dragonite (Nuetral-Trainer)
5. someonerandom as Luke Walker the Human (Pro-Trainer)
6. someonerandom as Aqua Walker the Human (Pro-Trainer)
7. Darkness Arising as Phleto the Ambipon (Anti-Trainer)
8. ryoshin as Dante the Gallade (Anti-Trainer)
9. ChronoPika as Howler the Gabite (Anti-Trainer)
10. lonewolf as Zephyr the Ralts (Pro-Trainer)

RULES
1. Only sign-up if you plan to stick with the RP.
2. If you must leave, at least do other RPers the decency of giving a final post.
3. Don't ever control another player's character without consent.
4. Be literate. Non-distracting errors may be acceptable.
5. Avoid godmodding. No one is undefeatable.
6. No drugs or sexual themes. It would be nice if everyone avoided foul language too.
7. Make decent length posts.
8. Enjoy your time here. This makes out of RP bullying a no-no.
9. If you feel I'm asking too much, don't sign up for it!
10. Make some kind of statement to recognize that you’ve read the rules.

Let the race for first post begin!

Last edited by Exophi; 11-28-2007 at 03:27 AM.
Old 11-03-2007, 02:48 AM
DreamWalker Offline
Amateur Trainer

Default Re: Operation: Anti-Trainer (Johto)

OOC: I win! XD

IC: The crowd roared with excitement, charging the energy in my wings as I blasted through the air towards the opposing Houndoom. The life of the battle filled me with adrenaline as Jordan roared loudly behind me, throwing orders in my direction. I took them plainly and followed them directly and quickly - sliding expertly through the air in well practiced motions that I had been trained to do with my trainer since our beginning oh so long ago.

Houndoom blasted a strong wave of darkness at me, but I slid through the air around the attack and slashed hard at the opposing pokemon's side.

"Wing Attack!" Jordan cried to me.

I hit again at the Houndoom, this time with my wings, and the pokemon took the attack full on, fainting moments afterwards.

"The pokemon is unable to fight!" the announcer roared. "Jordan is the winner!"

The crowd exploded with applause and cheering.

It was with great apprehension that I returned to my trainer, greatly accpting his word of felicitations and remaining outside of the pokeball while another human ran up to him with the trophy held high in his hands.

"Your Dragonite was amazing!" the man cried. "He certainly did a lot of great work out there today, didn't he?"

Jordan nodded, patting my side as he did so. "Yep, we really do work hard for the win every time, don't we, Dorian?"

I nodded deeply, responding with a resounding bleat of joy.

"Well, you know what they say," the other human said. "A trainer is only as good as his pokemon!"

He went away, and after only a few moments, I was returned into the confines of the small green and white ball that he had caught me in oh so long ago.

Even within my confines, though, I couldn't relieve my thoughts of what the human had said.

A pokemon is only as good as his trainer... does that mean that the two of us are equals? And if so, why on earth am I still in this pokeball and not outside of it at all times? He doesn't have to return to me after a batlle...

This would take some serious consideration for a while...

Credit to Exophi for making such a splendid banner!

Oboedio Voculas
-DreamWalker

Last edited by DreamWalker; 11-03-2007 at 05:18 AM.
Old 11-03-2007, 05:22 AM
Judith Offline
Amateur Trainer

OOC~// Oh, dang, I lost. XP Sorry about the length, too.

There’s something gorgeous about mountain air. Something fresh, clean… washing away your problems with every breath. Every day was another new adventure, forget yesterday because with a new dawn comes a new life for you.

The Wigglytuff sat on the Pokemon Center’s doorstep, underneath the sign that read ‘Pokemon Hospital’, slowly eating her breakfast. Wholegrain rye was never very appetizing without jam, but she’d make do with it. Much of the hospital’s staff was still in Kanto, getting packed, and so were the supplies. In fact, the only reason they were still up and running was for that one Co-Ordinator who had asked for lodging to stay for the ‘Silver Cup’.

Nyssa stared out, beyond the fog the morning chill had brought. An orange streak was slowly making its way up into the sky. The Wigglytuff sighed dreamily. She loved the sunrise.

His trainer sat on her inn bed, hair hanging over the edge of the bed and her feet of the headboard. She wasn’t asleep, but she was reading, her head propped up to see the book.

“And I was woken by the strangest little figure ever. A small boy, with hair as golden as the sun, sat by me. He wore robes of royalty, and stars danced on his cloak.” She read aloud, to a Dragonair, barely awake, curled into a neat coil on her belly. “He gave me a paper, a pen, and a request: ‘Sir, draw me a sheep.’”

The Seviper lay on the shag carpet, listening earnestly, almost dreamily. He’d heard the story a dozen times, but it never failed to charm him. He was out of his Pokeball, but he didn’t feel the need to leave the bedside. His trainer continued in her magic voice, the one she used to read stories, the voice that really let the story play in his mind. He wasn’t on Mount Silver anymore, he was in the Sahara desert, with a small boy from the stars and a crashed pilot as the man tried to draw sheep for the child.

“No, no!” The blonde little boy would cry petulantly, “Surely you can tell that is a ram. I asked for a sheep.”

Finally, after what seemed like a dozen tries, the man would give up, drawing instead a box with little holes. “There.” He’d say tiredly, “Your sheep’s in here.”

And the boy, filled with wonderment, happily cheered. “Oh, he’s perfect!”

He snapped out from his fantasy. There was a friend he needed to find, too, but he had to look into more than a box with holes. There was all of Mount Silver to comb, and he needed to find him before his trainer noticed he was gone.

Slowly, Lacombe slid through the gap in the open room door, making as little noise as he could. She was still reading, her eyes fixated on only on her story. The Seviper made his way through the labyrinth hallways, into the lobby, past the fat Wigglytuff’s desk, past the fat Wigglytuff in the doorway…

Wait.

He stared at the massive figure blocking the front door. He wouldn’t be able to squeeze past her. The only way out was to ask her to move.

“Going somewhere, Kiddo?” She turned around to look at him before he even made up his mind. “Does your trainer know that you’re going out?”

“Don’t call me Kiddo! I’m just… going… for a walk!” He retorted indecisively.

She stood up. “Well, then, you best be headed out to find your Diego buddy.” Lacombe was flabbergasted.

“How did you know?”

“You talk about him in your sleep. He’s a Zangoose, right?”

Lacombe could only nod.

“Purple spots? Yellow claws?”

Nod. Nod.

“I’ve seen the fella. If he hasn’t moved, he’s not far from here.” She directed him to a towering mass of trees in the distance. “He used to work in that forest. It’s a huge place – more like a jungle – but don’t give up looking. Good luck, kid.”

The Seviper slowly slithered out the door, thanking her dumbly. But one doubt still hung in his mind. “Nyssa?” he began.

“What?”

“You do know that my… friend… doesn’t like Pokemon that belong to trainers?”

“You’re wondering why I’m helping someone who couldn’t give a Rattata’s butt about humans when I like them so much?” Nod. “I don’t care much for him, either.”

“So… why are you helping me?”

“Because,” She sighed, “I care about friendship.”

"To talk of many things:
Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—
Of cabbages—and kings—
And why the sea is boiling hot—
And whether pigs have wings."

Last edited by Judith; 11-03-2007 at 05:24 AM.
Old 11-04-2007, 12:38 AM
ryoshin Offline
Experienced Trainer

Send a message via AIM to ryoshin

As I walked through the forest, I tried to conceal myself as much as possible to not and try to be noticed by any trainer that came past. It was a hard journey trying to get to Mt. Silver. It was already getting dark, and I still had a two days trip reaching Mt. Silver because I had to walk around cities and towns on the way. It is even tougher when I a trainer spotted me and wanted to capture me. I had barely escaped them, but I promised that I'd rather die than be captured and confined into those wretched ball they call "pokeball". I was determined to get to Mt. Silver and help out with the operation, and no trainer is going to stop me.
Old 11-04-2007, 12:59 AM
Exophi Offline

OOC: I could have won... if I really wanted to. ^^;

IC: It was early in the morning, but Diego knew that a new day had begun. All last night he had found himself unable to sleep because of the excitement that would start the following day. Today was that following day the zangoose had been waiting for. Hiss body was itching with anticipation. Soon the supporters of Operation: Anti-Trainer would be on their way to Mt. Silver.

He was already at the mountain, of course, but it would take a while for him to climb down to the designated meeting place.

Diego was at his lake. This was the lake where he had trained every morning with a swim. This was the lake where he spent every afternoon finding afternoon finding powerful water-types to brawl with. This lake was the place where he had slept for the past year. No one was going to stop him; this crusade for freedom would be a great achievement for all pokémon. When it was all over, this lake could be remembered as the reclusive training location of OAT’s commander.

Diego hoped that he would meet everyone’s expectations as a commander, but if a more capable pokémon were to come along Diego would have no problem turning over leadership to him or her. If all the other supporters were weak the fight for their rights would be difficult, so the zangoose hoped that talented fighters would be joining his side.

The other side would surely possess force. Diego had heard stories from some of the sneasles on the mountain that trainer pokémon were often bred and raised for fighting alone. They would be the hardest to fight off. He knew that he had grown stronger since his first encounter with a domesticated machoke, but would it be enough?

Nonetheless, with the mass amounts of wild pokémon he expected to come to the aid of OAT, they should have no troubles fighting off single powerful pocket monsters. There was no time for doubts in the power that would answer his call. If they failed, the suppressive reign of humans could last forever. He, Diego, couldn’t let this happen. It was imperative that they win. No pokémon could enjoy being collected by a trainer, could they?

It was time to head down the rugged mountainside though. The trip up had been harsh last year, and Diego wasn’t entirely confident that he could go back the way he came. The Zangoose had to try, being late for a major meeting that he had organized would be viewed as very poor leadership by the others. Maybe once this potential war was over he could return here.

Lacombe would have liked it up at the lakeside, Diego thought cheerfully. Once I rescue him, we'll come back here. And even if I can't save them all, this place can become a sanctuary for those who want to be free. With that final idea in mind he began to head towards a steep cliff. If he took this path down, it would lead him right to a cave entrance. Falling would be deadly, but he wouldn't fall. As long as Diego took his time getting down, the two hundred meter (650 feet) drop wouldn't even concern him.

A piece of stone about the size of Diego's front paw fell from the rock face. He watched as the block of earth shrunk as it fell away, until it was no bigger than a grain of sand. Six seconds after coming away from the rest of the cliff it hit the ground, with a light thud that Diego could barely hear. Maybe he should be more worried about the descent than he originally thought.
Old 11-04-2007, 02:17 AM
Judith Offline
Amateur Trainer

OOC~// I guess we all wanted to win.

Hey, can anyone guess what the story Lacombe’s trainer read was?

The Wigglytuff sighed yet again. She was much too impulsive – helping that Seviper. For all she knew, he was a runaway with very good acting, and his trainer wouldn’t be very happy to notice he was gone. She stirred her coffee again, taking a long, dragging sip from the cup before setting it down.

“Sweet baby Arseus,” she spat and swore grimly as her face contracted into a tight, wrinkled, spot.

She’d forgotten the creamer.

Nyssa sat down on the sofa, and as if by instinct, turned the television on. The reception was terrible, and gray lines of static danced around the images. She’d have to wait for the antenna to be sent over from Kanto.

But through the fog of heavy pixels and gray streaks, she could barely make out the faint outline of a Dragonite. The announcer’s voice boomed madly, so that Nyssa had to cover her ears:

‘Live! From the Mount Silver! We bring you the 56th annual Silver Conference trainer championships!’

Nyssa wiggled her way closer to the screen, tapping the volume button to silence the man’s annoying warble. She squinted to see the competitors. It was a one-on-one match, the Dragonite against a Houndoom.

‘Look at that form! Isn’t that the most impressive Dragonite you’ve ever seen?’ A female announcer cooed over the Dragon.

‘Yes it is indeed.’ The male announcer agreed. The Pokemon seemed like a favourite already, ‘Dorian the Dragonite, fresh from his Gold-medal victory in the Seismic Shockput Toss, is still standing. If he wins this battle, he and his trainer, Jordan of Kanto, will go onto the semi-finals.’

‘No buts about it, Jordan will surely cinch Gold in battling. He managed to enter the Silver Conference with – not eight, not sixteen – but twenty badges! Now, if that’s not a good trainer, I don’t know what is!’

Nyssa rolled her eyes – what was the big deal?

Most people who’d seen her act like that would tell her she was jealous. She’d never won a single badge in her whole career as a trainer Pokemon.

As the battle progressed, Nyssa saw the little speck of a man that the announcers labeled ‘Jordan’, barking out commands in the most totalitarian voice she’d ever heard. The Dragonite, without hesitation, carried them out. The Houndoom shot out a blast of Shadow Ball, which looked as if it almost it hit it’s mark. But Dorian was much too fast for his opponent, he dodged, he dived, and with a swift wing attack, the Houndoom was down for the count.

The crowd roared with appreciation. Some were chanting: DO-RI-AN! DO-RI-AN!

And amazingly, she found herself singing Dorian’s praise, too.

Lacombe slid between trees, ducking underneath vines that brushed his side, afraid to touch them with a squeamishness that he didn’t remember he had back as a wild Pokemon. This manic forest world seemed to rush at him, all the leaves seemed to block his path. He quickened his pace, keeping only one eye open for his old friend. The blade of his tail snagged on a high root, with a scream he tumbled madly forward, his face meeting the mossy forest ground with a painful thud.

“Ow…”

He nursed his snout, rubbing it with a coil from his tail. What was happening to him? Was he getting soft?

He looked about, moving slowly, afraid of an attack from a wild Pokemon. He knew he was worried for nothing, a noise like that from a trainer Pokemon, doubled with the reek of his trainer he carried, would have made everyone run away in disgust. That was what his clan did back in Hoenn. But he could never quite shake off his worry – that somewhere in the undergrowth was an antagonistic, wild creature, ready to pounce and eat him for breakfast.

He gulped, terrified.

This forest seemed much more hostile than the ones back home. He refused to accept the fact that it was exactly like the forest he and Diego used to prowl and play in. He was losing his instincts. His life.

Bracing himself for any possible dangers, he darted into the thick brush of bushes to his left. The trees were much wider-spaced there, the extra room taken by occasional bushes of berries. Climbing an ancient oak tree with much difficulty and strain, he coiled around the lowest branch, using his new echelon as a vantage point.

A little off to the north was a sheer rock face, inclining at least two hundred or more meters high up to a plateau that smelled of fresh water. Immediately crossing the idea of climbing up to search, he noticed a large hole, bored into the foot of the rock face, big enough for a Zangoose to live in.

He hastily let go of his branch, falling painfully to the ground for the second time, screaming as he did so. But he didn’t stop to check himself, or to feel any pain. All that mattered was to look inside that cave.

“Diego! I’m coming!” He slithered as fast as he could until he sat in front of the cave, until the mouth yawned in front of him. It was much bigger than he imagined, as tall as two humans standing on each other’s shoulder – bigger than what a Zangoose normally needed. But Diego wasn’t a normal Zangoose.

Lacombe slid hastily into the darkness. He could hear it, the sound of heavy breathing. It seemed so… familiar… and yet so terrifying. He continued further into the dark, hearing a rough ‘plip-plopping’ sound of water dropping from stalactites. He couldn’t see a thing. Completely blinded, he stumbled onwards, the feeling of Deja Vu creping up on him.

He hit something warm, furry, and very, very big. A large yellow ring of fur seemed to glow in the dark, and the creature’s unmistakable bear-growl make he shriek. He’d stumbled into an Ursaring’s nest, just like he did as a child. The heavy, brown bear grabbed him, pinning him by his neck into the wall.

Helpless and mortified at his mistake, he cried out at the top of his lungs:

“Help!”

"To talk of many things:
Of cabbages—and kings—
Old 11-04-2007, 02:32 AM
someonerandom Offline

It was late in the night and Luke and Aqua was getting tired from their walk to Mount Silver. The two twins was on a mission to stop OAT, but they weren’t even remotely close. Luke and Aqua had just arrived in Cherrygrove City. Luke couldn’t stop though. OAT was a threat to all humans and he knew he had to stop this madness before it will be the end. However, Aqua was really exhausted from their travels and it was time to rest.

“How can we rest at a time like this Aqua?” Luke asked his sister. Each day more and more pokemon would be getting even closer to Mount Silver, and it could already be too late.

“I’m very sorry Luke, but I need to rest. I can’t go on. I know it’s very important, but we need to take care of ourselves first,” Aqua told her brother. She had a good point. Even if Luke did reach the mountain he couldn’t possibly climb up to the top. “Find we’ll stop at the Pokemon Center, but only for one day,” Luke replied. What are we going to do? Aqua is right, but still…. How are we going to stop OAT?

The twins arrived at a Pokemon Center. Nurse Joy was really kind to let them in even though it was quite late. Aqua and Luke quickly fell asleep. They were too exhausted to do anything other than to sleep. Meanwhile, Luke’s Buizel and Aqua’s Roselia had escaped from their pokeballs to talk about OAT.

What are we going to do? OAT is quite powerful and here we are getting ready to stop them. I think Luke and Aqua are crazy. OAT has an entire army of pokemo, and there’s barely that much trainers that actually knows about them. Luke's Buizel said. He knew it was pretty pointless to convince his master to go to Mount Silver. He was positive Luke and Aqua couldn't stop OAT. Luke and Aqua was obviously outnumbered in numbers, so how could the both of them stop OAT? Aqua's Roselia though had a different idea.

There’s not much that we can do right now. We have to stop OAT or else it will be the end of the world. Think about it. When all humans are gone, how will we even live? Many pokemon would fight over the control of the world, and who’s going to stop them? I doubt that even the legendaries can help now. We can only hope for a miracle that OAT will end without any deaths. Aqua's Roselia was right though. It was highly important to stop this evil group of pokemon. If Luke and Aqua can't stop them, then they just have to get more trainers to join Luke and Aqua's cause.

I highly don’t think that’s going to happen though. I heard their leader is a Zangoose, and we all know what happens if you mess with one of them?

The two pokemon were constantly arguing back and forth. Each had a good point, but they know it won’t be enough to stop OAT. Who knows though? Perhaps, OAT can be truly stopped before a long waited war will start.
Old 11-04-2007, 06:12 AM
Exophi Offline

… … Something about climbing down a vertical shelf can awaken certain fears in a person that they thought had been long forgotten. And though he had never admitted to it before, Diego had a strong fear of heights. Whenever he had scaled Meteor Mountain with Lacombe in the past he always felt nervous. But it was time away from the rest of the Serviper clan, so Diego always kept his mouth shut about any anxieties he experienced.

… … Strangely, it was only non-fatal heights that usually bothered him. The thought of living as an individual incapable of doing things on his own was. Death wasn’t a very large concern for him, as long as he didn’t need to rely on others to keep him going. Trust had never been one of Diego’s prominent qualities, mostly because of the mass attack he had suffered as a youth.

… … Even thinking about it now brought back bad memories. The face of his enraged father, extending his claws. His mother, disgusted at what her child had become. All of his old ‘friends’ who decided that he was worth no more than a human. Diego could recall calling out. He shouted at his friends to stop. He had pleaded for forgiveness, despite the fact that he couldn’t control the changes, and he had screamed into the night -

… … "Help!"

… … The word rang out clearly, particularly along the ledges that Diego was trying to climb down. It snapped the Zangoose out of his nightmarish daydreams and almost made him lose his balance on the ledges. Arms swinging wildly, he only just managed to grab a hold of a rock. Did anyone really need aid, or was his imagination acting up? Diego wasn’t sure, so he dismissed the cry as a figment of his mind.

… … He wouldn't let himself fall into a walking slumber again. The sound of someone in trouble had seemed all too real. With intense focus Diego kept climbing. He now only had a hundred and fifty more meters to go. No more daydreams, all that mattered now was reaching the ground before too many OAT recruits showed up.

OOC: The story sounded eerily familiar, though I can't seem to place it.
Old 11-04-2007, 11:11 AM
DreamWalker Offline
Amateur Trainer

The disturbing thoughts continued raging on within the Dragonite's head, confusing him even more now. There was a sickening truth behind them, and he worried about it far too much any he should've.

Jordan is my trainer. He caught me fair and square, just as almost any normal pokemon. Right?

He tried to think back to his early childhood when he was still a free little Dratini in the Safari Zone. Sure it hadn't been a natural wild, but where else could his race take refuge without being so helplessly alone for years on end?

At least there had been some real adventure in it... He thought a bit harder. Here all I get are orders, a word of thanks when I'm good, nothing if I'm not so good... A Super Potion if I'm injured... What kind of future does that leave me?

He thought about it until he started to feel like he would go insane. In a burst of confusion and energy, he burst from his pokeball in a blast of white light.

"... What just happened?"

He observed his surroundings closely, his eyes taking a mere second to adjust to the lack of light.

Night time... And there was Jordan, fast asleep in his sleeping bag. They were out in the open. Why should a human get to feel the cold night air and not a pokemon? I was wild first, wasn't I?

He took a moment to chastise himself at the thought. Jordan is good! He's trained me into a strong Dragonite! Dorian, you're such an ungrateful pokemon... He started to return to his pokeball, but as he went for it, a cool breeze passed through the area, stopping him in his tracks.

What a lovely feeling! I should very much like to feel that again...

In a big motion, he stretched out his wings and with one mighty heave, he hurled himself into the air and away from the ground. The cold air streaked over his streamlined body, caressing him in a way that he had never felt before.

So this is what being wild is like... He looked down to his trainer on the ground, sinking farther and farther away.

I'll be back once I've sorted out these thoughts... Even if I choose not to stay, I'll at least come back to tell you.

He closed his eyes lightly in reflection of his trainer, then returned to the night sky before him and let the joy take over his entire being.

OOC: Sorry for the view change... I'm experimenting for the time being... Regularity should be restored for the next post.

Oboedio Voculas
-DreamWalker
Old 11-05-2007, 01:23 AM
vedros Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via AIM to vedros Send a message via MSN to vedros Send a message via Yahoo to vedros

Elos looked Chuck in the eye, and didn't say a word (if he could). Chuck understood. He had to go. He might be back sometime, he might not. All he knew, was that every moment up to now was precious enough, and Elos had lived and done all he needed to.
Elos did not have anything packed. He wouldn't need anything. Everything he needed was here, and he couldn't take it with him.

Elos walked out the door solemnly without looking back. Mira the Lapras was waiting at the shore. She would take him to Olivine, and he would walk to Mount Silver.
Mira was was of Elos' best friends. She had told him about OAT, and now she would help him discover it. They had known eachother for three years, but would she see her again? This would be dangerous, he might not come back. That was a harsh reality. He didn't even know what he was doing. Who knew how brutal these Pokemon might be? This was the most rash he had ever been, but he needed it. The life risk would hopefully be worth the rush.
Old 11-05-2007, 03:07 AM
ryoshin Offline
Experienced Trainer

Send a message via AIM to ryoshin

It seems a long way to the mountain. I was suppose to be able to get to the base of the mountain by today, but I was caught up with something that was pretty terrible.

Argh! I can't lose him! I ran as fast as I can through the field, but without cover, the trainer kept catching up to me riding on his Charizard.

I knwe it was impossible to lose him without cover soon, but the trainer wasn't going to lose me that easily. I had seen the look on the trainer's eyes before. He was determined to catch me.

Fine. If he wants it that way, then let him have it! I then stopped in my tracks and jumped towards him. Leaf Blade! I barely grazed the Charizard, but it hurt enough to make the Charizard land.

"So, you finally stop running. Now's my chance to catch you." The trainer returned his Charizard and sent out a Gabite.

Pathetic! He can't fight his own battle but rely on us pokemon! Well, I'll put him out of his misery! I had used double team, but it wasn't to evade any attacks. I dashed past the Gabite. I leaped into the air. Leaf Blade! I created the leaf blade as I slammed the blade down at the trainer. Unfortunately, he had rolled to the side and I had missed him by an inch.

"Are you crazy!" as the Gabite slashed at me to try and get me away from his trainer. "Do you know you can't be doing this. This is against the law for a pokemon to attack a trainer directly."

"Tch. Since when?! Have you noticed! Before the humans were here, pokemons ruled the land. Now they think they can rule over us. Haven't you seen! They even use us in battle to solve their problems. We have to defend them for what?! So they can rule over us?! Well, I'm not standing for it!" I rushed in and locked blades with the Gabite.

"The humans are our friends. They help us grow stronger, you wild pokemons can't understand what friendship means in the first place!" He pushed me aside and tried to body slammed me. I rolled to the right and slashed at him sending him flying backwards.

"Don't dare you say I don't know friendship! X-Scissor!" I ran at him full speed and slashed twice. I knew he didn't have any energy left because he laid limp on the floor. "The humans are what caused my friend's betrayal." I left the Gabite, fainted on the ground, and was starting to leave the scene.

"I'm not done with you yet!" I heard the trainer return his Gabite and was about to grab another pokeball. This guy really wants a death sentence.

I dashed at the trainer and pressed the blade on my arm on his neck without cutting him. I glared at the trainer and saw the fear in his eyes. I kicked him on the head and teleported out of there.

I wasn't able to reach Mt. Silver, but by tomorrow noon I should be able to get there if there wasn't any more distractions. Then I could start helping in the destruction of the humans.
Old 11-05-2007, 04:08 AM
vedros Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via AIM to vedros Send a message via MSN to vedros Send a message via Yahoo to vedros

OOC: We should try to co-ordinate on times. We should put the time in each post. You don't have to, just a suggestion.

IC:
6:45 am

Elos had arrived at Olivine eight hours ago, and now the sun was about to come up as he came upon National Park. He would have loved to have traveled West when he hit Ecruteak, but he would have had to trekked through the maze-like Mount Mortar, or swim (which he could not). This was unfotunate, for this route would take more than double the time, and he would have to rest soon, which would take even more time.

National Park was filled with eager, young obnoxious trainer youths. Elos was pleasanlty surprised when he reached the exit without an encounter with one. He was having trouble opening the door, however, which put him in a right fowl mood. And it didn't help when some kid threw a Poke-Ball at the back of his head. It merely bounced off, but he was extremely irritated.

Elos picked up the ball which had landed on the ground. He looked the trainer directly in the eye, and crushed the ball in his hand with ease. He let the remnants fall on the ground, but most of it was dust, which blew away.

The trainer ran hastily toward the other side of the park, and Elos decided to take an alternate route through the park. He walked over to where the forest connects to the park, and smashed a thin tree with a straight punch.

After twenty minutes he arrived in Goldenrod, and for the first time in his life, Elos was overwhelmed. So many new lights and sounds, this huge city was filled with so many people. He had never seen anything like it. If this was just the morning, how full would the streets be during mid-day?
Suddenly, Elos felt he had to lie down. He sat down at the end of an alley, and fell asleep in a couple of minutes.
Old 11-06-2007, 05:17 AM
Exophi Offline

"Hey, hey!" Diego tried to attract as much attention to himself as possible. Holding tight to a tree limb jutting from the cliff, the zangoose madly flailed his other arm in the air.

A large bird-like pokémon was flying by. Its feathers shone silver in the sunlight, but tints of red also came through. Great, Diego thought, A Skarmory, those things can be vicious. Still, he decided to chance requesting a lift down to the bottom. Over here, how can you not notice me yet? Bird brain. Getting a smooth ride down would be much better than having to put up with going down this perilous slope.

The Skarmory was almost out of sight. In a last, desperate plea, Diego shouted, "You, help me!" The metallic bird looked back at him, but didn't seem to care very much. There was a human on its back already.

"Stupid bird!" Diego found himself shouting. "Why would you allow that filthy monster to ride you like a mule?"

A purple head poked out of the branch that was being held onto. The little bat asked, "You're that Anti-Trainer fellow, aren't you? I've heard lots about you from everybody else on the mountain. They don't like you much. You haven't come to get me to join, have you?"

Diego decided to stay quite. None of the Gligar's comments seemed to need any rebuttal. The creature didn't seem very old, and was probably just repeating information that it had been told from its mother. There would be no real sense in trying to start a debate. "I'm just gonna go," he mumbled. Mother Gligars could be fierce, so it would be foolish to stick around waiting for her to come back to the nest. Being daylight, the parent should have been home hours ago already.

As if on que, a light groan issued from within the leaves of the plant. A larger bar spread its wings and moaned. "Get back to sleep honey," it said drearily. Catching sight of Diego, the Gliscor's eyes flashed open. Angrily the woman hissed, "You? What do you want with us?"

"Look lady, I just want down the mountain safely."

"Fine, if it'll get you away from our nest," she snapped, with emphasis on the 'you'. One pincer at a time, the female Gliscor pulled herself from the bed. "It's too bad you wanted down safely," she sneered after Diego cautiously climbed onto her back. "I would have found it so much easier to just push you off our home." The threat was not to be taken idly, one of his fears the moment this gliscor had presented herself was that she would shove him off the mountain.

OOC: Gack, really sorry about this post guys (and Judith)... I needed to put something in, and this is what I came up with. Side Note: Desperately trying to secure votes for best male in October's MotM... (It's the closest I've come to standing a chance of winning anything there. Sad, considering I only have 3-4 votes in the category...)

Last edited by Exophi; 11-06-2007 at 05:20 AM.
Old 11-06-2007, 07:45 AM
DreamWalker Offline
Amateur Trainer

I had been flying for the entire night, simply riding on the high of imagining myself as an untamed pokemon.

I'm a Dragonite, for goodness' sake, I don't have to be wild! I don't have to be tamed either!

I continued soaring through the air, the nighttime breeze striding over my skin. Light was approaching, and I wondered what I would do when I eventually got tired of just flying around. Before I could answer that though, a squabble from below caught my attention. A Noctowl was having problems with a pair of smaller Hoothoots.

I swooped down, landing hard on the grass beside the group of bird pokemon. "What seems to be the problem here?" I asked, almost booming with the power that had been invoked within me on my "joy-flying" journey.

"Never you mind," the Noctowl said in a bossy tone, yet also cautious when she realised what I was. "This is a household dispute and-"

"And she won't let us go and join OAT!" one of the Hoothoots cawed in displease. "The meeting is so soon!"

"YEAH!" piped up the other one, "Of all people we figured SHE would've understood!"

"What?" I asked. "Why?" I figured asking about this 'OAT' would only have enraged the obviously mother Noctowl more than she already was.

"Well, our brother was caught by a stupid human, and we had only just hatched! The filthy monster was rooting through our nest!"

"But banding against the humans won't solve anything either!" she retorted in exhasperation. "That silly Zangoose is just harbouring some petty grudge against them! He needs to learn to let the nature of things be and move on! Just like you two should be!" She rounded on them with that last comment before turning back to me. "Honestly, that Zangoose has the whole forest in an uproar! If you knew what was best for you, you'd avoid him entirely!"

I was startled by her outburst to me. Most humans and pokemon alike took caution with their words and actions around me, though I knew I wouldn't do anything unless seriously provoked - this mother Noctowl was rather a refreshing character for me.

Still, the begrudged Zangoose sparked a dormant thought in me about dislike of the humans. Without another word to the family of birds, I took off back into the air, determined to find someone who wouldn't mind telling me about this 'OAT.' Surely I wouldn't revolt against humans... they had done me no real harm... but it would be interesting to see some other points of view on their domination of the planet.

Oboedio Voculas
-DreamWalker
Old 11-06-2007, 04:37 PM
Judith Offline
Amateur Trainer

OOC~// Well, Vedros, you’ve hit a good point. I guess it’s a good idea, so we all roughly know what time it should be. But coordinating it – seeing how it’s a little past sunrise here on Silver (possibly eight), and six in the morning in Goldenrod – could be a problem that some problematic rp-ers could do without. You get what I mean?

And don't worry Exophi, it's not your fault - I should have seen you were busy. I was half-hoping that someone else would notice Lacombe and help, but the others seem quite far away, don't they?

Oh, by the way, the story that was read in my first post? It's a short story that never fails to make me smile: 'The Little Prince' by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry. Lacombe reminded me of the snake character who said he could 'bring anybody back home' by killing them with his bite.

The claws that held him nailed themselves into the rock wall of the cave, the palm itself was pressing into the front of his throat; he could hear himself give a little choking retch. The Ursaring was in full control, even though Lacombe was twice as long as he was tall, most of the Seviper’s body flowed down to the floor; one coil atop another in a twisted mess that seemed so alien to Lacombe that he could barely twitch it.

POW

The Ursaring’s free fist hit him with such an impact, he felt as if he could simply crumble into dust as the shock went through his body. The punch had been well aimed, for it made its mark right in his belly, knocking the wind straight out of him. The grip relaxed, and he slid, barely conscious, into a heap of coiled scales, to be with the rest of his body.

The creature made a heavy growl, cracking his knuckles threateningly, as if to show that he still had more energy in him for another round. And Lacombe knew a blow to the head from that grisly bear would be more than enough to smash his skull.

He gulped, immediately wishing he hadn’t. The swallow had brought on a mad spasm of pain through his body. Much of him didn’t seem to like any more of the sharp sting, thrashing manically in protest. The Ursaring, towering over him, gave a laughing snort, as if this was an amusing sport.

“Just you wait.” The Seviper hissed, trying to control his convulsion. “Sooner or later, my Trainer’s going to notice me missing, and when she does…” He broke off. He was stooping awfully low to be threatening bear with prospects of human capture, even lower if the human was his own trainer. If it meant getting caught and punished before he found his Zangoose friend, he was lowering himself at the lowest level of lowliness he could think of.

The beast merely snorted and, dropping down on fours, began to pace around him in a neat ring. Lacombe wondered if the creature could even talk at all. Maybe it could, maybe wild Pokemon could hear what Ursarings had to say. But since his capture, Lacombe found it increasingly difficult to talk to wild creatures. They seemed to have another language of their own…

Wait.

Suddenly the cave was filled with music, a haunting melody that Lacombe had never heard before. It felt warm, comforting, like a soft bed. It beckoned him to sleep… to close his eyelids and forget that they never needed to be opened…

No, he had to fight it. What if it was another trick? However, the Ursaring had stopped pacing, looking about half-heartedly to find the source of the unearthly lullaby. It gave up, its head stopped swinging, and with a retiring huff and a heaving thud, it fell to the ground, unmoving.

Before he could even celebrate the falling of his nemesis, he felt himself succumbing to the song… His eyes were so heavy… too heavy to keep open… He felt his head hit the soft floor, like he normally would a soft cushion… and his mind flew away airily… into oblivion…

“Wake up!” The slap hit him in the cheek, nowhere as impactful as the Ursaring’s punch, but startling all the same. His head shot up in alarm. His body, rested after what seemed like a million days of sleep, seemed lithe and recharged. He curled into a striking position, ready to hit his enemy as soon as it came into focus.

But he saw the familiar, overweight pink shape before him and relaxed instantly. Nyssa was staring him down, concern etched into her sea green eyes. As usual, Lacombe felt himself drowning in the profound depths, like falling into a deep ocean. The old Wigglytuff seemed to have that quality in her face.

“Nyssa…?” His voice was blurred with sleep, but he saw he was still in the cave, in the exact spot where he fell asleep. The Ursaring, however, was gone.

“Woah, there, partner! Take it easy.” She held out her stubby, pink arms in protest, making him lower his head. “I knocked the big lummox out, and the Rangers are here for it.”

She motioned with an ear to the Ursaring, sleeping no longer, but on it’s two feet, raking the air and growling at a human boy. Lacombe instantly recognized a Pokemon Ranger and his characteristic Capture Styler, as he used his remote to guide a little glowing top into looping circles around the bear’s feet. With each loop, a voice spoke from the Styler, in the tongue of a Pokemon, bearing the trainer’s voice:

“Stop resisting… I’m a Ranger… Not a trainer… And I’ll let you go soon… Listen to me… You’re in my power… Fighting me will only get you hurt… I have backup…” At the sound of this, a little Pichu yapped from his shoulder, apparently his partner, “And he will not hesitate to help me… Let all anger leave you… And come with me- ”

The boy broke off with a scream as the bear ran towards him, clawing a large rip into his uniform. He fell onto his back, hands held out in meek protection. Lacombe uncoiled himself, to help the boy, to stop the Ursaring, to… to… anything!

Nyssa held her hand up to stop him. “Don’t.” She mouthed. “He knows what he’s doing.”

Lacombe narrowed his eyes to focus, seeing the look in the Ranger’s eyes: he was faking fear! The Pichu, on impulse at his friend’s distress, threw a massive beam of electricity from his little, yellow paws. “That’s for messing with Nick!” The yellow Electric type cheered. The beam left the bear stunned, shocked stiff, too paralyzed to move. Seizing the opportunity, the Ranger spun several new rings around the beast, until the Ursaring glowed a bright orange, getting brighter by the minute. Nyssa shielded her eyes and Lacombe shut them tight, but the Pichu and his partner must have been used to the bright flash, their eyes wide open in case anything went wrong.

The glow died down, and Lacombe was stunned to see the Ursaring, looking gentle and mild as a newborn Teddiursa. He nuzzled the Ranger with his snout lovingly, and the Pichu-Ranger duo broke into laughter at their success.

“I’ll bring him back to base, then,” He said to Nyssa in the most formal tone he could, “once he had some electric shock therapy, we’ll rehabilitate him back here. Hopefully, he’ll be less of a problem for you mountain folk.”

Lacombe was used to hearing humans talk, he understood every word his trainer said, but saying them back was a problem. Imagine his surprise to hear Nyssa speak back, in human tongue:

“Thanks, he was bugging my friend here. We were out collecting berries and then that thing just jumped out and attacked! I can’t thank you enough for getting here on time.”

“No problem ma’am.” The Ranger tipped his hat to her, “it was a pleasure speaking to you.” Lacombe could tell he was as astounded to hear her speak, as he was. But Nyssa had called him for help earlier, maybe he had taken the time to get over the shock.

Before he could ask, the boy and his little partner leapt atop a Skarmory he must have caught earlier, and took off into the air, the Ursaring lumbering almost lovestruck behind to catch up.

As soon as they were out of earshot, Nyssa spun around.

“You stupid kid!” She reprimanded him, but Lacombe could see concern, not anger in her eyes. “What were you thinking running off into an unknown cave like that? You could have been hurt badly!”

“But… but…”

“Don’t ‘but’ me, mister Lacombe.” Her face was stern, and he braced himself to be taken back to the inn to be ‘reunited’ with his trainer.

Instead, Nyssa pulled him by the hand out of the cave and began to scan the cliff face, the sky, and the surrounding trees. He raised a brow.

“What are you doing?”

Nyssa stared him down again. “Honestly, I don’t know where you’d be without me! I’m here to help you look!”

And flabbergasted once more, Lacombe couldn’t protest.

OOC~// Is anybody still reading this? I really apologize for the length, again, and I congratulate anybody with the initiative to read all my posts. *Is embarassed at long-windedness*

And I know, I know, the Ranger bit was Deus-ex-Machina, totally unexpected + totally unrelated = not good. But I wanted to point out another type of Pokemon capture that is just as controversial as being a trainer - Rangerism. We could explore it here, if anybody wanted to.

"To talk of many things:
Of cabbages—and kings—