Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Pokemon Ultra RPG » General » Trainer's Court

Trainer's Court The Trainer's Court! Where the URPG hold it's trials.

Old 03-19-2005, 11:52 PM
Tamer San Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

Send a message via AIM to Tamer San Send a message via MSN to Tamer San Send a message via Yahoo to Tamer San
Default Problemo

Quote:
-------------------
Status Afflictions
-------------------
Attract- Can't attack 50% of the time.
Burn- Lose 1/2 attack power and .6 HP every turn.
Confuse- 50% chance to attack yourself
Cursed- Quarters your HP each turn.
Faint- Can't battle.
Flinch- Doesn't attack that turn.
Freeze- Can't use moves.
Paralyze- Can't attack 25% of the time.
Poison- Lose 1/8 HP every turn.
Sleep- Asleep for 2-7 turns
Toxic- Lose 1/16 HP every turn. Damage doubles each turn (2/16, 3/16....) Converts to normal Poison if Pokemon is switched.
In a battle between me and magare which took over two hours we didn't agree on one thing, for some unlucky reason I got burnt and Dap, Magare and Dan says it does 0.9 damage per turn making me lose for sure. But if it was 0.6 as it is stated here and as the way I ref it and even Goof assured us I definatly win. I am wondering which could be true-er, 0.9 or 0.6 damage per turn and please, only experienced reffs and URPG Officials and ESPECIALLY Jack and Marth should reply to this. Thanks a lot for your time reading my nonsense

(It is a matter of life and death to me, Magare and even the "retired" ref Dap)

"Fight for freedom. Fight for glory. Fight to win!"
I am back
Old 03-20-2005, 11:32 AM
King Zark Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to King Zark Send a message via MSN to King Zark Send a message via Yahoo to King Zark
Default Re: Problemo

I know am NOT a ref but when I was looking at different pokemon sites I found this.

Burn-It causes your Pokémon to lose a set amount of HP every turn; in RBY, 1/16th of your total Health. In GSC, it is 1/8th.
Old 03-20-2005, 12:21 PM
Manjoume Jun Offline

Send a message via AIM to Manjoume Jun Send a message via MSN to Manjoume Jun

In quite a few cases the URPG works differently to the GB games, but most of the stuff you'll find does match up.

When I was originally being tutored, before I first took my ref test, I was taught in two halves. Dap taught me the basics, including the main formula, the stat and effectiveness multipliers, and gave me (and numerous others) some help when it came to certain tricky situations.

The second half of my tutoring came from Mana, who taught me about all of the status effects, and how they worked in the URPG. Obviously I was aware of all of the status effects, and what they did, but at the time the whole way that the URPG worked still puzzled me.

I made rigorous notes on everything both Dap and Mana taught me, and I still have those exact notes to this very day, and I think I passed my ref test in August...

Anyways, my notes which were made back then, state that in the URPG, the Burn status effect halves the ATK of the affected Pokémon, and then takes 0.9 HP from them after each attack they make (similarly to Poison/Toxic in that respect).

Well, that's my two cents, I was there when the battle in question was happening, and there sure as hell was a lot of confusion on the matter.
Old 03-22-2005, 02:29 PM
Tamer San Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

Send a message via AIM to Tamer San Send a message via MSN to Tamer San Send a message via Yahoo to Tamer San

Quote:
Originally Posted by LugiaTamer2k5
I know am NOT a ref but when I was looking at different pokemon sites I found this.

Burn-It causes your Pokémon to lose a set amount of HP every turn; in RBY, 1/16th of your total Health. In GSC, it is 1/8th.
That proves me right guys, 1/16 is what URPG uses which is 0.6 HP per turn, and we don't use the 1/8 because it takes a lot of damage 1.2 ^^

Thanks for finding this site, yet Jack has the FINAL desission over this.

I am back
Old 03-23-2005, 12:20 AM
Keeper_of_Light Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Keeper_of_Light

Thats why we use 0.9 thats inbetween 1.2 and 0.6. That seems perfectly fair to me. Also all reffs have little differences, as long as they are consistant then it does not matter.

"Remember, battles may be won or lost but if the battlers do not learn, the battle served no purpose."
Old 03-23-2005, 04:55 AM
Tamer San Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

In this case it matter a lot, if it is 0.6 I win...if it is 0.9 Mag wins.

I am back
Old 03-24-2005, 02:23 AM
Jack of Clovers Offline
~lil leprechaun~

Send a message via ICQ to Jack of Clovers Send a message via AIM to Jack of Clovers Send a message via MSN to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Yahoo to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Skype™ to Jack of Clovers

we don't use r/b so 1/16 isn't accurate. burn damage is 1/8 hp. so it will do 1.2 damage. hope that helps.

~Jack~

-| Links |-
Old 03-24-2005, 10:55 AM
Tamer San Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

Well, I guess then I have to congrats Magare for his win...and I just have to say I lost and good luck me next time >>

I am back
Old 03-24-2005, 02:14 PM
Raddstealth316 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Raddstealth316 Send a message via Yahoo to Raddstealth316

And I have the job of rewriting stats That'll be $1000 less for Tamer and $1000 more for Cro.

UrPg Co-OfFiCiAl

VPP Slowbro. LV 100 @ 1191.
(sprite credit to Soara)

~#Raddstealth316#~