Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Entertainment

Entertainment For non-Pokemon related discussion, talk about other TV shows, movies, music, books, sports and more!

Old 10-23-2007, 11:49 AM
Stardy Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Stardy
Default Re: Dumbledore is Gay

Why am I last to know?
damn it!

Stardy = awesome
Old 10-23-2007, 12:14 PM
Shady Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Send a message via AIM to Shady Send a message via MSN to Shady

To be honest, I never thought about this until after I read that article. xD

I would have never picked up on these... 'hints' xD

Old 10-23-2007, 05:14 PM
EmBreon Offline
Killjoy

Send a message via AIM to EmBreon Send a message via MSN to EmBreon

Haha, well that is amusing. All this time I always wondered why his costume was always extra colorful and sparkly, who knew...
Quote:
Originally Quoted from Hagrid:
"Great man, Dumbledore. 'S long as we've got him, I'm not too worried."
It all makes sense now...
Old 10-23-2007, 05:39 PM
Snow Fairy Sugar Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

Send a message via AIM to Snow Fairy Sugar Send a message via MSN to Snow Fairy Sugar Send a message via Yahoo to Snow Fairy Sugar

I read about this in the newspaper, too. Incredibly crazy, but could be true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rita Skeeter
However, there can be no doubt that Dumbledore delayed, for some five years of turmoil, fatalities and disappearances, his attack upon Gellert Grindelwald. Was it lingering affection for the man, or fear of exposure as his once best friend, that caused Dumbledore to hesitate?
-The Deathly Hallows: The Life and lies of Dumbledore, page 293, second paragraph.

Weird...
Old 10-23-2007, 07:38 PM
Stubby Boardman Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to Stubby Boardman

Wow thats all i have to say

Old 10-23-2007, 08:46 PM
c-wooper Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via ICQ to c-wooper

Quote:
Jk Rowling: 'Oh, Dumbledore's gay'
omg haha lol, that's hilarious.

kinda retarded for her to say it like that...
Old 10-24-2007, 12:53 AM
InvertrevnI Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to InvertrevnI Send a message via MSN to InvertrevnI

Yes, Meg, you nailed it.

Dumbledore is a fictional character, nay, a dead fictional character. Who gives a **** about a dead fictional character's sexuality? It didn't even impact the story. :|
Old 10-24-2007, 02:00 AM
Arbok conquerer Offline
Experienced Trainer

I was quite surprises about the whole thing myself. And to think I thought he had bsomething going on with Mcgonagall(sp). makes you wonder if J.K Rowling still has some more tricks up her sleeve.
Thanks a bunch KDH. Now Team Rocket members all over can bow down to Giovanni's strength and magnifance. HAHAHAHHA. Also thanks to fefe31619 for the banner. Now resistance to Team Rocket is futile. Thanks to shiny loser for the avatar. In two days you will get a package with the uniform. Bow to Givonaii. MHAHAHAH

Old 10-24-2007, 02:19 AM
Charizard Michelle Offline

Send a message via AIM to Charizard Michelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by May Norman View Post

I read about this in the newspaper, too. Incredibly crazy, but could be true.

-The Deathly Hallows: The Life and lies of Dumbledore, page 293, second paragraph.

Weird...
HAHAH!(!!!!!!) Nice.

Yeah. Heard about this yesterday in the uni's newspaper.

Yeah. Really I am kind of like what but really this isn't something really important. I mean does Dumbeldore's sexurity really matters to the plot. He was important but his love life wasn't. I mean I easily read over that Rita Skeeter thing that May qouted but really I paid no real attention to it. IThis information isn't really important.

Still this is kind of a good thing since it teachers tolurance to others. That is what most churches don't realize. The theme of tolurance to others was a constant theme in the book so this is just more to ad to it. Tolurance. ANother great lesson that this book has teach us which was something other people shuold have done. haha

I need to find a new girl-on-girl animation.

Old 10-24-2007, 02:34 AM
Matt Offline
<- Khold's Butt
Elite Trainer (Level 7)

Send a message via AIM to Matt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megumi View Post
It is not a big deal. Get over it.

EDIT: I honestly fail to see how this is newsworthy. Getting all up in arms about a fictional character's sexuality is... a little ridiculous, honestly.
It's simply the fact that she would change how readers and viewers alike view this great character so suddenly. (as you cannot deny that the majority of society views homosexuals in a different light than heterosexuals, and the majority of society follows the Harry Potter series)
------
FrozenChaos703: I have a kitty named Peaches.
FrozenChaos703: She can stand on my boobs.
FrozenChaos703: Without falling.
Old 10-26-2007, 09:18 PM
Professor Geoffrey Offline

Send a message via AIM to Professor Geoffrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
It's simply the fact that she would change how readers and viewers alike view this great character so suddenly. (as you cannot deny that the majority of society views homosexuals in a different light than heterosexuals, and the majority of society follows the Harry Potter series)
I completely agree. Many people out there are saying that they had clue to this, i.e., Dumbledore never having a wife, his attitude towards Grindelwald, etc. BULL. Grindelwald was Dumbledore's best friend, and Dumbledore never found his love. That simple. Do the books give clues that the teachers there are gay/lesbian? NO. All she did was favor the gays. THAT'S IT. Dumbledore's actor should sue, and refuse to act untill J.K. takes back what she said. At least I think you can sue in the U.K...

I mean, I like Dumbledore a lot. But, I like the version of Dumbledore I imagined, the one that existed before all this... nonsense. Because of this, I don't like J.K. Rowling any more. If she makes any more Harry Potter books, I'll be happy to buy them, but only because I'm interested in Harry, not her talents. She did say she might make an encyclopedia.

Sorry, Megumi, but there are some die-hard Harry Potter fans out there that are outraged. So, we can't get over it. OK?

Old 10-30-2007, 12:40 PM
RouteMaster Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

I guess that explains why he never married.

Before I heard this news Dumbledore was my favourite character and now, naturally, he still is. It shouldn't matter a toss about a person's sexuality, the character Rowling portrayed in Dumbledore was one of compassion, intelligence, tolerance, forgiveness and a role model for younger readers in that you don't always have to be evil to be cool, or lie to succeed.

Therefore I was a bit gutted when she killed him off, but meh, what can you do?
Old 10-30-2007, 12:55 PM
skiboydoggy Offline

Send a message via AIM to skiboydoggy

Hey, it explains a good many things. Nothing to do with how he married, but more of how he developed into such a great person who preaches tolerance.

Really now, I'm not supporting homosexuality or anything, but considering all the crap he probably had to go through in those times where it was even more taboo than it is now, it really all makes sense.

Although his relationship with Grindelwald hardly means anything. I tend to think of Dumbledore as an asexual character, especially considering his advanced age.
Old 10-30-2007, 01:41 PM
Loyal Arcanine Offline

Send a message via AIM to Loyal Arcanine

Meh, I kind of thought so after how he was with Grindelwald.

"gengar is a fart" imsocorn (4:08:55): Is that your way of saying "and not a single **** was given that day" ?

Old 10-31-2007, 04:00 AM
Fire Away Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoffreys-Darkness View Post
I completely agree. Many people out there are saying that they had clue to this, i.e., Dumbledore never having a wife, his attitude towards Grindelwald, etc. BULL. Grindelwald was Dumbledore's best friend, and Dumbledore never found his love. That simple. Do the books give clues that the teachers there are gay/lesbian? NO. All she did was favor the gays. THAT'S IT. Dumbledore's actor should sue, and refuse to act untill J.K. takes back what she said. At least I think you can sue in the U.K...

I mean, I like Dumbledore a lot. But, I like the version of Dumbledore I imagined, the one that existed before all this... nonsense. Because of this, I don't like J.K. Rowling any more. If she makes any more Harry Potter books, I'll be happy to buy them, but only because I'm interested in Harry, not her talents. She did say she might make an encyclopedia.

Sorry, Megumi, but there are some die-hard Harry Potter fans out there that are outraged. So, we can't get over it. OK?
I'm a 'die-hard' Harry Potter fan, and I'm not outraged. Think about it - how many hints were there that he was a straight man? His sexuality was never mentioned or alluded towards because frankly it wasn't an especially important issue, as much as you seem to think it is. I really don't see how Dumbledore being gay detracts from his character in any sense or fashion. He's still the kind, heroic, brave man he always was. Also, lol@ the actor suing. He'd be an idiot to turn down a role that famous and that pays that well, and what right would he have? Dumbledore has no steamy makeout scenes in any of the books, so it's not like he'd be asked to do anything he hasn't been doing for the past few films anyways. You want to know what happens if the actor is upset? The studio says, "lol, have a nice life. BAINAO."

Also, just because other fans say they saw signs of these things and you didn't doesn't make their arguments invalid.

I don't know who said it was up to you to determine what was true in the books, but I'll let you know, it isn't. JK Rowling is the author, and the creative mind behind him. It's not your place to say, 'THIS NEVER HAPPENED', or 'She didn't even mean it'. Whether you like it or not, it's said and done.

Hi

Last edited by Fire Away; 10-31-2007 at 04:06 AM.