Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Interactive Center » Competitive Battling

Competitive Battling This board is for competitive battling discussion. Get team help or learn to play competitively.

Old 06-29-2005, 05:54 PM
Nemesis Offline
Master Trainer

Default Re: FORUM RULES And Team Posting Guidelines

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alakazam
Oh, and here's a rule that many people seem to be ignoring as of late, and I think it's necessary to reiterate it:

Post ONLY level 100 teams for competitive battling.

Do NOT post in-game teams!
could someone please start enforcing that rule?

Thank you, Daniella Defines Divinity, for this banner.

Come not between the Nazgűl and his prey! Or he will not slay thee in thy turn. But bear thee away to the houses of lamantation, beyond all darkness, where thy flest shal be devoured, and thy shriveled mind be left naked before the Lidless Eye!

-Witch King

Practice makes perfect but since nobody is perfect, why practice?
Old 06-29-2005, 07:03 PM
DragonKing Offline
Experienced Trainer

Agreed. Almost everthing on this section of the forum is in-game now, which really lessens the quality of it. It's fine when Mana or Regice posts an in-game team for competitive battling, but so many people are just posting in-game teams and asking for rates, which I don't understand. Since anything works in the game, what's the point? Thanks and take care.
Old 06-29-2005, 07:46 PM
Alakazam Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Alakazam

We do our best to keep that under control....I don't have mod powers, so the most I can do is call issues to the attention of the mods.

It is getting rediculous, though...we really need to be more strict about it.
Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition.
Old 06-29-2005, 07:55 PM
mlugia Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to mlugia Send a message via MSN to mlugia

Speaking of which, you guys were a lot of help with my team planning

And yeah, I'll start enforcing that rule a bit more... I don't like being strict tho =)
Old 06-29-2005, 07:57 PM
Alakazam Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

I just replied in a few in-game threads...may a suggest that a link to this thread and a lock are in order for those threads?
Old 06-29-2005, 08:04 PM
Alakazam Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlugia
And you guys can stop being so harsh too
Er...we need to be harsh about it, we do it out of frustration. There are so many people who just ignore that rule and it gets old really quick. If we're not going to enforce the rules, than why have rules at all?
Old 06-29-2005, 08:11 PM
mlugia Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to mlugia Send a message via MSN to mlugia

Well, keep in mind the big "DONT POST IN GAME TEAM" thing wasn't in big letters in the first post. I put it there now, so maybe things will be better =)

(Besides, I'm not frustrated, so don't you be, or else I'll be sad )
Old 06-29-2005, 08:14 PM
Alakazam Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Right....I noticed that; good thinking about adding it to the first page. it was pretty much me yelling in anguish a while back.

I just hate seing the first page being clogged with pointless in game threads, pushing off some meaningful discussions...how often do you check the second pages of these forums? :P

*Zam curbs his frustration*

Oh, and me getting Emerald and wanting to train more competitive pokemon in Emerald has prompted my return to this board. I'm not all that great at movesets, but I'm always willing to lend a hand, and I always have more to learn in here.
Old 06-30-2005, 03:02 PM
DragonKing Offline
Experienced Trainer

Mana, even if you don't want to be strict, it would really improve the quality of this board to just lock threads that contain in-game teams like Alakazam said. This board needs to get back on the track of competitive teams (both for the cartridges and NetBattle). I really don't see the point of "Rate my Ruby team that contains Kyogre" threads and the like. Please, try to enforce this rule to some extent. Even if you don't want to lock threads, just reply to them saying please don't post in-game threads. Thanks. Take care.
Old 06-28-2006, 07:29 PM
Trainer Mehmet Offline

And what about the Movesets then.
Old 06-28-2006, 10:30 PM
Dragon_Seeker Offline
PE2K Team Rater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trainer Mehmet
And what about the Movesets then.
These have been here for a while and haven't been updated (most of our hardcore competetive battlers have left) but either make a thread or post in the moveset discussion thread.
Ignoring the circumstances in which this point was raised, it cannot be denied that I do in fact have supernatural powers and am jesus (lower case "J" please I'm not an egotist but I don't need you silly little people mispelling my name).
Old 11-22-2007, 04:42 AM
Draco_Burst_667 Offline
New Trainer

Default Re: Forum Rules and Team Posting Guidelines

idk if its ok to have a lower lvl then 100 but here it is..

lvl 100 salamance

lvl 100 flygon

lvl 100 tyranitar

lvl 100 dragonite

lvl 100 swampert

lvl 47 rayquaza or lvl 100 mewtwo

is this ok?
Old 11-22-2007, 06:09 PM
Leman Offline

Send a message via AIM to Leman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draco_Burst_667 View Post
idk if its ok to have a lower lvl then 100 but here it is..

lvl 100 salamance

lvl 100 flygon

lvl 100 tyranitar

lvl 100 dragonite

lvl 100 swampert

lvl 47 rayquaza or lvl 100 mewtwo

is this ok?
Well, you can't. Nor can you post a team in this thread. Nor can you post a team without movesets, EVs, Natures, and Items. Nor can you post an In-game team. Read the rules and try again.

Done: 8680

I don't ref forum battles/1v1s. Don't PM me to ref, IM me instead.
I need to have basic battles.

I grade week old stories that are Hard rank or lower. :)

Old 06-23-2009, 12:38 AM
Jeneus Offline
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alakazam View Post
The #1 Rule for this forum:
Post teams ONLY for Netbattle / Shoddy / Other Pokemon Battling Simulators.

Do NOT post in-game or Wi-Fi teams!

RULES

1) Don't act like a moron.
===> Don't run around screaming someone's cheating for using gameshark or just act as if you have no brains. This is an intellectual forums. People have opinions. Whether or not their opinion agrees with yours are different. If someone has a different opinion, DO consider their opinion and negotiate rationally. If it comes down to flamewars, do it via PM.

2) Don't act like a smartass.
===> If someone has a different opinion from yours, one of which is a considerable idea (Eg: Tackle on Golem is NOT a considerable idea.), please do not try to prove your idea's superiority with trivial things like "OMFG YOU CANT SPEEL I WIN". Not only does it violate rule #1, it makes your argument much weaker because you seem to have problem coming up with counterclaims.
Punishment for Violation: I will edit or delete your post, depending on my mood; edits, of course, would be fun.

3) Patience
===> Are we lifeless losers around 24/7? No! So don't bump threads going "OMFG HELP ME DAMNIT" unless it's been a week and your question is not answered yet.
Punishment for Violation: I will edit or delete your post, depending on my mood. Edits, of course, would be fun things.

4) Don't double post. There's an edit button for a reason. Obvious? Yes. Followed? Not always.

5) Please post complete sets, see below for what to include in a complete movesets. If you don't post a complete moveset then we don't know exactly what you want out of a certain Pokemon, leaving many holes.

6) If you want to discuss an individual Pokemon then list everything that applies in detail, such as base stats, potential Physical and Special movepools (whichever apply), and potential items/berries that can be used.
a. Also, please don't rate teams with the intent to "edit in bold". I know you're trying to help, but it doesn't explain why the author should use your recommendation.
That's pretty much it here. Other rules regarding team posting and rating can be found on the sticky below, titled exactly that.

Other things

=> We're here to have fun, or just have intellectual debates about strategies in pokemon. This is NOT where you ask how to get thunderwave on Jolteon. This is NOT where you advertise your site. This is NOT where you come and say "That's a good team." If your comment is "Your team is good," PM The person please. Also, please use proper formatting, it's so much easier to read and will answer some questions as to why some pleas for movesets are ignored.

=> When in a debate, consider your opponent's argument before responding. Show courtesy by reading their entire post, understand their point, and then provide counterarguments. Posts violating this rule will be severely ridiculed. In other words, read everything before you start spouting out pros and cons.

=> No flaming. This rule may be violated if the victim of the flame violates rule #2. Not to mention that, in the end, you can make yourself feel real worthless.

I can be flexible...

sometimes.

Any other questions regarding rules should be posted here.
==============================================
There are many things that we should know when posting a team. We all assume that we all know these things, but some people do not (and that's olay.) In this thread, you'll find out just what 'those things' are.

First of all, only post Neo-Elite Four teams here. What I mean by "Neo Elite Four" is that you've already beaten the Elite Four, and your pokémon are completely geared towards being as powerful and as efficient as possible (rather than knowing moves like Fly and Cut to make your way through the game).

NOTE: there is a thread for Elite Four teams now, so, if you get caught asking for Elite Four teams and/or movesets then appropriate actions will be taken.

When posting your team, remember to include the following:

-which games the team is for (D/P, R/S, G/S/C, or R/B/Y)

-What pokémon it is (you may include the nickname, but make sure you list the species as well)

-what moves each pokémon knows

-what item each pokémon is holding (use the @ in front of the item)

-what characteristic each pokémon has (like Chlorophyll, Overgrow, Trace, etc.)

-what personality each pokémon has (Brave, Shy, Rash, etc.)

-What EV training it has had

In summation, use the following format:

*[Pokemon's Name]
-Item:
-Nature:
-Ability:
-EV Distribution:
-Moveset:

You don't have to use this verbatim, but just use something that makes your request easier to grant. Not to mention that it's pain to see half-arsed efforts when making movesets; it dissuades people from giving you help and you may just be forgotten due to the lack of credibility of your posts. Most of all, it's an eyesore to see something that looks like something conjured from an instant message. Also, use common sense and realize that the bold/italics/underlines are only for emphasizing my point, so don't use them!
If you decide not to make such a format then your thread will be dismissed by means of a lock. In other words, your thread will be locked!
>>>>

THINGS YOU SHOULDN'T INCLUDE IN POSTING YOUR TEAM

-your pokémon's stats
-your pokémon's level

P.S. If you deliberately post an in-game team and/or a team that looks like something conjured without effort then expect your thread to be locked without further discussion.
THANK YOU FOR THIS dude tons of people need to see this >.< i mean seruisly please consider this to people who just say there pokemon names they really need to look at this post