Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Interactive Center » Competitive Battling

Competitive Battling This board is for competitive battling discussion. Get team help or learn to play competitively.

Old 03-05-2004, 01:10 AM
Alakazam Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Alakazam
Arrow Forum Rules and Team Posting Guidelines

The #1 Rule for this forum:
Post teams ONLY for Netbattle / Shoddy / Other Pokemon Battling Simulators.

Do NOT post in-game or Wi-Fi teams!

RULES

1) Don't act like a moron.
===> Don't run around screaming someone's cheating for using gameshark or just act as if you have no brains. This is an intellectual forums. People have opinions. Whether or not their opinion agrees with yours are different. If someone has a different opinion, DO consider their opinion and negotiate rationally. If it comes down to flamewars, do it via PM.

2) Don't act like a smartass.
===> If someone has a different opinion from yours, one of which is a considerable idea (Eg: Tackle on Golem is NOT a considerable idea.), please do not try to prove your idea's superiority with trivial things like "OMFG YOU CANT SPEEL I WIN". Not only does it violate rule #1, it makes your argument much weaker because you seem to have problem coming up with counterclaims.
Punishment for Violation: I will edit or delete your post, depending on my mood; edits, of course, would be fun.

3) Patience
===> Are we lifeless losers around 24/7? No! So don't bump threads going "OMFG HELP ME DAMNIT" unless it's been a week and your question is not answered yet.
Punishment for Violation: I will edit or delete your post, depending on my mood. Edits, of course, would be fun things.

4) Don't double post. There's an edit button for a reason. Obvious? Yes. Followed? Not always.

5) Please post complete sets, see below for what to include in a complete movesets. If you don't post a complete moveset then we don't know exactly what you want out of a certain Pokemon, leaving many holes.

6) If you want to discuss an individual Pokemon then list everything that applies in detail, such as base stats, potential Physical and Special movepools (whichever apply), and potential items/berries that can be used.
a. Also, please don't rate teams with the intent to "edit in bold". I know you're trying to help, but it doesn't explain why the author should use your recommendation.
That's pretty much it here. Other rules regarding team posting and rating can be found on the sticky below, titled exactly that.

Other things

=> We're here to have fun, or just have intellectual debates about strategies in pokemon. This is NOT where you ask how to get thunderwave on Jolteon. This is NOT where you advertise your site. This is NOT where you come and say "That's a good team." If your comment is "Your team is good," PM The person please. Also, please use proper formatting, it's so much easier to read and will answer some questions as to why some pleas for movesets are ignored.

=> When in a debate, consider your opponent's argument before responding. Show courtesy by reading their entire post, understand their point, and then provide counterarguments. Posts violating this rule will be severely ridiculed. In other words, read everything before you start spouting out pros and cons.

=> No flaming. This rule may be violated if the victim of the flame violates rule #2. Not to mention that, in the end, you can make yourself feel real worthless.

I can be flexible...

sometimes.

Any other questions regarding rules should be posted here.
==============================================
There are many things that we should know when posting a team. We all assume that we all know these things, but some people do not (and that's olay.) In this thread, you'll find out just what 'those things' are.

First of all, only post Neo-Elite Four teams here. What I mean by "Neo Elite Four" is that you've already beaten the Elite Four, and your pokémon are completely geared towards being as powerful and as efficient as possible (rather than knowing moves like Fly and Cut to make your way through the game).

NOTE: there is a thread for Elite Four teams now, so, if you get caught asking for Elite Four teams and/or movesets then appropriate actions will be taken.

When posting your team, remember to include the following:

-which games the team is for (D/P, R/S, G/S/C, or R/B/Y)

-What pokémon it is (you may include the nickname, but make sure you list the species as well)

-what moves each pokémon knows

-what item each pokémon is holding (use the @ in front of the item)

-what characteristic each pokémon has (like Chlorophyll, Overgrow, Trace, etc.)

-what personality each pokémon has (Brave, Shy, Rash, etc.)

-What EV training it has had

In summation, use the following format:

*[Pokemon's Name]
-Item:
-Nature:
-Ability:
-EV Distribution:
-Moveset:

You don't have to use this verbatim, but just use something that makes your request easier to grant. Not to mention that it's pain to see half-arsed efforts when making movesets; it dissuades people from giving you help and you may just be forgotten due to the lack of credibility of your posts. Most of all, it's an eyesore to see something that looks like something conjured from an instant message. Also, use common sense and realize that the bold/italics/underlines are only for emphasizing my point, so don't use them!
If you decide not to make such a format then your thread will be dismissed by means of a lock. In other words, your thread will be locked!
>>>>

THINGS YOU SHOULDN'T INCLUDE IN POSTING YOUR TEAM

-your pokémon's stats
-your pokémon's level

P.S. If you deliberately post an in-game team and/or a team that looks like something conjured without effort then expect your thread to be locked without further discussion.
Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition.

Last edited by Ultima Boss; 08-18-2008 at 06:32 AM. Reason: Accomdating with the times
Old 03-05-2004, 01:13 AM
Alakazam Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Default Re: READ FIRST: Guidelines for posting/rating teams

RATING TEAMS

Hopefully the teams that are posted here will be rated.

-Don't just post your rating number. Offer constructive critisism, advice, suggestions, etc.

-Be nice. No one likes to have their team torn apart by others. Rates should encourage the poster of the team to continue to try to make his/her team better.

-Ask questions. Maybe the poster of the team has a strategy that you don't see at first. Just because you don't see it's use doesn't mean it does have a use.

Last edited by Ultima Boss; 12-21-2007 at 12:49 AM.
Old 03-05-2004, 01:20 AM
mlugia Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to mlugia Send a message via MSN to mlugia

you forgot a few things:

Posting Teams:
-If you're posting an RS team: DO post the personality.
-It is Advisable to post the EV training. Check gamefaqs.com for guides on EVs and such.

Rating Teams:
- Don't act stupid. Assume everyone has every freaking game out there with full compatibility unless otherwise stated by poster (Eg: Unless I tell you I can't get Fire Red moves, Do assume I have Fire red that is compatible with my current version of pokemon Ruby). Posts like "OMFG HE HAS A HYPNOSIS MISDREAVUS WHEN HE LIVES IN ENGLAND" is pointless and will only create anger and dislike towards yourself.
Old 03-05-2004, 11:53 AM
boltAge Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to boltAge

It's recommened to put the layout of your team this way. I'll just use my Jolteon as an example.

Jolteon (F) @ Leftovers ** Spick
Trait: Volt Absorb
EVs: 6 Def / 252 Spd / 252 SAtk
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Baton Pass
- Substitute
- Thunderbolt
- Wish

Spick is the nickname of my Jolteon, by the way.

If you're transferring your team from Netbattle to here, open your Team Builder, load your team then go to File > Export To Text.

Good luck, hope this helped.
Old 03-10-2004, 09:26 PM
mlugia Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Arrow Forum Rules

Apparently some people who shall remain nameless cannot stop acting inappropiately without rules, so I shall post some.

RULES

1) Don't act like a moron.
===> Don't run around screaming someone's cheating for using gameshark or just act as if you have no brains. This is an intellectual forums. People have opinions. Whether or not their opinion agrees with yours are different. If someone has a different opinion, DO consider their opinion and negotiate rationally. If it comes down to flamewars, do it via PM.

2) Don't act like a smartass.
===> If someone has a different opinion from yours, one of which is a considerable idea (Eg: Tackle on Golem is NOT a considerable idea.), please do not try to prove your idea's superiority with trivial things like "OMFG YOU CANT SPEEL I WIN". Not only does it violate rule #1, it makes your argument much weaker because you seem to have problem coming up with counterclaims.
Punishment for Violation: I will edit or delete your post, depending on my mood. Edits, of course, would be fun things.

3) Patience
===> Are we lifeless losers around 24/7? No! So don't bump threads going "OMFG HELP ME DAMNIT" unless it's been a week and your question is not answered yet.

4) Don't double post. There's an edibt button for a reason. Obvious? Yes. Followed? Not always.

That's pretty much it here. Other rules regarding team posting and rating can be found on the sticky below, titled exactly that.

Other things

=> We're here to have fun, or just have intellectual debates about strategies in pokemon. This is NOT where you ask how to get thunderwave on Jolteon. This is NOT where you advertise your site. This is NOT where you come and say "That's a good team." If your comment is "Your team is good," PM The person please.

=> When in a debate, consider your opponent's argument before responding. Show courtesy by reading their entire post, understand their point, and then provide counterarguments. Posts violating this rule will be severely ridiculed.

=> No flaming. This rule may be violated if the victim of the flame violates rule #2.

I can be flexible...

sometimes.

Any other questions regarding rules should be posted here.

Last edited by mlugia; 10-18-2004 at 06:08 PM.
Old 03-10-2004, 09:27 PM
GreenF!reR@ge Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via AIM to GreenF!reR@ge
Default Re: Forum Rules [Especially for upcoming morons]

LOL i love the rules
Old 05-12-2004, 03:25 PM
Nefarious Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 6)

Send a message via AIM to Nefarious
Default Re: Forum Rules

Hey Mulgia you forgot a rule. Don't double post. Although there is no punishment for double posting, It is better that you don't do it at all, (unless absolutely neccessary which it will never be).
Old 05-15-2004, 06:42 AM
boltAge Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to boltAge

Eh, can we have a new rule. That is to not comment on any team if you're stupid(or if you think you're stupid). Because the pros dont rate taddy much, and the noobs come and ruin another noob's team. zzz. listen or not, your choice, not that i care that much.
Old 05-15-2004, 02:21 PM
Ironshell Blastoise Offline

Send a message via AIM to Ironshell Blastoise Send a message via MSN to Ironshell Blastoise

Yes, ban idiots from rating teams...

WTF SURF AND HYDRO PUMP

*dies*
Old 07-31-2004, 09:46 PM
scorchio1158 Offline
Amateur Trainer

Talking Re: READ FIRST: Guidelines for posting/rating teams

Please rate my Ruby Team:

Altaria Lv.100
Crobat Lv.100
Metagross Lv.100
Kyogre Lv.100
Raquaza Lv.100
Deoxys Lv.100

I rule!
Old 07-31-2004, 09:53 PM
mlugia Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Please post your team as a NEW thread, and include their attacks, gender, item, trait, and if applicable, their EV distribution.
Old 10-01-2004, 06:59 PM
The End Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to The End

What if you were to rate on a scale of 13.37. I prefer 13.37 over 10.
Old 10-04-2004, 05:54 PM
SnorlaxZero Offline
New Trainer

Can you make up a team from all the versions? (like a dream team that follows the RS rules)

Old 10-04-2004, 06:04 PM
Andreas Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Andreas Send a message via MSN to Andreas

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnorlaxZero
Can you make up a team from all the versions? (like a dream team that follows the RS rules)
Yes u can =P just post it ^^

Credit goes to Pidgeot79
Old 02-17-2005, 02:22 PM
Alakazam Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Default Re: FORUM RULES And Team Posting Guidelines

Oh, and here's a rule that many people seem to be ignoring as of late, and I think it's necessary to reiterate it:

Post ONLY level 100 teams for competitive battling.

Do NOT post in-game teams!