Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Entertainment

Entertainment For non-Pokemon related discussion, talk about other TV shows, movies, music, books, sports and more!

Old 10-21-2007, 11:05 PM
Seawolf Offline
I has a stik

Send a message via AIM to Seawolf
Default Re: Wii Okami confirmed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny_C.002 View Post
lol What? It's JUST Twilight Princess that they had to beat. Seriously, Okami's way more original than TP ever is.

Well I'd say they're pretty close to being on par in terms of the amount of (note: ridiculous number) awards critics have been pilling. Don't get me wrong, but most Zelda players haven't even heard of Okami to make an accurate judgement on the two games anyway. To me I'd say Okami's more or less on par with Ocarina of Time. But whether or not it's better than TP? Most certainly from a design perspective. Heck, TP copied Okami in the whole wolf idea. XD

Jet: It's a port, but the studio Clover dissolved into wants to make Okami 2.
Well, I honestly do not remember the last time I played a game that could truly be called original. Originality is kind of a strange factor to use with games these days, since they only pop up once in a blue moon, if ever.

As for Okami, I only played ten minutes of it or so, but I do not remember much of it.
Old 10-21-2007, 11:21 PM
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Send a message via AIM to Kenny_C.002
Default Re: Wii Okami confirmed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megumi View Post
Well, I honestly do not remember the last time I played a game that could truly be called original. Originality is kind of a strange factor to use with games these days, since they only pop up once in a blue moon, if ever.

As for Okami, I only played ten minutes of it or so, but I do not remember much of it.
It depends on how you define originality as well, considering that Okami, in many people's minds, is a Zelda with that brush gimmick. As well, I can't say much about gimmicks vs. originality: where the line ends between the two. But it's also winning innovation award after innovation award as well.

I mean, Persona 3 can be considered original, but it can be called a pokemon clone of sorts, or copying H-gaming in general with the whole "choice" storyline idea. If you define original as something that defies what is seen in the mainstream, and thus will sell terribly (but still be good), then yes, both Persona 3 and Okami would be "original".