Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Role Play

Role Play Make Role Plays or join them. It's your world. Everybody else just lives in it.

Old 10-16-2007, 06:43 PM
Shade Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Default (SU) The Lord of The Rings: The War Within

Before signing up, it is advised to watch the LOTR movies to get a feel for this, if you haven't already. If you don't know anything about LOTR, trust me, you will have a tough time.

Introduction

All of Middle-Earth has been devastated by the attacks of the dark lord Sauron. His armies of orcs sweep across the lands killing everything in their path. The thing he is searching for lies in the hands of a hobbit, Frodo Bagins. The ring of power, designed to give the user ultimate and unlimited power of Middle-Earth, with it, Sauron will be able to return to his flesh and bone and cast a war over the lands, which are already in darkness. In order to stop him, Frodo must take the ring to the fires of Mount Doom, the Volcanic Mountain that lies in the heart of Mordor, the home to the eye of Sauron. Little does Frodo know, the jounrey ahead is hard and rigorous. With the help from the Fellowship, Frodo must complete his mission or face losing all of Middle-Earth. You must play a role in this story, to either help the forces of good or the forces of evil complete their quest to defeat the other. Your character's actions will change the course of the story, to end with a different ending....

Your Character
Your character is important. The side you choose will either help Middle-Earth or destroy it. The story is taking place at the time Frodo and the Fellowship set off from Rivendell. You must choose between the following species:

Humans
The humans of Middle-Earth are who to blame for the loss of the ring and the continuation of the war. Because of his stubborness and greed for power, Isildur, heir to the throne of Gondor, kept the ring when he could have destroyed it. If you choose the path of a Human, you will face a world of pain and temptation, you must stick to your side, defend your country, or live in a world of pain, with your goal to kill the forces of good. Forces of Light AND Dark Available.

Elves
The most humble of all creatures in Middle-Earth. Their pride gets the better of them at points, but they are superior to any human. Being swift and agile, they can turn around a battle in no time. Forces of Light only.

Dwarves
Small, fat, and ugly. Many people think them as that. But their strength shuts any criticism up. Their power to wield an Axe is great. Although they are slow, Dwarves made a huge difference in past battles. Forces of Light only.

Hobbits
Not the type who fight in battles and wars. They are excellent cooks and have the power to heal and tend to the wounded. Like Frodo Bagins, the fate of the world rests on their shoulders. Forces of Light only.

Orcs, Uruk-Hai, Goblins, Trolls
The evil, smelling creatures that serve Sauron. Orcs are small and fast. They are the main component of the army in the Forces of Dark. Uruk-Hai are strong, faster, and smarter than Orcs. They are superior to Humans, but are the same matches to Elves, for they are Elves themselves, turned and twisted into darkness. Goblins are little creatures who are excellent in stealth and stealing things. Alone, they prove not a problem, but in numbers, they are strong. Trolls are the largest, ugliest creatures fighting in this war. They are big, and stupid. They are rarely seen in regular battle, mostly used for taking down walls and such. They can lift heavy objects and wield huge swords and axes, big enough to take out 10 soldiers in one swing. Forces of Dark only.

Main characters such as Aragorn, Legolas, and Frodo are NPC's. They travel on their own, but can be controlled at times when necessary.

Events
  • Events like the battle of Helm's Deep DO take place, but they can be changed if you wish.
  • You can make them take place, if you wish, but the Fellowship will follow their original path in the movies, unless you change it.
  • You cannot however, take the ring from Frodo unless your an enemy. If the ring is destroyed, or given to Sauron, the story is not over, you can still defeat the enemy.
  • Events will happen at random, like the Battle of Minas Tirith will be announced by myself. I will let everyone know where the Fellowship is occasionally. But that is only available to the Forces of Light, so they know where to reach the Fellowship.

Killing/Death
  • You may kill another RP'er, if done so realistically and fairly. Your enemy must have time to respond in a post as well.
  • You also can kill a NPC, if also done fairly. However, they are stronger than you alone, for example, if you came up against Aragorn, you would probably die. So trying to kill NPC's is not wise.
  • The only one character that you CANNOT kill is Frodo. He is a main aspect in the story and can only be captured. He can be killed after Sauron has the ring, but not before.
  • Some characters like Sauron, who is alive only in spirit form with his eye, can't be destroyed unless the ring is destroyed.
  • If you are killed in the RP, you cannot return as that same character. You can sign up again as another character, but there are no resurections. You are allowed a maximum of 2 characters, so if you lose both, you cannot return in the RP.

Rules
  • No Spamming, Double Posting, ect.
  • Use proper grammar, and be specific in all of your posts.
  • Use detail, don't just post a few words when traveling, explain the environment, ect.
  • Follow basic Rules of Role Playing.
  • Be kind, and fair to other RP'ers.
  • Don't think your invincible, you are mortal and can be killed. So no over-killing. (Destroying everything and everyone alone).
  • HAVE FUN!

Map of Middle-Earth
The image of Middle-Earth is too large, this is the most basic form of the map I could find, so use this link for reference:

Map of Middle-Earth

Signing-Up
Application Form:
Name (RP Character):

Species (Human, Orc, Uruk-Hai, Elf):

Background (Give a brief description of your character):

Physical Markings (Scars, eye color, ect.):

Forces of Light OR Forces of Evil (Depending on your character):

The CAST:
Forces of Light
-Marik (Elf) [Played by: Shade]
-Zarshi (Elf) [Played by: Tyrell321]
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

Forces of Dark
-Benthorn (Human) [Played by: Ace123456789]
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

Note:There is a limit to how many species are on each side. There can be no more that 5 of the same species on one side. For example, there must be at least 15 people on each side, no more than 5 of those players can be an Elf. Depending on your character's alignment/species, you will start out in different areas all over Middle-Earth.

Banner made by Shade
[Vpp Stats]
[The Cycle: Battle Kanto]

Last edited by Shade; 10-18-2007 at 03:51 AM.
Old 10-16-2007, 07:35 PM
Lonliness Offline

Default Re: The Lord of The Rings: The War Within

Name: Zarshi

Species: Elf

Background: Zarshi has the same elf ears like all elves. He wears rogue cloths, but they are purple and red. His shoes are brownish colored. His rogue pants is darkish red. He has a sleevless top that is dark purple,but it looks like its black. He has normal blue eyes, his hair is a long blondish color that falls down his spine. He has a earing at the point of his left ear.

Physical Signs: He has a huge scar that goes across his face that he got from battle. His left blue eye is actually red not blue, but red.

Forces of Light or Forces of Evil: Forces of Light

Last edited by Lonliness; 10-16-2007 at 07:49 PM.
Old 10-16-2007, 07:47 PM
Shade Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Default Re: The Lord of The Rings: The War Within

My Application:
Name: Marik

Species: Elf

Background: I am a descendant of the first elves on Middle-Earth. I am the son of Elrond, lord over Rivendell, who left me in the hands of the elves in Lothlorien, who taught me military skill and trained me in my physique and speed. My sister Arwen, doesn not know I exist, but in Middle-Earth's time of need, I must show myself to protect everyone against the Forces of Dark.

Physical Markings: I am strong, swift and intimidating. My eyes are bright green, and a tatoo marking on my right bicep, distinguishing myself as an elf in battle. It is a symbol of peace, with a sword, aze, and arrow crossing each other, showing that all Dwarves, Humans, and Elves must unite as one to defeat Sauron.

Forces of Light

Banner made by Shade
[Vpp Stats]
Old 10-17-2007, 06:31 AM
Ace123456789 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Ace123456789
Default Re: (SU) The Lord of The Rings: The War Within

Name (RP Character):Benthorn

Species (Human, Orc, Uruk-Hai, Elf):Human

Background (Give a brief description of your character):I have never met my birth parents, they were killed by Orcs... Orphaned by King Theoden of Rohan before Sauroman corrupted his mind. During Theoden's time of darkness, I was banished from not only my one true family, but the kingdom itself. I have placed revenge on all of those of Middle Earth. Forsaking me was the last thing they should have done...

Physical Markings (Scars, eye color, ect.):Crescent (moon) shaped birthmark on my right hand. Dark brown eyes. Rugged beard. Similar to Aragorn but much younger...

Forces of Light OR Forces of Evil (Depending on your character): Undecided (Hate Orcs for the killing of my parents; hates humans for banishing me..)

Last edited by Ace123456789; 10-17-2007 at 01:45 PM.
Old 10-17-2007, 11:52 PM
Shade Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Well done you two, tell more people about this, and Ace, I'm going to put you on the Light Side, it would be better anyway. Your not corrupt yourself, therefore, your not evil.

Banner made by Shade
[Vpp Stats]
Old 10-18-2007, 02:25 AM
Ace123456789 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

I'd rather just be neutral for now...
It's kinda the premise of my character.
Old 10-18-2007, 02:35 AM
Shade Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Alright, so like a freelancer? Well, theres no side for that, so can you please pick one? I'll put you on the Forces Of Light for now, but I understand you hate both sides.

Banner made by Shade
[Vpp Stats]
Old 10-18-2007, 02:59 AM
Ace123456789 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Just put me on Dark for now. Since the banishment from Theoden was most recent, I'm on the prowl for the Fellowship and their allies for revenge...

EDIT: BTW, more will be revealed about the crescent birth mark on his hand later on...
(I've been thinking about this character for quite some time. xD

Last edited by Ace123456789; 10-18-2007 at 03:10 AM.
Old 10-18-2007, 03:49 AM
Shade Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Alright Ace. But tell your clan about this RP, spread the word, I wanna start it soon.

Banner made by Shade
[Vpp Stats]
Old 10-18-2007, 07:55 PM
Kaioo Offline

Send a message via AIM to Kaioo

Name (RP Character): Kyle Darklight

Species (Human, Orc, Uruk-Hai, Elf): Human

Background (Give a brief description of your character): Kyle is a warrior from Gondor. He despises Orcs, Uruk-Hai and enemies of Gondor. He also doesn't like Elves that much.

Physical Markings (Scars, eye color, ect.): Has a scar running from his right eye, all the way down to his left arm. His eye color is Black.

Forces of Light OR Forces of Evil (Depending on your character): Forces of light

Credit to Neo Pikachu for the avatar.
Old 10-19-2007, 12:04 AM
Shade Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Kaioo, from recent experience with you in an RP, give me one, good reason why I should accept you.

Banner made by Shade
[Vpp Stats]
Old 10-19-2007, 12:44 AM
Lord Celebi Offline
Zhu-Quiao

Send a message via AIM to Lord Celebi Send a message via Skype™ to Lord Celebi

Ooh, just what I need after Binge playing Battle for Middle Earth II.

Name (RP Character): Raidon Makoto
Species: Uruk-Hai
Background (Give a brief description of your character): Dark Skin, with the symbol of the white hand painted onto Raidon's chest and arms. He wears armor scavenged from the lands of the dwarves. Said armor has been adorned with spikes on the sides, while he wields a large Uruk blade.

He was born an elf in the lands of Mirkwood, and excelled at archery. When Wormtongue had led a campaign into Mirkwood many years after Bilbo Baggins found the One Ring, he was corrupted by Wormtongue's words and became a servant of Saruman. Now, as Saruman increases the army of Isengard, Raidon, one of the top Isengard Generals, along with Lurtz and Sharku, prepare for war with the West.
Physical Markings (Scars, eye color, ect.): N/A
Forces of Light OR Forces of Evil (Depending on your character): Forces of Evil

Don't know how active I will be. I'm still grounded >_>
Old 10-19-2007, 10:19 PM
Shade Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Very good rust, your accepted, obviously, since I see your a mod here, good job.

Banner made by Shade
[Vpp Stats]
Old 10-20-2007, 12:21 AM
Lord Celebi Offline
Zhu-Quiao

Send a message via AIM to Lord Celebi Send a message via Skype™ to Lord Celebi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade View Post
Very good rust, your accepted, obviously, since I see your a mod here, good job.
You don't have to accept me automatically just because I'm a mod. When I'm RPing, I'm a RPer just like everyone else...

Anyways, thanks though :D
Old 10-21-2007, 04:38 AM
Shade Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Thats not what I meant really...

Banner made by Shade
[Vpp Stats]