Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Games » Other Pokemon Games

Other Pokemon Games Discuss all Pokemon spin-off games here, including Pokemon Ranger, Mystery Dungeon, Pinball, Colosseum, XD, Stadium, Snap, Super Smash Bros., Hey You Pikachu!, Battle Revolution and PokePark Wii.

Old 03-20-2004, 09:55 PM
Shining Arcanine Offline
New Trainer

Default Re: Colosseum graphics suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by kholdstaire
Never said I wanted them real, just better.

"And Pokemon is mainly focused on kids, I don't think a lot of kids care if they have good graphics or not. All they know is that its a Pokemon game coming out for Gamecube... so its got to be good."

That statement is sadly true. ;[

And I seriously don't think the GC has that little memory to make them a little less pixelated. Even so, they got enough shiz out, not like they couldn't make an Expansion Pack for the Gamecube. I do believe PS2 got it or is getting their upgrade soon, or so I've heard. Anyone want to prove me right or wrong?
Nintendo makes Pokemon for everyone.

Edit: GCN has an ATI Radeon 8500 while the PS2 has some almost unknown graphics chip. The ATI Radeon 8500's specs can be found here:

http://www.ati.com/products/radeon85...128/specs.html

It is still a very powerful graphics chip today. GCN really doesn't need an expansion card nor does it have the capability to recieve one. PS2 with its inferior graphics solution can use any boost it can get.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomDesire
for 386 3D pokemon I think it's a good job. As far as I am concerned It's not a James Bond game or anything so the graphics dont have to look that awesome. For me collesium is suppose to give me some pokemon fun for the few months while I am waiting for FR/LG.
They have an actual human being and weapons to base the graphics off of, with pokemon it is slightly difference.

Last edited by Shining Arcanine; 03-20-2004 at 10:00 PM.
Old 03-21-2004, 10:14 PM
Jirachi Offline
Experienced Trainer

I think they are great.This is the first time nintendo put Pokemon from Ruby and Sapphire on the big screen.
Old 03-22-2004, 12:37 AM
Absol-charmander 13 Offline
New Trainer

I agree with kholdstaire, colosseum's graphics aren't the best. they are kind of choppy. The wind wakers graphics (cel shaded) I thought were absolutely great graphics that was for one of the greatest games. In cel shaded, its clear and you can see all the partical effects. Its really cool, too. I don't know if cel shaded would go with pokemon, but I can't see why not either. All i'm really judging is if the game is going to be the best pokemon game ever (so far), or n0t. I'm sure its going to be a great game, but i don't know about the best pokemon game ever.

)))))))CURRENTLY PLAYING(((((((
Ninja Gaiden, Shadow Ops: Red Mercury, splinter cell: Pandora Tomorrow (XBOX)
NFS: Underground(PS2)
the legend of zelda: collectors edition, Resident evil zero(Gamecube)
Pokemon fire red(gba)

(zelda rocks too)
Old 03-22-2004, 08:41 PM
Ironshell Blastoise Offline

Send a message via AIM to Ironshell Blastoise Send a message via MSN to Ironshell Blastoise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jirachi
I think they are great.This is the first time nintendo put Pokemon from Ruby and Sapphire on the big screen.
Naw, ya think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absol-Charmander 13
I agree with kholdstaire, colosseum's graphics aren't the best. they are kind of choppy. The wind wakers graphics (cel shaded) I thought were absolutely great graphics that was for one of the greatest games. In cel shaded, its clear and you can see all the partical effects. Its really cool, too. I don't know if cel shaded would go with pokemon, but I can't see why not either. All i'm really judging is if the game is going to be the best pokemon game ever (so far), or n0t. I'm sure its going to be a great game, but i don't know about the best pokemon game ever
Eh, there is no BEST game. The Colosseum/Stadium games will never be the best, because the AI is incredibly stupid, and the rental Pokemon all suck. There is no real RPG elements, and very few strategic elements, other than type choosing, because the movesets the rentals get don't match their stats half the time.

From my time playing RuSa and FrLg, they have lots of good ideas, but its all to complicated for the simple minds that play them. It takes a lot of determination to get the perfect stats, and it doesn't really matter when the kids that play the games think their level 100 Blastoise with Surf, Hydro Pump, Ice Beam, and Blizzard is the best. Thats not strategy, just sheer overpowering stats. The games don't require a lot of skill, just time. Now, playing against other people is where the strategy really comes out. Don't get me wrong, I like the game, but the real challenge is playing against other people. I guess from my time playing online, playing an AI is just too inferior compared to a real person. I wish Nintendo would add difficulty settings when you start your file.

Last edited by Ironshell Blastoise; 03-22-2004 at 08:46 PM.
Old 03-22-2004, 10:18 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shael
Cell shading may be more complex and all to make the game look like they made more effort, but keep in mind that some people (like me) don't LIKE cell shading =/

I do agree with you that they could've done a bit of improvement =)
I really hate the way cell shading is done, I never brought WW because of it. I want games to look as realistic as possible, none of this fake cartoon crap Nintendo keeps throwing in our faces with WW.

And Shining Arcanine is right, JPEG's make great thumbnail pics but not much else besides that. Don't judge the game until you've actually played it.

Old 03-22-2004, 10:23 PM
Black Knight Offline
New Trainer

The graphics look pretty good to me!
Old 03-22-2004, 10:45 PM
GreenF!reR@ge Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via AIM to GreenF!reR@ge
Angry Re: Colosseum graphics suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by kholdstaire
Come on now, Nintendo. Your biggest franchise and the graphics are barely above N64 level. Give me more lovely cell-shading like Windwaker.

Anyone else think the graphics suck?
Are you out of your Friggen mind?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! There're great! Maybe thats your oppinon but I think there're great
Old 03-22-2004, 11:46 PM

Send a message via AIM to Ironshell Blastoise Send a message via MSN to Ironshell Blastoise

Because Nintendo has more 8-12 year olds playing, it only seems fitting to have cartoon-esq type graphics for a game directed towards them. Not only is it clean, but despite what many of you think, cell shading blew my mind when I played it. Don't get me wrong, its not the best form of graphics for a game (Halo still has some of the best graphics for any game...same goes for DOA 3 and Soul Calibur 2). Cel Shading would just be more fitting for this type of game.
Old 03-22-2004, 11:58 PM
New_York_Groudon Offline
New Trainer

Send a message via AIM to New_York_Groudon Send a message via MSN to New_York_Groudon
Angry Re: Colosseum graphics suck

I agree they SUCK BIG TIME ! And also i love gmes like this but if Nintedo keeps making games like this well i just might never buy a Colosseum game Again so if nintendo makes Colosseum 2 it should have cell shading or better.
Old 03-23-2004, 12:15 AM

I personally think Nintendo should try centering Pokemon around a slightly older audience. Make it more serious and less cute. I know plenty of people who would rather see ferocity than cute shizzle. Lots of the munsters would look a lot better if they weren't so "cute". I think Nintendo would do well with directing some of their Pokemon games to an older audience.
Old 03-23-2004, 12:25 AM
Suicune Offline
Amateur Trainer

I think the graphics are okay. SOME of the new pokemon are gamecube graphics. In stadium 1 and 2 the graphics were the best on N64. All the pokemon in stadium one and 2 look the exact same and they arent in good gamecube graphics. Rayquaza for example is in gamecube grapghics and looks cool while Exploud looks like crap! I also think the trainers are in HORRID graphics. But I think the colosseums are in tight graphics.

JUST MY OWN OPINION!
Old 03-23-2004, 04:46 AM
Jirachi Offline
Experienced Trainer

I got a idea.Lets just stop saying it is bad or it is good and think about your opinon.
Old 03-23-2004, 09:00 PM

The point of posting is to put out your opinion so people can see what others think.
Old 03-24-2004, 02:55 AM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga

I just got the game today, and I think the graphics are great, its a huge improvement over the Stadium games, even though you don't think so. It's nearly impossible to see jagged edges in the modeling without looking extremely close. And since the camera most of the time pans around the battle from a distance, you'll almost never notice it.

And if you still don't like them, nothing is stopping you from designing your own Pokemon or trainers in 3D. Why don't you whip 3D Studio Max and see if you can do it better? Do that for every Pokemon and trainer fifty times over.

Bottom line, don't complain about it unless you can do it better yourself. That goes with everything in life.

Old 03-24-2004, 03:56 AM
pokemon fan Offline
Experienced Trainer

Send a message via AIM to pokemon fan
Exclamation Re: Colosseum graphics suck

Ok guys calm down about the graphics its not that bad