Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  
 

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: General Board

Pokemon: General Board General discussion about Pokemon in general. If the topic of your thread does not fall into the subjects in the other boards, post it there. In other words, everything else belongs here if it doesn't have a board of its own.


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 10-08-2007, 12:30 AM
Gingi's Avatar
Gingi Offline
New Trainer
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 4
Question Electric/Fire Question

I'm not really sure about the advantages and disadvantages that balance between the Fire-type/Electric-type. Currently it appears to me as each is particularly strong against the other, but that doesn't make much sense. So help me.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-08-2007, 12:37 AM
Phantom Kat's Avatar
Phantom Kat Offline
ˇCon ganas!
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In my strretchy pants
Posts: 5,018
Send a message via AIM to Phantom Kat Send a message via MSN to Phantom Kat
Default Re: Electric/Fire Question

Sorry, wrong part of the forum. This goes in the Pokemon General

Also, for future reference, you are now allowed to post in somebody's URPG story unless you're a grader even if you know the author. If you want to send them feedback, use the sticky thread or PM them. :)

- Kat
__________________

(Banner by the epic Neo Pikachu) TAC Challenge: I'm learning Finnish! ^-^

My Author Profile | URPG Stats | Kat x Bryce

Last edited by Phantom Kat; 10-08-2007 at 12:42 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-08-2007, 12:46 AM
EmBreon's Avatar
EmBreon Offline
Killjoy
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: <insert funny>
Posts: 4,492
Send a message via AIM to EmBreon Send a message via MSN to EmBreon
Default Re: Electric/Fire Question

Fire and Electric types have no special effects on each other. It may seem that way if you are fighting a dual-type, e.g. a Raichu vs. Charizard, but that is only because Electric moves would have SE on the Flying portion.

Electric has 2x effectiveness over: Water and Flying
.5x effectiveness over: Electric, Grass, and Dragon
And no effectiveness against: Ground

Fire has 2x effectiveness over: Grass, Ice, Bug, and Steel
.5x effectiveness over: Fire, Water, Rock, and Dragon

SE Types against Fire: Water, Ground, Rock
SE Types against Electric: Ground

Hopefully that clears everything up.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-08-2007, 01:10 AM
Gingi's Avatar
Gingi Offline
New Trainer
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 4
Default Re: Electric/Fire Question

Gosh, thanks about the Fire/Electric tip-off. But I haven't been in a Raichu vs. Charizard battle. I was really talking more of a Blazikan vs. Magneton type of thing.

Oh, and about posting in someone else's forums, I would have posted even if I hadn't known Bumbeak. It's not knowing Bumbeak that made me actually want to post, I just really liked the story. I won't post in another's URPG Pokemon Capture Story from now until I become a grader. (Hey, it was my first post. I couldn't find the Rules for URPG anyway, so I started from scratch. Even if it does say in the Rules that you can't post in someone else's URPG I couldn't have read it because it's nowhere to be found!!!)
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-08-2007, 01:48 AM
EmBreon's Avatar
EmBreon Offline
Killjoy
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: <insert funny>
Posts: 4,492
Send a message via AIM to EmBreon Send a message via MSN to EmBreon
Default Re: Electric/Fire Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingi View Post
Gosh, thanks about the Fire/Electric tip-off. But I haven't been in a Raichu vs. Charizard battle. I was really talking more of a Blazikan vs. Magneton type of thing.
That's because Fire has SE against Steel.

Quote:
Oh, and about posting in someone else's forums, I would have posted even if I hadn't known Bumbeak. It's not knowing Bumbeak that made me actually want to post, I just really liked the story. I won't post in another's URPG Pokemon Capture Story from now until I become a grader. (Hey, it was my first post. I couldn't find the Rules for URPG anyway, so I started from scratch. Even if it does say in the Rules that you can't post in someone else's URPG I couldn't have read it because it's nowhere to be found!!!)
URPG Rules

URPG Story Guideline
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-10-2007, 04:32 PM
Pickleboy's Avatar
Pickleboy Offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: In a local grocery store near you!
Posts: 973
Default Re: Electric/Fire Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingi View Post
I'm not really sure about the advantages and disadvantages that balance between the Fire-type/Electric-type. Currently it appears to me as each is particularly strong against the other, but that doesn't make much sense. So help me.
Fire and Electric are nuetral towards each other. They have no advantage or disadvantage against one another. Duel-typing is different, but pure-types are neutral.
__________________
First place winner of the Keldeo Sketchbook!
White 2 FC: 3912-5346-0084
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:09 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Style Design: AlienSector.com