Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Entertainment

Entertainment For non-Pokemon related discussion, talk about other TV shows, movies, music, books, sports and more!

Old 10-07-2007, 06:33 PM
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Send a message via AIM to Kenny_C.002
Default Re: Xbox 360

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callum View Post
On the basis of actually HAVING FUN, and not technicality, I'd say my 360 was well worth the buy. I don't play it as much as I'd like to, but when I do I thoroughly enjoy it. It is enjoyable playing on your own, or with a group of friends or family. I disagree with what you said about catering to a single market. My whole family enjoys such games as Halo 3, and GH2. When you see my nan rocking out on GH2, that's something else. =P

My thoughts - Worth the buy. :D
And the general populace don't give the 360 a spin, and would rather play Wii Sports, on the basis of having fun, of course. The 360 was DESIGNED for the 18-~30 crowd, who are "hardcore". Specifically speaking, the 360 was made with FPS as the first thing in mind. And again, I must stress that what you need to use for comparisons in the games department is simply exclusives. As long as GH2 is multiplatform, it is NOT a reason to get a 360 for it, since everybody already has it on the PS2. Halo 3 was designed not as a family game, but rather a game with its entire basis on the "hardcore" market. You and I both know that. Don't use a single case study to generalize, ever, under my jurisdiction.

My thoughts: if one wants to have fun with your family, Wii kicks the living daylights out of the 360, hands down, no questions asked. If that isn't in that person's mind at all, the other 2 systems would be worth a look. When that is the case, that person would have to look at what types of games he/she wants to play, and whether or not he/she feels the higher price of the 360 in the long term is justified in comparison to the PS3's higher price in the short term. Yes, money is a factor for many people, even with fun in mind.

The major point is really simply whether you like games from the East (PS3) or games from the West (360), and the genres such as FPS (360) or RPG (PS3). As I said, I don't like the fact that I'll eventually have to get both systems in the future, but at least I feel better getting more value from the PS3, as a personal opinion. My opinions will sway toward the console that gets Idolm@ster localized first, as previously stated (hurray for fanboyism).

Edit: A new bundle's coming out for the 360: Forza AND Marvel Ultimate Alliance at the same price as the other bundles. Might as well wait for that if you're getting it. No word on whether the new bundle will have the falcon chips though.

Last edited by Kenny_C.002; 10-08-2007 at 03:17 PM.
Old 10-15-2007, 03:15 AM
Volvagia Master Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via MSN to Volvagia Master

Get a 360.

Why? A large variety of games, good amount of system memory and that jazz. But get these games for it:

Blue Dragon, Halo 3, Elder 4: Oblivion and Bioshock.
Seeing as Resident Evil 5 wont come out till next year Bioshock is your best bet. Halo 3 is awesome if a bit short. Blue Dragon is basically a modified version of FF6. Had everything that makes a RPG excellent and Oblivion is also amazing but the storyline could have been better.

Thanks Neo Pikachu for the amazing banner!

Next story: When Pichu evolves.
Current forum Battles: 0
URPG Stats URPG Story
"The saints are still weeping, cos things you call dead haven't had a chance to be born." Scatman John
Official Pokémon Master.
Obtained all 493 Pokémon.
Old 10-16-2007, 11:13 PM
Tamer Marco Offline
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Tamer Marco Send a message via AIM to Tamer Marco Send a message via MSN to Tamer Marco Send a message via Yahoo to Tamer Marco

Well, one of the major reasons why Bioshock is generally better percived better is because of a few reasons, that are justifiable, but easily countered.

-Despite it having multiplayer, what Bioshock does in the single-player campaign is signifigantly better than Halo 3's campaign.

-Bioshock blurs the line a bit between FPS and RPG genres.

-It isn't a trilogy, and doesn't truly have the backing and support of a multi-billion dollar company we all know as Microsoft.

If you want to put it as plainly as possible, Bioshock had more quality, where Halo 3 had more quantity with the multiplayer aspect.

Don't get me wrong, they're both awesome games, but there are others that will be better than both of them.

GTA
MGS
Crysis
COD4
Mass Effect

And...Orange Box has five games for 60 bucks... you can't beat that. Also, I hope none of you have forgotten Assassin's Creed. :P

Last edited by Tamer Marco; 10-16-2007 at 11:15 PM.
Old 10-17-2007, 02:48 AM
Hypocrisy is Fun Offline

Send a message via AIM to Hypocrisy is Fun

COD4 is the only other FPS you have on there. And it's going to suck. :|

Stop with the genre comparing. :[
Old 10-17-2007, 03:15 AM
Tamer Marco Offline
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Tamer Marco Send a message via AIM to Tamer Marco Send a message via MSN to Tamer Marco Send a message via Yahoo to Tamer Marco

lol

Orange Box has 3 shooters in it, and you could consider MGS4 an FPS once you get into an alert phase. :P

But Call Of Duty 4 seems really intense on all fronts, even multiplayer. I could see it surpass Halo in terms of story and gameplay.
Old 10-17-2007, 03:34 AM
Hypocrisy is Fun Offline

The orange box is filled with old orange games.

COD is just generic, it's game play is exciting but it's just modern warfare. Personally, you know I wanted another WWII game. It'll never have the same feel or excitement the Halo universe has. It's futuristic and has a lot of very new feels to it that no other game has touched.
Old 10-17-2007, 03:46 AM
Tamer Marco Offline
Banned

If I shot another Nazi, I swear to God I was gonna destroy my game controller.

I think Modern Warfare is a big step (and risky) change for the series, but it was really for the better of it. The majority of people wanted to have their cake and eat it too- keep playing World War II games, while getting Modern Warfare from somewhere else.

In a term of feeling the story, you're right. Nobody has touched Halo- in the FPS genre. If COD4 is generic, then you could say the same for Ghost Recon. Remember, it isn't out yet, every detail hasn't been leaked, and it'll have some awesome gameplay.
Old 10-17-2007, 03:59 AM
OrexxerO Offline
Master Trainer

COD4 looks fine to me. I probably won't get it, because it still looks like the other CoD's in terms of graphics and gameplay. Thats why I got sick of the COD games. All in World War 2, and all generally the same.

Last edited by Kenny_C.002; 10-19-2007 at 04:42 AM.
Old 10-17-2007, 04:23 AM
Hypocrisy is Fun Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamer Marco View Post
If I shot another Nazi, I swear to God I was gonna destroy my game controller.

I think Modern Warfare is a big step (and risky) change for the series, but it was really for the better of it. The majority of people wanted to have their cake and eat it too- keep playing World War II games, while getting Modern Warfare from somewhere else.

In a term of feeling the story, you're right. Nobody has touched Halo- in the FPS genre. If COD4 is generic, then you could say the same for Ghost Recon. Remember, it isn't out yet, every detail hasn't been leaked, and it'll have some awesome gameplay.
Personally, I'm not into any real modern warfare because it's just... Uninteresting. Theres nothing in it that really stands out, because it's really hard to pull off a story and environment that's supposed to take place in the near future. Counter-Strike is my only exception to this.