Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Role Play

Role Play Make Role Plays or join them. It's your world. Everybody else just lives in it.

Old 10-04-2007, 01:37 AM
Xlugon Pyro Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Xlugon Pyro
Default [SU] AQC: Book I, Water

The Quintet Chronicles

Book I, Water

Fellow fans of Avatar, The Last Airbender, unite! There are never any Avatar RPs here, and I decided to make one. And by make one, I mean a good one. For those who have the urge to play characters like Zuko, Aang, Azula, or others, you'll be dissapointed. This RP takes place roughly 300 years after Aang destroys Fire Lord Ozai. Around 210 years ago, Aang died, and the line of the Air Nomads is forever extinct. The line continues through the element of water, and then 125 years ago, the earth line of the avatar began, and at 40 years ago, the element of fire finally obtained possession of the avatar cycle. The Fire Nation was highly industrialized now, and by the death of the earth avatar, the Fire Nation began to rapidly increase its military power. Born to the Fire Lord, the prince, the avatar born of fire was raised in the ideals of war and nationalism for the Fire Nation. However, during his adolescent years, the young avatar was torn between serving the Fire Nation or defending the world from darkness. In his own cruelty, the avatar killed his father and reigned as the new Fire Lord. The Avatar, once seen as the defender of world peace, is now the ultimate instrument of destruction.

However, the spirit world saw the depravity of this avatar. It became clear to the reincarnations that one single person to become the avatar wasn't an option. They had to act, and the sacrifice would be great. Using the avatar powers of the reincarnations, 5 new avatar spirits were created and sent to inhabit newborns. However, this act would forever end the avatar cycle. The only way for it to be rebuilt is to destroy the original carrier of the avatar line, the Fire Lord. However, these new 5 avatars, still only adolescents, must not die until this act is done. If any of them die before the Fire Lord dies, the avatar cycle will never be repaired, and the existence of avatars will end. However, airbenders aren't the only extinct breed of benders. Waterbenders, too, have gone extinct, with the exception of two people, the Fire Lord, and one of the avatar quintets, the only survivor of the Southern Water Tribe.

About 35 years ago, the Fire Nation declared war on the Northern Water Tribe. However, being allies with the South Tribe and the Earth Kingdom, the Fire Nation had to destroy the tribes quickly. The Northern Water Tribe was a prosperous region with a navy second only to the Southern Tribe's navy. Despite reinforcement from the Earth Kingdom, the capitol was quickly rushed and destroyed, and the North Tribe fell. However, their victory would not be celebrated, as the infant of the tribe chieftan, the first born of the avatar quintets, entered the avatar state and demolished the entire war fleet, and any surviving water or earth troops. The Southern Tribe was too slow, but now it had the advantage as it, along with the Earth Kingdom, held out the Fire Navy midsea. A military invasion for the Fire Nation capitol was planned, and the walls were breached. Just when it seemed the Fire Nation's vain attempt to conquer the world was to end, the unbelievable happened. Sozin's comet returned. The Fire Nation had planned this moment. In a fiery battle, thousands of naval fleets were crushed by the Fire Nation. Not only that, the Fire Navy stormed the Earth and South Tribe Naval blockade and used the power of Sozin's comet to invade the Southern Tribe.

However, treachery had occured. The prince assassinated his father using the strength of the comet and took up arms as the Fire Nation's Fire Lord and the avatar. With his rule, 15 years ago, the Southern Tribe is invaded. In 3 short years, the tribe is decimated, however, by now, word of the avatar quintets began to spring up, and the child avatar of the Southern Tribe would end up being the only hope for the other avatars to learn waterbending. This vain effort to destoy the water tribes worked, but the casualties were greater than expected. Both the Earth and Fire naval forces were shrunk to nearly nothing. For the next 12 years, the war would be nothing but a cold war, closely watching the enemy. Both nations were building up their military. It's just the Earth Kingdom and the Fire Nation now. However, a new big problem arose for the Fire Nation. The avatar quintets are now all huddled safely in the Earth Kingdom. If they weren't stopped soon, these children could be the end of the Fire Nation. However, the Fire Nation was fortunate to obtain one of the quintets, and none other than the daughter of the Fire Lord himself born with the powers of an avatar.

The Fire Lord will not be playable in this RP, however the quintets will need to be filled before the RP can start. If you want to be one, you must show exceptional skill at it, knowledge of the show, and follow the guidelines for the position you pick below. For the RP, there will need to be a minimum of 2 boy and 2 girl quintets. I already will play a female quintet, so that leaves us needing 1 more girl avatar, plus 2 boys and the last one can choose either boy or girl.

Also, there are certain age requirements for each character. The youngest quintet, me, will be 15. The oldest, the north tribe quintet, would be in the mid 20s, right when the north tribe lost the war. Every other quintet must be older than 15 but younger than the north tribe quintet. While the earth quintets can choose from anywhere in this range, the south tribe quintet must be atleast 20 so he or she would have enough time to learn waterbending (5 years isn't much time).

Fire Lord's Heir
<TAKEN> Xlugon Pyro

{5th Born Quintet}
Raised by the Fire Lord, the original avatar and the Fire Lord, he is very demanding of the child and urges obedience and dedication to the Fire Nations efforts by the kid. However the Fire Templars, a nearly extinct group of fire bending priests who wanted to show her what the war is really about, educated the child on the past crimes of the Fire Nation. Torn between two paths, whether to heed the Templars and flee to the Earth Kingdom or to remain and share power over the Fire Nation's dark advances, this character has a tough decision ahead. She only knows firebending, and her skills are sub-par at it.

Southern Water Survivor
<TAKEN> Mewchirio

{2nd Water Born Quintet}
Born as a commoner to the Southern Tribe, you were soon taken in by the Southern Tribe Templars once they were alerted by the spirits that you were an avatar. You quickly became skilled in waterbending, but when you were young, the templars had to send you to the Earth Kingdom for shelter incase the Southern Tribe would fall to war. You're the last of your tribe and the only person besides the Fire Lord that knows water bending. You probably hold a grudge against the Fire Nation for destroying your people, but that is up to you. The question now is, what are your responsabilities as one of the five avatar quintets? Your waterbending skills are decent, but need improvement. All you have left are the ancient waterbending scrolls gifted to you.

Omashu Commoner Kid
<TAKEN> Eeveeking929

{Earth Born Quintet}
Your family is a bunch of commoners. At a young age, the Omashu Templars take you in after discovering you were one of the quintets mentioned by the spirits. Since Omashu is far away from the pressures of war, your life is rather peaceful here, but you're very busy balancing your education, family work, and training in earthbending. You're probably a well balanced individual with a loving family and a father out at war. However, the templars now tell you to seek out the other quintet, the one who knows waterbending. You are guided north to the West Earth Kingdom Military Base where you'll meet the other quintets and where you'll recieve orders from the military. Lets hope all that training payed off. You're a pretty good earthbender, but you're no master, and you're a long ways away from learning to bend metal.

Northern Water Heir
{1st Born Quintet}
Born to the chief of the Northern Water Tribe, you're the oldest of all quintets. However, you were born near the end of the North Tribe Invasion. You almost died, except the avatar state was activated, alerting the world to the coming of more avatars and destroying the entire invading armies and all earth and water tribe survivors in the north. Found frozen in ice, a northern village saved you and raised you. You have a loving, caring family with a father out at war. Due to this, you grew up to become a well balanced person. It seemed you were just a regular, non-bender kid, until the Ba Sing Se Templars arrived at the village, tracking the spiritual trail leading to the child. This happened only a month ago, and now you're directed to head to the West Earth Base immediately. You have no current bending skills, but you do have the capability to bend.

Child of a Dai Lee Politician
<TAKEN> Empoleonx2

{Earth Born Quintet}
Unlike the other earth born quintet, you are born into a wealthy, noble family. Both your mother and father are powerful earthbenders and members of the Dai Lee Organization. They help run Ba Sing Se and the Entire Earth Kingdom. However, after the fall of Ozai by Aang, the Dai Lee was reformed and the Earth King returned to power, all knowing and in charge. Under Aang's guidance, a parliamentary government was formed, with a balance of power between the King and the Dai Lee. The Dai Lee are now simply governors who aid the King in political tasks. You probably were educated in a high level academy and trained in your earthbending often. Chances are, you would also like a position of power in the Earth Kingdom. However, you have been sent to the West Earth Base after discovery of you being one of the avatar quintets. Your earthbending is at an expert level, but you're not quite a master yet.

Guidelines

1) All PE2K rules must be followed!

2) Respect other participants.

3) Limited romance. I'll allow some, but it has to be realistic and not anything extreme.

4) The RP is not just for the quintets. There are other roles too.

5) Have fun!

Participants
Noted roleplayers who have been accepted are listed here. Those asked to join the RP by me will receive free choice for any position except mine.

Approved
Xlugon Pyro as Yue Embyrke; Princess Avatar
Eeveeking929 as Maikon Shin; Commoner Avatar

Reserved
Mewchirio has reserved Southern Tribe Survivor Avatar
Empoleonx2 has reserved Dai Lee Child Avatar

Denied
None Yet

Sign-Up
Now you may sign-up!

Name: (First and Last)
Age: (Must be realistic for all and quintets must fit required boundaries.)
Position: (Avatar quintet position that isn't taken, or a non avatar position you'd like to have. I'll be flexible based on who you are and how good you are.)
Nation: (Earth, Fire, or Outlaw?)
Bender: (All quintets bend, so they can just say Avatar for this. Others, specify if you bend earth or fire, or dont bend at all.)
Faction: (Good, Neutral, or Evil? All quintets must start out good, but that may change later...)
Appearance: (General physical appearance and normal clothing. It must fit genetically with your nation/tribe heritage. Two paragraphs.)
Gear: (Your armor. Not everyone has armor, so this is optional.)
Weaponry: (Not too many, and describe them. A good paragraph.)
Personality: (Duh. A good paragraph please.)
Biography: (Duh. Two good paragraphs. Quintets must follow the guidelines I've set for them.)
Other: (Creativity wins, but so does realism.)

You'll see my sign-up soon!

Last edited by Xlugon Pyro; 10-13-2007 at 02:34 AM.
Old 10-04-2007, 02:51 AM
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official

Send a message via AIM to Lord Fedora
Default Re: [SU] AQC: Book I, Water

I'm a gonna take the Omashu commoner please. I loves Earth Bending. And quick question. I've seen Avatar RPs before, but why is everyone hating on the Airbenders? Seriously, did it ever occur to any of you that Aang might have kids who would almost definitely be Airbenders (unless he married Katara, then they might be Waterbenders, but since I don't do Kataang, I don't particularly care for that end. Zutara forever!)? I mean, c'on, it's been three hundred years since Aang woke up, the Air Nomads would have at least become considerable as a nation. Just saying. I may do my own Avatar RP where the Air Nomads aren't all dead. Speaking of which, how are they going to learn Airbending? Ever think of that?
Old 10-04-2007, 03:33 AM
RawrIsMyMiddleName Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Send a message via AIM to RawrIsMyMiddleName

Reserve for Child Of Dai Lee, please. I'll get it soon.
Old 10-04-2007, 11:53 AM
Xlugon Pyro Offline
Elite Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeveeking929 View Post
I'm a gonna take the Omashu commoner please. I loves Earth Bending. And quick question. I've seen Avatar RPs before, but why is everyone hating on the Airbenders? Seriously, did it ever occur to any of you that Aang might have kids who would almost definitely be Airbenders (unless he married Katara, then they might be Waterbenders, but since I don't do Kataang, I don't particularly care for that end. Zutara forever!)? I mean, c'on, it's been three hundred years since Aang woke up, the Air Nomads would have at least become considerable as a nation. Just saying. I may do my own Avatar RP where the Air Nomads aren't all dead. Speaking of which, how are they going to learn Airbending? Ever think of that?
Yeah, I did. The Fire Lord himself only knows waterbending, earthbending, and firebending himself. I have a fun little plan about airbending in the RP, but that's something you'll have to wait and find out. Now, here's my sign-up, though it's not quite done yet.

I'll be placing my sign-up form here. I'll finish up soon.

Name
Yue Embyrke

Position
Fire Lord's Heir, Avatar

Nation
Outlaw

Bender

Faction
Good/Neutral

Appearance
Most guys would flock to Yue's stunning appearance. Her skin is a medium-light tone and she has vivid amber eyes. The girl's hair is a creamy, fiery auburn, and she likes to keep it very clean and wavey, so it is often very shiny. Her hair extends down a few inches below shoulder length, and she often likes putting red, black, orange, green, blue or golden ribbons in her hair. Another trait adding to her attractiveness are her large breasts and her slender, feminine body. Not only that, but from plentiful time in the wilderness and her training at the Fire Academy for Girls, she's well built and in shape. Yue is very athletic, and is strong, agile, and flexible for her age. At the academy, she practiced a variety of martial arts, firebending techniques, and participated in athletic activities, which helped her to grow strong. The girl stands at 5' 7" and weighs around 135 pounds. What many don't know is that her back is full of long scars, some looking like terrible lashes and cuts, and others look like burn scars. They look pretty grotesque too.
Yue has a love for dresses, especially shorter ones, which unfortunately only attract more guys. Since her escape from the Fire Nation, much of her old formal Fire Nation gowns are no longer with her. Due to her capture by the Earth Kingdom, she wears brown prisoner rag-like clothing. A large strap of brown cloth covers Yue's breasts and ties up in the back tightly. Wrapping tightly around her hips is a scrappy brown skirt. It barely covers her ass and her front area, at it looks very old, torn, and tight. From appearance, you'd never guess this girl was the daughter of the Fire Lord. However, her rag clothing is only due to the fact she is a prisoner of the Earth Kingdom. Later on, Yue obtains her original clothing back, but she also recieves heavy metal bracers imprinted on them the symbol of the Earth Kingdom. Her original clothing would clearly identify her as Fire Nation, yet this was the prime reason she's given her clothes back. First off, her boots are mostly red and black with black soles. They extend up to below her knees, and the heels are heightened for a slightly more feminine look, yet they're still good for combat. She has long soft gloves extending up to a few inches short of her elbows, embedded with fiery patterns of red, black, and orange. Finally, her battle robe, a mostly dark red robe, extends a few inches below her hips, giving the bottom part a mini-skirt like appearance. The rest of the robe is sleeveless and has a long adjustable V neck like any other robe. Due to her large breasts, a good deal of cleavage can be seen. The robe is held together by a black strip of cloth. On the leg sides, there are long slits for easy movement, and on the front and back in the bottom center of the robe is the Fire Nation insignia.

Gear
Though it doesn't look it, Yue has armor. Both her boots and gloves are embedded with plates of a mahogany colored metal that is very strong and exclusive to the Fire Nation. Under her robe she wears light weight mahogany colored metal plates with extra cushioning that're connected by strong wires. Despite the light weight of her hidden metal armor, it is very hard and protects well.

Weaponry
The girl has a spiraling pike spear made of the same mahogany colored metal of her armor plates. The whole thing is made of metal, making it a very good blocking tool. The spear has 5 pikes, with the bottom two going out and slightly upwards. The second pair curve a bit but generally are straight and are a bit longer than the bottom ones. The longest one is the center pike, spiraling into a sharp, long blade at the end. Where the pikes unite is a Fire Nation insignia. Other than her spear, the girl uses mostly martial arts and firbending to attack.

Personality
Everyone usually views Yue as a very optimistic and happy person. She seems to be almost endlessly cheerful, almost to the point where she's a bit goofy. Sometimes Yue will even go out of the way to try to be funny, but only to get in trouble. Not everyone likes Yue though. Some guys harass her since she has a fear of men and boys, and they tend to pick it up as an insult. However, whether they harass her or not, many guys like her looks. Yue can never talk to any male without shivering and mixing up words. Sometimes, she even fainted out of fear from talking to a guy. The girl often seems to be very fearful and cowardly, however, the pain of others is even more fearful and scary to Yue. However, her cowardice might not be as it seems...
Yue also has a pretty big pet peeve. She hates being touched in any way. Her sensitivity to touch is easily noticed when she flinches, which is a pretty noticable flinch. It's even worse when she is touched too close to her 'special areas', in which she yelps and sometimes accidentally kicks or punches out the criminal. The poor girl also hates it when people stare at her, because she usually assumes they're staring at her large breasts. In response, she will often turn away, but her ass isn't exactly tiny, however it isn't too big either. Despite her strange pet peeves, she always has a kind heart deep down and her willingness to give aid can momentarily overcome fear.

Biography
Born to the original avatar, the Fire Lord, Yue was instantly brainwashed into the ideals of the Fire Nation. At a very young age, she was taught to hate the Earth Kingdom and their allies. They were inferior, and the superior element, fire, is destined to whipe out all others and reign supreme. She was taught a dangerous idea when she was very young; hate. It soon became all she felt, until the Fire Templars found out Yue was the fifth and final of the new avatars to be promised by the spirits. They taught her about the true history and intentions of the Fire Nation. Yue was confused, and came home to tell her father about what she learned. Infuriated, Yue was beaten harshly. Soon after, the Fire Lord sent his daughter, Yue to the Fire Academy for Girls for a proper education. The templars followed her and continued to try to convince her the truth.
Engaging in a school based environment, Yue had instant popularity, simply because she was the nation's princess. However, the girl never had any true friends. She got exceptionally good grades and was very physical in athletics. Through time, her skill improved so much by the time she was an adolescent. By this time, she still had no real friends. Also, she had come to secretly follow under the templars, only for the Fire Lord to soon find out. Outraged by Yue's treachery, she was beaten harshly and nearly killed. However, she managed to escape with the ambush of the templars. In secrecy, Yue and the templars flee from the Fire Nation by boat with the Fire Navy in hot pursuit. However, the Earth Kingdom Navy captures the runaways and imprisons them. The Fire Navy withdraws from the pursuit and returns home. Soon after, wanted posters for Yue are littered across the Fire Nation with a huge reward. Even worse, she is wanted alive.
Meanwhile, Yue was separated from the templars and sent to the West Earth Military Base where she was to meet the other 4 avatar kids and perform tasks for the Earth Kingdom. She dreads this moment and fears for her life. The girl has no home now and is now a slave to the Earth Kingdom.

Other
None

It's done, but I may change some things later.

Last edited by Xlugon Pyro; 10-04-2007 at 10:17 PM.
Old 10-04-2007, 04:33 PM
Mewchirio Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Mewchirio

I shalt take the Southern Water Survivor one please. I made an Avatar roleplay, but it didn't catch on...

EDIT: Here's my sign up form:

Name:
Storm Shui

Position:
Southern Water Survivor

Nation:
Water, Outlaw I beileive

Bender:
Water and avatar Skills

Faction:
Good, duh!

Appearance:
Will Finish

Gear:
None

Weaponry:
Will Finish

Personality:
Will Finish

Biography:
Will Finish

Other:
Will Finish

I will Finsh it sometime, but not now...

Mewchirio

Join this RP! Seriously, it's so worth it! Ragnarök [SU]
Credit-Rainbow Islands (banner) & Blazing Fury (Userbar) both from Serebii

Last edited by Mewchirio; 10-10-2007 at 02:55 PM.
Old 10-04-2007, 08:26 PM
Xlugon Pyro Offline
Elite Trainer

Alright, folks. For all signing up as avatars, you are given a special privilege. By taking up that position, I expect you to be literate, knowledgible on Avatar, and most of all, CREATIVE! I've given you a lot of freedom to flesh out a good character. Make sure he or she fits the boundaries I've provided and that everything else about the character fits well based on the circumstances that person has gone through.

Also, try to get your sign-ups done ASAP. I want to get this rolling. I'm working on mine as we speak.
Old 10-04-2007, 09:13 PM
___Alana_Marie___ Offline

Send a message via MSN to ___Alana_Marie___

Can you reserve me the spot as the northern water heir?
Old 10-04-2007, 11:22 PM
Xlugon Pyro Offline
Elite Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ___Alana_Marie___ View Post
Can you reserve me the spot as the northern water heir?
Done. All avatar spots are now taken, but they will open up if I choose to deny someone access. People can still sign up, only they wont be able to become avatars. When all avatar sign-ups are completed and accepted, the RP itself will start.
Old 10-09-2007, 05:10 PM
Mewchirio Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Mewchirio

I've styarted working on my Sign-Up, k?

Mewchirio

Join this RP! Seriously, it's so worth it! Ragnarök [SU]
Credit-Rainbow Islands (banner) & Blazing Fury (Userbar) both from Serebii
Old 10-09-2007, 08:55 PM
bronislav84 Offline

Send a message via AIM to bronislav84 Send a message via MSN to bronislav84 Send a message via Yahoo to bronislav84

God, I so wanna join this, but this would be my third RP, and I don't wanna overload.
Bronislav is my name and 1984 is my birth year. Call me Bron or Slavik if you can't say my full name. Banner/Ava by the illustrious Neo Pikachu Emolga R.I.P. August 13, 2007 3:45AM EST Simkha "Dosha" Bakman I loved you, Grandpa Check this out, it's really cool!
Old 10-09-2007, 09:00 PM
Xlugon Pyro Offline
Elite Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mewchirio View Post
I've styarted working on my Sign-Up, k?

Mewchirio
You obviously didn't read what I said. There are age requirements that each character must fit in. Only my character can be 15, and the southern avatar must be atleast 20 years old. If you were also 15, you'd only be 3 years old when your nation fell. You need to be older to have learned waterbending enough and to have remembered your homeland enough. Please read my rules.

I'm also placing a deadline on this. For those signed up, you have two days to finish. Those signing up, you also have two days, but they start after you reserve or request interest. If no application is up and you reserved or expressed an interest, you are no longer welcome in the RP.

Last edited by Xlugon Pyro; 10-09-2007 at 09:06 PM.
Old 10-10-2007, 12:17 AM
Caecity Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to Caecity

So can we still join without having on of the special position?

C a e c i t y -- The blindness {{of love.}}

JentleViolence, my p a i r.
Empoleonx2, my former s o u l.

Old 10-10-2007, 01:02 AM
Xlugon Pyro Offline
Elite Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empoleonx2 View Post
So can we still join without having on of the special position?
You need to fill in the position section whether you're an avatar or not. Thing is, with all avatars taken, you have a freedom over what you want to be, with the exception of creating another avatar or playing the Fire Lord. Your character shouldn't be a commoner either. Your character should have some significance in the story. Do take note that this part of the RP takes place primarily in the Earth Kingdom and outlying islands with most of the Earth Kingdom intact, so Fire Nation armies wont be roaming freely around the Earth Kingdom like they do in the show. However, a good antagonist would be nice. Possibly under cover Fire Nation terrorists could be trying to gain information on the Earth Kingdom, discover the 5 novice avatars, and tries to recapture Yue and send her back to the Fire Nation.

There are all kinds of possibilities. Try to realistic to the current world situation while at the same time have a reasonable character with good position to be significant enough. Be creative!

Noob of all noobs has withdrawn from the RP, so that means one more avatar position is open to the masses. If you're reserving, remember, you have 2 days.

Last edited by Xlugon Pyro; 10-10-2007 at 01:28 AM.
Old 10-10-2007, 01:36 AM
Caecity Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to Caecity

I'll sign up for the other quintet.

Name: Kui Queiki
Position: Child of a Dai Lee Politician
Nation: Earth
Bender: Avatar, Earth
Faction: Good
Appearance: Kui wears a green shirt, which is rimed with golden lines on the outer edges. His shirt is made from some of the finest cloth, and has rim stones, and faux jewels on it. Kui wears shorts because he hates pants. His shirts are more of tie die kind. The shirt covered with yellow and greens swirls all over it. In the middle of each swirl is a circle of faux gold. Kui also wears an Emerald and faux gold necklace, along with an emerald ring. Kui has his ears pierced with faux golden earrings. Kui has messy brown hair, which flicks over his marigold eyes once in awhile.
Gear: Doesn't have any.
Weaponry:
Kui has a dagger.

Kui dagger has his name engraved into it. Its blade reaches to 7' inches, the tip has an emerald on it. The base of the dagger is made of leather. Made so that Kui can hold it with grip, a nice firm grip. So that it won't fall out his hands. The leather is special; the inside is plated with gold. The leather covers the gold so that nobody can see it. It also contains something else that belongs to Kui, yet he doesn't know what it is.
Personality:
Kui is a negative thinker, with a high temper. He likes the word 'shut up' a little too much for a normal human being. Most of his comments are about something negative, though Kui is a good worker. He'll work to the extreme if he thinks its need. He'll protect anyone who has protected him in the past. Kui has a great temper, one that's extremely high. If he doesn't know that you're joking, he makes a serious comment.
Biography:
Kui was born into a noble and wealthy family. Getting just about everything he has ever need. Though sometimes he likes doing things himself. He gets the best education, even though he wants to be in school with all the other kids. He gets the best meal; sometimes he just wants to eat plain, normal food. His family isn't ever home; they are off in their high, and mighty life. Kui wonder why his parents wanted to be in Dai Lee.

To his aspects, he does get train in earthbendering quite a lot. Kui earthbending is great but not the best. In the future, Kui wants to learn how to metalbender, like any other earthbender. Kui practices everyday, well he force to practice everyday. Kui gets sick of training; sometimes he sneak away while the trainer is talking to him. Kui is like a rebel son, one who wants a normal life. Though he doesn't know how bad other people really have it.
Other: (Creativity wins, but so does realism.)

Done!

C a e c i t y -- The blindness {{of love.}}

JentleViolence, my p a i r.
Empoleonx2, my former s o u l.

Last edited by Caecity; 10-13-2007 at 02:53 AM.
Old 10-10-2007, 02:36 AM
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official

Send a message via AIM to Lord Fedora

Name: Maikon Shin
Position: Omashu Commoner Kid
Nation: Earth
Bender: Avatar (Earth)
Faction: Good
Appearance: Maikon is an average height and weight for his age, about 5'7" and 125 lb. He's got a somewhat muscular build, although he's really more lean then buff. His enjoyment of rock climbing as well as his love of rooting through old thrown-away junk to find usable things have given him great exercise for his arms and legs, while his torso remains mostly wimpy.

As for Maikon's face, it's fairly long and thin for an Earthbender, with mainly small features. His hair is light brown, and is usually kept short, and spiked back, sort of framing around his light brown eyes. He could be considered handsome, though you wouldn't know it since his face is usually dirty.

And then there's Kuroushou, the wolf-monkey. Wolf monkeys, in general, are able to walk bipedal, like monkeys, but are just as comfortable on all fours. They are primate in their build, having ovular bodies and stable back paws that they can stand on the heels of. Their bodies are covered with silvery-grey fur, although on occasion one might have reddish-brown fur. Their heads are more canine then primate, with a pointed muzzle and small eyes. However, the teeth are those of an herbivore. In Kuroushou's case, he is pretty much a typical wolf-monkey, but with coal-black fur, which is a very unique oddity.

Gear: Maikon doesn't wear armor. Instead, he wears average Earth Nation clothes a yellow shirt with green outline, and green pants. He doesn't wear shoes (I am not ripping off Toph) , but he does have green gloves. He also wears a green hooded cloak, purely for dramatic effect.
Weaponry: Like all of what Maikon has, his weapon is old and used. In this case, it's some of the same scrap from the Water Tribe, specifically a boomerang from the Southern Tribe (and if anyone claims I'm ripping off Soka, you will perish). He wears the holster for it on his belt, so that it's easy to get to. The color of it is white, with blue along the edges, while the sheath is pure blue with three holes in a triangle formation near the edge. The boomerang is also unique in that it has a large chip in the edge. This makes the boomerang unbalanced, and therefore, it's flight path is erratic and unpredictable. Maikon can also enhance it with Earthbending, adding spikes and such to it. the handle end has another spike on it, this one metal rather than earth, which makes it useful for melee as well, not to mention adding a bite in case the enemy is hit with that end on a throw.

Personality: Maikon's a fun and bubbly sort of guy. He enjoys both the thrill of battle and the calm of sitting back and watching the clouds. He knows when the time to get serious comes, but until then, he's as serious as a baby wolf-monkey. Maikon's personality is probably the most comparative of the avatar quintets to Avatar Aangs, except less of a free spirit, just a fun-loving one. Maikon rarely takes anything seriously, unless it's important to friends and family

Kuroushou shares in Maikon's fun personality, although he's more like Momo then Aang. He enjoys his peace and quiet, even though when the time comes to have fun he's the first wolf-monkey there. In truth though, he'd much rather just watch the fun quietly from afar. That, to him, is more fun that actually playing with others. He's also the first to run from a fight. Seriously. Wolf-monkeys are really less fight, more flight by nature, but Kuroushou will never, ever fight, need or not. He's more of a handy playmate and occasionally a good spy. Because he can write. Yeah, he can write in English. Don't ask how, Maikon doesn't know, and therefore due tothe fact that I will be narrating in limited view, I do not know either.

Biography: Maikon was born to a very poor family living in Omashu (didn't see that coming, did you?). They lived in the lowest part of the city, near the dump. And that was where they got most of their stuff. Yeah, the dump. Didn't I just say they were poor?

Anyway, time for a little background history. Maikon found Kuroushou asleep in the dump when he was about seven, and promptly claimed him as his own. Shortly after, his father started teaching him Earthbending, though the training was only a few months in before his father, Kento, was drafted into the Earth army. Anyway, Maikon practiced Earthbending a bit more, but never really learned much new, occasionally inventing a few moves himself, but Earthbending to a backseat in training when Maikon found his boomerang. He learned to wield it well, and that became his primary form of attack.

Maikon was only recently discovered to be an Avatar. Just a few years ago, at eleven in fact. The Omashu templars sought him out and found him, and began to focus him on Earthbending more. A few weeks ago, they learned that he was going to have to leave, and wanted to give him plenty of instructions, advice, and preparation. However, they made the mistake of ending the first day of instructions on going to Ba Sing Se. They included nothing about the military, waterbending, or any of it. Just that he was going to be going to Ba Sing Se and that he would have to come see them the next day for more instructions. He was off before midnight.

Other: Want to know what happens to his father? Tune in next time on... Character Development Episodes!

Last edited by Lord Fedora; 10-12-2007 at 06:59 PM.