Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Entertainment

Entertainment For non-Pokemon related discussion, talk about other TV shows, movies, music, books, sports and more!

Old 10-14-2007, 09:59 PM
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Send a message via AIM to Kenny_C.002
Default Re: Advance wars 2(DS) is coming, and now we have a real title too!

Stealth fighters costed too much on what it did. Carriers weren't able to replace airports for most of the game. I think they do need a revamp on the balance of the game rather than just adding units though. That would make things relevant again.

The CO's...well Rachel was kinda cute. But Colin/Sasha combo came out and people had to put the ban on them. Then again, Colin was banned before anyway. lol
Old 10-15-2007, 10:55 PM
SunshineWingull Offline

Send a message via AIM to SunshineWingull
Unhappy Re: Advance wars 2(DS) is coming, and now we have a real title too!

Thing is about AW is that it's too easy for a strategy game... Too many powerhouses. It's sorta like fighting a 2-year-old trying to kill you with a towel.
Old 10-16-2007, 03:25 AM
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Send a message via AIM to Kenny_C.002

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineWingull View Post
Thing is about AW is that it's too easy for a strategy game... Too many powerhouses. It's sorta like fighting a 2-year-old trying to kill you with a towel.
Dual Strike had a problem where you can easily swing the tides using dual CO strikes and hitting them hard with 2-turn kills. That's what made the DS version "easier" than the other games.

Day of Ruin has taken that away, stripped the broken CO powers by toning them down, and even loses the dual screen battles as well. New units known so far are flare units and motocycles (infantry, basically). It also looks like Fog of War will be a much more common occurance in this game as well.
Old 10-16-2007, 11:38 PM
Poltergeist Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny_C.002 View Post
Dual Strike had a problem where you can easily swing the tides using dual CO strikes and hitting them hard with 2-turn kills. That's what made the DS version "easier" than the other games.

Day of Ruin has taken that away, stripped the broken CO powers by toning them down, and even loses the dual screen battles as well. New units known so far are flare units and motocycles (infantry, basically). It also looks like Fog of War will be a much more common occurance in this game as well.
Heh I usually saved the CO powers only for situations I was despearate, or just for the heck of it. Oh an you are right on the use of the units but I did think they where pretty cool and for some missions where pretty useful. Heck at least they where more useful then the pipe canons. By the way what is the mech gun, was it a unit given a new name or can I not just remember it off the top of my head? Anyway the Flare sounds interesting but What I need to know is its range of fire and how much it can light up. Wonder if the motorcycles will replace the use of infantrys for most people. Man I hope we get a sniper unit.

I am not sure what these new units do but they exist according to wikipedia.

Interceptor
Anti-Tank Gun
Mobile Workshop

As for new structures their is a meteor barrier, I'm guess meteors will end up being a hazard during some battles, and a temporary port, which I guess is where you can heal ships but can't build them. Still waiting for some turrets on the maps. If you have any info on these things that I have stated feel free to add info.