Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Entertainment

Entertainment For non-Pokemon related discussion, talk about other TV shows, movies, music, books, sports and more!

Old 10-03-2007, 01:36 AM
Poltergeist Offline

Default Advance wars 2(DS) is coming, and now we have a real title too!

I don't know about the rest of this forum but I loved this army strategy game, hope Andy makes it into Brawl! I currently own all three that have come here and to my delight the next one is on the way with the working title above. I shall post the website for screens and videos if you have yet to see them. So what do you think should be added, or taken out for the sequel? I am hoping that snipers will be introduced into the new one.

Link here:http://nintendo-master.com/xtnews/news-11508.htm

Last edited by Poltergeist; 10-13-2007 at 01:23 AM.
Old 10-03-2007, 02:03 AM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga
Default Re: Advance wars 2(DS) is coming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poltergeist View Post
I don't know about the rest of this forum but I loved this army strategy game, hope Andy makes it into Brawl! I currently own all three that have come here and to my delight the next one is on the way with the working title above. I shall post the website for screens and videos if you have yet to see them. So what do you think should be added, or taken out for the sequel? I am hoping that snipers will be introduced into the new one.

Link here:http://nintendo-master.com/xtnews/news-11508.htm
I still love and play this game to death. I like Hawke, his character, his power... its all good. Grit is also very awesome indeed, but he needs the right map and setting to be most effective.

A sniper infantry would be awesome, I could agree with that. But I also think adding turrets of some kind would be nice too. They exist in the campaign mode of the last Advance Wars DS game but you could never build them in VS or War Room. Also, an upgrade version of the helicopters, submarines, and cruisers would be nice.

Old 10-03-2007, 02:59 AM
Poltergeist Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo Pikachu View Post
I still love and play this game to death. I like Hawke, his character, his power... its all good. Grit is also very awesome indeed, but he needs the right map and setting to be most effective.

A sniper infantry would be awesome, I could agree with that. But I also think adding turrets of some kind would be nice too. They exist in the campaign mode of the last Advance Wars DS game but you could never build them in VS or War Room. Also, an upgrade version of the helicopters, submarines, and cruisers would be nice.
Heh I loved to use his counter part in the first two games. Well unless naval units where present. Then I would switch to who ever was available. I never beat any of the games though which I should go do. The first one I am on the last mission. Secnd one I am finishing up yellow comet. Third one I am on the 22nd mission. BY the way who are the last people that join you in campaign? Yeah gotta go finish them. Anyway back to the sequel.

Hmm have to say I don't remeber the turrets, aren't you talking about missile silos? The last time I played the third one was freshmen year I believe so yeah I really don't remember everything too acurately. I played the first and second far more recently. Yeah since the Tank is getting so beefed I believe that it is only fair that the others recieve a tune up as well. I was also thinking that those pipe runners needed an increased range at the least. I found those things useless most of the time either because there where no pipes or they didn't go far enough to make them worth while. Hmm some one said that a bike unit was introduced but I am not sure about that. Other new units I was thinking of where medics, jeeps, Ducks, however they are spelled, and commandos but the jeeps might just end up like the recon.
That new art style though. It doesn't look bad and I could live with it but I am really going to miss the orange star crew I have come to know and love.

Edit:Man what we need right now is someone who speaks French to translate everything.

Last edited by Poltergeist; 10-03-2007 at 03:06 AM.
Old 10-03-2007, 03:00 PM
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Send a message via AIM to Kenny_C.002

The third game power creeped too much on the tanks, really. The Megatank should probably be the last straw for advances in tank technology for a while. Seriously, Neotanks are sufficient in doing everything anyway. This game might actually not have any returning characters from what was shown. D: If that's the case, I'll have to see who the new FOW character is.

Grit's generally banned in map play since he's so incredibly broken in any map that has choke points. lol
Old 10-03-2007, 03:29 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny_C.002 View Post
The third game power creeped too much on the tanks, really. The Megatank should probably be the last straw for advances in tank technology for a while. Seriously, Neotanks are sufficient in doing everything anyway. This game might actually not have any returning characters from what was shown. D: If that's the case, I'll have to see who the new FOW character is.

Grit's generally banned in map play since he's so incredibly broken in any map that has choke points. lol
Ha ha, I'm not surprised about the ban on Grit. Super Snipe with lots of Rockets and Battleships everywhere is death to the enemy quite quickly. I know Colin + Sasha is banned, but I'm hoping Nell is too, because what she does is just stupid, plainly put.

I agree with you that Megatanks should be the last straw, but honestly, they're not that hard to take out if you know what you're doing. Bombers are awesome for that job.

Old 10-04-2007, 03:05 AM
Poltergeist Offline

Hey can someone refresh my memory as to what map play is? Lol anyway I think Mega Tanks should be one of the last straws. I would say that for the rest of the series their should be a max of two more tank upgrades.

Heh by the way they have some somewhat funny Advance Wars comics on You tube called BOb Squad if you want some AW comedy.

Hmmmm wonder when we shall get some announced AW info. I am curious to learn more about the new plot line.
Old 10-04-2007, 03:23 AM
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo Pikachu View Post
Ha ha, I'm not surprised about the ban on Grit. Super Snipe with lots of Rockets and Battleships everywhere is death to the enemy quite quickly. I know Colin + Sasha is banned, but I'm hoping Nell is too, because what she does is just stupid, plainly put.

I agree with you that Megatanks should be the last straw, but honestly, they're not that hard to take out if you know what you're doing. Bombers are awesome for that job.
Colin alone is also usually banned, actually. He's that good. XD

Bombers are the ultimate glass swords. They're so powerful, but die to anti-airs. lol
Old 10-08-2007, 11:08 PM
SunshineWingull Offline

Send a message via AIM to SunshineWingull

I was just thinking...how awesome a tactics game for the DS would be. I mean, no more spending more time pressing all those buttons. It would feel...looser, and downright fun giving tactics via the Touch Screen.

Really disappointed Mystery of the Emblem (a Fire Emblem) got remade for the Wii. Ever since 2 years ago, I dreamed how awesome I could pamper Sheeda...and on a DS, too! Oh, well, at least it got remade for something... But it might not come out in English. I can't read barely ANY Japanese, but I can speak more, although that, too, is very limited.
Old 10-13-2007, 01:22 AM
Poltergeist Offline

Well now Advance wars 2(DS) has a name, AW:Days of Ruin where 90% of the human population have been killed off due to, get this, a series of Natural Disasiters. You mean taht all those battles that the world has had, especially the ones where the COs were facing each other for fun, had nothing to do with it? Okkkkkkkkk. Anyway it has been said to be a sequel of the others. Maybe Andy and Crew will at least be playable in Multiplayer. Hey everybody we have a new unit! Try to guess what it is. I will give you a clue its not a tank. Give up? Its the Heavy Tank hahahaha! Man Intelligent systems love their tanks. Oh and the game has a release date of January 21st 2008. I can't believe we are getting it that soon, I am super psyched.

OH and this isn't advance wars but The Fire Emblem for DS is starring Marth! Now we can at least get to know the charcater that we played as all the time in Melee. Perhaps Nintendo could still send the original Fire Emblem our way though.....
Old 10-13-2007, 01:48 PM
SunshineWingull Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poltergeist View Post
Well now Advance wars 2(DS) has a name, AW:Days of Ruin where 90% of the human population have been killed off due to, get this, a series of Natural Disasiters. You mean taht all those battles that the world has had, especially the ones where the COs were facing each other for fun, had nothing to do with it? Okkkkkkkkk. Anyway it has been said to be a sequel of the others. Maybe Andy and Crew will at least be playable in Multiplayer. Hey everybody we have a new unit! Try to guess what it is. I will give you a clue its not a tank. Give up? Its the Heavy Tank hahahaha! Man Intelligent systems love their tanks. Oh and the game has a release date of January 21st 2008. I can't believe we are getting it that soon, I am super psyched.

OH and this isn't advance wars but The Fire Emblem for DS is starring Marth! Now we can at least get to know the charcater that we played as all the time in Melee. Perhaps Nintendo could still send the original Fire Emblem our way though.....

FE3 is the original, and after you beat that, you get the second book. I like Sheeda better than Marth, though.

So, we get DS and Japanese get Wii... We are all happy now.
Old 10-14-2007, 01:35 AM
.AzureLight Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to .AzureLight Send a message via MSN to .AzureLight
Default Re: Advance wars 2(DS) is coming, and now we have a real title too!

Advance Wars has officially failed.

Rest in peace greatest turn-based strategy game ever.

I'm sure TMTS is just as disappointed as myself.
Old 10-14-2007, 01:36 AM
Poltergeist Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineWingull View Post
FE3 is the original, and after you beat that, you get the second book. I like Sheeda better than Marth, though.

So, we get DS and Japanese get Wii... We are all happy now.
Ummm I don't get the first sentence. Are you saying that the third fire emblem also contains the first one and then some, and whos sheeda any way? Lol we should probably make a seperate thread for this. I'm so excited that we finally get to taste the original for the DS though. Now if only they would bring over six so we could get to know Roy and learnwhat happens after the seventh.

Hmm anyway back to the original discussion I have heard that they have made an artillery, or rocket i can't remember exactly, upgrade but I am not sure if someone just mistook it for the heavy tank. Looking at the screenshots the new graphic updates look pretty sweet. Now at least the Rockets don't look so clunky.
Old 10-14-2007, 04:01 AM
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Quote:
Originally Posted by .AzureLight View Post
Advance Wars has officially failed.

Rest in peace greatest turn-based strategy game ever.

I'm sure TMTS is just as disappointed as myself.
Well the game never really needed "balancing" other than top-down balancing. Though the addition of a tank really doesn't change the game much mechanistically speaking, I'd hope it's the artillery, considering that there would be diversity in the overpoweredness.

But I really wonder what you mean by "it dying" though, the game died after Black Hole Rising came out, pretty much.
Old 10-14-2007, 03:37 PM
SunshineWingull Offline

Arrow Re: Advance wars 2(DS) is coming, and now we have a real title too!

Quote:
Well the game never really needed "balancing" other than top-down balancing. Though the addition of a tank really doesn't change the game much mechanistically speaking, I'd hope it's the artillery, considering that there would be diversity in the overpoweredness.

But I really wonder what you mean by "it dying" though, the game died after Black Hole Rising came out, pretty much.

...Since when was "overpoweredness" a word...?

I liked Black Hole Rising sorta, and I called it "Black Hosing"...
Old 10-14-2007, 07:08 PM
Poltergeist Offline

Quote:

Aww man I think that is far too harsh. I have the second Advance wars and although it really wasn't such a great step up from the original it was still fun. Also Advance wars 3 was a great sequel as it brought in plenty of new units ,including stealth fighters and aircraft carriers, and new people including Rachel, Sasha, Javier and err lets just skip over Jake. I would have to say that so far the new advance wars still looks exciting even though IS needs to lay off the tanks. I also hope that the plot doesn't affect how many units you can make per battle because that would get annoying.

Last edited by Poltergeist; 10-14-2007 at 07:10 PM.