Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Interactive Center » Competitive Battling » Rate My Team

Rate My Team Get your competitive battling team rated here and get help with movesets and battling strategies.

Old 09-27-2007, 02:31 AM
Blu-Kyogre Offline
Experienced Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Blu-Kyogre
Default salamence or garchomp

which 1 is better and which 1 can i breed to get a better moveset..also throw in natures if u feel free
Old 09-27-2007, 02:37 AM
pikabeeash Offline
Banned

Default Re: salamence or garchomp

Adamant Salamence
Old 09-27-2007, 02:41 AM
Blu-Kyogre Offline
Experienced Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Blu-Kyogre

Is That It That Didnt Help
Old 09-27-2007, 02:59 AM
Rinol Offline
Elite Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu-Kyogre View Post
which 1 is better and which 1 can i breed to get a better moveset..also throw in natures if u feel free
Mence is the best but if ya have T-tar go with chomp

Mence@Focussash
adamant
252spd//252atk
DD(have to have
D-claw
EQ
stone edge

FC Cris-0215 8117 4405
Wins/62 Lose/20
Old 09-27-2007, 03:11 AM
Cool Kid 94 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Salamence and Garchomp are both good:

Salamence@Expert Belt/Muscle Band/Focus Sash
Adamant (252 Atk, 136 Spd, 120 HP)
-Dragon Dance
-Dragon Claw
-Earthquake
-Fire Fang/Stone Edge

Use Fire Fang if you have an Expert Belt, which IMO you should.

Garchomp@Choice Scarf
Adamant (252 Atk, 252 Spd, 4 HP)
-Outrage
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge
-Fire Fang
FC: 3480 1334 4941

Pokemon WiFi Region
The only thing special about these forums anymore is the Chatbox.

Last edited by Cool Kid 94; 09-27-2007 at 03:15 AM.
Old 09-27-2007, 03:26 AM
Pickleboy Offline

Wow, I wonder if you either have really bad taste in pokemon or you think they're both strong... possibly both... why don't you throw in a Giratina and name them the "Trio of Stupidness". IMO, Salamence and Garchomp are the most retarded pokemon ever...

Truth is, they're both not that good. They are easily defended against and easy to OHKO (unless, of course, you hack, like most people do). But if I were to choose between Salamence or Garchomp (and I pray to God I don't ever have to), I'd go with Garchomp (*refrains from laughing at it's stupidness*) because of it's some-what physical sweeping ability. Adament is definately the way to go. Or if you're lacking a flying-type, you could go with (trying to hold in laughter) Salamence (burst's out laughing) with an Adament nature. Of course, it won't make a difference to me. I'll just go on and say to both pokemon "you got a pretty mouth, boy" if you know what I mean....
Old 09-27-2007, 03:58 AM
Fire Away Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickleboy View Post
Wow, I wonder if you either have really bad taste in pokemon or you think they're both strong... possibly both... why don't you throw in a Giratina and name them the "Trio of Stupidness". IMO, Salamence and Garchomp are the most retarded pokemon ever...

Truth is, they're both not that good. They are easily defended against and easy to OHKO (unless, of course, you hack, like most people do). But if I were to choose between Salamence or Garchomp (and I pray to God I don't ever have to), I'd go with Garchomp (*refrains from laughing at it's stupidness*) because of it's some-what physical sweeping ability. Adament is definately the way to go. Or if you're lacking a flying-type, you could go with (trying to hold in laughter) Salamence (burst's out laughing) with an Adament nature. Of course, it won't make a difference to me. I'll just go on and say to both pokemon "you got a pretty mouth, boy" if you know what I mean....
Nice job being totally helpful, articulate and witty. [/sarcasm]

Salamence and Garchomp are both great pokemon, and have become massively OU for that reason. You can lie to yourself and say that they're not good all day, but you haven't exactly convinced me.

Anyways, if you want a physical role to be played, Garchomp gets Swords Dance. With a Life Orb boost it's just mean.

Salamence can sweep physically as well with a DDance set, but his new DP standard is Specsmence.

Salamence@Choice Specs
Timid
EVs: 252 Sp. Attack, 252 Spd, 6 HP
Draco Meteor
Dragon Pulse
Hydro Pump
Flamethrower

Since I'm predicting a 'wait two same type attacks' I'll say that Dragon Pulse is meant for late game sweeps.

Hi

Old 09-27-2007, 04:07 AM
js123 Offline

im not a fan of garchomp so id say go with salalmence but truth is dragonite owns boths in my opinion

Pokemon diamond (japanese) - fc 4424 8821 2447

all named - Jimmy -

My Trade Thread http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/foru...ad.php?t=58475
Old 09-27-2007, 12:22 PM
Shdw_Tamwyn Offline

Send a message via MSN to Shdw_Tamwyn

Quote:

*sigh* People UNDERestimate dragons now? My garchomp usually takes 3 pokemon to finally take down. Go with garchomp, using this moveset:

Garchomp@Life Orb/Focus Sash
Adamant
252atk/252spd
-Dragon Claw
-EQ
-Brick Break (replace with Dragon Dance if you dont have a attack BPer)
-Fire Fang

And You should think again about these two, they're very good... IF you use them right.

Shdw_Tamwyn
Factfile
Credit to TayyabX for the awesome Umbreon banner!
Of Mice & Men|The Holy Guile|Sonata Arctica|The Amity Affliction|Amon Amarth|Opeth|Parkway Drive
FC: -0990 4214 1515-

^Very outdated
I am the biggest Sonata Arctica fan on here. Hands down.
Old 09-27-2007, 02:07 PM
Pickleboy Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Away View Post

Salamence and Garchomp are both great pokemon, and have become massively OU for that reason. You can lie to yourself and say that they're not good all day, but you haven't exactly convinced me.
And that is quite unfortunately why they are OU. Oh, you want to be convinced? Alright then.

Go! Salamence!
Go! PickleBoy (Ludicolo)
Slamence used a super strong attack (usually people use like Draco Meteor or Ariel Ace).
PickleBoy's health is just below half!
Pickleboy used Rain Dance!
It began to rain.
Pickleboy used Icd Beam.
Salamence fainted
Opponent- "How could my cool ultra-super strong Salamence lose?"
Me- "Thinking that was your first mistake..."

Go! Garchomp!
Go! Surge! (Lanturn)
Garchomp used Swords Dance!
Garchomps ATK sharply rose!
Surge used Confuse Ray!
Garchomp became confused!
OK, Surge! Come Back! Go! Mizutaiho (Blastoise)!
Garchomp is Confused!
Garchomp hit itself because it's so stupid!
Garchomp is Confused!
Garchomp Used Earthquake!
Mizutaiho hung on with Focus Sash!
Mizutaio used Ice Beam!
Garchomp fainted!
Opponent- Arrgh! My mega-awsome Garchomp LOST?!?
Me- You lost because you're kinda dilusional...

Or let's say this...

Go! Garchomp!
Go! Syren (Milotic)
Garchomp used Earthquake!
Milotic used Ice Beam!
Garchomp fainted

Yeaahh... You get my point now? Now, maybe those things up there won't happen. Maybe the guy will get lucky get a critical hit every time. Or maybe he'll never hit himself during confusion. All I'm saying is, I could list tons of scenerios where it is easy to KO Gar-stupid and Salastupid. Oh, and by the way, a Garchomp's Earthquake alone isn't strong enough to take down my Lanturn.

IMO, Go with Dragonite. He's cooler than either of those two put together (well other than Giratina, who isn't?)

Last edited by Pickleboy; 09-27-2007 at 02:12 PM.
Old 09-27-2007, 02:26 PM
NinjaDuelist Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Quote:
And that is quite unfortunately why they are OU. Oh, you want to be convinced? Alright then.

Go! Salamence!
Go! PickleBoy (Ludicolo)
Slamence used a super strong attack (usually people use like Draco Meteor or Ariel Ace).
It began to rain.
Pickleboy used Icd Beam.
Salamence fainted

Go! Garchomp!
Go! Surge! (Lanturn)
Surge used Confuse Ray!
Garchomp is Confused!
Garchomp is Confused!
Mizutaio used Ice Beam!
Garchomp fainted!

Or let's say this...

Go! Garchomp!
Go! Syren (Milotic)
Milotic used Ice Beam!
Garchomp fainted

Yeaahh... You get my point now? Now, maybe those things up there won't happen. Maybe the guy will get lucky get a critical hit every time. Or maybe he'll never hit himself during confusion. All I'm saying is, I could list tons of scenerios where it is easy to KO Gar-stupid and Salastupid. Oh, and by the way, a Garchomp's Earthquake alone isn't strong enough to take down my Lanturn.

IMO, Go with Dragonite. He's cooler than either of those two put together (well other than Giratina, who isn't?)
Okay, but you could also say the same about... oh, let's use Blastoise for example:

-You send out Blastoise
-I send out Electivire
-I use Thunderpunch
-Blastoise fainted!

OMG, I had a type advantage over you! Wow!

You are basically pointing out that Garchomp and Salamence have a weakness. So what? Only two Pokemon don't have weaknesses, and they are Spiritomb and Sableye. If you are going to argue, I suggest you use better examples than being hit by a weakness.

Also, you "claim" that your Lanturn won't go down by a lone EQ from Garchomp? Yeah, that's seriously doubtful.

Lastly, Dragonite can easily be OHKO'd by Ice Beam, just like Garchomp and Salamence. And yet you favor him over the other two? Wow... that's sick.

* Pro Wrestling Fan Club *
Old 09-27-2007, 03:07 PM
Pickleboy Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaDuelist View Post
Okay, but you could also say the same about... oh, let's use Blastoise for example:

-You send out Blastoise
-I send out Electivire
-I use Thunderpunch
-Blastoise fainted!

OMG, I had a type advantage over you! Wow!

You are basically pointing out that Garchomp and Salamence have a weakness. So what? Only two Pokemon don't have weaknesses, and they are Spiritomb and Sableye. If you are going to argue, I suggest you use better examples than being hit by a weakness.

Also, you "claim" that your Lanturn won't go down by a lone EQ from Garchomp? Yeah, that's seriously doubtful.

Lastly, Dragonite can easily be OHKO'd by Ice Beam, just like Garchomp and Salamence. And yet you favor him over the other two? Wow... that's sick.
I have no doubts that Blastoise could be taken out with an Electivire's Thunder Punch in two blows (plus, I could just Counter it...). And besides, when it comes down to it, weaknesses are what people aim for. Yes, I have fought a Salamence and Garchomp not using weaknesses, and I still win. It must be the willpower to not be beaten by two of the most ridiculous pokemon ever.

And when you EV train a Lanturn on Defense and HP, you kinda get that effect. Duh!

And yes, Dragonite CAN easily be OHKO'd on Ice Beam, and I certainly never said he couldn't. I favor him because he's actually cool AND can be used effectively.

In any case, this is a help thread, not a flame war. So those that feel the need to argue, PM or something.
Old 09-27-2007, 04:04 PM
Rohypnol Offline

Send a message via AIM to Rohypnol

Quote:

Go! Salamence!
Go! PickleBoy (Ludicolo)
It began to rain.
Pickleboy used Icd Beam.
Salamence fainted

Go! Garchomp!
Go! Surge! (Lanturn)
Surge used Confuse Ray!
Garchomp is Confused!
Garchomp is Confused!
Mizutaio used Ice Beam!
Garchomp fainted!

Or let's say this...

Go! Garchomp!
Go! Syren (Milotic)
Milotic used Ice Beam!
Garchomp fainted

I noticed you're pretty biased about which Pokemon Salamence/Garchomp is going to face first. In other words, in each of your scenarios, Salamence/Garchomp is always facing a mon with Ice Beam. I don't think that's going to happen all the time. Also, in your Garchomp vs Lanturn scenario, whoever uses Swords Dance instead of Earthquake isn't very smart.

DoIPutNameHere: cradily, bad game really f***** up w/o storm drain, horrible playing, i give you a 0/10, please try harder next time
Old 09-27-2007, 05:39 PM
TatankaToT Offline
Master Trainer

Quote:
I have no doubts that Blastoise could be taken out with an Electivire's Thunder Punch in two blows (plus, I could just Counter it...). And besides, when it comes down to it, weaknesses are what people aim for. Yes, I have fought a Salamence and Garchomp not using weaknesses, and I still win. It must be the willpower to not be beaten by two of the most ridiculous pokemon ever.

And when you EV train a Lanturn on Defense and HP, you kinda get that effect. Duh!

And yes, Dragonite CAN easily be OHKO'd on Ice Beam, and I certainly never said he couldn't. I favor him because he's actually cool AND can be used effectively.

In any case, this is a help thread, not a flame war. So those that feel the need to argue, PM or something.
your mouth says no, the steam from your nostrils suggest otherwise

Last edited by TatankaToT; 09-27-2007 at 05:43 PM.
Old 09-27-2007, 05:46 PM
jack2291 Offline
Amateur Trainer

Send a message via MSN to jack2291

it reallt depends on the moveset and nature, but if u are gonna train one i suggest you go to Smogon and Check out their analysis' and decide on what kind you personally want.

My thread: http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/foru...ad.php?t=66468