Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: General Board

Pokemon: General Board General discussion about Pokemon in general. If the topic of your thread does not fall into the subjects in the other boards, post it there. In other words, everything else belongs here if it doesn't have a board of its own.

Old 09-23-2007, 04:47 PM
Archeopterix Offline

Default Re: How did you find pokemon

In 1998 when everyone had Pokemon Red or Blue.

Strong Pokemon. Weak Pokemon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites. - Karen
Old 09-23-2007, 06:25 PM
celebihunter Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to celebihunter Send a message via MSN to celebihunter
Talking Re: How did you find pokemon

My mother bought me one of the Pokemon Games,i believe it was Blue,like a week after it came out,hoping I would like it.Now she is kind of annoyed on how obsessed I am :P.....Whenever she says something about it,I say,"You are the one who bought me it".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo Pikachu View Post
Single smilely posts make Chuck Norris cry.
Old 09-23-2007, 06:35 PM
Llama Commando Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Llama Commando

I never knew much about it for a while. During Generation 2 I found a Xatu card on the street. I never liked the card game, but that got me into it and I've been hooked ever since.

PE2K's Resident Michigan State Spartan
Old 09-23-2007, 07:47 PM
Drift Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Pretty much from the start. My aunt introduced me to it when it was released. :P

Maybe back. Maybe not.
Old 09-23-2007, 08:10 PM
Eternal Moonlight Offline
The Luna Diviner

Send a message via AIM to Eternal Moonlight

When it first came out I actually hated it. Naturally, everyone else loved it. Anyway, one day, in the second grade, I went to visit a friend. Pokémon was on. I actually liked it, Pokémon Emergency so, I asked my mom to buy me some games ( I always loved video games ) And that did it. Pinball and that awful TCG league for gameboy color. Silver came out soon after. I was pretty bad, but I got the hang of it. Eventually.

{Activity will likely be off} {Paired with Sam }
Old 09-23-2007, 09:00 PM
Gold Groudon Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Gold Groudon Send a message via MSN to Gold Groudon

My parents introduced me to the games before i ever saw an episode of the anime, i wanted a gameboy color and they brought me yellow as well.

Keepin it Simple
Pearl: Ben
FC:4983-2039-2445
(If i cant remember it now, i might as well just throw the game away...)
Old 09-23-2007, 09:13 PM
pikabeeash Offline
Banned

When i saw at japan two episodes of the first season so i when i heard abouth it on kids Wb when canada has the WB channel so know i'm gonna be a fan for life
Old 09-24-2007, 12:44 AM
Kayla Offline
Elite Trainer

It just suddenly appeared. One day I'm at school, everyone's outside at recess playing on the swings or the jungle gym, not knowing anything about this Pokemon thing. Then, ka-bang. The next day practically the whole school is talking about and there's no one on the playground anymore, they are all huddled up in groups talking about the show or trading cards. It was a bit creepy. So, my obsession started with the litle pack of cards my mom bought me later that day.
Old 09-24-2007, 12:58 AM
Flan Offline

Send a message via AIM to Flan

Brother gave me Pokemon Gold.
I fell in love with Pokemon afterwards. :P
Order in which I fell in love with Pokemon.

Gold > Silver > Red > Blue > Yellow > Crystal > Ruby > Sapphire > Emerald > PMDR > Diamond

I win. :3
1634 7867 9741 - heartgold
Old 09-24-2007, 01:13 AM
W0LFE Offline
New Trainer

Mine was from the start and forever, too. =)

Old 09-24-2007, 10:10 PM
Dark Chaos Offline

Send a message via AIM to Dark Chaos Send a message via MSN to Dark Chaos

Oh, I love telling this story.

Well, it all began somewhere in Colorado, (Or was it Nebraska?) as my family and I were crossing the country by car to visit my grandparents. My brother had bought a copy of Nickelodeon Magazine. On the back was an ad featuring all these strange creatures stuck together into one group, and a giant net about to swoop down on them. In the bottom-right, it said "Poke-come-on?" to my very young mind. (I remember looking at the Snorlax and thinking its teeth were its eyes, and its eyes were eyebrows.) I had no idea what was going on.
Fast-forward a couple weeks, when that little visit is over, and I'm flipping through the channels. On comes this little cartoon where a yellow thingy and another thingy with a cow's skull or something on its head were battling, and Mr. Cow-skull getting hit with his own boomerang.
Fast-forward a couple more weeks, and an issue of GamePro (The one that had the original Metal Gear Solid on the cover, for those wondering) explained to me just what this pokémon thing was. I saw that yellow thing again, this time with a name: "Pikachu." I thought, "Oh, so that's what this all is. How cute."
I was hooked from there on in for some reason, and never missed an episode up until they started over from episode one (Right after that one where all the Exeggutor were charging into that one town or something like that, for those of you who like to keep track of that kind of thing.). I wanted the game quite badly for Christmas, because, hey, if a show's good, then the game's gotta be even better, right? Well, apparently, in this case, that otherwise-horrible childhood logic paid off: I've never been quite as happy with a game as that Christmas day when I got the Blue version and a Game Boy Color.
My parents never quite managed to understand the obsession, but I gave them an A for effort after my mother tried to get with the scene by sticking the Red/Blue strategy guide under the tree that year and labeling it from "Pickachou." vv
Old 09-24-2007, 10:15 PM
Bryce Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Send a message via AIM to Bryce

Erm...

okay, i will not go into a big explanation like all ya'll before me......

i will just say: "HOW COULD YOU NOT HAVE DISCOVERED POKEMON WHEN IT FIRST CAME OUT!?"

it was like the biggest revolution EVER and just about every kid on the earth was playing it back in the late 90's.....

me and my 2 sisters played through the first 2 generations together: R/B/Y & G/S/C, but then i kinda went off on my own w/ it and have like every game.... they stopped long ago..

BRYCExKAT
Old 09-27-2007, 11:01 PM
benjay07 Offline

Ive loved pokemon since like forevers and ever
Old 09-27-2007, 11:08 PM
MagmarMan Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Pokemon came to my area in second grade, first with the cards and the anime. As I didn't have a gameboy then the games didn't do anything for me. I started watching the anime and collecting the cards (I must have spent so much money on the cards). I stopped liking pokemon in fourth and fifth grade but I've since gotten back into it (duh...).
Banner By Me ^_^
Old 09-29-2007, 04:08 AM
Nitro Offline
Ultra RPG Official

Send a message via AIM to Nitro

when i was a little kid, my grandma gave me a pikachu doll. at first it freaked me out and i always cried when i saw it. now that im older i am totally obsessed with it. doesnt make sense at all to me.