Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: General Board

Pokemon: General Board General discussion about Pokemon in general. If the topic of your thread does not fall into the subjects in the other boards, post it there. In other words, everything else belongs here if it doesn't have a board of its own.

Old 09-23-2007, 09:46 AM
Owen_Guy Offline

Send a message via MSN to Owen_Guy
Talking How did you find pokemon

In this thread i will ask how you got in to pokemon whether:

you liked it from the start?

you found it in the later years?

a friend introduced to it?

or which other you can think of

Mine was from the start and forever
Old 09-23-2007, 10:04 AM
Golden-Silver Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Default Re: How did you find pokemon

mine was from the start till forever

Old 09-23-2007, 10:25 AM
Dreamerboi Offline
Amateur Trainer

Start For Me To
Old 09-23-2007, 12:01 PM
Xatu_Of_Doom Offline
Amateur Trainer

I started to like pokemon when I was four, but I can't exactly remember how I started to like it and why. I think the pokemon evolving and battling got me into it, and I think I watched it on TV, back when Ash had just started on his adventure. Before that though, I hated pokemon. I thought it was just another one of those anime things like yu gi oh. And back then, I hated anime. And now, I still don't like it much anyway. I hated the pokemon anime after it came up to the Johto part. Ever since then, I haven't really watched the TV show of pokemon. But I adore the games and trading cards and nothing will ever change that. But I really don't like the anime, and one of the main reasons is because it is starting to get boring. It is just the same thing over and over, collect badges, battle, get pokemon, blah, blah, blah. That's another reason why I get bored of the games sometimes too, since it mainly just the same thing on there too, get badges, pokemon, etc. But I still like the games better than the anime. The movies are okay in my opinion though.
Old 09-23-2007, 12:48 PM
goombaghost Offline
Amateur Trainer

Send a message via AIM to goombaghost

I remember my brother coming out and getting me when i was really young saying there was a show he thought i'd like. And after the first episode i saw i thought it was awesome and i've been into it ever since. the games atleast. I outgrew the show
Old 09-23-2007, 12:51 PM
jabpoké Offline
Elite Trainer

I liked it from the start. My big bro had every old Pokémon card, including Ancient Mew and Charizard, and I liked them a lot. After I stole one, I had to give it back, but my brother said there's games and anime.

Credit to the amazing Wingull!
Pokémon of the month - Suicune!
YAY! I got voted in MOTM!Thanks for everyone who did!
Old 09-23-2007, 12:54 PM
TheEvilDookie Offline

Send a message via AIM to TheEvilDookie Send a message via MSN to TheEvilDookie Send a message via Skype™ to TheEvilDookie

i started playing the games about a month or 2 after they came out cause my bro got red AND blue and 1 day i asked if i could play one so i started playing red and he made me start where zapdos was and im just like "now what?"

after that, i started to try and watch the show which was on at 1:30 pm........ during the week....... who could actually watch that? xD

^ Anastasia-R ^
Current VPP: Palkia > Level 100: 6987
Old 09-23-2007, 01:17 PM
Trainer of Shadows Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Trainer of Shadows

I used to play Red and Blue as a young kid, and Gold and Silver.
Then, like most, i got bored and moved on.
But a year or two ago, I was bored one week. So i found my FireRed and my friend and I started to play.
The release of Diamond and Pearl was very soon, and when that came out, Pokemon stopped being something to do and became an obsession.

~ToS~

TSA lives on.

WifiFX - KageryuEX - fullmetal - zukirin - Jesus of Magikarps - Brettmeeink - Donal - ParadoxiticO - Rinol - Sinnoboy1
HOLY CRAP I FORGOT figmented imagination!
Old 09-23-2007, 01:23 PM
-PK Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 7)

When my mom got it for me for Christams(red and blue), that caused me to like it a lot and I still do. I grew more oobsessed over time.
Old 09-23-2007, 01:58 PM
Galactic Spriter Offline

A Friend Introduced Crystal to me then he told me to buy Sapphire then i bought Emerald then i just bought Diamond and Pearl on my own.

Galactic Grunt
Old 09-23-2007, 03:55 PM
JentleViolence Offline

Send a message via AIM to JentleViolence

Well, my bigger brother LOVED it when it came out-he bought the cards, bought all the video games, bought the strategy guide, etc. Of course, all of his friends loved it too. They would go to the library and battle cards, go to each others houses and battle Pokemon, geez....they were just one huge group of pokemon freaks...

With all this exposure, I eventually go into it as well. I liked it, even though at that time I couldn't read what the cards said. x3

Oh, and before you ask, he's not so much of a Pokemon freak anymore...though he does play Diamond...
Old 09-23-2007, 04:07 PM
Dark_Nova Offline

My friend showed me his Red when I was like six, and then I've liked it ever since.
Old 09-23-2007, 04:11 PM
Chiakakiri Offline
Amateur Trainer

My mother actually got me hooked on it when I was about three or four. Starting with the cards & anime. I eventually collected thousands of rare cards..I even had a Holographic (Y'know those cards that are kinda shiny) Charizard, but my mom sold it on Ebay TT_TT. Then when I was about eight I got my first GBA, along with Pokemon Ruby. Then it was ALL over xD. I've so far been up-to-date with all the Pokemon games & i'm trying to figure out the science behind EVs, IVs, Movesets etc. (Hard though!) xP I also want to get an old GB color & old Pokemon games just for fun ^^.
Old 09-23-2007, 04:15 PM
Moonlit Umbreon Offline
Master Trainer

Well here it goes.

One day a LONG time ago, I lost my Game Boy Color.
So then I got a new one. And you would know, Crystal version came with it. So I decided to play it, and LOVED it. Also, a bit before this, this guy I knew always bought the cards and showed them off to me. -_-

But yes, I was a HORRIBLE player when I first played.
You know, the "Getting your starter 60 levels higher than anyone else on your team and not caring" deal? Like that.

I also watched the anime a few times back when it was still on the Jhoto series, but then I stopped completely at Hoenn because it became the nightmare I never wanted Pokemon to experience. -shrugs- So I'm mostly a game person, though I try seeing each movie at least once. (Though the last one was complete trash, in my opinion.)
Old 09-23-2007, 04:36 PM
TeirusuFX Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via MSN to TeirusuFX Send a message via Yahoo to TeirusuFX Send a message via Skype™ to TeirusuFX

There's a chair in your way...

I found it since after my dad bought me Pokemon Puzzle League for the Game Boy Color (I still own 2 Game Boy Colors...lol)

...OMG! WHAT DO YOU DO???

Ah! Aya-chan! Aya-chan genki?