Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Role Play

Role Play Make Role Plays or join them. It's your world. Everybody else just lives in it.

Closed Thread

Old 09-21-2007, 06:54 PM
MegaArticuno Offline
Elite Trainer

Lightbulb The Soul Seekers (Pokemon/Naruto Cross)

PLOT:
People have been hearing rumours about people with extraordinary jutsu powers. The powers come from the spirtis of all the legendary scrolls, which come from the minds of the four legendary trios of the Pokemon World. The scrolls operate on a mystical force inside the body. When the power and the words are combined, the user can attack or defend with unusual powers. The heroes haven't received the scrolls, but there is an almost extra terrestrial power linking them to the scrolls. The Naruto world has crossed with the Pokemon world, to create a whole new alternate universe in which both Naruto and Pokemon have mixed to be one single world. The trainers and the legendaries supplying the extraordinary powers are being hunted by an evil corporation (isn't it always the way?) which wants to destroy them and send the entire world into anarchy, where they will rule all. The heroes must evade the corp, save the legendaries and protect the world from chaos...

Rules:
1. No spam.
2. 1 entry only.
3. NO SPAM.
4. Be sensible with your forms.
5. NO FRIGGING SPAM POST! THAT DRIVES ME NUTS!!!!!

~SIGN-UP TIME!~
Here's the form!

------------
Name:
Home Location:
Pokemon in Scroll:
Description:
Personality:
History:
Powers:
Pokemon:
Signature Jutsu:
------------

Example:
------------
Name: Adesk.
Home Location: Sunyshore.
Pokemon in Scroll: Articuno Scroll.
Description: Moody when losing, a Joker when not in trouble, he always fools around.
Personality: Adesk is a no-win, no-try kind of guy. If he doesn't win, he goes all strange, as if taken over by Articuno and quick-freezes everything.
History: Adesk has been secluded from the rest of his family. He never tries for friends. When forcefully put into groups, he will not co-operate, preferring to work on his own.
Powers: Freezes anyone who gets in his way.
Pokemon: Vaporeon.
Signature Jutsu: Spirit Dragon. He makes the Shadow Clone hand signal and a giant seethrough dragon comes out of his chest and envelops the opponent(s). Then, Adesk comes back to himself and finishes off the enem(y)(ies).
------------

Articuno: Taken by me
Zapdos:
Moltres:
Entei:
Raikou:
Suicune:
Regice:
Regirock:
Registeel:
Uxie:
Mesprit:
Azelf:

Last edited by MegaArticuno; 09-22-2007 at 08:40 PM.
Old 09-22-2007, 12:03 AM
Dr Scott Offline
Vanilla Bear

Send a message via AIM to Dr Scott Send a message via MSN to Dr Scott Send a message via Yahoo to Dr Scott Send a message via Skype™ to Dr Scott
Default Re: The Soul Seekers (Pokemon/Naruto Cross)

Howdy.

You're going to need to add a lot to the plot.

Check out the RP Guide if you need help.

"God, my brilliance is now somewhat of a burden. Get back to me."
Old 09-22-2007, 12:36 AM
Draconic_Espeon Offline

Send a message via AIM to Draconic_Espeon Send a message via MSN to Draconic_Espeon Send a message via Yahoo to Draconic_Espeon Send a message via Skype™ to Draconic_Espeon

As Scott suggested, you really need to expand upon this some. You don't even really say in the plot where the RP takes place- in the Naruto world, or the Pokemon World, though your sign-up does suggest that it would be in the Pokemon World. Unless you plan on changing a lot of how the Pokemon World in general works, and make it more ninja-based instead of trainer-based, I'd say that the Naruto World with Pokemon would be a better choice of location.

Also, your plot has very little description at all outside the fact that there are these strange scrolls. Where did they come from? Why do these jutsu's give you the power of the legends? As a suggestion, maybe you could do something along the lines that the souls and powers of the Legendary trios were tied into these scrolls long ago, and by mastering the jutsu, the legendary becomes a part of you, and through using the jutsu itself, you can use that Legend's powers. Of course, you can do whatever you want, that was just a suggestion.

You don't really explain how the characters obtained these scrolls, either. Maybe they found them, or it was handed down through generations. Or, maybe it was given to them by a strange person, something like that. Of course, you'll have to have a reason why if you chose the latter.

You also don't have a conflict. With something so powerful, you'd think there'd be something out to get them, wouldn't you? A roleplay is boring without conflict, so adding something here would make things much more interesting.

One last thing. Your sign-up sheet leaves a bit to be desired. Usually, when creating one, you want to put the shorter answers, like name, age, ect., up at the top, with longer sections like description and personality more towards the bottom. If I could suggest a sign-up form for this RP, I'd say you should go with something like this.

Quote:
Name:
Home Location:
Pokemon in Scroll:
Description:
Personality:
History:
Powers:
Pokemon:
Something like this would be ideal, but feel free to mix it up to however you want it, just making sure to begin with Name, Age, and Gender. Also, you really need both Description and History in a sign-up, so that you can describe your character and also what happened in his or her life to make them who they are today. History can help make a character, and often people model their characters after their History.

Overall, I really do think this RP has a lot of potential. It just needs to be added to and made all it can possibly be for it to succeed. I have no doubt that it'll do well once you get it going and change some things, though. There's lots of RPer's here who love Naruto. Just put a bit of effort into the storyline and you'll have an awesome RP. ^^

Old 09-22-2007, 03:50 AM
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official

Send a message via AIM to Lord Fedora

^Agreed with everything that DE just said, especially this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draconic_Espeon View Post
Overall, I really do think this RP has a lot of potential. It just needs to be added to and made all it can possibly be for it to succeed. I have no doubt that it'll do well once you get it going and change some things, though. There's lots of RPer's here who love Naruto. Just put a bit of effort into the storyline and you'll have an awesome RP. ^^
This is an interesting idea, though the plot could use some fine tuning. It's also really true that we've got a ton of Naruto RPers on here. The longest lasting RPs I've seen are not actually Pokemon RPs, despite the fact that this is a Pokemon site, but instead are Naruto RPs. They seem to last longer every time.
Old 09-22-2007, 09:57 AM
MegaArticuno Offline
Elite Trainer

Lightbulb Re: The Soul Seekers (Pokemon/Naruto Cross)

I changed the plot a bit. Hope it is now satisfactory. And if anyone wants to join, fill in the quoted form on Draconic Espeon's Post.

Last edited by MegaArticuno; 09-22-2007 at 10:01 AM.
Old 09-22-2007, 03:16 PM
MegaArticuno Offline
Elite Trainer

Doesn't Anyone want to join?
Old 09-22-2007, 03:19 PM
Skylily Offline
Experienced Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaArticuno View Post
I changed the plot a bit. Hope it is now satisfactory. And if anyone wants to join, fill in the quoted form on Draconic Espeon's Post.
That just showed me how much effort you are putting in for this RP.
How can you not even copy and paste that simple thing to your RP sign-up post?
And you forgot to mention the rules of the RP.
I still think the plot is a bit short and not too informative...
And please change your font color. It hurts my eyes to just look at it....

Last edited by Skylily; 09-22-2007 at 03:21 PM.
Old 09-22-2007, 03:36 PM
MegaArticuno Offline
Elite Trainer

I put a bit more effort into it. I put in rules, I put the spaces (well, I will.), I even edited my first post to show DE's form.
P.S. Change the forum skin at the bottom from Blue Commune or whatever you have into I-Bulletin Blue. Then my text won't hurt as much.
Old 09-22-2007, 09:07 PM
Dr Scott Offline
Vanilla Bear

Send a message via AIM to Dr Scott Send a message via MSN to Dr Scott Send a message via Yahoo to Dr Scott Send a message via Skype™ to Dr Scott

Eye bleeding font aside, I'd suggest joining other RPs before starting to make your own. Hosting an RP is a lot of work, and it'd be a lot easier if you got experience on RPs in general and how they work in the forum.

Take what DE said into consideration, join a few RPs, read the guides, and try again when you think you're experienced enough.

Love,
Scott

"God, my brilliance is now somewhat of a burden. Get back to me."
Closed Thread