Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Role Play

Role Play Make Role Plays or join them. It's your world. Everybody else just lives in it.

Old 09-18-2007, 07:38 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Send a message via AIM to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via MSN to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via Yahoo to Dog of Hellsing
Default [SU] Body and Soul [CLOSED]

Plot: You wake to a room that is lit by a dim light, which seems to have trouble deciding whether it wants to stay on or not as it strobes maniacally. You’re supported, on something long and stiff: you’re halfway between standing and lying. You realize after a moment that you’re not falling because there are leather straps holding you snugly against whatever it is you’re lying/standing against. And then you notice something else that’s just as strange: the scratchy pants and shirt that you’re clad in. You scowl a little: why would you be wearing clothes? You look down and see something that makes your mind go blank. You are not only wearing clothes, something else here is terribly wrong, because you are…

Human.

You shake your head, unable to think straight. This can’t be right; it has to be some strange dream. You look around the room, but there is nothing that you can see to either side or in front of you except empty space. You struggle against your binds, and after a moment you get free. It would seem the person who strapped you down didn’t do it very well: this leads you to wonder if you may have friends in this place. It’s hard to tell, as you have no memories of yourself or how you came to be here. All you know is that you SHOULD be a Pokemon.

You land on awkward human feet after freeing yourself and stumble, tripping yourself and falling to your knees. When they hit the cold tile floor, pains shoots up your legs and makes you gasp. You take a moment, the loss or perhaps the gaining of limbs making you feel odd and off-balance. Then, cautiously, you push yourself to your new feet. It takes a moment to get used to standing as a human, but when you’ve got your bearings you turn to look at the rear of the room.

The only other thing in this room besides the gurney you were on (you can see it now, and it makes you shudder though you don’t know why) is a table about two yards behind the table-like bed. One that table is a single item: a PokeBall. Normally, you feel anxious and wary of them; you’ve seen Pokemon get captured in them before. But for some strange reason, this one calls out to you. Without knowing why, you walk over to the table and pick up the red-and-white orb. The moment you do, it begins to wiggle, then suddenly snaps open. You give a startled cry, a strange, harsh, human noise, and drop the Ball as a brilliant white flare emanates from it. Seconds later the light fades and a Pokemon is revealed standing before you.

It takes you a long moment to make the connection, but when you do you give another cry. The thought that this is some strange dream is strengthened by what you see. You shake your head, trying to force yourself to wake up, but it doesn’t happen. After a moment, you look back to the Pokemon staring emotionlessly at you. There’s no doubt about it: those markings, those eyes, the subtle things only you would notice…The Pokemon before you is YOU.

“How…how can this be…” you ask weakly, your voice coarse. The fact that you speak human words is a physical shock and you let out a tiny gasp. Your body watches you, then speaks in a dead voice. When it talks, its words are in the language of Pokemon, not humans.

“We must leave. It is the only way.”

“I don’t understand…” you weakly protest, and your body goes to pick up the PokeBall. It holds it out to you, and you hesitantly take it.

“You are me and I am you. We are one and the same, a whole divided into parts. We were separated by heartless humans. I hold our memories, our powers. Only by finding what tore us apart can we become whole once more. Come, it is time to leave.” Your body then starts to walk, and soon you’re following yourself. You exit the room, your mind whirling. How did this happen? Why does only your Pokemon self have your memories? As if reading your mind, your body begins talking again. “It is hard to explain, but essentially you are the spirit and I am the vessel. I feel nothing, no mental or physical emotions or sensations. If I am injured, you will feel the pain. If I am sad, you will feel it, not I. But being the spirit, you feel your own emotions and sensations. You were somehow giving physical form, separate from me. If I die, so do you, and vice versa. I hold our powers, but there are things you can do as well. I hold our memories, but I can only share them with you through words. There is no way for me to transfer them to you. You will have to remember on your own. I do not know why, but that’s how it is. I can speak with you and only you, because we share a mutual connection. We are one, even though we are separate. No other will be able to speak with me, nor can I talk with any other.”

You walk in silence, not saying anything in response. It’s all too much to take in. However, you soon have something else to think about. As you walk down a long hallway, you sense that there are others like you here. You decide to find them before you leave here: maybe together you will find out what has happened to you, and how, and why. And maybe you will discover how to undo what was done and return to being a normal Pokemon.

But there are dangers. You weren’t allowed to simply free yourself and wander the place where you and the others were kept. You’re being watched, though you don’t know it. And it’s all one big experiment…

Please note: I am only accepting 4-5 people, and I will only accept people who can convince me they will post regularly. This means at least one post every 3-4 days. I realize that school and work make things hectic, but too many RPs are dying because people are joining and then never posting. Please, if you don't think you can be active, don't join. Just so you know, posts should contain at least two paragraphs (4-5 full sentences each).

Rules:

1) Follow all of PE2K's rules and the ToS.
2) Romance is allowed, but keep it clean.
3) This is a literate RP! Don't post chat-speak or one-liners or you'll die.
4) No bunnying.
5) No god-moding.
6) Check back here once in a while to make sure no rules have been changed or added.

Notes:

1) You are the spirit. Your "Pokemon" is your body. Since you're seperated, your body feels no pain or anything of the like. All that is transferred to you. If your body is injured, you'll be injured as well. If your body becomes "sad," it is you who will be feeling it.

2) Choose a resonably-sized Pokemon to be please. Also choose one that can move easily on land (no Wailords or Feebas or anything lol).

3) We all meet in the lab. You can either be looking for the others, hiding somewhere, or still unconscious. Whatever floats your boat.

4) Remember, your body can only talk with you. The bodies of other Pokemon cannot talk to other bodies, and spirits can't talk to the bodies of other spirits. Others can TRY talking to your body, but it won't respond to them or even ackowledge them.

5) You are being followed and watched, but you don't know it. Later in the RP we can set it up that everyonr finds out they're being followed and are still in possible danger, but not too early on.

6) The "object" that seperated you from your body is being held by those who are following and watching you. Keep that in mind for later in the RP ^^.

7) As with the rules, check back here often to make sure nothing has been edited or added.

Forms:

For your human self-

Name:
Age (not an actual age, just how old you appear):
Gender (will be the same as your Pokemon body):
Description (pics welcome):
Personality:
Anything Extra:

And for the Pokemon self:

Species:
Distinguishing Marks?:
Anything Extra:

Note: No History, since you don't remember anything about yourself or how you got in the place we start.

That's it! Once a few people have joined I'll start the RP! ^^

Players:

Accepted:
*Me lol
*Cogi276
*Deoxys_Trainer
*Draconic_Espeon
*Kaze
*Gaby
*Neo Pikachu
*Coldboy

Rejected:

Pending:

Reserved:

Banned:

^Rock Musical Bleach^

Last edited by Dog of Hellsing; 09-21-2007 at 12:41 AM.
Old 09-18-2007, 08:16 PM
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official

Send a message via AIM to Lord Fedora
Default Re: [SU] Body and Soul

Reservation reservation reservation reservation RESERVATION!!!!

Sorry. Had to get that out of my system. Anyways, I'm placing a reservation. And if you point out that I haven't been posting anywhere lately, it's because I'm waiting on Oats to accept my second sign-up in the Naruto RP as my next post is dependent on it's acceptance, and I'm waiting for everyone to post at least once in my own RP.
Old 09-18-2007, 08:31 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Send a message via AIM to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via MSN to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via Yahoo to Dog of Hellsing

Heh, right-o, I'll reserve you a spot. *Goes to do so.*

^Rock Musical Bleach^
Old 09-18-2007, 08:32 PM
Cogi276 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyranitar_Trainer View Post
Heh, right-o, I'll reserve you a spot. *Goes to do so.*
Hello. I would consider joining but I must know. How literate do you like people and how detailed must the sign-up be?

~Cogi~
Old 09-18-2007, 08:32 PM
Brainiac Offline

Send a message via AIM to Brainiac Send a message via MSN to Brainiac Send a message via Yahoo to Brainiac

This sounds awesome! I would love to join, bu I don't think that I should....

My concience overweighs my desire (Psh, as if!) well, I don't think that it is a good idea for me to join another role play at the moment, because I've just applied for a third, which also happens to be my third role play. that and the fct that I'll be leaving for like eight days at the beginning of october.

If that weren't the case, I would have a sign up ready in an instant.

Good luck with this. I will be reading everything that happen's, even though I'm not joining.

Old 09-18-2007, 08:39 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cogi276 View Post
Hello. I would consider joining but I must know. How literate do you like people and how detailed must the sign-up be?

~Cogi~
Literate just means correct grammar and spelling, no chatspeak (liek th!s, u kn0w?) and no one-liners. You really only need about a paragraph for the Personality. If you describe your char and don't give a pic, then about a paragraph and a half for that, please ^^.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainiac View Post
This sounds awesome! I would love to join, bu I don't think that I should....

My concience overweighs my desire (Psh, as if!) well, I don't think that it is a good idea for me to join another role play at the moment, because I've just applied for a third, which also happens to be my third role play. that and the fct that I'll be leaving for like eight days at the beginning of october.

If that weren't the case, I would have a sign up ready in an instant.

Good luck with this. I will be reading everything that happen's, even though I'm not joining.
Aaaww, well, you're a good RP'er. It woulda been nice if you could join, but maybe next time ^^.

^Rock Musical Bleach^
Old 09-18-2007, 08:45 PM
Cogi276 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Alright then ill be happy to join! I can definitely do that!

Human
Name: Cogi
Description:
Personality: Cogi is a loner. He likes to be alone and he never lets anyone do his work for him no matter what. He always does it himself no matter what the cost. Cogi isn't always alone though. That's only to the people he doesn't know. To his his friends he is the best pal a guy can be. He is exactly outgoing and always talkative. He really knows how to make things interesting. But ... That's only around his best friends. If he doesn't know you that well he is very shy.
Anything Extra: He will be quite shy near the beginning ........

Pokemon
Species: Torchic
Distinguishing Marks?: Its colors are flipped, it has red feathers and a yellow/orange body
Anything Extra: No ........

~Cogi~
Old 09-18-2007, 08:49 PM
Shen Offline
Paladin of Dragons

Send a message via AIM to Shen Send a message via MSN to Shen Send a message via Yahoo to Shen Send a message via Skype™ to Shen

OMG TT! *dies and revives* This is awesome. Allow me to be your first sign-up ^^! EDIT: Okay, second xP.

Human Self

-Name: Shadow (He is a pokemon, after all xP)

-Description:

-Personality: He is a tough fighter, but never one to get lost in the ecstasy of battle. He always tried to find alternate routes around the fights, but having never recieved mercy from the opposing creatures, he will fight those who oppose him. He holds himself back immensly near the end of a fight if he is nearing victory, careful not to do something he'd regret, like killing an innocent soul. He has not experienced the horror of commiting murder, even in territorial and rivalry fights, and he intends to keep it that way for a long time, if not his whole life. He is not one to give up, especially on a difficult challenge.

He's rather modest, never taking more credit than was due and hardly ever accepting praise or something similar. He is friendly enough, but he's learned to not let others decieve him into false security. He is sympathetic to those in need of help or friendship, having traveled down both paths.

-Anything Extra: N/A (Might edit later)

Pokemon Self

-Species: Umbreon

-Distinguishing Marks: Well, his silver eyes are almost a dead giveaway...but his right foreleg also has a dull scar tracing in a spiral down the limb.

-Anything Extra: Seems to be made for battle: great strength, sharps claws and teeth, excellent tracking and hunting abilities, etc.

Last edited by Shen; 09-18-2007 at 09:42 PM.
Old 09-18-2007, 08:50 PM
Cogi276 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deoxys Trainer View Post
OMG TT! *dies and revives* This is awesome. Allow me to be your first sign-up ^^!
Sorry beat you to it! *Points 2 post up and 1 above yours* Bad luck but it looks good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deoxys Trainer View Post
EDIT: Okay, second xP

XDDDDD Thats funny ......

~Cogi~

Last edited by Cogi276; 09-18-2007 at 09:01 PM.
Old 09-18-2007, 08:59 PM
Draconic_Espeon Offline

Send a message via AIM to Draconic_Espeon Send a message via MSN to Draconic_Espeon Send a message via Yahoo to Draconic_Espeon Send a message via Skype™ to Draconic_Espeon

I might join, depending on whether or not I feel up to it. I've been kinda loosing interest in roleplays fast all of a sudden, so I'm not gurranteeing anything.

If I do join, I'll post my sign-up.

Old 09-18-2007, 09:01 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

@ Cogi and DT: Nice sign-ups guys! You're both Accepted! I'll get my sign-up together soon.

EDIT: DE, should I reserve you a spot?

^Rock Musical Bleach^
Old 09-18-2007, 09:07 PM
Cogi276 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Quote:
@ Cogi and DT: Nice sign-ups guys! You're both Accepted! I'll get my sign-up together soon.

Thanks thats one of my best Sign-ups ive ever done! Well if I had history it would be nice but .......That helps cause its less I have to write!

~Cogi~
Old 09-18-2007, 09:16 PM
Draconic_Espeon Offline

Send a message via AIM to Draconic_Espeon Send a message via MSN to Draconic_Espeon Send a message via Yahoo to Draconic_Espeon Send a message via Skype™ to Draconic_Espeon

Quote:
Yeah, go ahead. I'm already working on a sign-up anyhow.

EDIT: Yay sign-up! No History makes it quick...

~Soul~

Name: Ashitaka (Ashi for short.)

Description
Ashi is rather short, even for a twelve year old. His skin is naturally a light tan, making his bright blue eyes a little strange, to say the least. His messy hair is jet black and kind of spikey looking. He usually can be seen with a grin on his face, no matter what the situation. Like his height, his overall body structure is small and thin, despite the fact that he has the tendancy to eat just about whatever he can get his hands on.

He wears a pair of baggy denim shorts that reach down to his knees, along with a black T-shirt. On the shirt is a four-pronged yellow star like what you might find on the tip of a Shinx's tail. He also wears black and blue flip-flops that smack his feet as he walks.

Personality
Ashi is outgoing, and, at times, irritatingly happy. Even in the worst of situations, he can find a reason to smile and laugh, and encourages those around him to laugh, too. In those regards, he really can't take a hint. You almost have to yell at him to get him to shut up. It's easy to see how he can also be loud and talkative.

You might think to look at him that Ashi would be naive, but you'd be wrong. Though he doesn't remember it, Ashi had a tough life, and he realizes that there are bad things in this world as well as good. He just chooses to look on the bright side of things, to laugh or joke rather than cry and moan about how unlucky he is or how much his life sucks. Not surprisingly, Ashi is also a loyal friend. He's quick to trust others, probably too quick, but if you cross him, you'll find yourself in a world of hurt. Back stabbers are the one thing he truly hates.

Anything Extra
He'll eat anything... Except meat. He's not entirely sure why, he just won't. (Has to do with his currently unknown past.)

~Body~

Species: Shinx

Distinguishing Marks?
A scar on his right side, though he doesn't know how he got it. Also, all four paws are blue, not just the front ones. He's small, too, with a short tuft of fur on the top of his head. As a result, many people believe he is a female.

Anything Extra
He's pretty agile, but cannot run for long distances without wearing out. Also, his electrical attacks are slightly more potent than that of your average Shinx.

Last edited by Draconic_Espeon; 09-18-2007 at 09:42 PM.
Old 09-18-2007, 09:31 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Human Self:
Name: Aisha

Description:

Personality: Aisha is soft-spoken and kind. She rarely raises her voice, but when she does, you know something'd eating at her. Friendly and compassionate, she's the kind of person, er, Pokemon, that you would want as a pal. However, don't take her gentle nature as a sign of weakness. Even though she doesn't much like to fight, she's a surprisingly tough competetor. Usually she'll only fight to defend herself or someone she cares for, though if you get her angry enough (a feat in itself), she'll let you have a healthy dose of ass-whipping. She also can't stand traitors and will hunt them down with a passion if someone betrays her or one she loves.

Being seperated from her body and put into human form has made the Pokemon somewhat shyer than she normally is. It's something to see when she tried to overcome that shyness because she's so out-going.

Once you get to know her well, she becomes more playful and goofy. Until then, though, she's usually pretty serious and down-to-earth.

Anything Extra: She doesn't like spicy foods at all and enjoys sleeping. It's one of her favorite things to do.

Pokemon Self:
Species: Espeon

Distinguishing Marks?: The jewel on her forehead is white instead of red and constantly glows with a soft light.

Anything Extra: Nope

^Rock Musical Bleach^
Old 09-18-2007, 09:58 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Double-post, yay lol.

Nice DE, I like! You is Accepted!

I think I'll accept one more person after Eeveeking finishes his bio. That would be six of us, I believe, a good number for an RP. I think I'll go start the RP now and get the Discussion thread up ^^.

EDIT: Sorry all, I gotta start the RP tomorrow, gotta go now. Unless one of you guys wants to start it ^^. Remember, if you start the RP don't forget to also make the Discussion thread.

^Rock Musical Bleach^

Last edited by Dog of Hellsing; 09-18-2007 at 10:05 PM.