Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Role Play

Role Play Make Role Plays or join them. It's your world. Everybody else just lives in it.

Old 09-16-2007, 04:47 AM
Shuricel Offline
Master Trainer

Default +Anima: Return of the Anthros.

Note: You don't need to read the paragraphs before the mark in bold if you already up to about Book 4 in the manga. It's suggested to read it if you've never heard of it, though. Warning, there are some spoilers, but I also had to make bits and pieces up every once in a while.

Many centuries ago, there was a land seperated from the rest of the world by the sea. It was divided into a few regions, such as Asteria and Sailand, and had many large cities such as Astar, Stella, and Octopus. But there was one unique feature of this region, that none of the others held. It's still a mystery why it only effected this region, though none ponder it anymore, and very few had pondered it in the past.

The thing that this island held, that no other region had, were the +Anima.

The +Anima were a unique race of humans, beginning in the Kim-um-kir people. These +Anima would often gain many reactions. Some put them up in freak shows, in order to gain a quick buck, while others would be almost sympathetic to these humans. Others tended to be jealous of the unique abilities the +Anima had, while others tended to befriend them, or even use them, because of their unique abilities. Meanwhile, others despised them.

Some people said they weren't even human.

Each +Anima had one identifying feature: a black hued tattoo located somewhere on their body. It could be something as simple as a few lines, or something incredibly complicated and impossible to figure out which line ends where.

But people could only become +Anima under two conditions. The first condition was that you had to be at the age of 15, or younger. The second requirement was a little harder to reach though. You had to be nearing the point of death, the point where there was no hope, when it seemed like there was no return. Because of this, people could never become +Anima on purpose.

When they reached these two requirements, a change would take place. The first stage would be the less noticable one: The mark being etched into the skin, marking them as an +Anima for life. The second stage was the one that gave the +Anima it's powers: Their body would shift, growing the wings of a bird, or becoming more fishlike, almost looking like a merperson in appearance. They'd gain whatever characteristic they needed to escape death.

The +Anima powers varied widely: Some would gain the power of flight, their arms morphing into wings, or wings coming from their back. Some would gain more subtle features, such as superhuman hearing or sight, though there were always less noticeable differences, such as larger ears the the gain of claws. There was an endless amount of possibilities. Fortunately, the reciever of the powers would have the ability to change back into their human form, and vice versa.

Unless, they reached the point of no return. Though rare, some of the +Anima would morph into almost full-animal like states when they first turned into +Anima. They'd lose their minds to ravenous instincts to survive, never regaining the ability to change back. Never being able to end their existence as a monster.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

After a few hundred years of the first few +Anima, a two-century period of peace descended upon the island. There were few wars, and next to no life threatening deaths occured to people, and those that did happened to the older population. The existing +Anima died out.

People started to doubt the very existance of them a decade after they became extinct. No trace of them were found until 1500 hundred years later.....

It all began after an expedition in Australia. Very little of it was noted down in history in the year it occured. The details were unknown, though there are a few confirmed facts.

A strange room filled with a sparkling jewel, and many carvings of strange animal-like beasts was uncovered. It's other known that a small landslide happened afterwards, causing most of the sanctuary to be lost under the rubble.

The magic unleashed had not been undone, however.

The father, who had come with his 14 year old son, was in grief, sure that his child had died in the rockslide. Unfortunately, this was not the case. Though the child did die, it turned out it was at the hands of it's own father.

The man remembered seeing a strange creature emerge from the ruins. It looked human enough. But it was a frightening enough to cause the man to use his arms.

The being had a strange, desert-lizard like hide on it's back, it's head covered by a mop of unruly brown hair. It had a more reptile like snout, and large claws had replaced it forelegs. A large dusty brown tail that was known to belong to one of the local lizards adorned it's hindquarters.

If you had looked closely, you'd have seen the slash like mark atop it's shoulder. Unfortunately, the body had been lost to the sand.

This incident had never been spoken of. At least, at not till it started happening in other places.

The first report, approximately three hours later, was in the streets of new york. A thirteen year old had jumped off a twenty story building in a suicide attempt. Fourteen stories down, the tween had grown feathery brown wings, matching those of the pigeon sheltering on the skyscraper. Witnesses reported seeing him fly off, startled. It had been the next days headline.

Many of these beings came into existance. Drowning children had been reported to have grown gills and become more fishlike and quickly swam out. An African boy in Mali had been reported to have grown a Rhino-like hide and gain the strength of one also after being toppled by a tree.

People reacted in many different ways. Some were captured and studied by governments who wanted to study them, and find out how to create more in order to produce weapons of war. Some were simply killed. Others were taken in by new organizations specializing in watching those who had been rejected from their families. Many ran away as outcasts. Some of these managed to blend back into society, while others traveled in groups of other +Anima. People reacted in a million different ways.

Confusion reigned the earth for two years, trying to find out what happened. The +Anima, though, now merely wanted to find a place to be accepted. Some others who were outcasted, wanted to rebel. Some killed themselves right after transforming. And others just wanted to stay safe.

In this roleplay, you will help dicide what the fate of the +Anima will be. Here are some of the following outcomes:

War: If the current +Anima rebelling do too much, or if one of the nations nearing war find out how to create more +Anima, this will mostly likely happen. This will most likely lead to Chaos or Peace.

Chaos: A continuation of war, it would most likely lead to the deaths of many. This will happen as a result of one of a few things: A. One of the countries or species rule, leading to Tyranny. B. It lasts forever, till noone knows why they're fighting. This will unlikely happen. C. Peace, after chaos ends.

Peace: More or less, the world will be peaceful for a while. Peace has different terms, though. +Anima could be treated differently, same with humans. The economy may also change drastically if this happens.

Slavery: The more likely way for this to happen is for the +Anima to be overruled and taken into slaves. It could happen the other way, though unlikely.

Isolation of +Anima: If the +Anima successfully find a place where they can't be bothered by humans, this will happen.

Acceptance: This is what happens if the +Anima successfully get accepted into society.

These are just a few of the possibilities, but both groups have many goals also.

Some of the individuals want to find out why the +Anima only started happening, so they choose to investigate the small event before the revelation of the +Anima: the cave collapse. Meanwhile, others look for a cure for this 'ailment'. Some, like mentioned earlier, want to use +Anima as weapons as war, as soldiers with the eyes of the hawk, the tough hide of a rhinoceros, or the speed of a cheetah could be very useful indeed. There're a million different possible goals, +Anima-related or not, so don't be afraid to be creative with them.

Rules: No Godmodding. Please.
+Anima is not a condition that can be passed down to your kids, and you can't be an +Anima with a combination of two animals, and it must be a real animal.
Please use grammer, and at least a paragraph per post.
No bunnying. I'll allow slight bunnying if one of the people in your group hasn't been on in a while, if just to move the roleplay on, but that's it.
I know this kinda roleplay gives you some freedom to affect the plot and make it turn your way, but don't make anything overly convenient.
Please don't make you character ubersome.
If you want your character to make some ginormous plot changing discovery or something, and it's unlikely they'll find it in the first place (i.e. Somebody finds the cure for +Anima and they're 10), please approve it by me.

Name: I'm just gonna hope you know what this one means....
Human or +Anima: Are you a freaky animal thingy or a regular human?
Age: Humans can be any age. +Anima can only be 18 or under, as the +Anima have only been around for 3 years, and you can only be 15 at the oldest to become an +Anima.
Position of Power: Just your position of power. Please try not to be like a president or anything too major unleash you're an experienced roleplayer.
Location: This is located in the real world more or less, so any of the countinents. Please try to have some groups live near each other, though. The roleplay won't move quickly if we're all miles apart.
Goals: What's your goal? Are you rebelling, looking for peace? Etc. Goals aren't limited. It can be something more selfish, or an 'oh let's save the world goal'. This is just to help us know what your character's ideals are.
Personality: Is your character shy and reserved? Open and social? Does your character has a tendency to do bad things, or is it a angel in human skin?
General Appearance: Just what your character looks like. Tall and thin, short and stout? Etc.
History: What's your character history? Did he have a tormented past, or is he a mamma's boy or something.
Other Info: Basically what it says.

+Anima only criteria:
Age when you became +Anima: Preferable from 4-15.
+Anima animal: Whose animals abilities did you gain when you turned into a +Anima? Preferably, something reasonable. I'll let you be pretty free with what you are, but make sure it's something you'd at least find in the general area. No becoming trout +Anima in the desert, or elephant +Anima in america. Unless you have a reasonable way for this to happen.
+Anima powers: What powers do you have as a +Anima? Remember, don't do anything too ubersome. At least, not without some drawbacks.
Way you became a +Anima: What conditions caused you to become a +Anima?
+Anima marking: You can just make this on a paint program and upload it, then write out what area on the body it it. You can write it out if you want, though.

Reserved:

Canis Lupin-Otter +Anima

In Progress:
Shuricel - Bat +Anima

Hazmat-Cobra +Anima
Tiana M -American Kestrel +Anima
Hakken-Wolf +Anima.

This signature was made by the magnificent NEO PIKACHU.
Now go praise him, you.

Last edited by Shuricel; 09-26-2007 at 02:50 AM.
Old 09-17-2007, 01:46 PM
Hakken Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to Hakken Send a message via MSN to Hakken Send a message via Yahoo to Hakken
Default Re: +Anima: Return of the Anthros.

Yay! Can you reserve Wolf +Anima for me? *lazy*

Last edited by Hakken; 09-17-2007 at 11:58 PM.
Old 09-17-2007, 11:04 PM
Shuricel Offline
Master Trainer

Of course! I saw edit the first post with a reserve part! =D

Now go praise him, you.

Old 09-18-2007, 12:39 AM
Brainiac Offline

Send a message via AIM to Brainiac Send a message via MSN to Brainiac Send a message via Yahoo to Brainiac

Oooooh! this looks incredible!

Could you please reserve me a place while I do a little research so I can make a sign up? Puhleeeeeeeze?

Also, are insects available for +anima? I don't know if it would be okay if I made one that had an insect-like mutation.

Note: This does not mean that if I can I will, just that I want to know if I have the option.

I can't wait! This sounds really cool! Is it based on some kind of book? I've never been interested in comic-type books before, so if it is, I probably wouldn't know about it.

Last thing, although unrelated. I posted again in the Tides of War roleplay, and tried to involve you a little more, seeing as you have just kinda been a little left out of everything that's going on. I like the Idea behind your character, it's pretty believable.

Old 09-18-2007, 12:41 AM
Hakken Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to Hakken Send a message via MSN to Hakken Send a message via Yahoo to Hakken

Yup, based on a Manga series. =3 It's so cool.
Old 09-18-2007, 01:01 AM
Shuricel Offline
Master Trainer

Yup. Based on a manga called +Anima.

Yup, you can be an insect. You can be any animal as long as it isn't an ameoba or anything (just imagine that: AMEOBA POWERS ACTIVATE! *turns into blob thing*).

Thanks for updating the roleplay. I just didn't want it to die, and I couldn't really post again without repeating a ton of stuff. ^.^ Thanks for including my character a bit, also. I'll try to post in there in the next hour.

Now go praise him, you.

Last edited by Shuricel; 09-18-2007 at 01:03 AM.
Old 09-18-2007, 04:22 AM
Brainiac Offline

Send a message via AIM to Brainiac Send a message via MSN to Brainiac Send a message via Yahoo to Brainiac

Alright, here are my sign ups. I will edit the location a bit once a few more people have signed up.

Name: Duncan Wright

Human or +Anima: +Anima

Age that he became +Anima: 15

Position of power: Wealthy teen with above average intelligence. Hiding by using fake Identity.

Location: Was born in Germany, and lived in New York City for most of his life. Currently located on a public airline transporting him to New York City, for the first time in three years…

Goals: Duncan really only has one goal in life, and that is to have power. He has several ideas in mind about how to use his newly acquired talents to obtain more power, but he is waiting, keeping quiet, cautious.

Personality: Duncan is an introversive, power hungry crime lord and assassin, or he was until about three years ago. He is the kind of person that uses people. He doesn’t care about anyone or anything unless he thinks that it will get him something, but he doesn’t show it. He appears to be the most bubbly and social person around. He acts like a real pleaser to anyone that he doesn’t want to know too much about him, which is almost everyone right now. Although he seems friendly and reliable, that is not the case. If you ask him for anything that could put him in some kind of danger, he will simply agree, and then never deliver. He is sly and cunning, never one to engage in a dispute that he isn’t sure he can emerge victorious from.

General appearance: Duncan is tall, about six foot three, and rather heavily built, weighing around 215 lbs. He is not fat, not in the slightest. His skin is moderately tanned, and he has dark brown hair and brown eyes. He usually appears immaculate, although he wears simple clothing that anyone could have in their own closets. His hair is just long enough to cover his ears; right on the border of too long, but not quite crossing over. He is clean and healthy, and gives of the impression of total openness.

History: Duncan was raised into a family of criminals. His mother was adept at getting married to wealthy men who all seemed to get sick and die of various illnesses soon after their marriage. His father was a weapons dealer. After they got married, Duncan was soon in coming forth. Duncan’s father died when he was three years old. He lived with his mother in New York for the remainder of his life until a time when he was fifteen years old. Duncan had become a successful assassin at the age of 11, helped by his mother who was all too willing to teach him how to kill people and make it look like an accident.

He was also adept at interpreting which people he could pressure into giving him more for less, which he used constantly in dealing with all sorts of criminals around the world. Although young, his age has been a useful advantage in his quest for power, rather than a hindrance. Most people were keen to deal with a 12 year old kid, probably acting under the delusion that they would be able to con him because of his youth. Most frequently, the exact opposite turned out to be the case. While conducting business in a lightly populated location lush with tropical forests with a group of organized criminals not too long after his fifteenth birthday, Duncan was assassinated, or so everyone thought.

While attempting to make a deal that would get him roughly 180 million dollars profit, Duncan was captured by the people he was dealing with. He was taken sedated to a local garbage dump. His captors had merely thrown him into a compactor and left after turning it on. There was absolutely no way that he was going to survive a garbage compactor, was there?

Apparently there was. As the compactor had begun to close, and Duncan was just barely stirring into consciousness, something strange happened. As the compactor had zoomed towards Duncan in a movement that would surely have crushed him to a pulp, Duncan instinctively threw out his arms in a pathetic effort to stop his eminent demise. To his utter astonishment, Duncan had not been squished by the compactor! Not only that, but he seemed to have sprouted another pair of arms which he also using to hold back the compactor. Most impressively of all was the fact that he had held the compressor from crushing him.

After escaping from the compactor, Duncan went into hiding, so as to prevent a repeat incident. Duncan was horrified at what had happened to him. For a while, he considered suicide, until other reports of strange happenings which were similar to that which had happened to him began cropping up all over the news. It was a few weeks after his strange transformation that the cravings came. For reasons that Duncan couldn’t explain, he was suddenly thirsting for the blood of other creatures. He wasn’t particular as to what it was that he got his blood from, but different things seemed to sedate the thirst for longer, best of all was that of humans.

After considerable research, Duncan has come to the conclusion that it was some sort of insect that he has obtained his abilities from, as most of them have extra limbs and a lot more strength than they should. Although disturbed at first by his unusual thirst for blood, he has come to terms with it and actually enjoys the hunt every once in a while. It took Duncan thirteen weeks after his initial transformation before he was able to reverse his appearance. It becomes increasingly difficult for him to hide his extra limbs the longer he has been without sedating his thirst.

+Anima animal: A mite of some kind. Duncan has done some research, and if he had to take a best guess, he would say Archegozetes Longisetosus, if not for the fact that he has developed an almost vampire-like desire for blood, and that particular species is not parasitic.

+Anima powers: His anima powers granted him incredible strength. He is capable of lifting some 1200 time his own body weight. Weighing in at about 215, you can see how impressive this is. He has another pair of arms in his anima form, but other than that, he appears mostly human. He has developed a desire for blood, almost as though he were a vampire. He also has developed a minor affinity for earthen locations, and loves to walk barefoot almost everywhere.

+Anima Marking: The shape of a small insect, like an incredibly detailed stick figure, is located on the lobe of Duncan’s left ear. If you weren’t looking carefully, you might assume he had a single earring.

Last edited by Brainiac; 10-05-2007 at 03:17 PM. Reason: fixed location
Old 09-19-2007, 12:07 AM
Shuricel Offline
Master Trainer

Good job! =D Accepted! I like the unique history! I'll start my bio soon.

Now go praise him, you.

Old 09-19-2007, 10:56 AM
Hazmat Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Hazmat

Whoop.
Hazmat's joining.

I'm going for the Cobra +Anima.

Name: Nathan [Nate] Stover

Alias: Nate Reynolds

Human or +Anima: +Anima

Age that he became +Anima: 13

Position of power: Son of major drug dealer, Ernie Stover. Prime target of terror threats, as his mother was murdered long ago, and has no known siblings.

Location: Born and raised in Las Vegas where his father’s business began. Now living in the desert of Nevada.

Goals: Nate’s main goal in life is to stray away from his father’s trade and become a successful writer. To his father’s distaste, Nate refuses to carry on the legacy when the time comes, hoping for a future where he can live out of hiding, free and known to the world. All his life, Nate has planned the escape, and his transformation helped him pursue it.

Personality: Nate is an all-around shy, cold, reserved individual. He only speaks when spoken to, and even on those rare occasions, he doesn’t say very much at all. Nate can be very harsh at times, due to his cruel and unusual upbringings. A cold, ruthless stare is always in his eye, and a smile is one of the rarest gifts you can ever receive from him. At heart, Nate is just a soft, tender boy who wants to love and be loved, but his tough outer shell conceals these tainted emotions.

General appearance: When standing up straight, which is very rare, Nate reaches 5’10, but his constant slouch cuts off a few inches. He is extremely slender, due to his un-healthy appetite and the horrible nutrition provided by his father. One may consider him un-naturally skinny, but that’s the way he’s always been. Nate has piercing, dark-hazel eyes with a nervous twitch and his skin is pale and thin. He has burnt-orange, greasy, windswept hair with straight bangs that cover his scarred right eye. He generally wears faded, black jeans and a pair of torn-up converse along with a dull, grey hoodie covering a tight, black shirt.

History: Nate has lived the vast majority of his life in an underground containment beneath Las Vegas. His “home” is basically one large room that is connected to various points of the city through multiple tunnels and passageways. This is where his father, the infamous Ernie Stover, does most of his work. It serves as both a home and a conference room, although Nate does have a separate room of his own, consisting of a pile of ragged sheets and a hard-as-rock pillow for sleeping on. Here he spends most of his life, writing poems and stories next to a lamp in the solitary, windowless room, rarely seeing the light of day. As a matter of fact, he cannot remember the last time he saw daylight, as his only trips to the surface occur in the dead of the night. Ernie Stover keeps his son contained, not to be cruel, but for his protection. Since the tragic death of his mother, Nate has been the prime target for his father’s rivals and is often sought after for hostage and murder. This never feared Nate, as he knew that one day he will escape on his own.

On the night of his thirteenth birthday, Nate was suddenly interrupted from his writing by two of his father’s assistants. They seized him by the arms and brought him up to the surface for the first time in almost two years. Nate was thrown into the back of a black van and he was ordered to remain quiet. When he asked what was going on, one man replied, “They’re coming for you,” and quickly turned away. Nate instantly became fearful, and shook violently in the back of the moving van. Suddenly, he heard the pattering of bullets upon the hood of the van and he knew that the man was serious. Then, he felt the violent impact of a car intentionally hitting the van, and the vehicle rolled into a ditch. Nate knew that he would be killed if he stayed inside the car, so he foolishly opened the back door and ran out. To his surprise he wasn’t showered by a rain of bullets and ran to a nearby sewer hole. Instinctively, he ripped off the top and began climbing down the ladder. Nate had no idea where he was going, but continued running through the maze of pipes.

Suddenly, the sewer line took a steep decline and Nate slid down it uncontrollably, until he fell into a large vat of sewage. He struggled to stay afloat within the mess, and had no idea where he was going to go. Then, from the pipe he had fallen from, poured a large mass of water and waste. The vat began to fill rapidly, and Nate soon found himself approaching the top. Suddenly, he saw his very last hope: an extremely small pipe that continued through the sewer line. Nate placed his mouth up to the pipe and gasped for air, the water closing in on him. He knew he would drown for sure, but suddenly he felt his body begin to change. Nate’s skin gained a scaly film and he thinned out impressively, becoming as slender as a snake. Nate pushed through the pipe and furiously squirmed until he reached the surface. His body regained shape as he reached the night air, but Nate was instantly greeted by a vicious man holding a gun to his face. Impulsively, Nate bit into the man’s neck with a pair of fangs and watched as the body crumpled to the ground. Nate’s head spun, but he continued running away from the scene, until he was almost out of the city itself.
Nate lived in hiding for three more years, afraid of what had happened to him. He was never able to fully regain the animal-state that he had on his thirteenth birthday, but continued experimenting with the powers he had.

+Anima animal: Cobra.

+Anima powers: Although Nate cannot shift into the complete cobra-state as he had before, he can still morph certain parts of his skin into the scaly film, making his swimming much quicker and progressive. In addition, Nate has retractable fangs that contain a lethal poison, just as those of a cobra. When in normal-form, there is no noticeable evidence of his +Anima side.

+Anima Marking: Nate has three parallel wavy lines that run along the mid-section of his back.

This looks like it'll be a great RP. Hope I get to be a part of it.

- VPP - URPG - Comatose - ROFL -

- Paired with Bulletangel Forever -

Last edited by Hazmat; 09-19-2007 at 12:06 PM.
Old 09-19-2007, 11:53 PM
Shuricel Offline
Master Trainer

Twas' accepted, Hazmat. I'll start my sign-up sometime tonight, and once we get around 6 people, we'll start. Sign-ups will be open till there're about 9-10 people, though.

Now go praise him, you.

Old 09-20-2007, 09:32 AM
Hazmat Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Hazmat

Thanks.
Can't wait to start.

- VPP - URPG - Comatose - ROFL -

- Paired with Bulletangel Forever -
Old 09-21-2007, 08:20 PM
Shuricel Offline
Master Trainer

Let's see, I have someone on another forum who might be joining up, Hakken should get her sign-up in soon, and I should be able to edit this post with mine tonight. After that, we should have enough people to begin. We'll be accepting people till we have about 10, though.

Now go praise him, you.

Old 09-21-2007, 09:06 PM
Hakken Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuricel View Post
Let's see, I have someone on another forum who might be joining up, Hakken should get her sign-up in soon, and I should be able to edit this post with mine tonight. After that, we should have enough people to begin. We'll be accepting people till we have about 10, though.

Ummm... Uh, yes! Ehehehehe. *cough*
Err, I'll have it in tommorow morning, okay? ^^;
Old 09-21-2007, 09:25 PM
Shuricel Offline
Master Trainer

Don't feel pressured. Have it ready in a month at the maximum. I haven't really...er...started mine yet either.

Now go praise him, you.

Old 09-23-2007, 05:18 AM
Tiana_M Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Tiana_M Send a message via MSN to Tiana_M

^_^ This looks like SO much fun!

Name
: Inara Aoyama
Race: +Anima
Position of Power: Her mother is an anthropologist who is helping the government find out what caused the +Anime phenomenon in Australia.

Goals: Inform her mother that she is alive. Avoid being captured by the government to avoid being experimented on by crazy scientists.

Personality: Inara is a sweet girl who is very friendly. She can be a little naïve some of the time, though she is hardly stupid. Having been pretty much a latch-key kid most of her life, she is pretty good at taking care of herself. Inara is also very intuitive; whenever she follows her instincts she’s usually ok. It’s when she ignores her intuition and does what she wants that she gets into scrapes.

General Appearance: Inara stands at a generous 5’9” and is quite slender. Her auburn hair is just beyond shoulder-length while her bangs often fall into her forest green eyes unless restrained by a head band. Most often her hair is done up in a French braid, which her mother taught her to do for herself. Inara’s favorite shirt that she wears is a dark red, smocked, square-cut, tunic. Over this she wears a favorite cream-colored, zip-up, hooded sweatshirt. Most often she wears dark blue jeans with brown leather, knee-high boots.
(Imagine THIS girl with green eyes auburn hair, bangs, a cream sweatshirt and you’ve got it.)

History: Inara has lived in a number of places, the most recent being Australia. Her father was in the military and her mother, Gwen was a government hired Anthropologist who also had to travel. Before her father’s death, they had a house in California that she lived in. After Inara’s father died when she was 5, Gwen still owned the house in California, and does to this day, but her work didn’t exactly allow her to live there. So, she took Inara with her to live down to Mexico where her work was. As a result, Inara is quite fluent in Mexican Spanish.

When Inara was ten and a half years old, Gwen got transferred to a job in Africa where they were short-handed at the time. This was only one year before the first +Anime incidents began happening. During that one year, Inara learned a lot about what it takes to survive in the African Conga because she managed to persuade her mother into letting her actually see what she did for a living and was almost as immersed in the work as her mother was, though part of the deal had been that she had to keep up with her studies and so that had taken away from her time working by her mother’s side.

But, for the last three years, Gwen has been reassigned to Australia to help get to the bottom of the +Anime phenomenon. Although Inara had originally traveled with her mother to Australia, as they learned more about what the conditions were to make someone become +Anima, some of the crazier scientists seemed willing to put youngsters in danger just to see if they transformed and Gwen finally sent Inara back to the US hoping that her rights as a citizen there would protect her from scientists like those in Australia.

Other Info: Inara can read and write in English and in Mexican Spanish, though her written Spanish isn’t exactly great. She is right handed, her astrology sign is the Leo, and her favorite color is blue.

Age when you became +Anima: 15 (Only two weeks ago.)
+Anima animal: American Kestrel (Hawk)
+Anima powers:
1) Hawk's sight. In her +Anima form, her eyes are transformed and she can see as well as any hawk particularly during the day. However, her sight at night though is cut to worse than it is in her human form.
2) Flight. In her +Anima form, her bones become lighter, not only that, but her arms become slightly longer and she grows the necessary muscles and feathers to allow her to fly. She also develops a long fanned and feathered tail that reaches all the way down to her heels. (it looks much like the back half of a full-length skirt when she is standing on the ground.) Obviously this gives her quite an exotic look.
3) Size. In her +Anima form, she is only half her normal height, standing in at about 3'2". This allows her to fit into places that usually only a human child could fit. (I think the drawbacks are obvious. If not I can always include them.)

Way you became +Anima: Inara was flying home in a small government jet to Southern California from Australia, her mother’s current residence since the +Anima phenomenon began three years ago. The plane was about to cross the eastern California border when all of a sudden there was an explosion on the left hand wing. That engine had completely blown. The plane was thrown off course into a downward spiral. Inara had been praying and praying that she lived through it while all the while wishing she were a small bird and could fly away.

When the plane crashed the nose of the plane was driven up into the body of the plane and she was almost crushed. Before it could happen though, her body completely transformed into that of a small bird. She was saved by her small size, for her chair was mauled in such a way that although she was actually knocked unconscious, her significantly smaller body was not crushed.

When she came to, she was still a bird. Her mind began to panic like a true kestrel would have and Inara found herself struggling to remember what she really was. Her instincts meanwhile made her flutter her wings, all the while though her human soul was still trying to cling to this strange new form. Finally her new eyes saw light coming from an odd angle and instinctively she stopped fluttering her wings and dove for the light. It was a good thing the port window had been smashed otherwise she might have killed herself trying to get out.

Instead she tumbled out onto the earth. Her new instincts made her leap into the air as soon as she knew which way was up. Once flying her new instincts calmed down enough to allow her to truly think, unfortunately this triggered her transformation into a normal human again and she started to drop as she grew. The instinct that told her that a fall to the earth from her height would kill her, stopped the transformation of the traits necessary to her ability to land and in essence determined what her future +Anima form would be.

+Anima marking
:

^This mark is located directly over her heart, just above her left breast and is mostly hidden by her shirt, though a small corner of it peeks out just above the neckline.

Thank you Neo!

Last edited by Tiana_M; 09-25-2007 at 06:25 AM.