Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Interactive Center » Competitive Battling

Competitive Battling This board is for competitive battling discussion. Get team help or learn to play competitively.

Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2007, 08:20 PM
Spongebob Number One Fan Offline
Master Trainer

Default Re: IMO, the no-legendary elite emerald team

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragontamer999 View Post
New team, movesets are what i would like them to be, the pokemon are what i have. I hope you guys like this team a lot better than my other team. because imo compared to this team, that other team disgraced my reputation as a pokemon trainer.Sorry about the messy word grouping i tried to seperate the pokemon and the movesets so that they would be easily readable.

Dragonite/Persim Berry....... Milotic/Leftovers
Outrage ....... Surf
Earthquake ....... Ice Beam
Thunder ...... HydroPump/MirrorCoat
Blizzard ...... Toxic

Moltres/BrightPowder ...... Salamence/Leichi Berry
Flamethrower/FireSpin ...... DragonClaw
FireBlast ...... Crunch
Aerial Ace ...... Flamethrower
Safeguard ...... Fly

Exeggutor/Lum Berry ...... Machamp/Focus Band
Giga Drain ...... Cross Chop
Egg Bomb ...... Earthquake/Rock Slide
Psychic ...... Focus Punch
Sludge Bomb(a substitute for toxic)...... Ice Punch/Thunderpunch
This team also fails. It is ingame, and would get demolished in competitive. Dragonite with blizzard? No. Milotic with hydro pump or mirror coat w/o recover? No. Machamp with special attacks? NO! It's special attack is less than my dog's special attack...Egg bomb on eggy? No! That's why there's return. Eggy needs to be a sunnybeamer to sweep, and sludge bomb has terrible coverage. Fly on Mence? No. NEVER use fly. 2 fire attacks on moltres? No!

Okay, sorry to be a rude jerk, but this is a noob team. I'm not saying you are a noob, but this team sure is. Totally made of fail. You can fix this though...

Eggy@Leftovers
Timid Nature
EVs: 252 Special Attack, 252 Speed, 6 HP
~Sunny Day
~Solarbeam
~HP Fire
~Psychic

Sunnybeamer that gains speed with ability...in the sun.

Mence@Choice Band
Adamant/Jolly Nature
EVs: 252 Speed, 252 Attack, 6 HP
~EQ
~Aerial Ace/HP Flying
~Rock Slide
~Brick Break/Return

CBmence.

Machamp@Leftovers/Choice Band (with the attack moves)
Adamant Nature
EVs: 252 Attack, rest in what you want really...probably defenses and HP
~EQ
~Cross Chop
~Rest/HP Bug
~Sleep Talk/Rock Slide

Resttalk/CB Machamp. Both work well.

Milotic@Leftovers
Bold Nature
EVs: 252 HP, 152 Defense, 100 Special Attack
~Rest/Recover
~Sleep Talk/Mirror Coat
~Surf
~Ice Beam

Either mirror coat or resttalk milotic...you choose.

Dragonite@Leftovers/Shell Bell
Adamant/Jolly Nautre
~DD
~EQ
~Aerial Ace
~HP Rock

There is always flamethrower/fire blast for skarm...but yeah, DDing Nite for ya. I love this set.

I won't do moltres and its poor excuse of a movepool.

Where are your walls? Only milotic can take a hit...you also get drummed by rock moves, moltres and the dragons. What's with all the sweepers? You have no strategy on this team at all. Almost all sweepers and attack moves. I hate to be so critical, but brutal honesty is needed.
Old 09-12-2007, 10:02 PM
Stubby Boardman Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to Stubby Boardman

Quote:
Originally Posted by KFC View Post
This is emerald so remember there is no physical / special split yet and no D/P moves.
well if he ever decides to transfer his pkmn to diamond or pearl then he can take a look at what i have been untill then he can just pass it up

Old 09-12-2007, 10:16 PM
Master Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheerio495 View Post
well if he ever decides to transfer his pkmn to diamond or pearl then he can take a look at what i have been untill then he can just pass it up
Yeah, but this is for emerald regardless...Anyways, here is THE best special wall to use. Period.

Blissey@Leftovers
Bold Nature
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Defense, 6 HP
~Aromatherapy
~Softboiled
~Thunder Wave
~Seismic Toss

and the best phys. wall:

Skarmory@Leftovers
Impish Nature
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Defense, 6 Attack
~Spikes
~Roar
~Drill Peck
~Toxic

and a recommended physical sweeper/tank:

Metagross@Leftovers/Shell Bell
Adamant Nature
EVs: 252 Attack, maybe 100 or so in speed, rest in Def/HP
~Agility
~EQ
~Meteor Mash
~Explosion

Hope that helped you get a much better team started...
Old 09-13-2007, 12:21 AM
dragontamer999 Offline
New Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongebob Number One Fan View Post
This team also fails. It is ingame, and would get demolished in competitive. Dragonite with blizzard? No. Milotic with hydro pump or mirror coat w/o recover? No. Machamp with special attacks? NO! It's special attack is less than my dog's special attack...Egg bomb on eggy? No! That's why there's return. Eggy needs to be a sunnybeamer to sweep, and sludge bomb has terrible coverage. Fly on Mence? No. NEVER use fly. 2 fire attacks on moltres? No!

Okay, sorry to be a rude jerk, but this is a noob team. I'm not saying you are a noob, but this team sure is. Totally made of fail. You can fix this though...

Eggy@Leftovers
Timid Nature
EVs: 252 Special Attack, 252 Speed, 6 HP
~Sunny Day
~Solarbeam
~HP Fire
~Psychic

Sunnybeamer that gains speed with ability...in the sun.

Mence@Choice Band
Adamant/Jolly Nature
~EQ
~Aerial Ace/HP Flying
~Rock Slide
~Brick Break/Return

CBmence.

Machamp@Leftovers/Choice Band (with the attack moves)
Adamant Nature
EVs: 252 Attack, rest in what you want really...probably defenses and HP
~EQ
~Cross Chop
~Rest/HP Bug
~Sleep Talk/Rock Slide

Resttalk/CB Machamp. Both work well.

Milotic@Leftovers
Bold Nature
EVs: 252 HP, 152 Defense, 100 Special Attack
~Rest/Recover
~Sleep Talk/Mirror Coat
~Surf
~Ice Beam

Either mirror coat or resttalk milotic...you choose.

Dragonite@Leftovers/Shell Bell
Adamant/Jolly Nautre
~DD
~EQ
~Aerial Ace
~HP Rock

There is always flamethrower/fire blast for skarm...but yeah, DDing Nite for ya. I love this set.

I won't do moltres and its poor excuse of a movepool.

Where are your walls? Only milotic can take a hit...you also get drummed by rock moves, moltres and the dragons. What's with all the sweepers? You have no strategy on this team at all. Almost all sweepers and attack moves. I hate to be so critical, but brutal honesty is needed.
would milotic be ok w/toxic since milotic can take a hit and has high attack if one hit doesnt kill than the toxic could finish the job.

Thank you Spongebob fan i cant get it through my thick head that the pokemon that would work to get through the game(ingame) and competitive lineups. Ill do some serious work with the advice you just gave me.

HEY WAIT A MINUTE IF YOU GUYS ARENT CHEATING TO GET TMS TO TEACH TO YOUR POKEMON HOW THE FU** ARE YOUR POKEMON SO GOOD???? I HAVE A FEELING THERES AN EASIER WAY TO GET THESE GREAT LINEUPS WITHOUT HAVING TO CONTINUALLY RESTART AND TRAIN ALL OVER AGAIN THAT YOU GUYS ARENT TELLING ME...
Old 09-13-2007, 08:29 PM
shedinjask Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

It's called dedication, doing your research, breeding, and not being an idiot.
Old 09-13-2007, 09:40 PM
Master Trainer

Quote:
would milotic be ok w/toxic since milotic can take a hit and has high attack if one hit doesnt kill than the toxic could finish the job.

Thank you Spongebob fan i cant get it through my thick head that the pokemon that would work to get through the game(ingame) and competitive lineups. Ill do some serious work with the advice you just gave me.

HEY WAIT A MINUTE IF YOU GUYS ARENT CHEATING TO GET TMS TO TEACH TO YOUR POKEMON HOW THE FU** ARE YOUR POKEMON SO GOOD???? I HAVE A FEELING THERES AN EASIER WAY TO GET THESE GREAT LINEUPS WITHOUT HAVING TO CONTINUALLY RESTART AND TRAIN ALL OVER AGAIN THAT YOU GUYS ARENT TELLING ME...
lol. Milotic has base 60 attack, which is that of a stick. And no, toxic isn't great on milotic by any means. And as shedinjask just pointed out, getting TMs and multiple leftovers is called hard work and dedication. There is no easy way, unless you hack, but we don't. We are telling you everything...I post a lot more on Pokecommunity than here, and I'll tell you that you could look there, as well as smogon, srebii, or whatever forum, and no good battler hacks...and by good battler I mean dedicated battler.

And do you realize that caps lock is evil? You don't have to restart your game to make a good team...anybody knows that. And really, please implement walls into your team, as once milotic faints, and a couple of sweepers will do that to it, you will be swept away easily. End. Of. Story. You need a spinner, a few walls...yeah, that team, even with my movesets, is WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY to unbalanced for competitive battling. End.

In conclusion, we are telling you all we can. Now, use those TMs wisely (as in, only on EVed pokemon) and have all the necessary roles covered. Then we can give you a more serious rate.
Old 09-13-2007, 10:30 PM
Seawolf Offline
I has a stik

Send a message via AIM to Seawolf

These are for you, dragontamer.

- Watch your language, as there are kids running around here
- Do not double post
- Read the rules. You can find it near the top as a stuck thread

Have a nice day.
Old 09-14-2007, 01:26 AM
dragontamer999 Offline
New Trainer

what is the difference between ingame pokemon which is that what you guys are rating cruely as if you guys are the masters of the game in every which way possible are the pokemon that i see everytime i turn on my gameboy and select "pokemon" versus competitive teams last time i looked this thread was not just dedicated to competitive lineups and if you please rate my team based on an ingame scale.
Old 09-14-2007, 01:41 AM
Fire Away Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alakazam View Post
The #1 Rule for this forum:
Post ONLY level 100 teams for competitive battling.

Do NOT post in-game teams!
Be glad I removed the size tags. :P
Old 09-14-2007, 08:26 PM
Master Trainer

Quote:
what is the difference between ingame pokemon which is that what you guys are rating cruely as if you guys are the masters of the game in every which way possible are the pokemon that i see everytime i turn on my gameboy and select "pokemon" versus competitive teams last time i looked this thread was not just dedicated to competitive lineups and if you please rate my team based on an ingame scale.
I rarely do this, but I'm gonna mouth you off. First, read the dang rules...sheesh. Somebody already quoted that though, so I'll move on. Now I'm at my wits end and you are officially a "n00b" to me...why?

-no good trainer uses hyper beam like moves...like charizard having blast burn...really, those moves SUCK.

-No good trainer uses two moves of the same type on one pokemon, with only a few exceptions...and moltres isn't one of those exceptions.

-No good team, unlike yours, doesn't have ANY walls...very n00bish indeed...

-No good team doesn't EV train their pokemon...in oither words, LEARN ABOUT EVs!

-There is no such thing as a knockout move...except for OHKO moves like fissure, but only n00bs use those.

There are plenty more n00b things about your team, but I'd get too carried away if I started listing the LONG list it would become.

We aren't saying we're the best ever, you're just assuming we are, which is totally unfair. We actually know what we're talking about though, unlike you, so it might be smart to listen up. Ingame teams fail...simple, so don't act like yours is any exception, because it's not. In fact, there are many INGAME teams that swamp yours...your teams have no strategy...AT ALL. Any SERIOUS battler does battle competitively, so you aren't very serious if you don't battle competitively, and link battles don't count.

There, I'm done venting. I'll be reporting this thread...and that way a mod can close this useless thread...but it's their call.
Old 09-14-2007, 10:31 PM
shedinjask Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongebob Number One Fan View Post
and moltres isn't one of those exceptions.
Specstres. </nitpick>
Old 09-14-2007, 11:42 PM
Master Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shedinjask View Post
Specstres. </nitpick>
Yeah, but this is 3rd gen...thus specstres doesn't exist. Really, there are almost no exceptions in 3rd gen, while things like specsmence run around in D/P, the common denominator being choice specs...but specstres wouldn't save this team anyhow.
Old 09-15-2007, 12:46 AM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga

Guys, you tried. Thanks for at least trying to help.

Closed Thread