Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Discussion

Discussion This is for discussion about current events (news), issues, politics, and any other topics of serious discussion. For more casual talk, go to the Other Chat board. Proper sentences, spelling, and grammar is especially strict in this board.

Old 09-12-2007, 08:15 PM
Callum Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Callum
Default Re: What Do You Think Happens When You Die?

When I die, I will have a spiffing funeral, and will be put into a wooden box, and lowered into a hole in the ground. Then some people will put dirt on top of me. My corpse shall lay there, and remain there for about 200 years or so until it decomposes. My mind and "soul" will be non existent, as the electric impulses in my brain are no longer existent. =P

My answer = Nothing, lol.
Old 09-12-2007, 08:39 PM
Skitty-chan Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spriter View Post
The Reincarnation is one cause of Deja vu. You remember stuff you forgot in your old life. That's what I think. ^>^
Sometimes it seems like I've done things before even though I know it is the first time i'm doing it... kind of creepy
I don't really have an opinion on death, but I hope there's reincarnation or something where you keep living. Not living anymore would be so depressing!
Old 09-12-2007, 08:40 PM
Tamer Marco Offline
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Tamer Marco Send a message via AIM to Tamer Marco Send a message via MSN to Tamer Marco Send a message via Yahoo to Tamer Marco

Hopefully Jesus will deem me worthy of Heaven despite what I've done and what I'll probably do in my lifetime. I just can't imagine life is all there is-then you rot in the ground. Has to be something more, and every culture has some belief in the afterlife, so something must exist beyond normal living.
Old 09-12-2007, 11:21 PM
Matt Offline
<- Khold's Butt
Elite Trainer (Level 7)

Send a message via AIM to Matt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamer Marco View Post
Hopefully Jesus will deem me worthy of Heaven despite what I've done and what I'll probably do in my lifetime. I just can't imagine life is all there is-then you rot in the ground. Has to be something more, and every culture has some belief in the afterlife, so something must exist beyond normal living.
Hate to break it to you but Jesus died almost 2000 years ago.

When I die, hopefully, the world will be at peace. This war we are enslaving ourselves to shall end, and our country will be more well-off than before it started. My sister, I hope, has died just the year before, as I wouldn't want her to witness my death and mourn over my it, I don't really trust she would think to look over the life I had instead. My granparents have passed away in my young adulthood, and as they have already lived a good and full life, all of them, at my current age, they will be very happy with what they have accomplished. My mother will also have passed away, burried next to my father and still-born sister, and she will be as proud to call me her son as as I am to say she raised me better than anyone else could have. When I die, this world will have discovered there are more ways to find solutions than conflict and disagreement. The moment I die, another child will be born, perhaps two, perhaps ten, and more will die with me, be the moments natural or untimely.

And to the rest of you: The question is asking what happens the moment you die. Who ever said what happens "to you?" Hopefully when I die this world won't be so self-centered either.
------
FrozenChaos703: I have a kitty named Peaches.
FrozenChaos703: She can stand on my boobs.
FrozenChaos703: Without falling.
Old 09-13-2007, 02:30 AM
Tamer Marco Offline
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Tamer Marco Send a message via AIM to Tamer Marco Send a message via MSN to Tamer Marco Send a message via Yahoo to Tamer Marco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Hate to break it to you but Jesus died almost 2000 years ago.

When I die, hopefully, the world will be at peace. This war we are enslaving ourselves to shall end, and our country will be more well-off than before it started. My sister, I hope, has died just the year before, as I wouldn't want her to witness my death and mourn over my it, I don't really trust she would think to look over the life I had instead. My granparents have passed away in my young adulthood, and as they have already lived a good and full life, all of them, at my current age, they will be very happy with what they have accomplished. My mother will also have passed away, burried next to my father and still-born sister, and she will be as proud to call me her son as as I am to say she raised me better than anyone else could have. When I die, this world will have discovered there are more ways to find solutions than conflict and disagreement. The moment I die, another child will be born, perhaps two, perhaps ten, and more will die with me, be the moments natural or untimely.

And to the rest of you: The question is asking what happens the moment you die. Who ever said what happens "to you?" Hopefully when I die this world won't be so self-centered either.
He also came back to life three days later.
Old 09-13-2007, 03:26 AM
plusle and minun Offline
Elite Trainer

Well my opinon is that you could either be Recarnated as an animal or something else or you can go to Heaven or Heck. I hope that when i fall that i could be in Heaven with the graceful Angels and Saints.
Old 09-13-2007, 02:26 PM
RonRaygunX3 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to RonRaygunX3

I believe you just rot in the ground. IMO it goes completely against Science to leave your physical form and go to heaven or whatever.
Old 09-13-2007, 03:20 PM
Matt Offline
<- Khold's Butt
Elite Trainer (Level 7)

Send a message via AIM to Matt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamer Marco View Post
He also came back to life three days later.
Too bad it's impossible to return to life after the brain stops functioning, as lack of oxygen causes the brain cells to die, and we all know brain cells can't regenerate. Oh wait. I forgot. He's MAAAAGIICCCC. But Sirius Black didn't come back to life after he was killed. :(
However the author writes it, I guess.
------
FrozenChaos703: I have a kitty named Peaches.
FrozenChaos703: She can stand on my boobs.
FrozenChaos703: Without falling.
Old 09-13-2007, 10:04 PM
EspeonSun Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to EspeonSun

Yeah, I agree, magic is every where if you look hard enough... OoO. And I do wish Sirius was still alive... he was an interesting man...

But I still say Heaven and Hell is around

Paired with operative123
"To the well organized mind, death is but the next great adventure."
HP Quote of the Week
"You know, Minister, I disagree with Dumbledore on many counts...but you cannot deny he's got style..." - Phineas Nigellus
Old 09-13-2007, 10:31 PM
LS Offline

You get the same thing you get when you die in a game. GAME OVER. :P joke.

I beleive in Heaven/Hell and when you die God decides where you go.
Old 09-15-2007, 09:06 PM
Findex Offline
Amateur Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minun_Hunter View Post
Has anyone heard about a Phenomena (sp?) called "Astral Projection"? Ive done some research on the topic, and have read some forums and joined up in some to learn about it. This is basicly what it is:

Astral Projection is the sensation of your soul leaving your body when you sleep, and you going into a projection, into one of 7 planes. The higher the plains you get, the more evolved the world has become.

In our plane, the "Real-Time" plane, the world has evolved into the 4th demension, or time in other words. The world moves along in the 4th dimension, as everyone knows. The only thing though, we only use half of the demsion, we can only move forward in time, and not back in time. If it is possible to move forward, then it is possible to move backward, but we have not accomplished this yet.

Once you get to a certain plane, you can walk around just as if you were in your body. Another form of this, but it is not the same thing, is an OOBE, or an Out-Of-Body-Experience.

Now i told you that to help this topic out.

People who Astral Project have a great belief and claim to have proof of what happens after you die. Apparently, your soul gets released into the Astral Planes. Some times its into our plane, and sometimes its into the other 6.

This explains ghosts ^. Once your soul goes to astral, and you appear in the real time plane, your "Astral Mind" remembers the last thing that you where doing. If it was working on a farm, or knitting a blanket for someone, and you die shortly after, your mind will think its still doing that, and the Astral Mind will make your Astral Body repeat the action. When people see ghosts, this is what they see.

But not everyone goes to the Astral Plane of our time, like i stated before. But if you ever get enhanced in the power of Astral Projection, they say that you can go into our real-time plane, and see all of the spirits that have fallen out of the world and landed in our plane.

There are also people in the Astral Planes that go there just for torture. Once in the Astral Planes, there are spirits, (and if i didnt already mention, when you go into the Astral Planes you still see your body, as if your still using it, but its really not there), and these spirits can take shape of any thing. A really pretty girl from 2 doors down, or the hot guy at the beach. If you encounter anyone in the Astral Planes, unless you know them, it is best to stay away. If you dont bother them, they wont bother you.

So there is bad and good things in the Astral Planes.

But after a soul gets put to the Astral Planes, does it stay there forever? No. The Buddhist put this the best way in there religion. After a soul travels for a while, it then enters into another body, where the Astral Mind is temporarily erased, and only accessed when you enter the Planes again, or your new body and mind in the real world, die out. So reincarnation is the simple term, but its not as sudden as you think. People can go 1 second and then re-enter, or they could go for a thousand years and then re-enter.

Thats all i got to say, and i hope that helped out. Of course, i have not been able to perform an Astral Projection, but if you believe in it, it explains alot. Im not bashin anyones religion, just stating what ive learned.

But of course, in the way i believe, everything couldnt have been created from nothing, in the very begining, something or someone, had to create atleast a molecule or atom or something, and that grew into us.

But the above statment is my belief, not the Astral Projectionists belief.

-----

Want to learn more? Go to: www.astraldynamics.com for further reading, and a forum to discuss.

Also, if you want to hear all of the benifts, such as Dream Viewing, Dream Sharing, and other cool features of this phenomena, then you can always contact me :)
I had 1 a very long time ago and I still remember it, but it was just a accident.

Name:Findex
FC:5412 6470 6763
If anyone has mystery gift please give it to me(when they come out)
Old 09-15-2007, 10:37 PM
DragoniteMistress Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to DragoniteMistress Send a message via Yahoo to DragoniteMistress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callum View Post
When I die, I will have a spiffing funeral, and will be put into a wooden box, and lowered into a hole in the ground. Then some people will put dirt on top of me. My corpse shall lay there, and remain there for about 200 years or so until it decomposes. My mind and "soul" will be non existent, as the electric impulses in my brain are no longer existent. =P

My answer = Nothing, lol.

You stole my answer :-o

All emotions and what-not are nothing more than chemical reactions and electric impulses in the brain. When you die your body just shuts down and you become an inanimate object.
Old 09-15-2007, 10:52 PM
Xtra Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Xtra Send a message via MSN to Xtra Send a message via Yahoo to Xtra Send a message via Skype™ to Xtra

Well me being a Christian, I am supposed to believe that God grants you the ability to go to heaven or hell. And there you look over the lives of your loved ones, knowing there sad, but knowing your still alive in your astral and spiritual form. I love this way of life, because if my father/mother dies, I'll be sad, but of course he loves me,a nd is still in my heart, and that's whats important.
Old 09-15-2007, 11:43 PM
dragonite0943 Offline
Experienced Trainer

Being a Catholic, I believe that Jesus died in His human form sending His spirit to Heaven to rest with His Father. Also I believe that when I die my past will be judged by the Lord. My soul will be sent to either Heaven, Hell, or Pergatory. Heaven is a everlasting life with God. Hell is a darkness without God forever. Pergatory is nothing where you wait for God to judge you because He cannot yet decide. In my opinion Reincarnation is an impossibilty. Also to everyone who believes in something else please do not say against my God. I do not support science because it has no story for how everything was made.
Old 09-16-2007, 12:04 AM
Wandering Mew Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonite0943 View Post
Being a Catholic, I believe that Jesus died in His human form sending His spirit to Heaven to rest with His Father. Also I believe that when I die my past will be judged by the Lord. My soul will be sent to either Heaven, Hell, or Pergatory. Heaven is a everlasting life with God. Hell is a darkness without God forever. Pergatory is nothing where you wait for God to judge you because He cannot yet decide. In my opinion Reincarnation is an impossibilty. Also to everyone who believes in something else please do not say against my God. I do not support science because it has no story for how everything was made.
Of course they do, its called the big bang theory. ^_^

If I died and God was real, I'd probably go to Purgatory. I've done some bad stuff, but the good far outweighs it. But of course there is that homosexual thing...

Also, why is reincarnation impossible? Take all the people in the past, and all the people dieing right now, and think of how much that would be. Don't ya think Heaven and Hell would be pretty overcrowded?

~Paired with the ever awesome Blaziken Knight!~