Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Groups/Clubs

Groups/Clubs Start a Pokemon or non-Pokemon related Group/Club for your favorite topic. Whether it's a group/club for one of the good guys like Ash, Misty, or Brock, to the villains like Team Rocket, Team Magma, and Team Aqua. Your group can be whatever you want.

Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2005, 08:46 PM
Lord Celebi Offline
Zhu-Quiao

Send a message via AIM to Lord Celebi Send a message via Skype™ to Lord Celebi
Default Re: War Season 4 Planning

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronislav84
I like the idea of of redoing the Member Lists. This idea will separate the rotting teams from the ones that have enough members to stay around.
Ex: (Pardon me for using you as an example rust, but I tend to think it's true) AF has only two active members and not 10, so they shouldn't have been allowed in.

I DON'T like the idea of rotating judges for all sections. If my preveous idea (THAT WASN'T ADRESSED BY ANYBODY) was used, I'd sure like to be the Judge #2. I think it's not fair to rotate if the Judge is not bored.

Killearn's idea and the Team Number Limit idea aren't even worth adressing, IMHO.
Its about Quality, not Quantity. Alexander the Great was able to conquer the known world because he knew where to put his soldiers and how to defeat the enemy. The Persian Empire had 3 times as many troops as Alex did, and they still won. And you know how many battles Alexander the Great lost? None. Similar to how Trainer always pulls off a win, and how Nox cannot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NP err.. VL
Yes, maybe we could elect one or two new war leaders. After all, Dani and ElimN8 have returned, but it's really up to them whether they would like to reclaim their former position. Personally, I would definitley like to work with the two of them, but that's their choice, not mine.
NOOO! Let someone new have a chance at being War Leader! We need a constant flow of new ideas to make the War interesting.

Last edited by Lord Celebi; 02-23-2005 at 08:49 PM.
Old 02-24-2005, 12:41 AM
Caite-chan Offline

Send a message via AIM to Caite-chan Send a message via MSN to Caite-chan Send a message via Yahoo to Caite-chan

I like the idea of have a new start on all the teams you just can't force people to join a team they don't want to. We shouldn't have to many WAR leaders but, yeah new people would be nice...not just the same people oer and over again.
Old 02-24-2005, 03:32 AM
MystiKal Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to MystiKal Send a message via MSN to MystiKal Send a message via Yahoo to MystiKal

My suggestions have the war in the summer this should be when all the wars take place. Since it keeps the war more active. Start the team threads over and maybe add some more things to participate in. Also I'm for the judge switching since we all know no one can be on 24/7 most people go on vaction through June/July.
Old 02-24-2005, 03:45 AM
bronislav84 Offline

Send a message via AIM to bronislav84 Send a message via MSN to bronislav84 Send a message via Yahoo to bronislav84

Quote:
Originally Posted by rust
Its about Quality, not Quantity. Alexander the Great was able to conquer the known world because he knew where to put his soldiers and how to defeat the enemy. The Persian Empire had 3 times as many troops as Alex did, and they still won. And you know how many battles Alexander the Great lost? None. Similar to how Trainer always pulls off a win, and how Nox cannot.
Listen, it doesn't matter how much Quality your "Team" has. If it has 2 real members, it's not a Team. The current rules state that a Team needs 10 members, so because 2 =/= 10, you're not a Team. I have a strong hunch that if the Member Lists were reset, your Team would have to wait a while to re-enter the War.

rust, just so you know, I'm not trying ot put you down. Unfortunately for you, your Team is a very good example as support for why the Lists should be reset.

And about the "somehow winning" thing. I assure you it just comes out that way. How can you even think that the War is fixed?

As weird as it sounds, I agree with VT (of all people) about the suggestion that the next Season should be in the summer. Of course, that suggestion has been stated plenty of times, lol.
Bronislav is my name and 1984 is my birth year. Call me Bron or Slavik if you can't say my full name. Banner/Ava by the illustrious Neo Pikachu Emolga R.I.P. August 13, 2007 3:45AM EST Simkha "Dosha" Bakman I loved you, Grandpa Check this out, it's really cool!

Last edited by bronislav84; 02-24-2005 at 03:49 AM.
Old 02-24-2005, 06:13 AM
boltAge Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to boltAge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valiant Lugia
Right now, the current war leaders are HKim, Fair, and myself. I'm been trying to be active as hell, and HKim has already been an extreme help getting the War to be as good as it can be. I'm sure Fair is probably busy with school, so that really can't be turned against him. If we suddenly crowned you king and let you throw the three of us out, who exactly should replace us, hmm?

Yes, maybe we could elect one or two new war leaders. After all, Dani and ElimN8 have returned, but it's really up to them whether they would like to reclaim their former position. Personally, I would definitley like to work with the two of them, but that's their choice, not mine.
There's a reason why people don't participate as much in the war now. No, it's not because of school, don't tell me there wasn't school in the past.

ElimN8 can definitely be a better leader than any of the 3 of you... zz. I want new leaders ELECTED by us forumers, brand NEW leaders, and not just pulling in random people into the panel of war leaders. I want 3 brand new people, 3 people who can lead and get support, not 3 people added to the panel. Those 3 people should have full power over the war. Hmmm.
Old 02-24-2005, 06:58 AM
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Send a message via AIM to Kenny_C.002

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltAge
There's a reason why people don't participate as much in the war now. No, it's not because of school, don't tell me there wasn't school in the past.

ElimN8 can definitely be a better leader than any of the 3 of you... zz. I want new leaders ELECTED by us forumers, brand NEW leaders, and not just pulling in random people into the panel of war leaders. I want 3 brand new people, 3 people who can lead and get support, not 3 people added to the panel. Those 3 people should have full power over the war. Hmmm.
That's not too bad an idea. I mean Kim you've been working a little too much mate. You should have some time off even if you don't want it (unless you're reelected). This would be a great oppurtunity to see new faces come up to the podium for sure, and see new ideas come out. We know that new leaders might not work out fine, but we're still here to guide them if needed be.
Old 02-24-2005, 11:21 AM
Techno Treecko Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Techno Treecko Send a message via Yahoo to Techno Treecko

I agree completely with the re-electing idea. Oh and btw, every original war leader is back (N8, SK, and Kim were the three originals). SK isn’t back here, per say, but he’s on our forum, and with a little convincing he could come back. I would either want all three original war leaders back, or an election to choose who the new ones should be, if I were to participate in this war.

Oh and I also love the idea of clearing all member lists and having every team start anew. This might convince me to start up Flora again, because they might actually have a chance.
Old 02-24-2005, 11:23 AM
boltAge Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to boltAge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Techno Treecko
I agree completely with the re-electing idea. Oh and btw, every original war leader is back (N8, SK, and Kim were the three originals). SK isn’t back here, per say, but he’s on our forum, and with a little convincing he could come back. I would either want all three original war leaders back, or an election to choose who the new ones should be, if I were to participate in this war.

Oh and I also love the idea of clearing all member lists and having every team start anew. This might convince me to start up Flora again, because they might actually have a chance.
Well, what's the point of clearing member lists when they can just join the team again?
Old 02-24-2005, 11:44 AM
Techno Treecko Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Techno Treecko Send a message via Yahoo to Techno Treecko

Quote:
Well, what's the point of clearing member lists when they can just join the team again?
To get rid of dead lifeless bodies for one. And to let them decide if they want to try out a new team with no pressure for two.
Old 02-24-2005, 03:27 PM
Finch Offline
Inazuma

Send a message via Skype™ to Finch

It's a good point about starting new teams, Treecko.. But then, who would? Does anyone want to?
Old 02-24-2005, 03:36 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga

Quote:

Wow, sorry that all we've done for the war isn't fit enough for the king, your highness. You don't know how much time was invested into making this the best that it could be, and how many nights I stayed up late to make it all possible. But, what the hell do you care, you're just a 13 year old who thinks he can step all over people and not give a crap who is under him.

I ask again, if it was completely up to you, who would you elect besides ElimN8?

Old 02-24-2005, 03:53 PM
Daniella Defines Divinity Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valiant Lugia
Wow, sorry that all we've done for the war isn't fit enough for the king, your highness. You don't know how much time was invested into making this the best that it could be, and how many nights I stayed up late to make it all possible. But, what the hell do you care, you're just a 13 year old who thinks he can step all over people and not give a crap who is under him.

I ask again, if it was completely up to you, who would you elect besides ElimN8?
Lol don't take what he says personally, since I've been back I haven't seen a single post that hasn't been a complaint XP

Someone probably just stuck a pineapple up his butt

The question I'd like to pose is who here realisticly thinks they have the patience and the power to keep going if they were a war leader? I'd say only a select few do and they're the ones already doing it *nods*
Old 02-24-2005, 04:21 PM
JohtoTrainer Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to JohtoTrainer Send a message via Yahoo to JohtoTrainer

Raik just wants to argue, like most 12 year-olds.

Raik, there is nobody more fit as War Leaders then Fair, Neo, Kim, and N8. There's no reason to replace them any way. THey are doing a fine job. The only reason the war failed is because people are too busy to participate, it's not their fault.

This suit is black not.
Old 02-24-2005, 04:30 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiva
Lol don't take what he says personally, since I've been back I haven't seen a single post that hasn't been a complaint XP
Actually, Raik has been pretty much like that the entire time he's been here. Hearing his whining again really isn't much of a surprise.

Quote:
Someone probably just stuck a pineapple up his butt
That, and a red-hot cactus up his nose.

Quote:
The question I'd like to pose is who here realisticly thinks they have the patience and the power to keep going if they were a war leader? I'd say only a select few do and they're the ones already doing it *nods*
It's definitely not easy, that's for sure.

Most people don't realize it takes a lot of time to do this kind of thing. Plus it takes a lot of "what if?" thinking in order to work out any complications that may arise. Just because one person is voted in doesn't mean they're going to know how to handle cases like that.

Old 02-24-2005, 04:46 PM
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Send a message via AIM to Kenny_C.002

Sheesh chill, don't need to get all worked up for such minor consequences. We are adults, remember?

Anywho, election would be a good idea IMO still, considering that although the war leaders are the best at what they do, we need to have at least some fresh meat into the position. A way to getting more creative juices flowing. Season 3 was an effort, but I'm quite certain that some of you guys are getting tired. I can't possibly see a downside to it other than having more people baring the title and the workload.
Closed Thread