Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Groups/Clubs

Groups/Clubs Start a Pokemon or non-Pokemon related Group/Club for your favorite topic. Whether it's a group/club for one of the good guys like Ash, Misty, or Brock, to the villains like Team Rocket, Team Magma, and Team Aqua. Your group can be whatever you want.

Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2005, 11:34 PM
Jack of Clovers Offline
~lil leprechaun~

Send a message via ICQ to Jack of Clovers Send a message via AIM to Jack of Clovers Send a message via MSN to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Yahoo to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Skype™ to Jack of Clovers
Default Re: War Season 4 Planning

here's my first suggestion- fix the team issues. have everyone start new team threads with a blank slate, making people rejoin their team if they want. also, have team member limits so other teams may gain members. even the teams a bit and it will be more fun/challenging.

as for URPG prizes, i've stated the war and the URPG are separate. sorry.

~Jack~

-| Links |-
Old 02-22-2005, 11:54 PM
TMTS Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to TMTS Send a message via Yahoo to TMTS

TMTS's Idea List of fun!

•- NO REMOVING TEAMS BY DEFEAT!
•- Keep the paint art section. If no one wants it, TOUGH! I'll be the judge.
•- How about a plot... not just a spontanious war breaking out! (Not just the RP)
•- I like the team- reasignment thing, to reshuffle and eliminate the 9-post-never-came-backers
•- The Map idea... is ok... but... eh... it's better than just points... but still...
•- WE NEED THE JUDGES/MEMBERS TO BE MORE ACTIVE! Preferably, the war should be durring the summer, if none protest...
•- Heh heh... I like those little bullet points...
•- Create-a-smily contest! XD or not...
•- How about spriting be a devision? Now that (hopefully) more people can sprite thanks to my tutorial... Unless we had this already and it got shoved under the rug...
•- Out of ideas.... I'll post more as they come...
Old 02-23-2005, 12:41 AM
Killearn Offline
New Trainer

Here is what I have been cooking up in my head all evening:

-Perhapse compile a list of those who actually do participate in long term roleplays and such [just a list of those who are believed to be dedicated to the cause].
-For every (#) points a 'team' is given a chance to god-mod or are granted the ability to modify the next step of the plot of the Role Playing section... or something [a small award for a certain amount of points for each team].

That's all folks.

#1 Bloody Shadow Pirate Musketeer and Almighty Slacker
Old 02-23-2005, 12:42 AM
Lord Celebi Offline
Zhu-Quiao

Send a message via AIM to Lord Celebi Send a message via Skype™ to Lord Celebi

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMTS
TMTS's Idea List of fun!

•- How about a plot... not just a spontanious war breaking out! (Not just the RP)
•- I like the team- reasignment thing, to reshuffle and eliminate the 9-post-never-came-backers
•- The Map idea... is ok... but... eh... it's better than just points... but still...
•- WE NEED THE JUDGES/MEMBERS TO BE MORE ACTIVE! Preferably, the war should be durring the summer, if none protest...
•- How about spriting be a devision? Now that (hopefully) more people can sprite thanks to my tutorial... Unless we had this already and it got shoved under the rug...
I like your ideas. Espically 1.

Also, bonus points at the end of the War. Like say, 5 points or so. Maybe like a Trivia Contest where one person per team is picked to go and try to get the most answers correct.
Old 02-23-2005, 01:05 AM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga

Quote:
#1 - This can be definitely done. Kicking teams from the war is pretty heartless, since anyone and everyone should be able to take part as long as they're part of a valid team.

#2 - Heh, you liked that Paint section I guess. I really don't see anything wrong with keeping it. People did come up with some really cool MS Paint pictures.

#3 - An actual plot would be a good idea, since you could build fan fictions and flow it into the War RP. Honestly, I would strongly recommend people writing fan fictions about the war itself. It makes it have a lot more substance and realism. All that needs to be done is come up with a plot based on the missions of each team, and find a way for them to conflict with each other to the point where war and conflict would be the only solution.

#4 - I'm guessing you mean starting every team's thread new from scratch. That would actually be a good idea, since team rosters could offically be updated fresh and would take off all the people who posted only to join the team and then left the entire forum just days later. Plus, who knows, doing that would also motivate others to get brand new teams going, which is something we could use some more of in this upcoming war.

#5 - Considering map and points, it might be a better idea to have both, and let map sections be worth many points, which would then be added together at the end of the war. That's just a thought though. The map thing did take a lot of effort and work to run well. Plus, a lot of team leaders really hated the demanding attack and defend system. If you guys would want the map back in, it's going to take quite a lot of time and effort to make sure it's done right this time.

#6 - YES WE DO! That's why I think judge rotation would help a lot. If judges can switch sections from time to time, then we won't have problems with boredom, which easily leads to less creativity and of course, less activity after that. Five weeks sounds fair enough for a judge rotation. If the war lasts fifteen weeks, that means each judge would have taken part in three different sections. Sounds a heck of a lot better I think.

#7 - Heh, they are pretty cool, aren't they?

#8 - Eh, there's probably a billion smilies out there already, covering just about every imaginable expression and activity. Intresting idea, but people would run out of ideas quite quicking. Still, I definitely thank for you trying to come up with new ideas.

#9 - Making sprites is something some people can do extremely, and others have an extremely tough time with. This one might need a little bit more discussion, since it would make a good section but there might not be too many active participants.

#10 - Take your time, you've definitely come up with quite a lot already.

Old 02-23-2005, 01:41 AM
Lord Celebi Offline
Zhu-Quiao

Ok, if we're gonna have Team Numebr restrictions, I did soem math to see how many Participants are in the war, and divide them up evenly. First, I added up all the teams, and got roughly 125 participants. Next, I added the Floras who didn't join other teams. The # is now 138. 138/6 War Teams equals 23 per team. Now, Round Up to the Nearest ten. The Number is 30. If each team has 30, we can evenly divide the number of people among teams so its fair. Anyone agree?
Old 02-23-2005, 01:55 AM
Neo Emolga Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by rust
Ok, if we're gonna have Team Numebr restrictions, I did soem math to see how many Participants are in the war, and divide them up evenly. First, I added up all the teams, and got roughly 125 participants. Next, I added the Floras who didn't join other teams. The # is now 138. 138/6 War Teams equals 23 per team. Now, Round Up to the Nearest ten. The Number is 30. If each team has 30, we can evenly divide the number of people among teams so its fair. Anyone agree?
Well, then you're forcing people to be on teams they might not want to be a part of. The greatest thing about the war is being able to participate under the team that you think is the best. I'm sure there are people who wouldn't want to switched into other team when they've been a part of one team for a long, long time.

But yes, it is hard for other teams to get into the war when most of the member share belongs to only to a few teams. Maybe there is a way we can fix that.

Old 02-23-2005, 01:59 AM
TMTS Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to TMTS Send a message via Yahoo to TMTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by rust
......no, actually.

Yeah, another thought would be a heavier distribution of points... I want to see them get into tripple digits... Like even in non-war designated sections- Really helpful posts to respond to something, very deep thoughts *turns attention away from PF for a moment* and how about a post-of-the-week? Like... 5 points or so- just for a very inspiring/hilarious/interesting post!

Oooo...kay now I'm just DIGING for ideas...

50 points to Griffend- ...er.... Aqua Frost...

Last edited by TMTS; 02-23-2005 at 02:01 AM.
Old 02-23-2005, 02:33 AM
Lord Celebi Offline
Zhu-Quiao

Quote:
......no, actually.

Yeah, another thought would be a heavier distribution of points... I want to see them get into tripple digits... Like even in non-war designated sections- Really helpful posts to respond to something, very deep thoughts *turns attention away from PF for a moment* and how about a post-of-the-week? Like... 5 points or so- just for a very inspiring/hilarious/interesting post!

Oooo...kay now I'm just DIGING for ideas...

50 points to Griffend- ...er.... Aqua Frost...
Does that mean you're coming back?

I also like that idea. We need a lot of ways to get points instead of a few topics.

Quote:
Well, then you're forcing people to be on teams they might not want to be a part of. The greatest thing about the war is being able to participate under the team that you think is the best. I'm sure there are people who wouldn't want to switched into other team when they've been a part of one team for a long, long time.

But yes, it is hard for other teams to get into the war when most of the member share belongs to only to a few teams. Maybe there is a way we can fix that.
I guess you're right... Now how should we going about evenly distrubuting members? I am clueless.
Old 02-23-2005, 10:48 AM
boltAge Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to boltAge

rust, yeah sure, keep AF in the war, but like you'll all ever win. I speak of facts. I request teams defeated to die immediately and not waste everybody's time calculating points and stuff. AF doesn't stand the slightest chance, friend.
Old 02-23-2005, 12:14 PM
Techno Treecko Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Techno Treecko Send a message via Yahoo to Techno Treecko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valiant Lugia
I.E., the very reason why Harry created this thread in the first place. If we let everyone contribute their ideas and thoughts, maybe we can combine them and form an enjoyable event that everyone would like to take part it. Also, if the war dies, the presence of the teams is virtually meaningless. Otherwise they're just clubhouses that don't do anything together but chat. I think everyone would like their team to be something more than that.

In my opinion, War Season 2 ran way too long. I noticed the same thing in the "phony" War thing that I created (that TT so utterly despises, but he's entitled to his opinion). People are excitied about it at first, but then as time goes on, judges get tired of doing thier section and people get tried of the same thing going around. Topics for the week change, but the judge is usually drained trying to think of new and creative topics.

Perhaps have some kind of judge rotation every five weeks? That way, judges aren't stuck with art/humor/whatever for nearly 14 weeks long. The war is better if it doesn't work 100% like an assembly line when it comes to the judges. If someone takes over for them and they take over for someone else, then there will be more variety for both the judges and the participants.
Heh, the original idea of teams was just for clubs, the war didn't come up until a very old member thought of it (he doesn't go here anymore and I forgot his name...I'll edit it in if I can remember), but then ElimN8 and Kim (along with SK, later) flew with the idea and came up with the war for the teams to participate in.

But eh, if you guys really can't give up on the idea and want to stretch it further, here's some suggestions :

As for prizes, something that might be good, but might cost someone a little cash, would be AIM Superbuddy Icons. They only cost $2.00 each, but someone would have to pay for them. The idea could work, but I don't think anyone here wants to pay for someone they barely know online to get a cool SuperBuddy on AIM (plus not everyone here has AIM). But w/e, just an idea to throw out there.

As for judges, you need to switch them off, as stated by some others, so that people don't get bored of their job.

Also, you need set dates for when the war is to begin and end, not just "as long as you want it to go for." And yes, it needs to reside solely in the summer, when people are active and have time.

If I get bored enough in/before the summer, I might revive Flora and get a bunch of n00bs to join just for the hell of it.

Last edited by Techno Treecko; 02-23-2005 at 12:27 PM.
Old 02-23-2005, 03:16 PM
Daniella Defines Divinity Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

I say we aim for June/ July time Summer, no school etc and a long enough break so that when the war does come it won't be "oh great, not another war"
Old 02-23-2005, 03:30 PM
boltAge Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to boltAge

Random: I request for new war leaders. The current ones are obviously inefficient or inactive. Some people will never know how fun the first few wars were We actually had COMPETITION then. And teamwork too, yeah, though I hopped teams often and became a moron to my previous teams, but I'm still yeah, cool 8]
Old 02-23-2005, 05:53 PM
bronislav84 Offline

Send a message via AIM to bronislav84 Send a message via MSN to bronislav84 Send a message via Yahoo to bronislav84

I like the idea of of redoing the Member Lists. This idea will separate the rotting teams from the ones that have enough members to stay around.
Ex: (Pardon me for using you as an example rust, but I tend to think it's true) AF has only two active members and not 10, so they shouldn't have been allowed in.

I DON'T like the idea of rotating judges for all sections. If my preveous idea (THAT WASN'T ADRESSED BY ANYBODY) was used, I'd sure like to be the Judge #2. I think it's not fair to rotate if the Judge is not bored.

Killearn's idea and the Team Number Limit idea aren't even worth adressing, IMHO.
Bronislav is my name and 1984 is my birth year. Call me Bron or Slavik if you can't say my full name. Banner/Ava by the illustrious Neo Pikachu Emolga R.I.P. August 13, 2007 3:45AM EST Simkha "Dosha" Bakman I loved you, Grandpa Check this out, it's really cool!
Old 02-23-2005, 09:22 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiva
I say we aim for June/ July time Summer, no school etc and a long enough break so that when the war does come it won't be "oh great, not another war"
Yeah, that's pretty much the best time to hold it. Late June or early July would likely be the target area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltAge
Random: I request for new war leaders. The current ones are obviously inefficient or inactive. Some people will never know how fun the first few wars were We actually had COMPETITION then. And teamwork too, yeah, though I hopped teams often and became a moron to my previous teams, but I'm still yeah, cool 8]
Right now, the current war leaders are HKim, Fair, and myself. I'm been trying to be active as hell, and HKim has already been an extreme help getting the War to be as good as it can be. I'm sure Fair is probably busy with school, so that really can't be turned against him. If we suddenly crowned you king and let you throw the three of us out, who exactly should replace us, hmm?

Yes, maybe we could elect one or two new war leaders. After all, Dani and ElimN8 have returned, but it's really up to them whether they would like to reclaim their former position. Personally, I would definitley like to work with the two of them, but that's their choice, not mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronislav84
I like the idea of of redoing the Member Lists. This idea will separate the rotting teams from the ones that have enough members to stay around.
Yeah, I agree as well. It's about time for each team to start their thread off new and have an offical roll call of their members, so they can be fully aware of who is still on their team and who isn't.

I honestly think an official date should be assigned for this to take place, but I'd have to discuss it with Kim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronislav84
I DON'T like the idea of rotating judges for all sections. If my preveous idea (THAT WASN'T ADRESSED BY ANYBODY) was used, I'd sure like to be the Judge #2. I think it's not fair to rotate if the Judge is not bored.
The previous idea that you mentioned did work out pretty well actually, but to make that completely offical in Season 4 has yet to be fully decided. I am reading everything, it's just a mouthful to respond to every post personally.

Bron, the judge rotation is the only idea I can think of to make sure judges aren't bored. I already know other judges are definitely going to get bored doing the same section for 15 weeks in a row. It has happened in the past, and I'd bet good money that it would happen again if its handled in the same exact way as last time. Even if the judge isn't bored, there will be others that definitely will be. Face it, even after 10 weeks, I would think even you would be bored of a position that you really wanted and were eventually assigned to at the beginning of the war.

If they're switched to another section after five weeks, hopefully that will renew their interest in the war as they take on a whole new section with a whole new outlook. Also, that enables them to use their imagination and creativity in a whole new way. But if we keep it the same as before, judging is going to get very mundane after around the seventh week. I'd like to believe otherwise, but it's the truth.

Closed Thread