Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Anime/Movies/Manga

Pokemon: Anime/Movies/Manga Talk about the Pokemon anime, movies and manga. NOTE: It's possible that there may be discussions in here that may spoil something for you if you haven't seen that episode/movie/manga before. Please use the spoiler code when appropriate.

Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2005, 04:14 PM
Marill Offline

Send a message via AIM to Marill Send a message via Yahoo to Marill
Default Pokémon TV Show and Movies Chit-Chat

Come one, come all! Talk about current Episodes/Movies, and express your thoughts here. Did you like it, or did you absolutely hate it? No wrong answer here! For those who are dragging on their episodes, you're invited as well!

First... Today's episode! "Exploud and Clear!" I thought it went okay, but it was more of less just another boring filler to me. The one thing that made my heart sing was watching Exploud smile. That was hilariously cute!

Date Registered: 06/17/02 at 18:54:32
Old 02-23-2005, 07:12 PM
Jack of Clovers Offline
~lil leprechaun~

Send a message via ICQ to Jack of Clovers Send a message via AIM to Jack of Clovers Send a message via MSN to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Yahoo to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Skype™ to Jack of Clovers
Default Re: Pokémon TV Show and Movies Chit-Chat

*stickies*

Exploud and Clear
man, now i don't like Exploud/Loudred any more than i did. that thing is ugly. blah. and Grovyle... the new twig in its mouth is weird. i prefer Treecko and the other twig to the newly evolved version. Leaf Blade is cool though. The episode as a whole, it was alright, nothing too special.

~Jack~

-| Links |-
Old 02-23-2005, 09:57 PM
Marill Offline

Well, one thing I didn't understand, was why the constant battle between Exploud and Grovyle? At first thought, I wondered if it was supposed to be a metaphor for the episode in itself, and I couldn't find one. Then, I thought it may be a typical fight between two Pokémon who are of a species that absolutely detests another specific species. (i.e. Seviper/Zangoose) I couldn't really find a justification, other than they were just battling.... Any other explanation?

Old 02-25-2005, 08:14 PM
Jack of Clovers Offline
~lil leprechaun~

Send a message via ICQ to Jack of Clovers Send a message via AIM to Jack of Clovers Send a message via MSN to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Yahoo to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Skype™ to Jack of Clovers

well, they did mention that when a Pokemon evolves that it's character/personality may evolve too. it could also do with them both evolving at the same time,,, trying to show each other who's really better. at least, that's how i see it.

~Jack~

-| Links |-
Old 02-25-2005, 08:40 PM
Tamer Marco Offline
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Tamer Marco Send a message via AIM to Tamer Marco Send a message via MSN to Tamer Marco Send a message via Yahoo to Tamer Marco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marill
Well, one thing I didn't understand, was why the constant battle between Exploud and Grovyle? At first thought, I wondered if it was supposed to be a metaphor for the episode in itself, and I couldn't find one. Then, I thought it may be a typical fight between two Pokémon who are of a species that absolutely detests another specific species. (i.e. Seviper/Zangoose) I couldn't really find a justification, other than they were just battling.... Any other explanation?
Nope. I thought it was just some stuff the producers had to create in a weeks time, it wasn't good at all. I don't even see how a Wood Gecko, and... whatever it is, could have a beef with each other. I can see Zangoose and Seviper, since there's always a constant war between them... but not Exploud and Grovyle...
Old 02-26-2005, 08:53 PM
Marill Offline

Well, maybe Jack's explanation is the only logical one then? That's why I don't like "filler" episodes... They do nothing for the series except knock down viewers. Geez... I can't wait until a good episode again.

Today's episode, Go Go Ludicolo!, was a little odd again, but better than last. The same style ending, though... Not knowing who won the battle.

Old 02-26-2005, 09:00 PM
Tamer Marco Offline
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Tamer Marco Send a message via AIM to Tamer Marco Send a message via MSN to Tamer Marco Send a message via Yahoo to Tamer Marco

OOO, OOO, did Brock's Lombre evolve into a Ludicolo?! Please tell me it did.
Old 02-26-2005, 09:09 PM
Marill Offline

No, unfortunately. It was another trainer, Pancho, and his Ludicolo. The episode displayed a new side of Corphish and Grovyle, though. It's obvious that at times, they don't like each other.

Old 02-27-2005, 09:18 AM
Jack of Clovers Offline
~lil leprechaun~

lol, Pancho... could it be any more steriotypical.

and Ludicolo is just plain annoying. dancing happy Pokemon... ik why do Corphish and Treecko/Grovyle not really like each other? i forgot.

~Jack~

-| Links |-
Old 02-27-2005, 01:03 PM
FinalThunder Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to FinalThunder Send a message via Yahoo to FinalThunder

I think because Treecko evolved and corpish didn't.
Old 02-28-2005, 10:17 PM
RAQUAZA Offline
Experienced Trainer

Cool Re: Pokémon TV Show and Movies Chit-Chat

I think when Treecko evolved to Grovyle it have the new attact "Leaf blade" and it help full.And Corpfish did't
Old 03-04-2005, 10:46 PM
Marill Offline

Well, tomorrow is A Double Dilemma, which I hope will be a good episode. Hmm, I wonder what it will be about? I try not to spoil myself.

Old 03-05-2005, 04:22 PM
Scorch Ry Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Scorch Ry

A Double Dilemma
The episode went pretty well. The whole battling thing with Ash was very funny to watch, and that Grovyle impressed me with defeating that Golduck. However, what concerns me is May's Torchic; what that attack Ember or did it actually start looking like a Flamethrower in-the-making?

GAME DATA & ANALYSIS COMING VERY SOON.
Old 03-07-2005, 05:25 PM
Jack of Clovers Offline
~lil leprechaun~

ya, definitely looked like flamethrower.

i thought the episode was plain funny. Meowth as May and Wobbuffet as Max were awesome. lol. those townsfolk are too easy to fool.
the other part i liked was Ash battling May and Ash getting boo'd all the time. i never saw that coming.

~Jack~

-| Links |-
Old 03-08-2005, 12:18 AM
Pharaoh Atem Offline
New Trainer

Pretty funny episode, even though it was a total filler. :/

No, I'm just kidding. This episode wasn't too bad. Of course, it was strange that the whole crowd of people was so gullible, lol.

Everyone's crazy about Norman. It'll be interesting to see how he reacts when the gang tells him about that, if they do.

Ugh...My lowly subjects are annoying me...
Closed Thread