Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Creative Writing

Creative Writing Share your fan fiction, stories, poems, essays, editorials, song lyrics, or any other related written work. All written must be your creation. Start a new thread, and keep replying to that thread as you add on more chapters. Anyone can join in at anytime.

Old 03-04-2004, 10:32 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga
Default Re: The Twisted Fields

Chapter 29
Cold Underground

There was barely any light in that room. Everything was completely metal, and the only other thing in the room was a metal elevator. It certainly wasn’t anything fancy. The door was comprised of three metal beams with caution tape and several black grates. I had made my way over to the control panel and pressed the button to call the elevator. I didn’t know why but something was certainly making me feel sick at that moment. It just seemed too quiet around here.

Soon enough, we saw the metal elevator rise through the grates, and when it had arrived at the top floor, the metal beams had slid into the ceiling and floor while the grates had been pulled to the sides. Inside was a very dark metal elevator, lit by only a single, tiny light.

“How welcoming…” Randy commented as the elevator had arrived.

We had walked over to the elevator and stepped inside. Once we were all in, I pressed the black button on the side to head downward. Suddenly, the metal beams slid back down again, and the grates were pulled in front of us. Then, everything in front of us moved upward and the elevator moved downward.

It felt like we had descended nearly a mile underground before we finally arrived at the bottom floor. Similar to the floor above, sliding metal beams made up the door. Once the beams and grates had been moved aside, we peered into another dark room, this time completely made of concrete. We had stepped out of the elevator, and looked around.

“Since there are two silo doors, there has to be two missiles.” Rackal had told us, “We need to place two explosive charges on the missiles themselves, as well as any fuel rooms we find.”

Suddenly, we heard a noise in the distance. We turned around and looked down a long concrete hallway, with a Nuzleaf and a Machoke starting right at us with weapons drawn. They both glared at us.

“Silver Rebellion…” The Nuzleaf hissed at us, “I think the four of you fools just stepped a little too far into our hole.”
“Drop your weapons!” The Machoke shouted angrily in a low voice as he pointed his extra-large Vulcan rifle right at us, “Or you’ll find another way to kiss the floor!!”
“I’ve got a better idea.” Vice smiled with an insidious grin, “How about you get out of our way, and we might just spare your lives!”

The Machoke growled at us, pointing the huge Vulcan rifle right at Vice. Meanwhile, the Nuzleaf was armed with what looked like a smaller machine pistol, almost like an Uzi. Both of them looked at Vice with contempt.

“I hope you’ve enjoyed your life here, you worthless, little Sneasel.” The Nuzleaf hissed with amusement, “Because you enter hell today!!”

And then, they opened fire on Vice. I felt for sure he was going to be killed unless I took action now. I had to concentrate, this time very hard, focusing on Vice and well as Rackal, Randy, and myself. Suddenly, everything around us slowed to a crawl. The incoming bullets had very slowly approached Vice, and he moved back. Somehow, my focus was affecting him as well.

I had stormed my way toward the Machoke and the Nuzleaf, with my cheeks flaring with electricity. Vice had realized we were still moving normal speed, while they were slowed down. Vice had avoided the bullets rather easily, leaped toward the Nuzleaf, and slashed viciously at his face. Meanwhile, I had jumped toward the Machoke, latched on to his chest, and released all of my stored electricity all directed into Machoke’s chest. His body began to twitch and convulse with throbbing pain, just before he slowly collapsed to the ground, almost like he had drowned underwater, and was sinking to the bottom of the sea. When Machoke had completely collapsed to the ground, I had gotten off of him and turned to see Vice, cutting Nuzleaf into shreds. By now, Nuzleaf was long gone…

I had stopped my concentration, and everything returned to normal speed. Meanwhile, Vice had looked toward me, and the looked around him.

“Boy, that was fun.” Vice replied, crossing his arms with his soiled claws sticking out, “But, what the hell happened to them?”
“Yeah, I know.” Rackal replied, looking around everywhere, “It’s like they were moving in slow motion…”

And then, Randy had stepped forward. He was the only one besides me who knew of that ability I had.

“It’s Juno that did that.” Randy told them, “It’s when everything around you moves only a tenth of its normal speeds. But in truth, it’s you that is moving ten times faster than everything else…”
“That was…” Vice said in wonder as he turned toward me, “You were the one who did that?”

I didn’t say anything. I just looked into Vice’s eyes, and I let my expression tell him.

“You really are the Gold Rider…” Rackal said to me in amazement, “The strongest soldier ever to enter the Silver Rebellion’s ranks.”
“Come on.” I told them, “Let’s just do our job and get out of here, before anyone else sees us…”

They had agreed, and we had made our way down the dark, concrete tunnels. Once we had arrived at a metal, steel security door, we pressed a button on the side and the door opened. We had come to a small control room. There were computer consoles everywhere, as well as two glass windows on the left and right. When I looked through the windows, I could see both missiles, still docked in the silo. But I didn’t see any way Rackal could attach an explosive to the missile itself.

“Ho boy…” Rackal said as he looked around, “This isn’t the system that I thought it was…”
“What does that mean?” Randy asked, looking up at Rackal.
“It means we’re going to have to destroy these missiles some other way…”

Old 03-04-2004, 10:35 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

Chapter 30
A Fiery End

I had looked at the consoles, and then at the rockets, and couldn’t think of what to do. Normally, we could set an explosive charge for ten minutes and get the heck out of there, but we couldn’t get anywhere near the rockets…

“Well, what do we do?” Randy asked, looking around, “The rocket is like two hundred feet away from the window. Even if we break it…”
“There’s only one way we can get rid of them now.” Rackal told the three of us, “We need to launch them so they crash right into the silo door. Once they hit the door, everything here will be destroyed. Problem is, the longest amount of time that the launch can be set for is five minutes.”

Vice had looked away for a moment. He seemed pretty tense about something.

“You know, five minutes isn’t a whole lot of time for us to rush out of here.” Vice complained, “Once that countdown starts, we’d better run like hell if we hope to get away from that explosion. Keep in mind those silo doors aren’t going to hold in that explosion very well…”
“We will make it out it time.” Rackal told us, “Once we reach the surface, we run as far as we can from the two silo doors. That’s all.”
“Okay, but I hope you know what you’re doing…” Vice told him, rolling his eyes.

Rackal had made his way over to the console, and began pressing a series of buttons. I had never seen a system like this in my life, so I had no clue how to use it…

“Manual system override…” Rackal said to himself as he hacked away at the buttons, “Launch protocol… System data backup entry…”

And then, some red lights turned on all around us. Along with them came on a female electronic voice:

LANUCH IN T-MINUS 300 SECONDS

“Come on!” Rackal shouted, turning around, “It’s set to go! We have to get out of here!”

We immediately turned around and ran out of the control room. I was leading with Vice right besides me, with Randy behind us and Rackal in the back. We ran furiously down the hallway when suddenly we had heard an alarm go off, and more flashing red lights turned on around the concrete hallway.

INITIATING SILO LOCKDOWN

We had seen the two open steel doors in front of us, and quickly Vice and I had passed through them with Randy directly behind us. The three of us had made it through, but then as we turned around and saw Rackal just feet away from the door, the two metal doors slammed shut, trapping Rackal inside.

“Oh shoot.” Vice said bitterly, “Oh man, those things aren’t going to open…”

I headed over to the black button and pressed it furiously, but it wasn’t opening the doors.

LAUNCH IN T-MINUS 200 SECONDS

“How do we get this thing open!?” Randy shouted, pounding at the metal doors.
“That’s the problem…” Vice told us anxiously, “It was a backup security measure. Rackal is a goner…”
“No, this cannot be happening!” I shouted as I pounded the black button harder and harder.
“Come on!” Vice shouted to the two of us, “If we stay here any longer we’re going to fry in here as well. We don’t have any more time!!”

I couldn’t help but leave Rackal behind. We turned around and followed Vice down the concrete hallways. I couldn’t believe I had lost another member of my team. We had made it to the elevator, and pressed the call button. Immediately, the doors opened, we dashed inside, and pressed the button. The doors shut tightly and the elevator began to climb upward, the last travel it would ever make…

LAUNCH IN T-MINUS 100 SECONDS

We had made it to the top floor, and we furiously headed for the metal door. Once we were outside, we ran as far away from that silo as we could, since the whole thing was about to explode. As we kept on running, I had seen that the Crimson Stars were unable to douse the fire that was quickly consuming the warehouses one by one. But meanwhile, we were running in an open field, completely without cover. But that wasn’t what was bothering me…

Suddenly, moments later, the ground shook like a massive earthquake had taken place. I had turned around and saw the two silo doors blast off with a massive gush of fire and flames following it. One of the metal doors had slammed into an already burning warehouse, just to assist in its destruction. I felt so sick at that moment…

I’m sorry, Rackal…

Old 03-04-2004, 10:36 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

Chapter 31
Eyes of the Enemy

It was left down to just the three of us. I couldn’t believe what had happened. Rackal had served the Silver Rebellion faithfully, even to the moment of his death. He had taken us this far. The missiles were gone and would never be used against the Silver Rebellion. The weapon stockpiles were burning to their destruction as we spoke. In only a few more minutes, there would be nothing left.

Two of our objectives had been completed. The only ones left were to head over to the prison and release the captives and shut down the assembly plants. Hopefully, with their assistance, we would shut down the assembly lines and get out of here. I’m sure they had been here too long as it is.

“Well…” Vice told me, looking over to me, “You’re the leader. Where to?”
“Let’s head over to the prison.” I told him, “Chances are if we keep running down in this direction, we’ll find it.”

Vice had looked to me with a curious eye.

“What makes you so sure?” Vice asked, looking at me curiously.
“Why would they place a prison so close to a weapons stockpile?” I told him logically, “Believe me, they would keep them away from that kind of thing as much as possible.”
“Hmm…” Vice replied, looking down in thought, “Makes sense. Let’s go.”

As we kept on running, we had passed by the assembly plants, and then it had all made sense. The prison had to be nearby. No doubt they were forcing the prisoners to work at the assembly plants as slave labor. Since it was the night hours, I could only expect the prisoners to be in their cells by now, probably sleeping.

We were in the heart of Macomb, which contained the largest and darkest of the buildings. Large factories and containment areas surrounded us as we continuously moved through the streets, trying to be as silent and covert as possible. All of the buildings had windows with a grid made up of panes of glass. Inside, I couldn’t see anything, but we knew to stay away from any windows that had light glowing inside of them.

The more assembly plants we passed, the longer I knew it would take to dismantle all of them. As we passed into the new district, I could see the development of machines, Talons mostly. And then, I got a view of what a VAT looked like. I had easily mistaken it for a factory until I realized it had wheels.

And lots and lots of guns sticking out of it…

But, it hadn’t been close to completion. Nonetheless, we continued our way around the last bunch of assembly plants before we came across a metal, linked fence. In the distance, we saw an enormous building, with only little black squares as its windows. Around it was a large open space, leaving the building in the middle. All around, search lights were moving around, always looking for anyone that was trying to escape. It seemed pretty hopeless for anyone locked in there.

I had looked above and saw the same barbed wire we had been trained to remove. All around the wire were blades shaped like pizza cutters. I knew for a fact anyone trying to crawl thorough that would be cut to ribbons…

“Well, I think we made it.” Randy said, recognizing the building was the prison, “Now how do we get through the fence and make our way toward the building?”
“Must you always doubt my power, Blitz?” Vice asked Randy, giving him an evil stare, “This is nothing. I’ve dealt with this many times before.”
“Careful.” I warned him, “That’s exactly how Lahanas thought before he opened fire on those Wind Strikers…”
“No…” Vice replied, “What he did was just plain stupid. I’m not like that at all.”

Vice the told the two of us to step aside, and when we did, he slashed away at the fence. But, he had tried over and over again, but not a single cut was made in the links. Then, after some aggravation, he finally gave up…

“Okay…” Vice hissed, just barely keeping his cool, “I guess we’ll need to find another way around.”
“Yeah,” Randy replied, “But these Crimson Stars aren’t going to let us through the front gate. Is there any way we can pretend we’re them…?”

Vice had turned toward Randy, and he looked like he was about to laugh. I had looked at him too, and Randy couldn’t understand what was going on.

“Blitz, you’re a genius.” Vice smiled, “We already have the guns. Now we just need the badge.”
“A badge?” Randy asked.
“Yes,” Vice told him, “It helps them bypass security measures and its proof that they belong to the Crimson Stars.”

Surely we could find some around here. I had looked left and right, and suddenly I saw two guards walking along the perimeter of the fence. I was surprised they hadn’t seen us yet.

“Hide!” I told them, “Someone’s coming!”

We had dashed behind the assembly plant ten feet away from us, and just waited patiently. After three minutes, they had started walking down, and I saw it was an Aipom and a Combusken. I had heard the Aipom giggling about something, and suddenly they stopped. The Combusken glared at the Aipom with a look of contempt.

“Just what the hell is so funny?” He asked with a stare.

We waited silently as the Aipom just kept on laughing. Suddenly, he tried to break out of it.

“Do you know who has the worst job here, out of everyone?” The Aipom asked, struggling not to burst out laughing.
“Hands down, it’s the prisoners.” The Combusken replied, “They never get a break…”
“Yeah, you may think that…” The Aipom giggled, “But it’s really Ved. Now that’s the worst job ever!”
“You mean the guy who feeds the Skarmories?” The Combusken asked with surprise.
“Yep!” The Aipom laughed, “No wonder he swears all the time…”

The Aipom was laughing hysterically, and soon enough, as the Combusken thought about it some more, he started laughing as well. At that moment, we broke out of hiding, and pointed our guns right at them. Suddenly it wasn’t so funny anymore.

“Say cheese.” Vice smiled with a grin.

We then opened fire at them. My Vulcan rifle roared to life as fire blasted out of the rifle’s barrel. While they were being struck by our rifles, Randy finished them off with a blast from his Zephyr-E. Both of them were thrown back against the fence, perforated with bullets and smoking from the blast. When I looked at the Combusken’s body, I found a small, red badge on his upper right chest. It was shaped like a shield and had three red stars on it against a silver background. I pulled it off and realized it was attached by means of some sticky adhesive strip. I then placed it on my own chest. Vice had done the same as well with the Aipom’s badge. He had also taken the Combusken’s Vulcan rifle and threw his old caliber rifle besides his body. We now looked like the enemy.

“What about me?” Randy asked, realizing he was without both a Vulcan rifle and a badge.
“We have to pretend you’re a prisoner.” Vice told him, “It will be easy if you give me your Zephyr-E. We’ll pretend you were the only survivor in the gun fight, and Juno and I captured you.”

Randy swallowed hard.

“Okay…” Randy responded.

Vice then took away Randy’s rifle, and we began walking toward the front gate. We just had to pretend we captured Randy and chances were good they would let us in. It was the best method to try and get ourselves in…

Old 03-04-2004, 10:37 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

Chapter 32
The Dark Halls

We had approached the front gate, making it look like we were two guards and Randy was our prisoner. By the gate, there was a Bagon and a Golduck both armed with Vulcan rifles, just glaring at Randy. We had approached them, and we tried as much as possible to act like guards.

“We found this little delinquent over by the fence.” Vice said, looking especially at the Bagon, “We killed two of his companions as well.”
“Heh, really?” The Bagon asked in a gruff tone, “Do you think they were part of the five that had set the whole base on full alert?”
“Storm Riders.” I told the Bagon, “That’s who they were.”
“Heh, good.” The Bagon replied, showing a slight grin on his face, “Don’t think we’ll be seeing any more trouble tonight.”

He then tossed me a single key, and I caught it with my free hand, the one that wasn’t holding the Vulcan rifle. I looked it over and then looked up at the Bagon.

“Cell 385 on the third floor should make sure the little squirt doesn’t get out.” The Bagon snickered.
“Got it.” I responded to the Bagon.
“Now go on and get out of here.” The Bagon ordered us.

We then continued walking along the long, cobbled stone path toward the double, brown metal doors. Once I had grabbed the metal handle, it was cold to the touch. I pulled it open, and we peered inside.

When we looked in, we saw the floors, the ceiling, and the walls were made up of crude, dirty metal. Rust was everywhere in patches. I heard a faint clanking and wailing sound in the distance, but another than that, the rooms were dead silent and very dark.

We had walked down the metal hallways, and as I looked into each of the cells, I saw various Silver Rebellion soldiers lying weak and tormented on their rickety, metal beds. Each one of them appeared to be overworked and highly mistreated. I couldn’t help but think Alex was going to appear to be the same way.

When we had reached the end of the hallway, we came across more hallways left and right as well as an elevator and a door leading to a flight of stairs leading upward.

“I’d feel much safer with the stairs.” I told Vice, looking at the rusty doors of the elevator.
“I’ll second that.” Vice responded, heading over to the door.

We then opened the creaky metal doors and headed up the flight of metal stairs, which looked even worse than the dirty floor. Plus it didn’t have any handrails, so anyone who wasn’t careful could go tumbling down to the first floor.

We climbed our way to the third floor, but I had looked up and realized there were at least three more floors above us. How were we supposed to release everyone here without anyone knowing?

As we opened the metal door to the third floor, we came across another hallway to our right and a solitary window to our left, with a metal grate over it. A flicking light above us had lit the hallways with a flashing glow.

As we passed each cell, I saw there was a tiny metal plaque by the door handle. We had come across another intersection of hallways, and I didn’t know what direction to take. Suddenly, we had seen another guard, another Bagon had been patrolling around on the third floor.

“And who the hell are you three?” The Bagon asked, looking at the three of us with a stare.
“Your worst nightmare.” I told him, aiming my Vulcan rifle right at him.
“What the…?” He asked, backing away.

I then pulled the trigger, and the Vulcan rifle fired and shook furiously as it blasted fire at the Bagon. In only a few seconds time, he had collapsed, dropping everything and soon was lying in a puddle of his own blood…

“You want to get us caught already!?” Vice exclaimed after the gunfire ceased, “What do you think you’re doing!?”
“Look,” I told him, “I think it’s best if we work our way from the top of the building and make our way down, releasing everyone we can. Once we reach the lowest level and have released everyone, we defend the jail at all costs, until we can get some help.”
“Just how do you plan on doing that?” Vice asked, looking at me with doubt.
“Somehow, we need to call the Silver Rebellion for help.” I told Vice seriously, “Because there is no way anyone is getting out of here by running on foot…”

Old 03-07-2004, 01:57 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

Just so you know, everything from this point on is completely new, and has never been seen before on PE2K. Enjoy!

Chapter 33
Loss of Security

Unlike my previous assumptions, the prison hadn’t been very well guarded, or at least the night watches were very minimal. Still, there was more than enough to cause commotion. Already I had taken quite a big risk by shooting down one of the guards. Still, I could guess there weren’t that many guards running around, or at least most of them were inside. While these guys were armed, they probably didn’t expect us to get this far into the prison. In fact, they were probably thinking no one would make it this far into Macomb…

“So what’s your plan of action, man?” Vice asked me, looking at me curiously, “We don’t have a whole lot of time before someone finds out we’re here and locks down the whole prison…”
“We need to create a diversion.” I told Vice and Randy, “One of us needs to be a messenger to give word to Symarix and send for backup as soon as possible. The rest of us need to secure the prison and make sure no one comes in or out. We may need to lockdown the whole prison to do that…”

Vice looked at me with shock. He shook his head in disbelief.

“You’re kidding, right?” Vice asked me with his eyes wide open, “These guys have been here for years. As soon as they hear this place has been taken over, they’re going to take advantage of this as soon as they can and run the hell outta here.”
“If they’ve been here for years…” I reminded him, “Then they probably have a very good idea of what its defenses are like.”

Randy just looked at me curiously and Vice looked away in frustration.

“Look, once we get rid of the guards, we unlock all the cells and tell everyone to head to the upper floors.” I told them both, thinking it all out, “Blitz, you will be our messenger. Once all the prisoners are released, the three of us will head to the roof and Blitz will take Vice’s Pidgeot and head back to Symarix. Meanwhile, we’ll make sure no one enters through the roof.”
“Are you crazy or something?” Vice asked me with shock, “Storm Gale is my Pidgeot, and she’s mine only. You don’t know what you’re doing.”

I was getting very tired and very impatient. I didn’t want to spend a lifetime arguing this thing out.

“Listen pal.” I scolded him, “As your superior and your commander, I order you to hand over your Pidgeot.”
“Well, thanks for nothing.” Vice moaned, pulling out a red and white Pokéball and looking away as he handed it to me.

Then, I decided to get down to business. I wanted to finally get out of here, I was hating this place already.

“Blitz, you see if you can find the switch to open up the cells and lock down the prison so no one gets in. Vice and I will take care of the guards.” I told Randy.
“Well, this should be a little bit more fun.” Vice replied, his apprehensive feelings fading away.
“You got it, Juno.” Randy replied.
“And once you’re done,” I told him, “We’ll meet on the roof.”

I then tossed him the Pokéball that Vice had given me and Randy caught it and put it on his own belt. He then picked up the fallen Bagon’s weapon and wiped off the blood.

“Let’s go, we don’t have any time to waste.” I told them both.

Vice and I had headed up the stairs, after we were convinced the third floor was empty. We had arrived on the forth and the halls were completely empty, which was highly unusual. Nonetheless, we made our way to the fifth floor and I had realized there was only one more floor above us, making six floors in total. Once we had opened the door to the fifth floor, the rusty, metal door hit the back wall and sent a harsh slamming sound throughout the halls. At first, we thought the floor was empty until a massive, hulking Exploud turned around the corner and was holding two rifles in his massive hands. He looked at the two of us and just smiled.

“Well, well.” He growled with a low, amused voice, “I don’t remember the two of you shrimps ever being assigned guard duty.”
“That’s because we’re not guards!” Vice shouted with laughter, “Up yours and have a bullet breakfast!”

The Exploud readied his two Vulcan rifles and pointed them right at the two of us. With his strength, he could fire both and still have very little recoil in each hand. He then pulled both triggers, and then fire had rushed out from the end of the barrels, and he sprayed the hallway with ammunition and carnage. I then focused and concentrated hard and then bullets slowed to a crawl. Vice and I had pulled out both of our rifles and returned fire.

While we could move significantly faster than the bullets from the Exploud’s rifles, that didn’t mean our bullets were faster. The two of us had opened fire, and I felt the assault rifle shake violently had ammunition had blasted out from the end of the barrel. The whole hallway was full of bullets, and it wasn’t very easy to dodge the ones that the Exploud had fired upon us since there were twice the amount. Meanwhile, the Exploud had been hit several times, and growled in pain. He stopped firing and leaned over, and suddenly the two of us had stopping, figuring the Exploud couldn’t handle any more. At that moment, I broke my concentration.

But then, our situation had turned grim when suddenly he had laughed off the pain. He pointed his two rifles at us again. But just before he pulled the trigger, Vice and I had fired upon him first, this time at normal speed. The end of our rifles had blasted fire as the loud cracking of the rifles had echoed throughout the metal hallways.

At that moment, we heard the Exploud scream in agony, but we didn’t release our pull on the trigger until he had collapsed, falling over and dropping his weapons. He hadn’t moved once after that had happened…

I released the lock on my rifle, and tossed aside the two empty ammunition cartridges. I then pulled out the last two I had, locked them into place and had reloaded the Vulcan rifle. Vice had done the same, not wanting to run into another guard like that and be out of ammo.

“Come on.” Vice replied to me, “We have to keep moving. Blitz will be locking down the prison soon, so we need to make sure there aren’t any guards in here with us.”

I could certainly agree with that…

Last edited by Neo Emolga; 03-07-2004 at 02:19 PM.
Old 03-07-2004, 02:12 PM
Pokemon World Mazter Offline
Experienced Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Pokemon World Mazter Send a message via MSN to Pokemon World Mazter

Im on Chapter 29 right now, and I have to say your Fan Fic is very good written! Awesome Job and very cool story! I give you a 9.9/10

EDIT: I will continue reading it^^

~If I just.. Breatheeeee let it fill the space between Ill know everything is alright, Breatheeee every little piece of me you'll see everything is alright, if i just breatheee~

~Could you look me in the eye? And tell me that you are happy now.. Would you tell it to my face, or have I been erased? Are you happy now?
Old 03-08-2004, 03:37 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

Chapter 34
The Rooftop

We had moved our way through the cold, metal prison, shooting down two more guards. We had already caused a commotion among the prisoners, wondering who we were really. We kept silent until Randy had found the switch to unlock all the prison doors, and he locked down the entire prison, sealing off the front and back entrances with steel security doors. Only then did we tell them we were part of the Silver Rebellion, but we told them to remain in their cells while we called for backup. Though we were trapped inside, we were protected from any outside forces coming in from the ground. Hopefully it would be enough to last until backup had arrived.

We had met up with Randy again on the first floor, and already I could hear banging on the metal panels, meaning there were more Crimson Stars trying to break down the door. We then headed upward, and we made our way up to the top floor, and looked for the entrance to the roof, since the stairwell and the elevator didn’t reach all the way up. After looking everywhere for a second staircase, we found the only one, which was behind a rusty metal door with a tiny plaque labeled “Maintenance.” I grabbed the doorknob and it was locked. I wasn’t very surprised. Vice had looked it over and just shrugged.

“Oh, what the hell is the point?” Vice remarked, readying his sharp claws.

He slashed furiously at the metal door knob, sending a loud and hideous screeching sound into the air. I put my hands on my ears to neutralize the terrible sound, as well as shutting my eyes tight. When it was over, I put my hands down and looked to see a twisted metal lock on the floor, with deep cuts into it. I looked at the door and saw Vice had ripped out the lock, knob and all. Now it was just another normal metal door with a gaping hole in it.

“Locks only keep out honest people.” Vice said casually, grabbing the ruined door and throwing it open, “Come on, let’s get out of here.”
“Man, glad I was on the receiving end of that.” Randy replied, looking at the knob with disbelief, “I don’t think I would have much of a head left after that.”

We headed through the doorway and came across a spiral staircase with rickety metal stairs. We made our way upward and into another small room with a metal door. The tiny metal room was especially dirty, and looked like it hadn’t been cleaned in years. Regardless, we quickly made our way for the door, and opened it. We then made our way onto the metal roof, and we could see the red and black sky with its occasional lightning above us. We walked over to the edge and looked down and saw plenty of Crimson Star soldiers on the ground. There was only one way to escape now, and that was through the air.

Randy had grasped the Pokéball containing Vice’s Pidgeot Storm Gale. Randy had prepped the ball, tossed it into the air, and the shiny red and white Pokéball had struck the metal floor. A bright white light had poured from the open ball, and moments later the light had formed into Vice’s Pidgeot. The brown and beige Pidgeot with its long yellow and pink crest had looked toward Vice, her trainer…

“Listen, Storm Gale.” Vice told his Pidgeot, “This Pichu’s name is Blitz, and he needs to tell Achilles to send backup for the Macomb attack. Tell him we already have the silos and the weapon depots destroyed.”

Storm Gale had turned herself around and spread her wings, signaling for Randy to climb on her. Randy had made his way over to her, climbed onto her back, and buckled himself in tightly using the leather straps tied around Storm Gale.

“Fly fast and furiously.” Vice told Storm Gale seriously, “The lives of hundreds of Silver Rebellion soldiers lay the hands of both of you!”
“They aren’t going anywhere!” We heard a voice shout above us.

The three of us spun around and to our shock, we saw four Wind Strikers and what appeared to be their leader, a green and vicious looking Scyther riding on a Flygon. Vice had stepped back and shook his head.

“Oh no…” Vice moaned in fear, “It can’t be him… Not now…”
“Who is that?” I asked Vice, never before seeing him in so much fear.
“That’s Vorox and Tychal.” Vice told Randy and I, “Vorox has killed nearly a thousand Silver Rebellion troops, torched five of our cities, and had earned all seventeen ranks of the Crimson Stars…”

Randy had looked up at the Scyther with a fearful look in his eyes. I couldn’t believe it either.

“You mean he’s the…?” Randy asked in fear.
“Yes…” Vice replied, “The leader of the Wind Strikers…”

Old 03-08-2004, 04:53 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

Chapter 35
The Jade Sword

The four Wind Strikers and their leader Vorox were the only force that could stop us now. And having heard from Vice that Vorox nearly killed a thousand of our troops was exactly the morale-boosting comment we needed to start fighting back…

“Vice, who the hell is this guy!?” Randy shouted in fear.
“He’s known as the Jade Sword, a ruthless and cunning soldier, maybe one of the best elites of the Crimson Stars.” Vice told Randy, even beginning to fear a bit himself, “Believe it or not, whoever kills him will be advanced five ranks in the Silver Rebellion Army and will be given the Serious Decoration of Honor.”
“What an incentive…” I remarked, still not finding that enough to embark on an assisted suicide of fighting this guy.

I then looked to Randy, and knew that if there was any hope of getting the backup we desperately needed, he needed to leave, and now…

“Blitz, get out of here.” I told Randy seriously, “Storm Gale, fly as fast as you can, faster than ever before.”
“Yes, you both need to go, and now!” Vice shouted furiously.

Storm Gale had spread her wings, and jumped into the air, flapping her wings to ascend higher and higher into the air.

“After them!” Vorox shouted to his team, “Kill those two, and do it now!”

Suddenly, the four Wind Strikers flew furiously toward Randy and Storm Gale, and readied their rifles. I gritted my teeth, focused on the four Wind Strikers and aimed my Vulcan Rifle at them. I then pulled the trigger hard, and the rifle roared to life. I aimed for the one closest to Randy and Storm Gale, and I aimed right for the Skarmory’s abdomen. The heavy ammunition rounds tore their way into the Skarmory, sending the first Skarmory and its Aipom rider toward the ground. I didn’t even wince when I realized both of them would be dying a screaming death.

The second rider was a Lombre, already with his aim on Randy. I concentrated on my aim and again pulled the trigger, blasting the Skarmory with an intense amount of ammunition. I heard the Skarmory scream in agony as it completely lost control of its flight. The Lombre was instantly thrown off of the Skarmory’s back, tumbling to the ground. There was nothing that could save the two of them now…

The third and forth Wind Strikers were riding close together, having only watched their two companions get shot down. I was also running out of time, realizing they were drawing closer to Randy. Both riders, a Breloom and an Abra were only thirty feet away from Randy, both with their weapons drawn. If I didn’t stop them now, they were going to kill Randy for sure…

I first aimed for the Breloom, focusing my aim on his back. I then fired the Vulcan Rifle, and I saw the bullets had struck him viciously in the back. When he had fallen off his Skarmory, I aimed for the Skarmory itself, and fired. Moments later, the Abra found himself alone, with no one to help him.

But I watched in horror as he already had his aim on Randy before I had my aim on him. He had fired three times before I had fired upon him, shooting him in the back of the head and sending his lifeless body forward, which tumbled right off the Skarmory. I then aimed for the Abra’s Skarmory itself, and fired ruthlessly upon him. When all four Wind Strikers were taken down, I had frantically looked for Randy. I breathed a sigh of relief when I saw both Storm Gale and Randy were okay, never hit once by the Abra’s attack. They were flying safely in the distance, heading right for Symarix. I watched both of them disappear in the distance.

I then turned around and looked right at Vorox. He had glared viciously at me. Meanwhile, the burning red eyes of his Flygon Tychal stared at me with a harsh gaze. Vorox already knew there was no hope for Macomb. Within less than an hour, the whole industrial city would be destroyed, just like what they had done to the many cities of the Silver Rebellion.

“Those were four of my best and fastest fliers…” Vorox growled angrily, “How was a normal, everyday Pikachu like you able to kill them so quickly!?”

There was silence. I ripped off the Crimson Stars badge that was on my chest and threw it on the floor. I then threw down my rifle, and pulled out the Pokéball containing Latias, otherwise known as Blazewing. I tossed the Pokéball into the air, and it struck the metal floor. The light had poured out from the Pokéball, and had formed into Latias. She had looked up and immediately knew her enemy…

“That’s because I’m no ordinary Pikachu.” I told Vorox with a firm voice, “My name is Juno.”

And for one dark moment, Vorox had seemed surprised, struck with the look that I had arrived far too early than he had expected. I could see in his harsh gaze that he had only expected me to come when Symarix was crumbling before him, when the last city of the Silver Rebellion was doomed to fall and there wasn’t any hope in the world to save it.

“So, the Gold Rider has come at last…” Vorox said mockingly, “But I don’t believe in prophecy. I’ve ruthlessly slaughtered hundreds of Silver Rebellion pigs without mercy, and you Juno… You’re just like all the others…”
“I will let nothing stand in my way of achieving my ultimate goal.” I told Vorox seriously, “Not your soldiers, your Wind Strikers, and not you or your Crimson Stars…”

He had laughed, just as a flash of lightning had lit up the dark and twisted sky above him. He had shown me his two gigantic sickle arms and the blood red sky was reflected in them. I could tell with those same sickles he had killed many honest and pure Silver Rebellion soldiers without mercy.

“Come on, Juno!” Vorox shouted, nearly screaming in laughter, “Let me prove to you I am your worst nightmare!!”
“I guess that makes us even…” I shouted back to him, picking up the Vulcan rifle.

I then jumped on Latias’s back, and strapped myself with the leather straps that had been tied around her. Once I had secured myself on her back, Latias had leapt into the air, and once we had flown above the ground, we turned around to face Vorox and Tychal, our adversaries.

I will let nothing stand in my way of achieving my ultimate goal…

Old 03-09-2004, 03:03 PM
Cody Offline
Experienced Trainer

You awesomehead! You're doing too good! I can't wait for more!

BEGINNER'S TRINITY (coming not so soon to a fanfic section near you)

Martak

GO HERE!!!!WAMPUM: REVAMPED
Old 03-10-2004, 01:27 AM
Neo Emolga Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cody
You awesomehead! You're doing too good! I can't wait for more!
Thank you, Cody, but the really best parts are yet to come...

Old 03-10-2004, 02:05 AM
Neo Emolga Offline

Chapter 36
One Must Fall
(PG 13)

I stared strongly into the eyes of my enemy, and at the same time, he glared into mine. A bitter rush of hate and anger had filled the trenches dug within our hearts, and now it had all come down to this final, gruesome conflict. Blood was going to be spilled, and one of us was going to die. As a harsh and violent wind had blown past us, a flash of lightning had lit the sky. I refused to fall to my adversary…

Having already killed thousands of righteous Silver Rebellion soldiers, Vorox was not going to resist taking the life of my own. And as a loyal leader of the Silver Rebellion army, I certainly was not going to resist taking the life of his…

With that, our gruesome clash had initiated…

Tychal had extended his wings, and then burst toward us in full speed. I tried to concentrate on his flight pattern, but even with all my focus and concentration, Tychal was still flying at an excessive speed, faster than I had expected. I watched in anxiety as Vorox readied his sharp scythe, and prepared to slash upon us viciously.

I had no time to attack, and instead just wanted to evade as soon as possible. I beckoned for Latias to ascend upward, and she had surged into the air, just as Vorox had sliced the air next to us. Moments later, Vorox and Tychal had flown past us, and now Latias and I were above the two of them, glaring at the two again.

I had felt a hot burning sensation in my side, and when I had gone to look, I grimaced at the sight. Vorox had cut my side, and a small trickle of blood was running down. It wasn’t fatal, but if we had been any slower, that cut would have been a whole lot deeper…

And as I turned around, I saw Vorox, licking the end of his scythe…

“My, I never knew the blood of the Gold Rider was so tasty.” Vorox sneered with glee, “I need more… Much more…”
“You enter Hell today, Vorox!” I shouted at him angrily.

I then pointed my rifle at them, and aimed for Tychal instead. I then focused and pulled the trigger, and my Vulcan rifle spat fire and carnage as the metal rifle shook with recoil from the blasts. Regardless, Tychal was extremely fast. I tried to follow his flight pattern and aim ahead of him so he would run right into the bullets, but he still managed to catch on and dodge the attack. Then, he curved around and headed right toward us, and Vorox prepared to attack again. I was hoping the closer he was, the easier it would be for me to shoot him, but that wasn’t the case…

Latias and I had dashed away at the last second, and Vorox had swiftly sliced the air furiously. We had flown from the two and dashed away as far as we could, at least several hundred feet away from Vorox and Tychal. When we had stopped, I could hear Latias whimpering, and it didn’t take me long to figure out what was wrong.

Like me, she had been cut in the side, and it was bleeding as well…

“How can we… expect to beat him?” Latias said softly, still in pain.
“They aren’t invincible.” I reassured her, “No one is. We need to find a way to fight back, and we need it now…”

And then, Vorox had seen the cut in Latias and had only laughed. My anger was only growing worse.

“What’s the matter Juno?” Vorox laughed in amusement, “Am I too fast for you? I really expected much more from the famous ‘Gold Rider.’”
“It is prophecy.” I told him strongly, “We cannot fail…”

Again, I had aimed my rifle at the two, this time I was going to shoot at Vorox, knowing it wasn’t him who was controlling Tychal’s flight pattern. Vorox and Tychal were fighting as two minds. I now realized what his weakness was…

Tychal knew nothing of how Vorox was going to attack, and I was going to use that as my weapon. Again I had opened fire, but it wasn't long before the Vulcan rifle had stopped firing, and all that came out of it was a click. For a moment, I was shocked when the cartridges had fallen out and I realized I was out of ammunition. And then again, I had taken the metal rifle, and threw it toward the ground. I didn’t need it any more. I had my own weapon…

Vorox was grinning when he realized my rifle was empty and I had tossed it away. Tychal had flown toward us furiously, and Vorox had prepared to swing his scythe again, thinking I didn’t stand a chance. As I saw him closing in, I concentrated and my red cheeks flared brightly with electricity. Tiny bolts of thunder had surrounded them as Vorox prepared to swipe the air. Now, Tychal could not predict my method of attack, for he could not see me clearly from his angle.

Vorox’s scythe was in feet of preparing to strike, and then I focused my charged electricity not on Vorox, but on the scythe itself. I sent a thrusting surge of thunder for his arm, and when the intense voltage had hit it, the power was enough to cut right through his skin, and evidently slice off the scythe itself.

Suddenly, the intensely sharp scythe had spiraled off his arm only inches in front of my face, but it had missed, and then lowly fell toward the rooftop of the prison. I saw the severed scythe lay on the metal rooftop of the prison. Now, Vorox had one less weapon to use against me.

“There will be no dawn for the Crimson Stars.” I told him with a firm voice.
“You may have won a few victories, Juno.” Vorox replied, setting aside the fact that his arm was cut off, “But it’s not over yet. I still have plenty of chances to kill you.”

I immediately saw Vorox signal Tychal to pull back from the conflict. Then, I realized what he was going to do.

“Dragonbreath.” Vorox ordered his Flygon, “Focus hard and firmly.”

And then, I got a sickening feeling as Tychal closely watched every single one of our moves. I needed to give Latias power she could obtain from none one but me. I needed her to have that strength now, and I concentrated hard, even to the point of shutting my eyes. Then, for some strange reason, I was able to see what Latias was seeing, as if I was her…

Cyber Dragon Slash Attack…

Blaze. That was all I could use to describe the speed that she was moving. The air was blasting past us to the point of burning, and we homed in on our enemy. The raging, bitter fire that was blasting from Tychal’s mouth had no chance of hitting us from the excessive speed we were traveling. With the claw of Latias sharp and ready, I prepared to bury it into Tychal, and deliver as much suffering to him as I could. Faster and faster I traveled toward him, and when we were suddenly close enough, the claw of Latias had thrust its way into the green underside of Tychal, and tore with such fury and anger to the point of incinerating the cut with fire. Within seconds it was over with, and the two of us had pulled upward, and I opened my own eyes again.

Tychal had let loose a horrible shriek, beating the flaming cut with his wing and still attempting to keep afloat in the air. When the fire was extinguished, I could see the vicious tear in Tychal’s underside, bleeding very badly.

And in pure, uncontrollable rage, Vorox ordered Tychal to attack again, and Tychal with its last bit of strength flew toward us in a frenzy, desperately desiring to tear the two of us into ribbons.

Again, I had shut my eyes again, and Latias flew with a blazing fury toward Tychal. Seconds later, we had arrived at Tychal’s under side, and with Latias’s sharp claws ready, she tore another gaping cut into Tychal, blasting his skin with raging fire and slicing his flesh with claws as sharp as surgical knives.

We had flown right past them, and I had watched as Vorox screamed desperately as Tychal spiraled toward the metal roof top, unable to control his flight. Moments later, Tychal slammed into the roof of the prison, rolling over several times before stopping and lying on his stomach. Tychal lay lifeless, with his wings folded over and his head lying motionless as a pool of warm blood had surrounded it. I had signaled Latias to head toward the roof, and we flew swiftly toward it. When we had arrived, I leapt off of Latias, and looked at Tychal’s dead body. I had wondered if Vorox had been crushed by Tychal’s dead body, but then I saw something rise up, and I realized Vorox wasn’t dead…

He had jumped off of Tychal’s body, and landed on the metal floor of the prison, still armed with his left scythe. It was certainly more than enough to kill me.

“No one…” Vorox growled in a murderous tone, “You murdered my precious companion. You will suffer for that… suffer great!”

Then, in uncontrollable fury, Vorox rushed toward me with all the anger and fury in the world, blasting toward me with extreme speed, holding his left scythe in the air and ready to send it ripping into my body. I had no time for an electrical attack, and he knew that. There were only seconds before he would get the chance to bury his scythe into my flesh.

I had stepped back for a moment, and I felt my foot step on something firm and hard. When I looked down to see what it was, I saw it was Vorox’s severed right scythe.

And in those critical last seconds, I bent down and picked up the scythe, and held it firmly in my hand. I then put my foot firmly on the ground, arched my hand back and vigorously threw it forward, aiming right for Vorox. The sharp scythe had violently spiraled through the sky, slicing the air as it spiraled toward its target.

Suddenly, the sharp scythe had buried itself right into Vorox’s face. It had sliced right past his nose and was now half-buried in his head. He had stopped short, and had shook and trembled with pain. Then, he had fallen to his knees, laid down his arms, and collapsed onto the metal roof.

Vorox, the leader of the Wind Strikers was dead. The ruthless days of his onslaught upon the Silver Rebellion were over. Never again would he rise to challenge them.

Or challenge me…

Old 03-11-2004, 12:35 AM
Neo Emolga Offline

Chapter 37
Time Crisis

It was over. I was finally glad at last it was all over with. Despite our victory over Vorox and Tychal, he had scarred Latias as well as myself. Regardless, it was well worth it to stop his tyranny. But there was still one more adversary I needed to stop. Zander…

Meanwhile, I had realized Vice had been watching the whole event, and as I turned to face him, he just stared at me, completely in disbelief. He had slowly approached me, and just shook his head.

“Man…” He replied softly, looking at me at then turning toward the dead body of Vorox, “You’re far more powerful than I thought…”
“But this is only the beginning…” I told Vice as he gazed upon the fallen body, “There’s much more we need to do before this war is finally won…”

Regardless, we still needed backup from Symarix before we could even think of getting the prisoners out of here. Meanwhile, I had looked off the roof to see several Crimson Stars soldiers banging on the metal door coverings and trying to use all sorts of tools to break them open. I could only hope Randy had given the message to Achilles and he was sending backup. Otherwise, we would only be delaying the inevitable…

I then had realized something. The entrance to the roof hadn’t been locked down. In fact, the door wasn’t even remotely secured. I was wondering why they had gone through all the trouble to ensure that the doors and windows of the prison were sealed up tight while the door on the roof wasn’t even the least bit secured…

“I’m wondering…” I said to Vice, “Why would the Crimson Stars go through so much trouble to seal up everything but leave the door to the roof untouched…?”

Vice had looked at the metal door we had used to reach the rooftop, and indeed, it was loose enough to be swaying in the wind.

“Well, there’s no way prisoners would come up here to try and escape.” Vice replied, “They lock up their Pokémon nice and tight. And jumping off the edge would only be suicide…”

And then, it hit me. There was a perfectly good reason to leave the door to the roof unlocked. It case something like this had happened. No wonder Vorox and his Wind Strikers had appeared. They were going to infiltrate the prison until they had seen us…

“Keep your weapon ready, Vice…” I told him, looking around, “Something tells me we’re only going to see more havoc breaking out here…”
“What makes you say that…?” Vice asked with hesitation, slowly pulling out his Vulcan rifle.
“There’s a reason why the roof door doesn’t lockdown with everything else around this prison.” I told him firmly, “It gives the Wind Strikers a way to enter the building, just in case of a crisis. Why do you think Vorox was here…?”
“Oh man…” Vice moaned, clutching his Vulcan rifle.

We had put our backs to the single metal door, and I had quickly returned Latias to her Pokéball. She desperately needed time to rest. I was without a weapon, which wasn’t going to help me considering these Wind Strikers were likely armed with rifles.

I had heard a violent swish of air to my right side, and I had seen three Skarmories and their riders fly over the wall of the prison and landed quickly on the rooftop, the three Skarmories slamming their sharp talons onto the metal roof, and their riders had dismounted, a Sandshrew, a Plusle, and a Minun. I was shocked. They certainly weren’t cute looking anymore. With battle scars all over them and seeing them hold a lethal Vulcan rifle, they were anything but cute…

The Minun’s eyes had caught sight of Vorox’s dead body, as well as Tychal lying in a puddle of his own blood. The other two had caught sight of it as well, and they pointed their rifles right at us.

“I don’t believe it.” The Minun said with a furious growl, lowering his eyelids and giving us a cold, violent stare, “Which one of you two killed The Jade Sword!?”
“That would be me…” I told the Minun with a firm voice, “Juno… The Gold Rider.”

The Minun’s stare had lessened, now growing tense. He obviously knew who I was, and why I had come here. I could see he hadn’t expected to encounter me, and he didn’t expect to see Vorox dead, killed because of me. I could see a fear growing inside of him…

“You were the one who did this?” The Minun growled angrily, “You were the one who killed our leader!?”

I could already sense he was going to strike. I was prepared for him to unleash his attack. I also knew that by my side, Vice was ready with his Vulcan rifle, as well as his sharp claws…

“You’re not going to walk off this rooftop alive, Juno.” The Minun growled, “Never…”

And then he pulled the trigger…

Old 03-11-2004, 02:38 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

Chapter 38
Dark Overwhelming

The Minun’s Vulcan rifle blasted furiously at us, and the only thing we could do was just run from the door. Vice and I had run in opposite directions, and the rifle blasted the metal door with a round of bullets, slicing holes through the metal. Then, he stopped firing.

“Throw your weapon down, and surrender!” The Minun shouted, especially aiming at Vice.

Vice didn’t even have his aim on Minun, and he didn’t have a single second to get an aim on him before Minun and the other two Wind Strikers would fire upon him. There was nothing he could do but toss his Vulcan rifle onto the metal ground.

“Kick it aside.” The Plusle told Vice, with his rifle pointed right at Vice.

With little choice, Vice kicked the Vulcan rifle to his right with his left foot. Now his only automatic weapon was completely out of his reach. But that wasn’t the only thing that was bothering me.

Suddenly, right over the side of the prison wall arrived two more Wind Strikers, this time a Machop and a Tyrogue. The two Skarmories had landed on the roof, with their talons clanging on the metal floor. When their sharp, blade wings had folded up, the Machop and the Tyrogue had dismounted, and had landed on the metal floor, rifles drawn and ready. Things certainly weren’t getting better…

“Who are these punks?” The Tyrogue asked, looking at the two of us, “And what is…?”
“That’s Juno.” The Minun replied, “He’s the one that killed Vorox…”

The Tyrogue’s mouth fell wide open, just gawking at Vorox’s dead body. He shook his head in disbelief.

“You’ve got to be kidding me!” He shouted in total shock, “And he doesn’t even have a single arm chopped off…”
“I say we kill him now.” The Machop told the others, “After killing Vorox, he certainly deserves to die.”

Already, I knew there was very little way for me to dodge a swarm of bullets firing from five rifles. I had barely escaped when there were two firing at me.

And despite my previous beliefs that there were barely any Wind Strikers left, three more had arrived, and quickly joined the ranks of the others. I could only guess more were going to come up here, and they were going to take us in their custody. Either that, or they were going to shoot us dead, which certainly seemed far more likely.

I was too far away from Vice to say anything, and he was looking to me for a solution. That wasn’t a very good sign. We really had no chance of escape whatsoever…

And then, suddenly we heard an explosion below us, and everything stopped. I was wondering what had happened.

“Open fire!” A familiar voice shouted above.

I had looked into the sky to see dozens of Storm Riders, with Randy leading them. They had aimed at the small group of Wind Strikers below them, and then they unleashed their attack.

The Wind Strikers on the ground had looked up, and couldn’t believe their eyes.

“Damn it!” The Machop shouted angrily, aiming his rifle at the group.

But it was far too late for them to do anything about it. Suddenly, I watched in shock as the Machop was struck twice in the chest. When he fell on his knees, throbbing with pain, another bullet had struck him between the eyes. He had collapsed onto the ground, laying down his rifle.

Some of the other Wind Strikers had opened fire, but they barely got an attack going before they were blasted by the gunfire of two dozen Storm Riders. A loud cracking of rifles had roared out, but the Wind Strikers were highly outnumbered and unprepared for the attack. When it all stopped, not one of them remained standing…

Randy had then taken Storm Gale and guided her to land on the roof of the building. Then the rest of the Storm Riders had followed, and each of their Pidgeots landed on the roof of the prison safely. Randy had dismounted and then approached the two of us.

“Looks like we got here just in time…” Randy remarked, seeing we would have been doomed without him.
“I owe you one, Blitz.” Vice told Randy, looking favorably upon him, “You really saved our butts this time…”

But it certainly wasn’t the time to rejoice now. I heard hear an excessive amount of gunfire coming from below, meaning the battle was still going on, and at a feverish pace.

It certainly wasn’t over yet…

Old 03-12-2004, 08:41 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

Chapter 39
Homecoming

The fighting was still going on, and I could hear loud explosions all around me, as well as new fires raging out. Already the assembly plants were under attack.

On the rooftop, I had seen a familiar face approach me. It was Sever, looking at me seriously.

“There are transports waiting by the prison entrance, Juno.” Sever told me, “There should be enough to carry everyone out of here. Take the prisoners and get out of here, by now the guards by the door should be gone.”
“You’re crazy!” Vice shouted in protest, “You pack ‘em up, we still have fighting to do here.”
“He’s right, Vice.” I corrected him, “Come on, we’ve done more than enough here.”

After Vice had recalled Storm Gale and Randy had begun to follow us, we had headed back into the prison and prepared to release the locks. This time, we were even faster, heading downstairs and once we found the release, the metal panels on the doors and windows had folded up and were removed. Then, he headed to the group of prisoners on the first floor and guided them to the transports waiting just outside.

The transports were huge, metal trucks with tiny slits for windows to prevent entry of attacks but to allow at least some circulation. Armadillos and Land Splitters were racing all over the Macomb city, shooting down any Crimson Star resistance and tearing apart the little that was left of the city.

Once the prisoners from the first floor were packed in, we then brought out the second floor’s prisoners, and kept going until the entire prison was empty. Then, Randy, Vice, and I had climbed into the final transport, and then the doors were shut, and closed in tight. It wasn’t long before we had begun moving. It wouldn’t be long before the fighting force that we left behind would follow us home, because there was very little left of Macomb now.

Moving by armored transport was much slower than riding the skies as a Storm Rider. It nearly took triple the time, and certainly wasn’t as exciting at all. Regardless, we had accomplished our mission. And even as I thought about it, somewhere on one of the transports must have been Alex. What freaked me out the most was knowing I led him out into the transport and didn’t even know it was him. But now wasn’t the time to start looking for him. That would have to wait until we got everyone home.

Exhausted and weary, I had fallen asleep in the transport, just waiting and waiting…

It was a bright light that had caused me to awake. When I opened my eyes, I realized the transport door had been opened. The other Silver Rebellion soldiers around me had begun heading out, and so did I. And moments later, I had laid eyes on the familiar sight of Symarix. It was great to be back. Macomb was definitely a nightmare I didn’t want to live over again.

It didn’t take very long before word had gotten out that I had slain Vorox, the commander of the Wind Strikers. To say the least, Jamac and Achilles were extremely impressed with my performance, and had promoted me to the commander of the Storm Riders as well as a General of the Silver Rebellion army. Meanwhile, Sinis had been giving me another odd stare. I really didn’t know what was wrong with him, or if he was just jealous of something.

A report had come in concerning Macomb’s state, and to say the least the base wouldn’t be coming back online, and it definitely would cripple the war effort of the Crimson Stars. Apparently, Vice and Randy were given promotions as well, simply for their contributions in the attack on Macomb.

But somehow, it really didn’t surprise anyone that I had already been given an extremely high promotion in such little time. Most of them said it was because I was able to kill Vorox and lead the destruction of a base that had never been penetrated before. Regardless, this war was far from over. Yet, even for me, I didn’t know what lied at the end…

Old 03-15-2004, 01:46 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

Chapter 40
A Lost Friend

Despite the kindness of Jamac and Achilles, the awards ceremony was pretty boring. In fact, once they had handed me my rewards, it was quickly over with. Achilles asked if I had taken any offense to it and I told him no. It didn’t bother me at all.

After that, I was compelled to find Alex. The free prisoners of Macomb were being held for questioning, asked about what they had assembled and the conditions of Macomb. I had confronted each group of prisoners, asked for Alex, but I pronounced it differently so they didn’t think it was a human name, since I had already seen how much uproar that had caused.

It wasn't until the fifth group did I actually receive a response. Again, I had asked for Alex, and after some long hesitation, someone had come from the group to meet me. Randy had been with me at the time, and we waited as the small group gave way to the one who was approaching us. When he finally arrived at the front, I had seen yet another tiny Pichu before me, looking pretty confused as to what was going on.

Regardless, I felt we should be talking in private, so I took him away and we ended up meeting behind a building. I didn’t say anything to him until we were out of sight.

“Alex, is that really you?” I asked the Pichu, pronouncing his name corrected this time.
“Yes, that is my real name.” Alex responded, looking at me strangely, “I know you’re Juno, but how did you know my real name?”

Randy then stepped closer to Alex. We both looked at him seriously.

“Alex, we’re actually Jake and Randy.” Randy had told Alex, “You remember, from Scottville Middle School?”
“Oh man…” Alex responded, nearly passing out, “How on earth did the two of you find me?”
“It’s a long story.” I told Alex, “But right now, we need to give you a different name. The Silver Rebellion is highly against anyone here having a human name.”

Alex looked around with caution, and he appeared to look so lost around here. I couldn’t blame him though. It was really strange…

“Is everyone is this city a Pokémon?” Alex asked, seemingly shocked at the fact.
“That’s right.” I told Alex, “Most of the Crimson Stars is the same, but they do have human leaders. I don’t know what their purpose is though…”

Alex was silent for a moment. I don’t know why he ended up to be a Pichu like Randy, but I guess that was what Zander really wanted after all.

“You can call me Tek.” Alex told the two of us, “Just anything will do really. But I still can’t believe Jake is the leader of the Storm Riders. That’s amazing…”
“Tek, you really need to call me Juno, no matter what.” I told Alex seriously, “We’ll try and find a way out of here, but you need to give it time. Something tells me Zander is behind this entire war and wants us to finish it. We have no choice but to continue on.”

Still, Alex remained quiet. He stilled appeared to be in disbelief.

“I still can’t believe that was really you behind everything.” Alex told me, “Man, you are tough. Macomb completely fell to pieces because of you.”
“Well, I’m glad we finally met up together.” I told Alex and Randy, “Let’s try to keep it that way, for as long as we can…”

I was so relieved that afternoon, finally we had gotten together, once again to try and escape from this unknown world we had been put into. But even now, we had already been here several months, and it wasn’t looking so foreign now. It wasn’t this world that was becoming foreign actually. It was the one we were supposed to be in…

Several days later, I had been unable to sleep one night with one strange thing on my mind. The prophecy. Something was telling me I really needed to read it myself. I wanted to find out who the Silver Rebellion really thought I was, and what they expected me to do.

That next morning, I had approached Achilles. I then walked up to him and popped the question.

“Achilles, I was wondering if you could tell me where I could find ‘The Prophecy.’” I asked Achilles, looking at him seriously, “I’ve wanted to read it myself.”

But Achilles had looked at me strangely, almost with the look of that I should have known it already.

“Look, we have a lot more things that have a higher priority than that.” Achilles told me, “We should really start planning our next method of attack on the Crimson Stars.”

I just shrugged and decided to go along with it. I could guess from the way Achilles was looking at me, I really knew all of it already. I could expect it to say something about my arrival and how I was supposed to defeat the Crimson Stars.

And then, out of nowhere, I had seen Sinis, just giving me a cold, hard stare. He had glared at me for a very long time, and then I just turned away. What was wrong with him…?