Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Pokemon Ultra RPG » General » Trainer's Court

Trainer's Court The Trainer's Court! Where the URPG hold it's trials.

View Poll Results: Should Figgy's Lugia Be Released?
Yes 15 78.95%
No 4 21.05%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 02-18-2005, 04:44 PM
Caite-chan Offline

Send a message via AIM to Caite-chan Send a message via MSN to Caite-chan Send a message via Yahoo to Caite-chan
Default Re: Release Figgy’s Lugia

Just shut up for once Raik. I know what I'm talking about other wise I wouldn't post....unlike most people I actully read the damn rules. And if you read my posts you would see that I never said it was 100% true.
Old 02-18-2005, 04:53 PM
NuclearUmbreon Offline
Experienced Trainer

Send a message via AIM to NuclearUmbreon
Lightbulb Re: Release Figgy’s Lugia

I know im not the best person around here, and this might seem, wacky, but i think Lugia should be given to someone that can beat the Elite 4,

"ive got something on my tail! what is it? OH NO!" KABAMM *you just got pwned by nintendo!*
Old 02-18-2005, 05:56 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltAge
Just because it's not common doesn't mean there's no example(It's uncommon, but that also means there are still such cases, only few, yet you say you have absolutely no examples for me). Why don't you just say, you can't find an example, and have to cook up your own sentence to make yourself look smart.

Next, next, next, this kind of people isn't worth my time.
Apparently, no one is worth your time. I bet if Figgy was even still here, you’d probably find a way to flame him or disagree with him too, since you’re always purely against the common good in just about every case.

And Raik, in a serious discussion, no one needs examples to discuss their own personal beliefs on what they think is right or wrong. Not every norm or value is required to have statistical or factual evidence to back it up. Shane has the right to speak, but you’re not giving her or anyone else the respect they rightfully deserve nor are you respecting the fact that everyone has the right to speak on their own behalf. This only makes your argument even have less validity as people see you more and more as an outright negative person. You want to make your statement worthwhile? Start by giving everyone else the chance to speak, and to respect them for what they believe should be done regarding the situation.

You only get what you give, Raik. If it’s going to be disrespect, scorn, and contempt, don’t be surprised when people treat you the same way the next time you want to be heard.

Old 02-18-2005, 06:30 PM
Lord Celebi Offline
Zhu-Quiao

Send a message via AIM to Lord Celebi Send a message via Skype™ to Lord Celebi

Okay, here is my opinion...
I may not be active *Evolve Damn Spheal!*, but I still have a right to my opinion.

NP should be allowed to Lugia. Figgy is gone. Kaput. The only place he exists in is the dimension of Mini-Figgys with Axes. He is not coming back for a long while. Even then, NP would only have him for a few months, until there's another story compeition *Waits paitently for someone to Grade 'Shellder Showdown'*. The Bottom Line; NP desereves it for writing such a great story.

So... Yes.
Old 02-18-2005, 07:25 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by rust
NP should be allowed to Lugia. Figgy is gone. Kaput. The only place he exists in is the dimension of Mini-Figgys with Axes. He is not coming back for a long while. Even then, NP would only have him for a few months, until there's another story compeition *Waits paitently for someone to Grade 'Shellder Showdown'*. The Bottom Line; NP desereves it for writing such a great story.

So... Yes.
Well, glad you think so. I guess the best thing to do would be for Jack to decide, since he's on right now.

Old 02-18-2005, 07:44 PM
Jack of Clovers Offline
~lil leprechaun~

Send a message via ICQ to Jack of Clovers Send a message via AIM to Jack of Clovers Send a message via MSN to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Yahoo to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Skype™ to Jack of Clovers

just clearing things up before i address the main situation.
Quote:
Winner- The legendary of his/her choice that is not already taken.
so....
Quote:
It's always been like that Raik. Once you won something you could claim what ever one you wanted weither it's taken or not.
...that's wrong.
Quote:
Figgy's been at this thing for years already. Years. Longer than any of us from this board, most likely(Only exception I can think of is flare, but I'm not sure who joined first anyway.)
actually, Figgy beats Flare by i think a whole year/year1/2+. but Nin is still the oldest.

-------------------
Quote:
Well, glad you think so. I guess the best thing to do would be for Jack to decide, since he's on right now.
*uh... runs away?*

NP- why did i know you would do this to me? i was hoping ya wouldn't. lol. NP and Lugia sitting in a tree...

i think Figgy has had Lugia since before I joined but im not sure. just know, it's a long time. will someone beat the Elites again like he did? yes. will it be soon? can't tell. some are close. does it matter though?

i never took Lugia from Figgy because he was a former leader and too much respect. {the best kind of respect is not in possesion but in memory } i also fear he'll come back the next day and yell at me. lol. but we have to focus on the legendary limit "no one may keep a Legendary forever" or something like that. this will be the second time i take a Legendary away from an URPG former-elite that's disappeared. wonders if anyone remembers the first.
*releases Lugia's grasp from Figgy*

...need more tournaments for legendaries. gr...

~Jack~

-| Links |-
Old 02-19-2005, 02:53 AM
boltAge Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to boltAge

*reads Jack's post*

Happy now, Shane? :: )

Though the result wasn't what I liked, I still have to defend myself here. Hmm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valiant Lugia
Apparently, no one is worth your time. I bet if Figgy was even still here, you’d probably find a way to flame him or disagree with him too, since you’re always purely against the common good in just about every case.

And Raik, in a serious discussion, no one needs examples to discuss their own personal beliefs on what they think is right or wrong. Not every norm or value is required to have statistical or factual evidence to back it up. Shane has the right to speak, but you’re not giving her or anyone else the respect they rightfully deserve nor are you respecting the fact that everyone has the right to speak on their own behalf. This only makes your argument even have less validity as people see you more and more as an outright negative person. You want to make your statement worthwhile? Start by giving everyone else the chance to speak, and to respect them for what they believe should be done regarding the situation.

You only get what you give, Raik. If it’s going to be disrespect, scorn, and contempt, don’t be surprised when people treat you the same way the next time you want to be heard.
Me? Flame Figgy? For whatever reasons? He's a nice guy unlike some of the people here

Look, he's not just believing anything, he's saying it HAPPENED before. So I ask him for examples. Then he starts spiting a bunch of pointless bs. In a serious discussion, you use FACTS, you don't just use opinions(Note the word 'just'), he's saying something he claims HAS happened, but in reality, is otherwise. That, I say, isn't an opinion, right?

What? I don't get what the hell are you people spitting the bs about me not giving people the right to speak. You can SEE for yourself, I debate nicely with him to only get returned with baseless opinions and a beautifool 'Shut up'. You people are either visually-impaired or something, all of you accuse me of flaming, insulting, whatever, but have I done that? Just because I WAS famous/notorious(Whichever way you want to see it as) for flaming, doesn't mean I still do that.

You know, I have not even insulted anyone in my first post in this thread, not anyone particularly at least. Then some guilty dude starts trying to prove me wrong with 1 sentence posts then tells me to Shut Up. Geez, isn't that just niiiicee?

I have respected tons of people, but things get different when people start changing. I haven't lost respect for many old members here, but the new ones are gibberish. Pfft. I still don't get what the hell you all mean by disrespect, blah blah blah, maybe you could say how exactly did I DISRESPECT someone?

What a nice way to start my morning.

Oh yeah Jack, Figgy's an Elite 4 Champion, I still don't see how a Story Champion can take his legendary. Figgy keeping Lugia doesn't violate the "No one may keep a Legendary forever" rule. If someone defeats the Elite 4 and wants Lugia, they should be able to take it, but not some Story Champion. Pfft.
Old 02-19-2005, 04:35 AM
Caite-chan Offline

Send a message via AIM to Caite-chan Send a message via MSN to Caite-chan Send a message via Yahoo to Caite-chan

WOW...all of a sudden I got a sex change and I didn't even know about it. And I think NP said it best...you get what you give. And so what if Figgy beat the Elite and NP wrote a story...it doesn't make one better than the other. You just need to watch what you say...sooner or later...you'll eat your words.
Old 02-19-2005, 07:54 AM
Magare Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Magare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captian Charisma: Version 3.5
I know what I'm talking about other wise I wouldn't post....unlike most people I actully read the damn rules.
How funny this looks right now. So, you were 100% sure about the legendary rule, right?

Unlike the story competition, which wins you a legendary for a year, beating the elite 4 gains you an almost permanent legendary as long as you're active. Just like Raik, I think Lugia should stay with Figgy, but meh....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captian Charisma: Version 3.5
sooner or later...you'll eat your words.
Just like you did?
Old 02-19-2005, 12:38 PM
Caite-chan Offline

I don't need your crap...Raik is bad enoguh. Having two...I dono who I would want to kill first.

Seeing as how Jack released Lugia NP can claim it we can be happy certin people can STFU.
Old 02-19-2005, 01:06 PM
JohtoTrainer Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to JohtoTrainer Send a message via Yahoo to JohtoTrainer

Jack, I know you're the leader and everything, but I think that you're wrong on this one. (Sorry NP).

A Story Champion cannot take a legend from an Elite champion. Figgy had to work for years to do this. And Neo, I know you worked really hard on your story, I'm not putting you down or anything. But you did not work on that story for like 6 years.

I'm pretty sure that an Elite Champion keeps his legend forever unless someone defeats him in an Elite match for it. AFTER they beat the Elite 4. Sorry Jack, I just think you're wrong. Sorry Neo, I know you love Lugia, but well, I think Jack is wrong. lol.

This suit is black not.
Old 02-19-2005, 04:35 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohtoTrainer
I'm pretty sure that an Elite Champion keeps his legend forever unless someone defeats him in an Elite match for it. AFTER they beat the Elite 4. Sorry Jack, I just think you're wrong. Sorry Neo, I know you love Lugia, but well, I think Jack is wrong. lol.
Well, you see, that's just the problem. EVEN if I worked my tail off getting all the badges from one region AND defeated the Elite Four (Already one hell of a task), Figgy isn't even here for anyone to challenge even if they got that far.

Even if I wanted to get Lugia truly legitimately, it’s still impossible until Figgy comes back, which could be never. And the problem is, there’s nothing even preventing this from happening again. Even if by some miracle Figgy really did return, someone did beat the Elite Four and then defeated Figgy, the same thing could happen all over again with the new champion. Figgy could keep his title, and Lugia, forever, if he is no longer around to even challenge for his position. In fact, it would be in his best interest to not accept challenges (i.e. “I’m too busy” or whatever…).

Again, that’s even if he ever returns. Right now, no one can take Figgy's position since he's simply not here, pretty much an invisible king. It just so happens that the inability to ever get Lugia is just a piece of the aftermath.

Old 02-19-2005, 05:55 PM
boltAge Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to boltAge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valiant Lugia
Well, you see, that's just the problem. EVEN if I worked my tail off getting all the badges from one region AND defeated the Elite Four (Already one hell of a task), Figgy isn't even here for anyone to challenge even if they got that far.

Even if I wanted to get Lugia truly legitimately, it’s still impossible until Figgy comes back, which could be never. And the problem is, there’s nothing even preventing this from happening again. Even if by some miracle Figgy really did return, someone did beat the Elite Four and then defeated Figgy, the same thing could happen all over again with the new champion. Figgy could keep his title, and Lugia, forever, if he is no longer around to even challenge for his position. In fact, it would be in his best interest to not accept challenges (i.e. “I’m too busy” or whatever…).

Again, that’s even if he ever returns. Right now, no one can take Figgy's position since he's simply not here, pretty much an invisible king. It just so happens that the inability to ever get Lugia is just a piece of the aftermath.
It's not our fault you're either too lazy or lousy to beat the league. I've been inactive in the URPG for ages, yet I just lack a few Johto badges to be able to challenge the Elite 4.

It is possible. If you do somehow beat the Elite 4(Without Figgy, you probably don't NEED to anyway), you CAN request to take what Figgy has. Though the point now is, you have not attained that status yet.

I pity Figgy for not being able to defend himself, or be here when people taking his stuff without permission. Pffft, nice people.
Old 02-19-2005, 06:45 PM
Caite-chan Offline

Your calling NP lazy...yet I don't see you doing a damn thing. Unlike you he actully wrote a story and won because of it....what have you done? Complain about how NP wants Lugia because he earned it.
Old 02-19-2005, 07:35 PM
Firestorm Offline
Experienced Trainer

Is there any way we can contact Figgy so we can sort this out for once and for all?

Ah! It's scaring me! It's so freaky! Get it away from me ;-; Now it's gonna hypnotise me with those freaky eyes...
Closed Thread