Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Role Play

Role Play Make Role Plays or join them. It's your world. Everybody else just lives in it.

Old 08-31-2007, 01:04 PM
Brainiac Offline

Send a message via AIM to Brainiac Send a message via MSN to Brainiac Send a message via Yahoo to Brainiac
Default Re: Tides of War- The Roleplay

OOC:This will probably be my last post util monday or tuesday, enjoy.

Seft

The dragon had returned from the darkness as well. "Don't move!" she ordered. "It may burn, but you must see that it doesn't." I was surprised at hearing her voice, because I had thought she was a dragon, but closer inspection of her revealed that her essence had arranged itself with each fragment sharing an equal position in the forefront of her. I guessed that she must have donned some sort of human appearance. Suddenly the blood that had been clinging to me was no longer liquid, I touched a spot that had been soaked before, and felt a thin film of ash clinging too me.

"You heard my faint cry for help as well...someone who can hear the voices in the wind isn't very human indeed," she said, clearly directed at the other, before turning her attention to me. "Yes, its the blood of a dragon...no matter how good hearted...or devious...its all corrosive in large amounts...but heals miraculously...in the smallest doses. It has no affect...on me though...and you should not feel the burning of it while I'm mostly human. It’s not corrosive...when I'm like this." As she finished, it confirmed my suspicions of her donning some sort of human form. The immense fatigue in her voice seemed to startle me.

The other girl made a movement after she finished speaking, walking towards her and drawing something out of a pocket. "My name is Chiso Saya," she said. "It's true I heard a voice in the wind, but perhaps it was the plants translating the words for me. I am a creature more of the Earth than of the Air." she paused and then held out the vial. "This is a substance called Chiri. Only my people know how to make it. It will block the pain you feel and restore some of your energy. It will also allow your body to heal your wounds faster. You have to inhale it, and it will work right away." she twisted back to look at me. "You, I'm not sure if you need any, but you look rather tired, so I can spare a vial for you if you feel you need it."

I said nothing, thinking on everything that had been revealed in the last few seconds. The girl, Chiso, was somehow connected to the earth element. Did that mean that she was not human either? It’s true, her aura was different than any other human that I had ever met, but when she had moved, her shape appeared the same as any human that I had ever met. I was also relatively recharged. Though it had only been around twenty minutes since my near exhaustion, I felt revitalized, as though my time in the darkness had been spent out in hours, instead of seconds.

I heard the sound of someone inhaling, and noticed the breathing of the dragon girl slow considerable, settling and becoming much less ragged. “Another of the wind;" she said, as though she were confirming to her self the words of Chiso. "Then you and I are one in the same. In a fragmented way as I'm of the Air element. Earth I am not part of, though I've heard things about the element." She paused for a moment, standing as she said "My name is Hiryuu," with a slight bow, "Mayjem of the Dragon."

"Oh! I've heard of your kind before, I think, years ago! Never one living of the same species, right? I'm sorry I don't know much about your people...I...I am of the Elven kin," Chiso had begun talking animatedly, but towards the end of her words she seemed to withdraw into herself, her voice quieting. She sounded so shy for a moment that I was amazed she was still standing there.

"There is something wrong back at where I was before." Hiryuu said. "There are more of the un-human there, along with many humans, one of such a dark aura I cannot perceive, and lastly but most horribly...guns." This last also filled me with dread, though for a different reason. I could feel her loathing of the weapons as though they had somehow personally offended her. I hated guns because they were one of the few things against which I had no defense. They moved too quickly for me to stop them without knowing beforehand when they were going to be shot. I shuddered, glad that I was nowhere near that particular conflict.

"Seft, if you want your answers, you may want to come with me. I'm going back to find out what is going on. Though, we will not be able to get there fast enough on foot, but I can fly all of us there if either of you are going to join me." she spoke, bringing me out of my reverie. I was torn; I didn’t want to go were people were shooting guns, but I needed to get some answers. I said nothing, my indecision keeping me silent for the time being.

Thankfully, the silence was broken by Chiso. "I'll go with you. I'll help in whatever way I can." She said, and she sounded resolute, as though trying to convince herself she had made the right decision.

"Yes, you are right. The Elven are a great race of beings" Hiryuu answered. "Anyway, we'll discuss the knowledge of my kind and yours when there is less fighting and there is even a small bit of calm." She spoke with little concern, as though the fact that we would walk away from whatever she was talking about unscathed was a given. There was a displacement of air, and I realized that her spirit had again rearranged itself, putting the fragment of wind in the foremost position of her being. "I warn you, you will not feel me until you see me as if I really exist." she added, her voice sounding slightly more feral and dangerous.

She paused after this, thinking about something. Her words were slightly confusing, but I read more into them than she probably meant. Immediately resentment fired through me, and I hastily shoved it down. She had not intended it like that, not meant that I would not be able to go wherever it was that they were going just because I was blind. I had not even realized that I wanted to go, but I knew that I did. I opened my mouth to answer, but her voice rang through my head again.

“Seft, I hate to ask this of you, but, this might be more difficult to see me than I thought but...you're blind aren't you?” She asked the caution and understanding in her thought seemed to jump out at me, but again, I told myself that she was just trying not to be disrespectful, not trying to make me feel incapable.

Regardless, I was still filled with rage that I had difficulty keeping in check as I shot back “So what if I am?” I regretted it almost immediately, and said aloud. “I’m sorry, I might have a little difficulty against whomever it is you are suggesting we go and meet. I have a little problem with guns, as I can’t see them.” I thought for a second before adding. “I’ll come with you; I want to help, even if it is a little dangerous.”

Old 08-31-2007, 01:25 PM
Saraibre Ryu Offline
Drasconis Deviantus

“So what if I am?” He shot back in anger aloud. “I’m sorry, I might have a little difficulty against whomever it is you are suggesting we go and meet. I have a little problem with guns, as I can’t see them.” He stopped to think for a moment. “I’ll come with you; I want to help, even if it is a little dangerous.”

I closed my eyes and lowered my head. I tried my best to keep anger from his response, but I knew that it was a very difficult challenge to do since I was still partly human. Nevertheless, he still wanted to help, which was good, hopefully there was forgiveness in him for me having to ask him that question. But there was something else that was bothering me that I couldn't put my finger on. I decided to leave it until later.

I mean nothing in the way of that you cannot do much because you are blind. I mean that you've done a thousand things more than others I've seen with no physical sight. I still said through telepathy. Just because you are blind, does not mean you can't see. You see a great many things that those even with sight cannot.

I hoped I was getting through to Seft on this important point, although my last quote might not have made much sense as it was the opposite of a paradox and only made sense if you really thought hard enough about it. It would be difficult to make myself physical until Chiso got onto my back and made my body tangible. Seft would not have to see the guns, just feel them, hear them, only sense them around him, and he would probably be able to dodge bullets if he did it right. Even if that were so, I knew when a bullet was being fired as it tore the air when it was shot at someone. It filled my with a numbing pain when it happened.

"We might want to be less conspicuous when we arrive." I commented. "The wind explains that there are those of law enforcement there. We shouldn't need to worry about the guns too badly."
Old 08-31-2007, 06:03 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Send a message via AIM to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via MSN to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via Yahoo to Dog of Hellsing

~Chiso~

I listened as Seft and Hiryuu spoke, growing somewhat agitated. Guns. I, too, hated them with a passion. I could use a shield of Earth, Wind, or Air to deflect the bullets, but guns were simply diabolical creations.

After a moment of silence passed between us, I held out a hand and used a small Air Displacemtent spell to locate Hiyruu. After finding her, I walked forward and placed a hand on what I hoped was her leg or side. This was somewhat unusual, trying to find something that I knew was here but couldn't see. I thought about Seft's last comment, that he couldn't see the guns. I wondered why that was, but refrained from asking. Suddenly I wanted as little attention on me as possible. Especially if HE was going to be where we were headed off to...

I shivered despite the warm night air. The memories of that night were threatening to flow over me. I forced the back, holding them at bay. I didn't want to think about what had almost happened to me then. At least this time, I would know he was there and would be prepared to deal with him.

I sighed a little, closing my eyes and forcing myself to relax. I tuned in to the tree's Woodsong, grateful to find it had changed its song to one of peace and gentle times. I drew strength from its song, letting it fill me up. The grass beneath me, sensing my anxiety even as it drained away, swayed around my feet and murmured random bits of whatever popped into their minds. I smiled a little and opened my eyes, pulling myself away from the Woodsong and feeling a little more ready to go.

^Rock Musical Bleach^
Old 09-02-2007, 02:04 AM
Shen Offline
Paladin of Dragons

Send a message via AIM to Shen Send a message via MSN to Shen Send a message via Yahoo to Shen Send a message via Skype™ to Shen

OOC: Sorry this took a little while. College (and the first chapter of Refllections ^^) kept me a bit busy. I'm back now, and it's time we got this started...

IC:
Zhakal

The dark man didn't turn to me, but instead held his hands slightly above his head, fingers splayed, and shrugged. He laughed as the darkness behind me continued to grow, I assumed by his power. There was no way this freak was human.

"Simply having a bit of fun. What, is that not allowed?" he said as he half-turned, staring at me with one crimson eye. A grin curved his lips, baring what looked to be fangs for me and the cops to see. Yep, like I said, not a human.

"Well, if you think this is fun, there's something really wrong with you." I said with another glare, "In my, book...no, it's not allowed. Get off them, now."

This awakened the policemen out of their seemed daze, and one of them cried out. Annoyed, the man flicked a wrist, and a tendril of darkness shot throught him, laying him out. I widened my eyes in anger. This freak, whoever he is, decided to kill in front of me, even after I said that?! He's really pushing his luck...

"Now then, where were we?" he asked absently, lifting a clawed hand and studying his long nails. I brought his hand to his face and licked them clean of blood. After he was done, he fully faced me, eyes shimmering. I could feel the tension between us building. Wonderful...Suddenly he frowned, leaning in to study me. "Now here's a puzzle. You look somewhat familiar." he leaned back and smirked a little. "Tell me, would you happen to know of one Jerra Sykes?"

"Jerra Sykes?!" I growled louder. Of course I know him. I thought to myself in anger, He's the one that...

My thoughts were interrupted as Nakkura strode up beside me, his lips curled in a snarl, exuding pure hatred. Heh, that explains what this man is. Course, after he mentioned the name of Sykes like that...he had to be a vampire...it had to be him after all these millenia...

The vampire turned to face Nakkura, grinning a bit. "Oh, it's the mutt the police were so desperate to catch. I'm sorry, I seemed to have forgotten about you. No matter." He lifted a hand. Suddenly, the cops, stunned after he killed the last one, lifted their weapons aimed them at the snarling werewolf; this vicious man must be controlling their minds. It was over for them then...once a human's mind is under control, it dies when control is relinquished. I prepared to fly at them before taking care of this, my greatest enemy...

Before I could act, however, Nakkura leapt as the bullets fired, tearing at the first policeman's face and chest. I would've been angry at Nakkura, if the humans could be saved, but as it was I let him be.

The vampire turned his back on the lycan, dropping his hand as he returned full attention to me. Gunfire sounded out again as he lifted his lips into a huge smirk, fangs fully bared. "So, kid, have you heard of me? I could swear I've seen you before. What's your name?"

That did it.

I instantly shot out my clawed left hand, wrapped it around Jerra Sykes' neck and lifted him up into the air, my own fangs bared in horrible fury. "Jerra Sykes...it's been a long, long time, hasn't it? I owe you one, man...you're the one who put that hit on my head, ain'tcha? Tell me you remember the name of Zhakal Vladak!"

Nakkura padded up then, having gotten rid of the last of the human cops. “Hell, you’d kill them anyway,” he snarled at the vampire in utter disgust as blood dripped from his own maw. “I ain’t gonna die to save some human’s ass.”

I kept my attention on Jerra's face, imagining myself ripping it off and feasting on his flesh. It would be the only fitting end to this muderer before he was sent to Hell; this evil vampire, who'd killed my entire clan of Dragon Demons and a whole bunch of other demons, blaming me in the process. I'd been on the run ever since, at least looking for revenge...and now I was goin to get it. After tens of lifetimes, he was gonna get his...

I saw a flicker out of the corner of my eye, and saw one man nearby who'd not ben killed by Nakkura, or even controlled by Jerra, thow a spear at him. Annoyed and angry, I flicked my arm out instantly, knocking the spear away in a flash. This also gave me room to bring back my arm without preparing him. "Sorry, but this is personal between us." I growled at him, looking at him from the corner of my eye, before bringing my attention back to the murderer.

I thrusted my claw at his face, ready to rip and tear...

OOC: I know that I kinda bunnied Jerra there...forgive me!!! *sweatdrop* If this is unforgivable, I'll change the post with your request, Tyra.

Last edited by Shen; 09-04-2007 at 09:36 PM.
Old 09-04-2007, 03:30 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Send a message via AIM to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via MSN to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via Yahoo to Dog of Hellsing

OOC: No no, it's fine ^^. I don't mind slight bunnies ^^.

IC: ~Jerra~

I laughed, despite the fact that it was slightly difficult since I'd been hoisted up by the throat. Zhakal Vladak! Of course. I shifted a bit so I could stare at him with an eye.

"Zhakal, of course. Forgive me, I was never good with names, especially not of vermin. That pesky clan of yours, always running about and mucking around in my business. You don't think I could simply let them run wild, doing what they would?" The grin that had twisted my lips faded as anger replaced it with a snarl. "Those damned creatures should have stayed off my turf, and they never would have gotten themselves killed. And you, my pathetic friend, would never have had a hit put out on you." That being said, I twisted my weight to one side as Zhakal's claws came at my face. I threw a leg over his arm and continued twisting my weight down onto it, forcing him to let me go or be toppled over. I felt his grip on me weaken and did a flip, pushing off his arm and landing a few feet away. I chuckled a little as I turned, seeing the Lycan glaring at me.

"The mutt looks dirty. I think you need a bath!" I howled, snapping my left hand at him and willing the darkness blocking the exit to come after him. It shot forward with a faint roaring noise, coming down on the werewolf in a nice big wave. I turned my attention back to Zhakal, ignoring the other non-human in the alley. He wasn't of any concern, at the moment. I waved my hand, and the air beside me started shimmering faintly. The sparkle started getting stronger after a few seconds, though, until a large silver-bladed GreatSword was hanging in the air, having formed out of thin air. The hilt was black leather, worn from decades of use. There was a black diamond embedded at the base of the blade on each side, where it met the hilt. The sword was nearly as tall as me, and I could hear the thing singing for blood. I grinned widely, more than happy to oblige.

"Tell me Zhakal, how does it feel to be the odd one out? How has your pitiful life been since I destroyed your clan and forced you to live as a fugitive?" I asked mockingly, lunging at the demon as I slashed the blade at his chest with inhuman speed.

^Rock Musical Bleach^
Old 09-04-2007, 06:59 PM
Shen Offline
Paladin of Dragons

Send a message via AIM to Shen Send a message via MSN to Shen Send a message via Yahoo to Shen Send a message via Skype™ to Shen

OOC: Same here, though that hurt. Time to get this thing on!

IC:
Zhakal Vladak

I missed the bastard's face as he shifted his weight slightly, but just enough. Then he swung his leg over my arm and twisted his weight upon it painfully, causing me to cry out in pain and loosen my grip. As I fell to my knees, he pushed his weight off my arm and flipped through the air, landing a couple feet away. I glared and growled menacingly at him. He chuckled a bit as he saw Nakkura glaring at him as well.

"The mutt looks dirty. I think you need a bath!" he yelled, snapping his left hand at the lycan. The darkness shot forward with a faint roaring noise, coming down on the werewolf in a wave.

"Nakkura!" I yelled, taking a step forward. I was about to help him, when more pressing matters got in the way.

Jerra turned his attention back to me. He waved his hand, and the air beside him started shimmering faintly. The sparkle started getting stronger after a few seconds, though, until a large silver-bladed GreatSword was hanging in the air, having formed out of thin air. The hilt was black leather, worn from what looked like decades of use. There was a black diamond embedded at the base of the blade on each side, where it met the hilt. The sword was nearly as tall as the vampire. He grasped the blade with an evilish grin.

"Tell me Zhakal, how does it feel to be the odd one out?" he asked mockingly, "How has your pitiful life been since I destroyed your clan and forced you to live as a fugitive?" He lunged at me as he slashed the blade at my chest with inhuman speed.

Smirking darkly, I grasped the hilt of Semiro's own broadsword in the sheath on my back and pulled it out, bringing it forward and parrying Zhakal's strike with just as inhuman speed. "Oh, it's been great, just great, you sonuvabitch! I've been on the run from millions of demons trying to get me and collect your prize, I've killed so many (not that I'm complaining, it just gets tiresome)...and I've even lost my body and had to possess this poor boy just to get away from one of your bretheren! One good thing came of this, at least..." I growled low as I swung him away from me, taking an offensive stance, "I got a good work out at least!"

I spun quickly, aiming for his chest in a wide arc.

Last edited by Shen; 09-04-2007 at 09:23 PM.
Old 09-04-2007, 08:23 PM
Comexback Offline
Experienced Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Comexback

As Nakkura looked on, the draconic man’s hand had shot out, his fingers closing on the vampire’s neck. He let his growl rumble deep in his throat, seeing as there were no other threats they had to face. He wanted nothing more to leap for the pale humanoid and bite through his undead flesh, but then the conversation the two warriors were having turned very interesting…

“Zhakal, of course. Forgive me, I was never good with names, especially not of vermin. That pesky clan of yours, always running about and mucking around in my business. You don’t think I could simply let them run wild, doing what they would?” The vampire had managed a laugh in that time, but then anger clouded his ashen features. “Those damned creatures should have stayed off my turf, and they never would have gotten themselves killed. And you, my pathetic friend, would never have had a hit put out on you.”

The Lycan’s ears flicked up in interest, but he never had a chance to listen to any more. The vampire—Jerra Sykes according to the draconic man, Zhakal—flipped out of his opponent’s grasp. He turned to the wolf and chuckled darkly. “The mutt looks dirty. It looks like you need a bath!”

With this, Jerra’s hand shot out. Darkness flared up and then rolled in a tidal wave, crashing onto the cracked pavement. Nakkura turned his body to run, but the injury to his hind leg hindered him. With the impact, both intense flame and lethal chill spread over his body, making him howl in agony even as Zhakal cried out his name.

The werewolf slumped, panting heavily. Murkiness clung to his coat, still burning at him, and he managed to shake the aftereffects of the attack away. His energy drained, he could do little more than stand, let alone attack. He decided it would be their battle now, as he saw both great swords being unsheathed. Zhakal swung at the vampire’s chest, and Nakkura held his breath in hopes that it would hit.

Yes, like it’s really going to work…
ooc___ I probably won’t be on most of this week…sorry. xX
Old 09-04-2007, 10:50 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

~Jerra~

"Oh, it's been great, just great, you sonuvabitch!" the demon snarled in response to my taunting as he pulled a blade of his own from its sheath and parried my blow. "I've been on the run from millions of demons trying to get me and collect your prize, I've killed so many (not that I'm complaining, it just gets tiresome)...and I've even lost my body and had to possess this poor boy just to get away from one of your bretheren!" Here I let out a cackle. THAT was a good one! I loved when others' lives were more ruined than I intended them to be. "One good thing came of this, at least..." he said, forcing me back as he swung his blade out and took a fighting stance, "I got a good work out at least!" That said, he swung his blade in a vicious arch, his blow aimed at my chest.

I laughed as I watched his sword come at me, then flicked my wrist to bring mine up. I countered his strike, then ducked down and darted forward as I used the momentum of my sword to twirl it around and slice at him from stomach to throat.

"Glad you've been enjoying your lowly existence!" I barked as I grinned cruelly. "I've been enjoying my own life, tormenting here, killing there, a bit of Bloodlusting in the middle. Oh yes, and the item. I've been searching for that, on the side." I cackled a little and saw, out of the corner of my eye, the Lycan standing from where my darkness had thrown him. He looked pretty beat-up, which meant he would most likely stay out of my little battle with Zhakal. "Tell me something, demon. How does the blood of your host taste? I've never had the pleasure of finding out how a possessed person's blood is affected by the other soul lurking in them. Perhaps I'll get a chance tonight!"

^Rock Musical Bleach^
Old 09-05-2007, 01:02 AM
Shen Offline
Paladin of Dragons

Zhakal Vladak

Jerra Sykes parried my blow with a quick flick of his wrist, cackling the whole time, just like when I said I had to possess Semiro...bastard. Immediately, he ducked down and swung his sword upwards, trying to cut me like Macbeth did one of his enemies. I shot my body back, but my chin wasn't so lucky and got clipped. Inside my head, I heard Semiro's cry of surprise and pain; even though he wasn't very conscious, he could still feel how his body is being mauled.

"Glad you've been enjoying your lowly existence!" Jerra barked as he grinned cruelly. "I've been enjoying my own life, tormenting here, killing there, a bit of Bloodlusting in the middle. Oh yes, and the item. I've been searching for that, on the side." He cackled a little more.

"The item...of course." I stuck my sword out in a defensive stance this time. "Well, you'll never get your claws on it if I have anything to say about it!"

"Tell me something, demon: How does the blood of your host taste?" Jera asked insanely, "I've never had the pleasure of finding out how a possessed person's blood is affected by the other soul lurking in them. Perhaps I'll get a chance tonight!"

"Quit fooling yourself!" I yelled and lunged at him, bringing my sword up under his own chin.

Last edited by Shen; 09-05-2007 at 07:20 PM.
Old 09-08-2007, 12:54 AM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

OOC: Alrighty, me and DT are doing this battle over AIM, but we're posting it in parts lol. Here's the first part. What's in red is what I posted, and what DT posted is black.

IC: Jerra

Zhakal

I laughed as Zhakal declared I'd never get my "claws" on the item. The fool. Did he think he could keep me from it? As he brought up his sword towards my own chin, I leaned back a bit and jerked my own sword up, knocking his blade away from me. He was a decent sword fighter, but something told me he wasn't used to fighting against something that weighed as much as my blade did. "Poor Zhakal...not only can you not stop me from finding that item, you also can't stop the body you're possessing from dying this night. I'll have my fill of your host, as soon as I finish you off, pathetic welp!"

"Yeah, uh-huh...tell me, how long have you been a lunatic?!" I yelled as I brought my sword down over his head. If this actually hit, I'd cleave him in half...

I snickered as I watched him bring his sword down towards me head. "Oh, I've always been crazy. It's a nice way to pass the time!" I twisted my blade, gripping the hilt with both hands, and managed to bring the blade around and up to deflect the demon's blow. He was letting anger guide his weapon instead of experience. How childish. I chuckled, dropping one arm and swinging the blade around expertly, arching it down towards his left shoulder.

Well, I was surviving, to say the least; this was the very first time I'd ever used a sword in my existence. He was much more calm than I was in sword-wielding, which meant he was using experience to guide his hands. The bastard...of course this'd happen. I saw the blade he held swing towards my shoulder, and instead of blocking the blow, I used it to my advantage. I leaned backwards so the blow would miss me, and swung at his chest

Heh, so he knows a few tricks. While the momentum of my swing carried my blade downwards after he dodged, Zhakal took the chance to attack me again, his blade slicing through the air as it came at me. I shifted my weight to one side, catching the blow along my right side instead of taking it full in the chest. I laughed as the blade neatly carved a large, deep gash in my flesh, then twisted my wrist and brought my blade up as I stepped nearer him. It would take him time to withdraw from the blow, and I'd use that to my advantage. "You know the great thing about this? I'm immortal, while the body you possess is mere flesh and blood!" I said, bringing my blade around and aiming it at the arm holding his weapon.

"There are always ways to kill even Gods!" I yelled in response. I let go of the blade and let it stay in his wound; that was about the only way I could get away with both arms. I ducked under his blade and slashed at his exposed side, hoping to dig into the ribcage.

Hehe, what a fool! Only the desperate let go of their only true weapon when in deadly battle. I laughed as I reached up, grabbing the hilt of his sword and yanking it free, my blood pouring from the vicious wound. It hurt, yes, but I let it fuel my desire to kill this pitiful beast. I watched him dodge the blow again and slash at my wounded side. He was making a mistake. As he came closer, I brought my special "gift" into play again, dismantling the matter of my sword and letting it vanish, for lack of a better term. Still gripping the other's sword, I slashed at Zhakal's throat with my own claws when he was near enough.

I met his claw with my own, our claws burying into each other. It hurt, yes, but better than dying. I heard Semiro's cry of pain, but I just had to ignore it for now; I'll apologize later, after we get out of this alive. I slashed at him before taking my claw up and wrapping it around the hilt of Semiro's blade, standing and begining to try and wrest it from his grasp.

"You know, it's no wonder you've been forced to hide in the body of a mortal, with fighting skills like that," I taunted as the demon struck at me again. I moved to the side, dodging, and then chuckled as he grabbed the hilt of his sword and tried to yank it away. Too bad it was too large, or I could have broken it down as I could do my own sword. Ah well. I released the blade, knowing it would put him off balance, and lunged forward as I executed a spin-kick, the blow aimed at his stomach to wind him and send him to the ground.

^Rock Musical Bleach^
Old 09-08-2007, 01:06 AM
Shen Offline
Paladin of Dragons

OOC: Well, she's using Meebo, and I'm actually using YIM. We always get that confuzzled...

IC: Zhakal
Jerra

I stumbled back as he suddenly let go of the blade, trying to catch my balance. However, he roundhouse kicked me in the gut, knocking the air from my lungs. I was knocked through the air, but I managed to flip in the air and land on my feet. Despite all this, I could tell he wasn't fighting...it could really be called playing than fighting. That suited me well. I smirked again, pointing one bloody claw at him; the blood was both of ours combined. "Well, what do you say we stop playing around and actually get serious, eh Jerra? Maybe then we could have some real fun!" I focused on my reserved energy stores I always had hidden in case I met an opponent I needed to go all out on; Jerra was that and more. Suddenly, the ground around me cracked as my power increased instantly. I grasped the hilt of Semiro's blade tightly and dashed at him, moving faster than the human eye could see...well, the human eye, at least. I ran past him and stopped, using the momentum to spin the blade at incredible speeds at him.

I laughed as Zhakal quickly recovered from the kick. It was nice to finally have someone who could last more than five minutes against me. "Oh my, so you've got some spunk in you after all," I commented in response to his question. As he started powering up, I tapped into my own stores of dark energy. It had been a long time since I'd had to call upon my powers in an actual battle, but it came as easily as it did all those years ago. I grinned widely as Zhakal came at me moments later, moving so fast he appeared as a blur. Wonderful! He tore past me and then came to a halt, using the momentum to bring his sword around with enough power to cleave me in half. I shook my head, stepping back quickly, motioning with my clawed hand as a burst of darkness exploded from it. The inky pulse stayed his sword just long enough for me to move out of its path, and then vanished. Without giving the demon a chance to recover, I held out both hands as I let the nails on my normal hand extend to claws, then focused the blackness in my body. I released, seconds later, a huge blast of raw dark energy that was meant to attack, not defend.

He dodged me...no less than I expected from Jerra. All thanks to the powers over darkness he's got. When he released a huge bolt of dark energy I assumed had been stored in his body. I focused on the blade, and it was soon covered in hungry flames licking along the metal. I slashed at the dark blast, slicing it in half. The two parts careened into building walls, exploding and smashing them to the ground. Dust covered the area as I ran at him again, slashing twice before I even reached him. Two fiery acrs shot at him, me behind them. I sliced at Jerra as the flame-slashes struck.

My my, impressive. So he can fight. How marvelous! I laughed as he split my attack in half after catching his sword ablaze, sending the two halves spiraling into nearby buildings and reducing them to rubble. Then he came at me, slashing his blade through the air and sending twin arcs of flame at me, following right behind them. The whips of flame caught me along the stomach and right shoulder, while Zhakal aimed another blow at my chest. I laughed a little as I jumped back to keep him from landing that blow, then focused more on the darkness in me. I allowed it to rise and engulf me, to hold me in its cruel arms. As darkness poured from my hands and wounds, I grinned viciously, baring my now-extended fangs. "Zhakal, how nice of you to give me a reason to use this little power of mine after so long!" I cackled, feeling the darkness welling up and out of me. My wounds started to stitch themselves shut as I flung a hand out towards my foe, unleashing a sparkling black orb of energy from within me.

"You're quite welcome. I enjoy fights to the death like these!" I said, smacking that ball of darkness with the sword again. Instead of splitting it, this time it was more like a baseball. It went straight back at him. "And it's going, going...!"

I grinned more, watching the energy come back at me. For someone who could be shockingly smart, he was being completely idiotic. Didn't he know the darkness would recognize its master? No matter. I waved a hand and the darkness shot past me, slamming into the ground behind me. I shook my head as I stared at him, chuckling. "That was a rather stupid thing to do. I wonder, Zhakal, how you would fare against an ocean?" That being said, I snapped my hands up, then down, willing the darkness dripping from me to tear down on the demon. It roared towards him, more of it coming from my soul every moment. I laughed again, enjoying myself greatly.

My baseball thing was a ruse. I knew the darkness, no matter who used it or who controlled it, would never affect him. That little distraction would just allow me to pool up a massive amount of energy myself so I could really hurt him. This super burst of energy might just be the thing needed to get in a good hit. I was surprised quite a bit when the darkness in and around him came at me like a wave, but storing a little energy in my body as well, it was easily dodged. I jumped into the air, seeming to teleport to a point behind him. I swung the sword behind me, preparing my attack. Yelling, "Why doncha try it yourself!!!" I swung the blade again, unleashing hell. A huge wave of what looked to be lava exploded from me, careening right at Zhakal. Thankfully, Nakkura wasn't in it's path and the humans of this town had long since evacuated, so there wouldn't be any casualties but him. The lava wave screamed at unelievable speeds at the vampire. It may not be enough to kill him (that, I was definitelly sure of...) but it would hurt like hell.

Hah! Wonderful, just wonderful. A riveting battle! How long had it been since I'd had a decent fight with anyone, since I'd had a chance to test my powers? Too long, much too long! I whirled as the demon swung his blade at me, and a huge burst something vaguely lava-like tore away from him at me. The wave came down on me, roaring loudly, and I laughed crazily as I leapt back, waving my hands downwards. The wave of dark energy that I'd sent after Zhakal did a flip and zoomed back to me, creating a sort of shield as the lava washed over me. It was hot, terribly so, and the lava quickly ate through me shield in several places. Where it did, the magma dripped onto me and burned into my flesh. I grinned widely, pouring more energy out of my body to patch up the holes, not paying any mind to the injuries inflicted from the lava of the demon's attack. As the lava finall receeded, I let my shield drop, revealing a somewhat burnt and maniacal-looking visage. Luckily, my coat had gotten through the matter unscathed. How irked would I have been had it been damaged! Laughing, I held out a hand and brought all the dark energy I'd released back to me, forming it into a sphere around my body. As it closed around me, I tapped into another power I had, one that I'd developed over the centuries. With the release of the special enerft needed to access it, I felt myself begin to warp, to meld, to change. My arms and legs lengthened, as did my face, becoming a muzzle. My ears grew longer and moved to the top of my head as my sjull become more elongated. My hands and feet twisted, becoming paws, and my nails grew and thickened into sharper claws. My fangs grew out, a tail erupted from my lower back, and my ribs collapsed in some. Thick black fur started growing all over my body as bones, muscles, veins, and tendons shifted, grew and found new homes in new positions. Within seconds, the last changes were falling into place, and with a final loud POP, the change was complete. Slowly, the dark energy drifted away to hover behind me, revealing me in my next form: Baskerville.

I landed quickly and shouldered Semiro's blade, frowning at the huge wolf before me. I knew that some vampires could become wolves themselves, but this was the biggest I'd ever seen. He was at least twice as big as his lieutenant (whom I had killed just after possessing Semiro's body). This was getting to be one good fight. "So he shows his next form. I was wondering when you'd consent to let me see that, Jerra." I said, loathing as potent in my voice as poison. "Let's just see how this turns out, then. The hunt's on, but you're the fox today, scum!" I launched at Jerra, faster than ever, and struck at his now dripping muzzle.
Old 09-08-2007, 03:39 AM
Brainiac Offline

Send a message via AIM to Brainiac Send a message via MSN to Brainiac Send a message via Yahoo to Brainiac

OOC:Yay! I'm back

Seft

There was a pause that seemed interminable, I was beginning to worry that I had offended Hiryuu. I had no idea what customs of hers I would be encroaching upon in my ignorance. Just as I was going to reach out and apologize again for my angry outburst silently, her voice rang to me again. I mean nothing in the way of that you cannot do much because you are blind. I mean that you've done a thousand things more than others I've seen with no physical sight. Just because you are blind, does not mean you can't see. You see a great many things that those even with sight cannot.

Her thoughts were ringing with a curious mixture of pleading and warning, and I wondered how much she knew about my abilities. Heck, a little reflection showed how little I knew about my own abilities, it seemed highly probable that she knew more. "We might want to be less conspicuous when we arrive." She said, this time aloud so that Chiso had the benefit of hearing also. "The wind explains that there are those of law enforcement there. We shouldn't need to worry about the guns too badly." I was not comforted enough, the thoughts of guns still worried me. True, the safest place for me to be if I had to be involved with guns was as close to them as I could be, so as to improve my chances of sensing them pulling the trigger before I get shot.

Chiso was silent for a moment, listening to our discussion, and then she reached outward and moved the air! It was like a small wave, a ripple effect that moved outward, reflected of a few things, and glided back towards the elf. I barely refrained from gasping aloud as I noticed that the shape of Hiryuu had been clearly visible for a few moments during this going on that seemed almost like an imitation of sonar, but utilizing air rather than sound. After the air had settled again, Chiso moved towards the place that the air had indicated Hiryuu, and reached out her arm, resting it on what I assumed to be Hiryuu’s back legs.

She was doing that again, shrinking inside herself and practically overflowing with apprehension. I wondered what she knew about where we were headed that filled her with so much dread. I walked toward where Chiso had stopped, and reached out. I felt something there, but it seemed almost immaterial to my hands as I touched what I knew to be Hiryuu. I felt insubstantial, but as I climbed upon her back, I felt easily supported, as though I were sitting on stone.

“Alright,” I said as Chiso climbed on also, “let’s get this over with!”

Old 09-08-2007, 04:28 AM
Shuricel Offline
Master Trainer

Currently, I was standing twenty feet from the battle. I was standing back for many reasons. A) I didn't want to get fried like a small minnow in the heat (seriously, I swear I saw some black embers rubbing agaisnt the dragon dude's weapon of the battle. B) One of them apparently didn't want me to mess around in the battle, so it more or less may have been for honor or something..., and finally, C) I REALLY didn't want to get mixed up in the bloody affairs of the surface-dwellers (I already had to worry about random athsma attacks as a merman on land).

Anyways, I was standing 25 feet away now, as the baddie(?) turned into an enormous wolf. One part of my mind was telling me to run the heck out of there, while another just watched in silent awe. I had never seen two of these humans (well, scratch that. I was now pretty sure they weren't human by now.) duel it out like this. Sure, I could outmatch just about anything in the water, not that those skills were really useful now.

I stood watching in interest, backing into another alley, but peaking my head out to see. A fleeting thought passed in my head questioning whether I should get a better weapon, but quickly decided agaisnt it. I've had my spear to long to let go of it now. Plus, I needed it to catch food. So I just continued watching.

This signature was made by the magnificent NEO PIKACHU.
Now go praise him, you.

Old 09-08-2007, 12:37 PM
Saraibre Ryu Offline
Drasconis Deviantus

Somehow Seft felt somewhat apologetic before I made my second last statement. Well, at least I think he understood what I said to him, but still we had something to do and a place where we needed to go. Feeling the air around me, I took only a few steps forward before breaking out into a run. I put my immense wings out wide and became airborne in just one small leap. I had to fly at a low enough altitude that Chiso and Seft could tolerate, but at a high enough one that it wouldn't take me a huge amount of my energy to make us all incomprehensible, which basically meant sightless or invisible as the humans say.

Basically, I enjoyed flight, it made me feel free from gravity's laws and just plain free spirited. sometimes I almost lost focus of what I was doing but now that I had Chiso and Seft on my back, I couldn't blank out. This was a huge problem when I was just figuring out how to use this form, my sister Sonya would get so ticked off at me it was hilarious. But now wasn't the time for reminicing. Besides if anyone of them fell off I'd only need to catch them with my claws and have them climb back up my leg.

After flying for what seemed like only moments, I felt an increase of black energy, even more than when I first arrived. Really, there was more here than there was before, especially more inhuman beings. I flew carefully, and silently, but even so, I couldn't fly as silently with two riders on my back.

"You must remain silent. We're almost above the conflict area, but if we're good about this, they won't see or hear us, at least until some time after I land." I instructed quietly.

I turned back and looked at the ground, then looking at another building not too far off. I decided to land on the roof, even if it wasn't exactly flat. I dug my claws into the cement exterior and folded my wings back down, keeping an open perception about us and anyone else who tried to attack us.
Old 09-08-2007, 07:25 PM
Brainiac Offline

Seft

We launched up, moving nearly as quickly as I had been running towards Hiryuu when she needed help. Curious about Chiso’s reaction to wherever we were headed, I reached out my awareness in the direction we were flying. I met with the vast awareness projected by the small town quickly, and concluded that we were now moving more quickly than most cars were capable of. I found the alleged disturbance almost at once. It wasn’t difficult to find a large group of people that were afraid of the same thing. I examined the emotions there; fear, rage, regret, and even joy were present in this small battlefield.

I needed some eyes. I shied away from the three or four individuals who were actually fighting actively. I wanted a human mind to look through, not some other near human, or part human. Remarkable though these other individuals were, I was wary that they may be able to detect my presence in there minds. I had never been noticed by any normal human before, and it would continue to be that way. I grabbed the mind of one of the men whom I assumed to be police officers.

I looked around and saw what I assumed to be a young man, probably just a little younger than myself. He turned a bit, facing someone else. As he moved, his profile became more evident, and I was horrified. This man was horribly disfigured, with claws sprouting from his arms as though he were some sort of mutated demon/dinosaur. Despite this gruesome transformation, he emanated righteous anger, and also a burning desire for revenge.

The other person that he was facing could have been human; could have been, if not for the fact that something about him seemed wrong. His eyes were cold, so cold, and heartless. He could have been around the age of twenty five, if not for those eyes. They were ancient and uncaring, loathing etched in every look. He grinned maliciously at the man, and his smile made me go cold inside. This was a person who would kill you just for fun, and then forget about it. Both of them were moving so fast that it took a great effort to tear my attentions away from them.

There were other people there too. At least a half a dozen cops and two other beings that weren’t human. Suddenly, the mind of the man that I was looking through changed. It moved, acting as a conduit for the mind of someone else. The invading presence was horrible, yet intriguing. The man moved, bringing his gun to bear on what appeared to be a wolf, even though his light was that of a man. His thoughts were practically screaming. Apparently he had no desire to do what it was that he was currently doing, and somehow, I knew that he didn’t have a choice.

I decided to withdraw from him, but many others of the police force, including the man whose mind I was sharing at the moment, began to fire there guns at the wolf. It mostly just dodged the bullets, but one finally clipped it on the ear. This seemed to have made up the mind of the wolf, because after that, he leapt into the small police force with gusto, killing all of the men in a few seconds. I had forgotten that I was sharing the mind of another, was not in my own mind, when the man was killed.

The connection that I had made between our minds did not fade however, not like I expected. It expanded, growing larger, stronger. It was engulfing me, his memories, it seemed, had been forced out of his body by his own death, but instead of going wherever he should have gone when he died, his recollections had a connection to reality: Me. I was getting consumed, losing consciousness as the memories threatened to engulf me. Hastily, I threw a barrier around my body and mind, one that would stop anything from moving through it, save oxygen. I was headed into a battle, and I was not able to control my body!

I was gone. I was everywhere. I was lost in the memories of John, the policeman. His life flashed before my awareness, as though it were my own. It was my own. I saw the world though his eyes, through my eyes. I remembered the first day at school, my lifelong dream of becoming a police officer, the desire to help people. I remembered the day that I first saw my wife, Madeline. No, not my wife, John’s!

I tried to shove the memories away, tried to consolidate myself against them, but it was no use. I was living every memory I had ever had, every feeling, every dream, every fear. I was learning again, I learned how to tell what kind of gun I was holding just by feel, so that I could disarm people during night raids. I learned how to drive a car during a hot pursuit, the joy of success, the horror of failure. I learned so many things, saw so many things, and felt so much. My first kiss. The feeling of a bullet ripping through my shoulder.

I was alone, I was surrounded, John, Seft, all of the memories meshed, making myself question who I was, why I existed. The memories were slowing now. I was 53 years old. I was eighteen. The memories were there, nowhere, everywhere, reaching out to me, who was I? This question rang through the stillness of my mind, and I realized that I did not know. That was wrong. I knew who I was. I was John, and I was Seft. Both of me together, yet neither of us were in control. I waited, the darkness pressing all around me, around us. Waiting for someone to come and tell me who I am.