Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Games » Third Generation

Third Generation Discuss the third generation Pokemon games: Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, FireRed and LeafGreen.

Old 12-11-2005, 04:22 PM
Edward Elric Offline
Experienced Trainer

Default Re: How to beat the Elite Four

Um, not everyone's made of money. I had a hell of a time trying to beat Gary my last go around! I had to phone Nintendo (that didn't work)! Plus you tell everyone to get your pokemon to level 100 or 50 or 70, BUT I had a hard time getting my pokemon to 50! How do you expect us to get our pokemon's levels that crazy high! Sure it'll help kick the leaug's ass, but that would take weeks of hard training! You can try it, but you'll probly give up boefore your pokemon hit level 47!

I love Toushiro Hitsugaya!!! *squee fest*

Please join my anime forum!! My name is Shiro-Chan.
Old 12-11-2005, 10:38 PM
Wraith9 Offline
Experienced Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Elric
Um, not everyone's made of money. I had a hell of a time trying to beat Gary my last go around! I had to phone Nintendo (that didn't work)! Plus you tell everyone to get your pokemon to level 100 or 50 or 70, BUT I had a hard time getting my pokemon to 50! How do you expect us to get our pokemon's levels that crazy high! Sure it'll help kick the leaug's ass, but that would take weeks of hard training! You can try it, but you'll probly give up boefore your pokemon hit level 47!
Two words:
"VS SEEKER" lol.
Old 12-12-2005, 01:23 AM
Samus Aran Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Samus Aran Send a message via Yahoo to Samus Aran Send a message via Skype™ to Samus Aran

Quote:

Do what i do: Trade them to another game, preferably PC or Pokemon XD, and you can use Mt. Battle
Other wise, the trading to other Game Boy games works good too

Old 12-12-2005, 02:00 AM
Kari Mary Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Kari Mary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karisuma-Teichou
I would say Zapdos because it's Flying/Electric and not all of it's attacks are one type.
I don't think you should train zapdos first,i think you should train pikachu first..
Old 12-12-2005, 02:07 AM
Kari Mary Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Kari Mary
Talking Re: How to beat the Elite Four

the elite four are using Dark,ghost,ice,dragon and steel type..
You should have a fighting type, grass type, fire type, dark type, ice type,water type, ground type and electric type in your party..
Old 12-12-2005, 12:12 PM
Wraith9 Offline
Experienced Trainer

Caretaker, please do not double post, just edit your previous post.
It's the law, i'm just the messenger.
Old 01-02-2006, 01:08 AM
Elite Four Ivette Offline
Master Trainer

I barely beat the E4 yesterday.I only used three pokemon: Blastoise lvl.39, Pidgeot lvl.50, and a Dewgong lvl.34. I don't know how I did it. I only had about 10 hyper potions, 4 full restores, and a full heal. Talk about luck.
Old 01-02-2006, 01:19 AM
Togepi Offline
Banned

Location: Tokyo, Japan. I live in the basement of Tokyo Pokemon Center
Send a message via AIM to Togepi

In ym eyes, there are two types of trainers, each with strenghts and weaknesses.

The one-only team:
You are like me. You have an Ultra Strong and Happy Pokemon. It should be extremely high in a short time. You can easily beat the elites. Just heal after battles. Your other Pokemon should be Lv45 Snorlax and Chansey are great for this team. Pokemon except your strong one are only used to heal your strong one.

The ballancer:
You are like my friend. You have 3-6 ballanced Pokemon. If they are all different type, you can easily beat the Elte 4, Just heal. Level 45-60 will only work for this.
Old 01-02-2006, 07:19 AM
jim Offline
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to jim Send a message via AIM to jim Send a message via Yahoo to jim
Cool Re: How to beat the Elite Four

just train your pokemon regularl.
Old 01-02-2006, 08:25 PM
Elite Four Ivette Offline
Master Trainer

But in my Emerald Version, I'm WAY more balanced. The first time I played it, my pokemon were like lvl.30 BEFORE beating the first gym.
It's a shame they never listened to me .
Old 01-04-2006, 05:32 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Send a message via AIM to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via MSN to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via Yahoo to Dog of Hellsing

Quote:
No one has an easy time getting their Pokemon up to the higher levels, but like Wraith said you can make it easier by using the VS Seeker to battle strong Trainers again and again. And what do you expect, for the E4 to be a group of pushovers that level 30 and 40 Pokemon would be able to beat? This isn't Gold/Silver/Crystal you know. Of course it's going to take hard work to be able to win, you can't expect to just snap your fingers and have all the training be done. I've beaten the E4 about a dozen times, and my Pokemon are barely in the lower-mid 70's, so no, a lot of us won't give up after level 47. You need to have patience.

^Rock Musical Bleach^
Old 01-05-2006, 12:42 AM
Seawolf Offline
I has a stik

Send a message via AIM to Seawolf

Just by using the Vs. Seeker alone, I can easily get a newly hatched 'Mon from level 5 to level 40 in a mere day or two. It's VERY useful with training.

Togepi - your "one strong Pokemon" strategy is pretty weak. To me, you are meant to have an efficient, balanced team of partners. Just one will not save you in the long run. Besides, you'd be screwed if you had to fight a 'Mon yours was weak against.
Old 01-05-2006, 05:09 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Send a message via AIM to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via MSN to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via Yahoo to Dog of Hellsing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megumi
Togepi - your "one strong Pokemon" strategy is pretty weak. To me, you are meant to have an efficient, balanced team of partners. Just one will not save you in the long run. Besides, you'd be screwed if you had to fight a 'Mon yours was weak against.
I forgot to mention that XD. Yeah, it is, well, to put it bluntly, stupid, to have only one powerful Mon. Sure, it takes more time leveling them up equally, but you'll have a much better chance of winning. Megumi's right when she says you're screwed when you're Mon has a weakness to something you gotta battle. That's the mistake I see a lot of people make; their lead Pokemon is usually like 15-30 levels higher than the rest of their Mon. That's NEVER a good idea, especially now since the E4 gets stronger the second time around. You'll have more heartaches and headaches if you try the "one strong Mon" tech.

^Rock Musical Bleach^
Old 01-05-2006, 09:09 PM
Pidgeot79 Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Pidgeot79 Send a message via MSN to Pidgeot79 Send a message via Yahoo to Pidgeot79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyranitar_Trainer
I forgot to mention that XD. Yeah, it is, well, to put it bluntly, stupid, to have only one powerful Mon. Sure, it takes more time leveling them up equally, but you'll have a much better chance of winning. Megumi's right when she says you're screwed when you're Mon has a weakness to something you gotta battle. That's the mistake I see a lot of people make; their lead Pokemon is usually like 15-30 levels higher than the rest of their Mon. That's NEVER a good idea, especially now since the E4 gets stronger the second time around. You'll have more heartaches and headaches if you try the "one strong Mon" tech.
I use one pokemon through the whole game, because I don't want to mess up the other's EV's and such. This works for me, since I actually know how to make and use movesets. If the level is high enough, the monster you are weak against won't do much. Also, they're trainers in the game, not that smart. GameFreak really needs to boost the AI.
Old 01-10-2006, 06:26 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pidgeot79
I use one pokemon through the whole game, because I don't want to mess up the other's EV's and such. This works for me, since I actually know how to make and use movesets. If the level is high enough, the monster you are weak against won't do much. Also, they're trainers in the game, not that smart. GameFreak really needs to boost the AI.
True, the game Trainers ARE retarded, but what fun is it to use the SAME Mon over and over and over and over and over again? Still, if it works for you, I say go ahead and do it.

^Rock Musical Bleach^