Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Games » Third Generation

Third Generation Discuss the third generation Pokemon games: Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, FireRed and LeafGreen.

Old 06-11-2005, 10:22 AM
Bezo Offline
Amateur Trainer

Default Re: How to beat the Elite Four

This probably isn't very helpful, but my Mewtwo beat the Elite Four and Champion single-handedly at level 75. Well, technically it was level 78 by the time it was over. There were some close calls, I'll grant you. And I had to use an elixir at one point, but it was practically a cakewalk. Of course, it helps that he's an all-out special attacker with maxed EVs in SA and Speed. Psychic, Flamethrower, Thunderbolt and Ice Beam. Takes out virtually any Pokemon in one hit.
Old 06-11-2005, 08:44 PM
Loyal Arcanine Offline

Send a message via AIM to Loyal Arcanine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bezo
This probably isn't very helpful, but my Mewtwo beat the Elite Four and Champion single-handedly at level 75. Well, technically it was level 78 by the time it was over. There were some close calls, I'll grant you. And I had to use an elixir at one point, but it was practically a cakewalk. Of course, it helps that he's an all-out special attacker with maxed EVs in SA and Speed. Psychic, Flamethrower, Thunderbolt and Ice Beam. Takes out virtually any Pokemon in one hit.
Well, duh, it's Mewtwo. An uber if ever you've seen one. Oh and btw, on the moveset, Calm Mind over Flamethrower.

"gengar is a fart" imsocorn (4:08:55): Is that your way of saying "and not a single **** was given that day" ?

Old 06-12-2005, 02:55 AM
Exon Auxus Offline

Send a message via AIM to Exon Auxus

All of their pokemon go up 10 levels right?
Old 06-12-2005, 06:08 AM
Bezo Offline
Amateur Trainer

Yeah, Mewtwo is *the* uber in R/B/Y/LG/FR. But yeah, they all go up about ten levels.

Calm Mind over Flamethrower? I need something to take out those damned bug Pokes. Don't get me wrong, but Calm Mind only raises your SA and SD by one level no? My strategy is all about one hit kills. And Mewtwo is more than capable.

First time I beat the elite four I used Charizard (lv 65), Gyarados (lv 62), Graveller (lv 55), Kadabra (lv 60), Articuno (lv 54) and Raichu (lv 52). Got Charizard knocked out once by Lance's Aerodactyl, but nothing else gave me much trouble. (I would've liked to use Golem and Alakazam, but I only have Leaf Green and couldn't trade with Ruby/Sapphire at the time. I had a Kadabra on Ruby/Sapphire too, but he never made it past level 16 due to my reliance on Gardevoir. ;)).

Second time I went through the Elite Four with their upgraded Pokemon, I had Mewtwo and a whole lot of levelling behind me. Mewtwo was all I needed. I was basically just using the whole Elite Four process to Exp. Share some volvers (Pokemon I intend to evolve but never to actually use).

Last edited by Bezo; 06-12-2005 at 06:12 AM.
Old 06-13-2005, 01:50 AM
Exon Auxus Offline

Send a message via AIM to Exon Auxus

Still say that Lorelei is the easiest to defeat.
Old 06-14-2005, 03:14 PM
IT Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to IT Send a message via MSN to IT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Skarmory
Still say that Lorelei is the easiest to defeat.
Depends on your team, I think that Bruno and your rival are the easiest. Bruno isn't that,well, versatile, a Charizard can wipe out his fighting pokemon with Aerial Ace/Wing Attack and Flamethrower for Steelixes. Lorelei could be of course better but...She can't use her pokemon properly.

As for the rival, if you know the type weaknesses and resistances, you can counter him with ease.
Old 06-20-2005, 03:05 PM
Nemesis Offline
Master Trainer

well IMO the rival is the hardest... ...it took me about 30 minutes (lol, he used at least 10 full restores... ...and seamed to have infinite power points) to beat his level 73 tyranitar... ...finally did it with my level 58 Draggy, who was the highest level pokemon on my team (secound was My Ursaring at level 57, the rest where level 50)... ...maybe I should have leveled up more but...

Thank you, Daniella Defines Divinity, for this banner.

Come not between the Nazgūl and his prey! Or he will not slay thee in thy turn. But bear thee away to the houses of lamantation, beyond all darkness, where thy flest shal be devoured, and thy shriveled mind be left naked before the Lidless Eye!

-Witch King

Practice makes perfect but since nobody is perfect, why practice?
Old 06-24-2005, 03:24 AM
kyogre1994 Offline
Amateur Trainer

Is this a good team to beat the elite four the first time?
Charizard 50 Rash
Slash (should be sd but im not there yet.)
EQ
flamethrower
ariel ace

Lapras 50 quiet
surf
ice beam
psychic
confuse ray

Zapdos
fly
drill peck
thun-wave
thunder

Alakazam 50 hasty
psychic
calm mind
shock wave
recover

Hitmonlee 50 gentle
Bulk up
mega kick
high jump kick
brick break

And I have an open spot for the last pokemon. I would give lapras and zapdos thunder bolt, but im to poor.
Old 06-24-2005, 11:02 AM
Nemesis Offline
Master Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyogre1994
Is this a good team to beat the elite four the first time?
Charizard 50 Rash
Slash (should be sd but im not there yet.)
EQ
flamethrower
ariel ace

well if you didn't beat the elite four once yet you wont be able to change natures, or get sd so I guess it works...

Lapras 50 quiet
surf
ice beam
psychic
confuse ray

Zapdos
fly
drill peck
thun-wave
thunder

drop fly... ...also I'd suggest you use the vs seeker to continuely challenge people for the money to get thunderbolt

Alakazam 50 hasty
psychic
calm mind
shock wave
recover

if you chose hitmonchan you could bread for the elemental punches, but I see you didn't... ...though Hitmonlee is much better than Hitmonchan...

Hitmonlee 50 gentle
Bulk up
mega kick
high jump kick
brick break

drop either brick break or high jump kick for something thats neither a normal of fighting type move...

And I have an open spot for the last pokemon. I would give lapras and zapdos thunder bolt, but im to poor. Good, I was woried that you are one of the people who think thunder is better than thunderbolt
Lee can take care of Lorelei quite easily... ...Bruno should fall to Lapras and Zappy (Lapras the onixes, Zapdos the fighting types)... ...Zam can OHKO the poisons (wait, her entire team is poison types) on Agatha's team... ...Lance should fall to the Lapras (many people say his Aerodactyl is hard to beat, though I tend to disagree because my Ursaring was able to OHKO it at level 65 with return, which it resisted... ...though I admit I used swordsdance first... ...also if you haven't noticed I'm talking about the secound time meaning his Aerodcatyl was level 70)... ...and then your rival should fall, you just have to mach you pokemon to what they work best against, which is rather easy ingame (doesn't work on nb because real people actually switch...), so yeah I think that you should be able to beat them as long as you have a couple of revives and hyper potions...

Come not between the Nazgūl and his prey! Or he will not slay thee in thy turn. But bear thee away to the houses of lamantation, beyond all darkness, where thy flest shal be devoured, and thy shriveled mind be left naked before the Lidless Eye!

-Witch King

Old 06-24-2005, 04:14 PM
kyogre1994 Offline
Amateur Trainer

Ok thanks. But what move should I drop for fly?
Old 06-24-2005, 05:39 PM
Nemesis Offline
Master Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyogre1994
Ok thanks. But what move should I drop for fly?
...light screan? Also I'd recomend checking if by some miracle you have HP Grass/Ice, though if not go with Light Screan...
...a good place to get monef is to go to one island, and then go north to the cave, until you get to the spot where there are two black belts running from left to right (they run awway from each other until they reach the wall, then turn and then run towards each other until they meat, etc...), and the lady running back and fourth along the water somewhat north of the two black belts... ...get all three of them into your vs seaker's range, give the pokemon your using an amulet coin, and then activate the vs seaker, and then challenge all three of them... ...then charge it, get them into its range, and activate it, etc... ...after a while you'll have enough money to get thunderbolt for both Lapras and Zapdos...

-Witch King

Old 06-24-2005, 06:08 PM
kyogre1994 Offline
Amateur Trainer

Ok. But where do I get amulet coin?
Old 06-24-2005, 06:16 PM
kyogre1994 Offline
Amateur Trainer

Never mind, found it.
Old 06-30-2005, 03:03 AM
cwisgood Offline
Amateur Trainer

Can I just take 5 Level 48 Haunters to use Destiny Bond to get rid of the first five, then use one strong pokemon to get rid of the last, then revive the Haunters and repeat?
Old 06-30-2005, 03:09 AM
Nemesis Offline
Master Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwisgood
Can I just take 5 Level 48 Haunters to use Destiny Bond to get rid of the first five, then use one strong pokemon to get rid of the last, then revive the Haunters and repeat?
Just to let you know the elite four members only have five pokemon each... ...though in theory that strategy would work, though I'd recomend evolving them to Gengar if possible for the extra speed to incerease the likely hood of out running the enemies...

-Witch King