Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Games » Third Generation

Third Generation Discuss the third generation Pokemon games: Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, FireRed and LeafGreen.

Old 04-24-2005, 01:44 PM
Loyal Arcanine Offline

Send a message via AIM to Loyal Arcanine
Default Re: How to beat the Elite Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune's Disciple
Earthquake won't effect crobat because its part flying, body slam ought to though.
Eh, he didn't say Earthquake would do it. He said Crobat is too easy.

"gengar is a fart" imsocorn (4:08:55): Is that your way of saying "and not a single **** was given that day" ?

Old 04-24-2005, 01:58 PM
Arcanine13 Offline
New Trainer

Earthquake would'nt affect to many pokemon in the E4. I beat them in two turns by raising 3 pokemon so they'd be at the same lev as the E4 and plus I used all my good TM's on them. my team was.

A Gyrados, a Charizard and a jolteon.

After you beat the E4 you can start adding more members in your party.
Old 04-24-2005, 02:49 PM
IT Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to IT Send a message via MSN to IT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcanine13
Earthquake would'nt affect to many pokemon in the E4. I beat them in two turns by raising 3 pokemon so they'd be at the same lev as the E4 and plus I used all my good TM's on them. my team was.

A Gyrados, a Charizard and a jolteon.

After you beat the E4 you can start adding more members in your party.
Dude I just said that with that snorlax you could beat AGATHA not the E4 fully...Besides earthquake is useful...
Old 04-24-2005, 06:02 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Send a message via AIM to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via MSN to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via Yahoo to Dog of Hellsing

blastoise lv 60 earthquake,Ice Beam,surf and skull bash
Ice beam for Lance, though Blastoise really doesn't have the best Spe Att O_o.

articuno lv 60-65 mist,Aerial Ace, Agility, and ice beam
Aerial Ace is better than Fly >_> and Agility to raise Articuno's icky speed. Level it up a bit because it's not the best of the birds IMO. Might wanna try something like Mist/Agility/Mind Reader/Sheer Cold, but only if you have the Ether/Elixer/Max Ether/MAx Elixer to keep Mind Reader and Sheer Cold's PP from running out.

snorlax lv 55-60 Curse, Earthquake, Rest, Shadow Ball
Curselax to take care of Agatha mainly, can also be used against Lace and your rival is its levels are high enough.

zapdos lv 60 thunder wave, T-Bolt, Drill Peck, Steel Wing/Charge/Return
Steel Wing for Rock types, Charge to power up T-Bolt, or Return to get nice damage (if it likes you enough). In all honesty, Zappy has a good enough Spe Att, so it really doesn't need Charge. Go with either Steel Wing or Return (Steel Wing is better IMO).

Lapras lv 60-65: Ice Beam, T-Bolt, Confuse Ray, Rest/Toxic/Substitute
Boltbeaming Lappy. Confuse them and Boltbeam away. Or put Rest over CR and have Ice Beam, T-Bolt, Rest, Substitute. Give it Leftovers too ^_^

Raticate lv 65 or so: Super Fang, Hyper Fang, Quick Attack, Shadow Ball
Raticate can be a big help in the E4 (mine sure was ^_^) if it's at the right level and has been given a few vitamins to boost Defense and Spe Def. Super Fang will always take away half your opponent's HP. Super Fang once or twice, then Quick Attack or Hyper Fang them. Shadow Ball for Agatha, but I don't recommend using Cate against her.

Hope this helps you ^_^

^Rock Musical Bleach^
Old 04-25-2005, 01:26 PM
IT Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

No need to level that much if your movesets are good...Levels 48-55 will guide you easily through the E4 if the movesets work and for the second time 60-68...I didn't even have any electrics for lorelei, no psychic for bruno or agatha(neither curselax), no ice types for lance...Well I did have a dragonite with T-bolt,pidgeot and charizard for bruno, rhydon and snorlax with shadow ball for agatha and for lance my seadra(yes, it's not a kingdra), well his kingdra turned out to be the only problem...
Old 04-25-2005, 01:34 PM
jaffa_G Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via MSN to jaffa_G

too much time and what about all your pokemon starter weaknesses dont matter how much lvl still could be bought down!!
Old 04-25-2005, 02:03 PM
IT Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaffa
too much time and what about all your pokemon starter weaknesses dont matter how much lvl still could be bought down!!
Yeah whatever...If you were referring to me...My starter weaknesses were water,electric and rock...There's a bunch of water types in the E4 but why the hell would I use my char on them? For electric and rock, the same thing except there ain't a bunch of those in there...And the levels do matter, if you battle your level 50 arcanine against a level 90 vilelume, there's really not much you can do before the vileplume shuts your fire with a sludge bomb...
Old 04-25-2005, 02:36 PM
Seto Kaiba Offline
Experienced Trainer

The Elite four are harder the second time you fight them.
Old 04-25-2005, 05:06 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Send a message via AIM to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via MSN to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via Yahoo to Dog of Hellsing

Well, I put the levels so high up because:

1) Raticate has HORRIBLE Def/Spe Def stats, but a good Spd score. If it doesn't get the first hit in with Hyper Fang or whatnot, it probably won't last long enough to get another hit in,

2) Articuno is the worst of the three birds, stat- and movepool-wise. Its Spd is scary low, and it doesn't really have good moves. I think its best combo might be Mind Reader/Sheer Cold, and it's really the only thing it's got going for it. You can give it Mist and Agility, but even with that m-set, it just doesn't have the speed. A powerful Rock, Fire, or Electric type can OHKO it, and

3) Lapras is slow, and Focus Punch can 2HKO it. Maybe even OHKO. Though I don't think any of the E4 Pokemon know FP, do they? But Lappy is Ice/Water. So you have to worry about strong Electric and Rock moves. However, it's got great Boltbeaming possibilities, which can really help for the last two battles.

^Rock Musical Bleach^
Old 04-26-2005, 01:06 PM
IT Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

[QUOTE=Tyraintar_Trainer][COLOR=Teal]Well, I put the levels so high up because:

1) Raticate has HORRIBLE Def/Spe Def stats, but a good Spd score. If it doesn't get the first hit in with Hyper Fang or whatnot, it probably won't last long enough to get another hit in,

So then why would ya even take cate? yeah I get your point in raticate, never liked that rat...And to seto kaiba, yes, I knew that, that's why they had higher levels in my post the 2nd time I said about beating the E4...

But if someone is planning to take lapras of articuno for the first time in E4, take neither,pick either dewgong or if have blastoise take that...Ok, well dewgong might not be the best alternative but it's simple to raise and it has an easily set-up moveset that works in the E4:Surf,Ice Beam,Rest,*filler*...
Old 04-26-2005, 01:37 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ...IT...
So then why would ya even take cate?
Well...I thought he'd be better than he was And anyways, good Speed + Hyper Fang means he can do SOME damage before he's killed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ...IT...
But if someone is planning to take lapras of articuno for the first time in E4, take neither
Yeah, Arty isn't the best choice for Flying or Ice type. Lappy is (much) better, but they don't do well in the hands on a n00b, or someone who doesn't use them much (guilty).

^Rock Musical Bleach^
Old 04-26-2005, 01:38 PM
IT Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

[QUOTE=Tyraintar_Trainer]Well...I thought he'd be better than he was And anyways, good Speed + Hyper Fang means he can do SOME damage before he's killed

SOME damage, but it's a waste of a revive in the E4...
Old 04-26-2005, 01:43 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Meh, that's why I never used any one him >_>. Anyways, second time around, I still have him in my team and haven't used him once...gonna catch my a Larvitar and get a T-Tar to replace him with ^_^...but...where ARE Larvy in FR? O_O I think I'm SPAM'ing...maybe someone should get this locked? We could always continue the convo over PM.

^Rock Musical Bleach^
Old 04-26-2005, 04:01 PM
IT Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyraintar_Trainer
Meh, that's why I never used any one him >_>. Anyways, second time around, I still have him in my team and haven't used him once...gonna catch my a Larvitar and get a T-Tar to replace him with ^_^...but...where ARE Larvy in FR? O_O I think I'm SPAM'ing...maybe someone should get this locked? We could always continue the convo over PM.
Neh, they shouldn't lock this, it's a useful thread/sticky...Ain't larvitars on island 7?
Old 04-26-2005, 04:15 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

I dunno, I'm going to try and find somewhere that lists where you can find the Pokies. I SERIOUSLY need to raise me a T-Tar. So my team would be:

Charizard
Venusaur
Raichu
Dragonite
Tyranitar
Pidgeot

Only problem is that over half me team is weak to Rock O_o.

^Rock Musical Bleach^