Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Intro Boards » PE2K Front Desk

PE2K Front Desk Forum announcements will be posted here. Any questions, suggestions or ideas concerning the forum or the website should also be posted in here. If you need help on your avatar or signature, or help on using the forum, this is the place to go.

Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2007, 02:59 AM
Tory vs Meaty II Offline

Send a message via ICQ to Tory vs Meaty II Send a message via AIM to Tory vs Meaty II Send a message via MSN to Tory vs Meaty II Send a message via Yahoo to Tory vs Meaty II Send a message via Skype™ to Tory vs Meaty II
Arrow Re: Being Mean

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireflyK View Post
Kecleon, you had said far worse to people. Don't you dare threaten to ban someone who retaliated in kind- You are not a mod, and this is NOT your call.

Until you can apologize, and treat people in a CIVIL manner if not a kind one, I want you to stop posting here. These people are trying to have a discussion, and you are tossing around insults and yelling at both established members, and n00bs. It needs to stop now.
We will hear what he is got to say next.

~ Banner & avatar by me ~
Bye PE2K, I am leaving forever.
Charbok Offline

Send a message via AIM to Charbok Send a message via MSN to Charbok Send a message via Skype™ to Charbok
Default Re: Being Mean

Quote:
Kecleon, you had said far worse to people. Don't you dare threaten to ban someone who retaliated in kind- You are not a mod, and this is NOT your call.

Until you can apologize, and treat people in a CIVIL manner if not a kind one, I want you to stop posting here. These people are trying to have a discussion, and you are tossing around insults and yelling at both established members, and n00bs. It needs to stop now.
Amen to that!
Anyways, what is this thread about again? Lol.
Shadow Eevee Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_Roge View Post
I contacted FireflyK on closing this thread already.
She's not a mod here though. In fact, it's only the g-mods and Ryan.

Quote:

FireFlyK, that is proabably one of the cleanest posts in this thread yet.
Kecleonfan666 Offline

Send a message via AIM to Kecleonfan666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_Roge View Post
I contacted FireflyK on closing this thread already.

Thank you.
FireFlyK isn't a moderator in this section. She can't close it.

@FireFlyK: There's something in my signature everyone should look at before they continue...
Old 08-21-2007, 03:00 AM
Tory vs Meaty II Offline

Send a message via ICQ to Tory vs Meaty II Send a message via AIM to Tory vs Meaty II Send a message via MSN to Tory vs Meaty II Send a message via Yahoo to Tory vs Meaty II Send a message via Skype™ to Tory vs Meaty II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Eevee View Post
She's not a mod here though. In fact, it's only the g-mods and Ryan.

FireFlyK, that is proabably one of the cleanest posts in this thread yet.
This is the longest flaming thread I had ever since on the face of PE2K.

Old 08-21-2007, 03:01 AM
Shadow Eevee Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kecleonfan666 View Post
FireFlyK isn't a moderator in this section. She can't close it.

@FireFlyK: There's something in my signature everyone should look at before they continue...
That was unexpected in this thread. Don't leave, you'll learn. Almost everyone else has.
Old 08-21-2007, 03:03 AM
Kecleonfan666 Offline

Send a message via AIM to Kecleonfan666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Eevee View Post
That was unexpected in this thread. Don't leave, you'll learn. Almost everyone else has.
Maybe I will leave. I don't know. If I get banned again, I'll probably boost my chances of leaving from 5% to 75%.

Well, I'm off to do, whatever...
Old 08-21-2007, 03:04 AM
Lord Celebi Offline
Zhu-Quiao

Send a message via AIM to Lord Celebi Send a message via Skype™ to Lord Celebi

Quote:
Originally Posted by rust View Post
Okay, everyone stop NOW. This has become a spiraling n00bcoaster to hell, and you know what, I mean it (The last time I used that phrase was to describe the D/P Forums in June). This thread has turned into a flamefest. First of all, Kecleon, saying that nubs need to be treated like dirt is unacceptable. That's the reason why everyone thinks of you as a n00b. Second of all, lay off Kecleon. Being a jackass to him won't solve anything.

Finally, keep yourselves under control. You are setting a terrible example. You guys are the distinguished PE2K Members. You set an example for all the n00bs that you hate. Continue acting like asses and more n00bs will follow your example.

I think this thread needs to be locked. The question has been more than answered, and now its a spam and flame hole.
Most people missed this because it was on the last page. Since I have already asked for closing of this thread, continuing to contribute to any flame wars will break the new rules set out for replying to spam threads.
Old 08-21-2007, 03:07 AM
Tory vs Meaty II Offline

Kecleonfan666, thank you for doing the right thing. If you would of gain your anger, and release it out. Then you will flame everyone in this thread, after that, you would of been banned. And I am really proud you didn't to that, and plus, you have send us all an apology. It doesn't really matter now, you have really screwed up this, like I said, for the 100th time, if someone is bothering you, just ignore them.

rust@: thats what users do these days, it is not really your fault. It is their faut for missing a long important post that they need to read before posting agian.

Last edited by Tory vs Meaty II; 08-21-2007 at 03:13 AM.
Old 08-21-2007, 03:11 AM
Dr Scott Offline
Vanilla Bear

Send a message via AIM to Dr Scott Send a message via MSN to Dr Scott Send a message via Yahoo to Dr Scott Send a message via Skype™ to Dr Scott

Bah, you are ALL acting wrong, from the way I see it.

Yes, Kecleon is being somewhat hypocritical, but aren't you all being hypocritical by calling him hypocritical (Yes, I realize this comment is ironic)? Carly, you've ripped people out for being newer, even though I'm sure you were once too. Well ... ok ... you were just a trouble maker when you started xD.

My point being, all of you have been jerks to people who are newer (myself include), so all of you ganging up on Kecleon really isn't helping. It's ... and I'll make this really big because I think it's important ... furthering the problem. Calling someone a jerk over or over, or posting little comments just to make fun of someone instead of staying on the task of the thread is Spam, and it's a bit of flaming as well.

Yes, I realize that this means I'm calling some well known people part of the problem. Don't get me wrong, there are some of you in here who I think pretty cool people. Ai, Carly (I guess ... XD), whatever, so I'm doing this against what I want to do, as a normal guy. So, do me a favor and read more into this, because I'm not typing it up to be mean, get on someone's bad side (last I want to do), or say I'm better then people. I'm doing it to really try to help, or open up someone's eyes.

And there are others of you that I think have done something very ... annoying or childish. But you don't hear me going off on you every so often, because even though I'm annoyed I know that everyone is a little annoying now and again. I'd love to use an example, but then my post would be lost in hypocracy xD

ANYWAYS, so basically instead of just ... one person telling him he's a hypocrit, five people need to keep saying he's a bad person, causing him to post again ... and again ... Really, it's not helping things if you post saying "Hey, stop posting now! You suck!"

Now I'm not saying you should totally leave this people alone, or whatever, continue to try to educate (that's educate, not diss ...) younger members so that they can become better members. Yes, some go overboard and are annoying. It'll happen. Go with the ignore thing I put way up there in the thread back when it made some sense. And if they are too bad, mods will deal with them. Myself, I gave out an infraction earlier to someone I felt deserved it, and I hate doing that. So we are working on cleaning it up ish, and usually it helps when mods (someone people usually look up to) kind of tell them "Hey, new guy, no."

And on the subject of someone like Carly ... or maybe someone like me ... coming in and having good typing skills, and the ability to become mods within months of coming in (or back, in my case), it's usually because they are older and more mature. This does not make them better people ... Some of you are 11-14, and you should not be worried that you don't have perfect typing skills, or the abilities of us. Sure, try your best to improve and be like Mike, but don't get down because you started ... lyke this. Believe it or not, once I was stuck using lol, and I HATE that word now.

So, I guess what I'm trying to say is ... We all have something to learn, even me ^^.

"God, my brilliance is now somewhat of a burden. Get back to me."

Last edited by Dr Scott; 08-21-2007 at 03:14 AM.
Old 08-21-2007, 03:18 AM
FireflyK Offline
Five by Five

Send a message via AIM to FireflyK

=p I didn't rip on people for being new. If I recall correctly, it was mostly MODS who I got in arguments with, because I thought they were a bit too 'by the book' and reluctant to change. ;) Though I'll admit I might have been a bit too harsh on Kecleon.

I try to be nice and greet/offer to answer questions for the new people, actually. But once people have been here a little while, I expect them to act, well, less like newbies.

I think it's unfair to assume young kids can't type, though. I joined the internet world at 11, and could type just fine then. Sure, I didn't use quite so many big words, but I didn't use chat, 7331, or other such things, either... Really, skill level is related to... Well, I'm not sure, but it isn't age or maturity. Vocabulary and typing maturity, maybe.

My hands have yet to build a village, have yet to find water in the barren desert, have yet to plant a flower, and I have yet to find the path that leads me... I have not loved enough, but the wind and the sun are still on my face.

I have yet to sow green fields, yet to raise a city, yet to plant a grapevine on each chalky hill... There is so much to build and so much to be, and my love is just beginning.
Old 08-21-2007, 03:19 AM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga

Okay, its about time this thread should die a screaming death.

Closed Thread