Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Intro Boards » PE2K Front Desk

PE2K Front Desk Forum announcements will be posted here. Any questions, suggestions or ideas concerning the forum or the website should also be posted in here. If you need help on your avatar or signature, or help on using the forum, this is the place to go.

Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2007, 01:39 PM
Orthar Offline

Send a message via AIM to Orthar Send a message via MSN to Orthar Send a message via Skype™ to Orthar
Default Re: Being Mean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venusaur456 View Post
I used to. Not any more. And it's impossible to make 1 million polls a day.

I know. He on meh ignore list.

Thank you, cause that's true.
Oh yes and when I said a million I definatly wasn't over exaggerating.
Old 08-20-2007, 03:27 PM
Venusaur456 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aiikari View Post
Oh yes and when I said a million I definatly wasn't over exaggerating.
Do I even have a million posts? No!

VPP URPG

Currently: Playing ball with me|Is Level 5|Level 6: 2,646 posts
Old 08-20-2007, 03:35 PM
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Send a message via AIM to Kenny_C.002

Try and work it out with him. I don't agree with LZ's methods (nor did I ever agree to VT or sk's methods either) in the treatment of newbies, but certainly if you try to work it out with him, he will listen.
Old 08-20-2007, 03:36 PM
FireflyK Offline
Five by Five

Send a message via AIM to FireflyK

LZ has yet to learn that you catch more flies- or change more n00bs- with honey than with vinegar. ;)

However, he IS a cool guy once you get to know him. If he starts in on you, just tell him to cool down and chill out, and give advice in a nicer manner. xD He means well, he just gets a bit angry sometimes.

My hands have yet to build a village, have yet to find water in the barren desert, have yet to plant a flower, and I have yet to find the path that leads me... I have not loved enough, but the wind and the sun are still on my face.

I have yet to sow green fields, yet to raise a city, yet to plant a grapevine on each chalky hill... There is so much to build and so much to be, and my love is just beginning.
Old 08-20-2007, 03:38 PM
Dr Scott Offline
Vanilla Bear

Send a message via AIM to Dr Scott Send a message via MSN to Dr Scott Send a message via Yahoo to Dr Scott Send a message via Skype™ to Dr Scott

Simply put: There is an ignore feature. Anyone who bugs you too much, just ignore them. Really, that's the best way to stop stupid fights before they happen.

Same goes for AIM. Block, block, block.

Yes, LZ can be a cool guy. But yes, he can be a total arse at the same time. Some people don't even get the chance to see the 'good' because the guy is focusing on the 'bad,' so I don't blame him, but at the same time if he is fine then he's a good enough friend.

So, while Kayden is right that some people who might seem the worse (I for one consider myself on good terms with Pidge, though I disappeared before getting to know the others :P) are sometimes great people, but it is true that some people aren't given the chance to see the good side and, frankly, shouldn't try (it'd save a lot of heartaches). There are some people that other people can't be friends with.

And people shouldn't be expected to stand back and let someone be a jerk to them, waiting for this 'good guy' to pop up. Sure, some of the well known, older members are on LZ's good side, but that doens't mean that we should just ignore those of the younger generation who he's being mean to just because he's nice to us. That's not right. Even if someone's your friend, it's still a mods duty to treat everyone the same ... to some degree.

Plus, I'm not a fan of people using harrasment and jerk-ness to put their point across. Simply put, I strive to keep someone like Raik out of the Forum.

People who are constant jerks, or stir up schtuff, are oftentime kicked out at some point in time.

So in the meantime it's best to not provoke people. If everyone made a list of what people annoy them in this forum, well ... there'd be a big list, and I'm sure I'd be on somebody's. Point is, there's always someone who annoys someone, the key is to get over it unless it goes too far.

If abuse continues even if you really try to ignore it, contact a mod. I'd suggest beign smart with this, however, because if you PM us everytime someone calls you a 'jerk' or somethign we won't take your PM's to heart and probably won't care.

With Love,
Scott
Somebody
Climb
On
The
Teletubbie

"God, my brilliance is now somewhat of a burden. Get back to me."

Last edited by Dr Scott; 08-20-2007 at 03:42 PM.
Old 08-20-2007, 03:41 PM
Venusaur456 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Well, I'll do what teh mods say except try to be friends with him, but I'm not just talking about me and LZ! I'm talkin about all the other mean people and teh people there mean too! I'm talkin for everyone!

VPP URPG

Old 08-20-2007, 03:45 PM
Dr Scott Offline
Vanilla Bear

Send a message via AIM to Dr Scott Send a message via MSN to Dr Scott Send a message via Yahoo to Dr Scott Send a message via Skype™ to Dr Scott

Just to point out something: In your sig can be found "If you think Pikajew will never stop spamming, put this in your sig."

Now, that's the smae view some people have of you. Is what they are doing right? No. Is putting something like that in your sig right? Well, no.

Everyone needs to learn to be a little more tolerant, and like Kenny!

... minus the loli thing, that'd make the forum a rather creepy place ...

"God, my brilliance is now somewhat of a burden. Get back to me."
Old 08-20-2007, 03:56 PM
Kecleonfan666 Offline

Send a message via AIM to Kecleonfan666

First of all, Lord Zangoose isn't mean. He's only trying to tell you you're doing something wrong.

Second of all, I believe when reminding noobs that they're breaking the rules, say it gently, and if they are like THIS:

"shutup you mean uly idiot111"

Then, that's when you, the person that's trying to help, get's pissed off, and begins to flame. Then the noob goes around making spam threads like a little girl saying!

"help111 s@meb@dy'$ bEing mean to me111"

Noobs. You can't do anything about them, but hope they get banned. Flaming, I wouldn't do, and believe me, you don't want to resort to flaming. Because if you think noobs are stupid enough to just keep the flaming in the PMs, you're dead wrong. They will go around asking (Well, spamming) for help. So, keep it clean, and if you can't explain things to them while being nice, then just get a mod's help.
Old 08-20-2007, 04:08 PM
Orthar Offline

Send a message via AIM to Orthar Send a message via MSN to Orthar Send a message via Skype™ to Orthar

Quote:
Do I even have a million posts? No!
You obviously don't know what sarcasm is. Look it up.

For me, flaming IS a last resort but one used alot. Noobs don't listen when you try to tell them nicely. They justt keep spamming up the forum, lagging it daily to the point where it shuts down, ect. It's just plain annoying.
Old 08-20-2007, 04:12 PM
Venusaur456 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aiikari View Post
You obviously don't know what sarcasm is. Look it up.

For me, flaming IS a last resort but one used alot. Noobs don't listen when you try to tell them nicely. They justt keep spamming up the forum, lagging it daily to the point where it shuts down, ect. It's just plain annoying.
Shut up, will ya?

VPP URPG

Old 08-20-2007, 04:13 PM
Orthar Offline

Quote:
Shut up, will ya?
No actually, I won't shut up. I had a right to voice my opinion in this thread.
Old 08-20-2007, 04:13 PM
Kecleonfan666 Offline

Quote:
Shut up, will ya?
Do you WANT to get yourself banned? Flaming won't help. Maybe people are being mean because you're acting like a noob, but it doesn't mean you are one.
Old 08-20-2007, 05:23 PM
Shadow Eevee Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kecleonfan666 View Post
Do you WANT to get yourself banned? Flaming won't help. Maybe people are being mean because you're acting like a noob, but it doesn't mean you are one.
Calm down dude, last time I checked, you weren't so nice yourself, I mean look at your location. Besides, you aren't exactly so cool yourself...
Old 08-20-2007, 05:29 PM
Kecleonfan666 Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Eevee View Post
Calm down dude, last time I checked, you weren't so nice yourself, I mean look at your location. Besides, you aren't exactly so cool yourself...
I am calm. Well, no, not really, not at all. Yeah, true, I'm not so nice myself, but that's what you think. Yes, my location is a joke, derived from someone else's location on another forum. Is that really the point Shadow Eevee? -_-

Remember, flaming will never help, and leeds to a horrible end (ban). You don't want to be banned. Just calm down, and like everyone says.

-Ignore them
-Try and sort things out
-Don't resort to flaming
Old 08-20-2007, 07:22 PM
Dark Charizard Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

Send a message via AIM to Dark Charizard

Quote:
Shut up, will ya?
Seriously, will you shut up? |: