Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Intro Boards » PE2K Front Desk

PE2K Front Desk Forum announcements will be posted here. Any questions, suggestions or ideas concerning the forum or the website should also be posted in here. If you need help on your avatar or signature, or help on using the forum, this is the place to go.

Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2007, 01:37 PM
Exon Auxus Offline

Send a message via AIM to Exon Auxus
Default About this "Noob Invasion" (LOCK ME)

I can't make another "That's the Pe2k Spirit" thread. But this needs to be announced. Many of our older members are leaving because of the Wifi newbies coming in, breaking rules and such. Sure it's annoying to me, but I can take it. What I can't take is the fact that these newbs are pushing the older, better members away. You know, the members that post like they have an IQ over negative two? I'm sorry, but I'm very passionate about this, and I'm losing my friends because some fools can't read a couple easy rules. It's really, really annoying, and I'm sure many could agree.

Last edited by Exon Auxus; 08-13-2007 at 02:29 PM.
Old 08-13-2007, 01:42 PM
~Falcon~ Offline

Send a message via AIM to ~Falcon~
Default Re: About this "Noob Invasion"

We all know about this, but what are we going to do about it? nothing. We cant do anything about it :/. If it bothers you that much, put the worst on your block list
Old 08-13-2007, 01:43 PM
Froxy Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Froxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Skarmory View Post
I can't make another "That's the Pe2k Spirit" thread. But this needs to be announced. Many of our older members are leaving because of the Wifi newbies coming in, breaking rules and such. Sure it's annoying to me, but I can take it. What I can't take is the fact that these newbs are pushing the older, better members away. You know, the members that post like they have an IQ over negative two? I'm sorry, but I'm very passionate about this, and I'm losing my friends because some fools can't read a couple easy rules. It's really, really annoying, and I'm sure many could agree.
Heck, I just joined the other day (literally) and, well, err, I find it completely disrespecting and annoying. I've dealed with stuff like this in the past. I'm a "rather" old member on an amazing forum, and have over 2500 posts. (which is good for there. >_>) We're experiencing a newb invasion (*coughcoughn00binvasioncoughcough*) and we've lost a lot of older members. I guess we could just start taking disciplinary actions.
digitaldevil1056 (3:15:46 PM): I think Froxy is high
digitaldevil1056 (3:15:48 PM): :/
Old 08-13-2007, 01:45 PM
Shiny Loser Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via MSN to Shiny Loser Send a message via Yahoo to Shiny Loser

Hey, I can agree. N00b invasions aren't serious enough for anyone to actually quit over. Certainly not me. What I think is that we should delete the D/P threads and create them somewhere that is seperated from all our other facilities. Of course, that'll cause some inconvenience but it'll solve much more problems.

But I also think that older members shouldn't quit just because of this. Their leaving could be partly their fault. If you don't have the patience to put up with n00bs, you might not be able to survive in any forum. My guess is that those who quitted over the n00b invasion didn't have the patience or had just a bit too low of a boiling point.
Old 08-13-2007, 01:46 PM
umbreonandespeon Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to umbreonandespeon Send a message via MSN to umbreonandespeon Send a message via Yahoo to umbreonandespeon

most of them go to the d/p boards. so just stay away from there.
Rampardos pwns (16:33:31): i r older than you :P
Volcanflame (16:33:35): ooo wat a coincidence
Rampardos pwns (16:33:35): and samrter
Old 08-13-2007, 01:48 PM
Exon Auxus Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Froxy View Post
Heck, I just joined the other day (literally) and, well, err, I find it completely disrespecting and annoying. I've dealed with stuff like this in the past. I'm a "rather" old member on an amazing forum, and have over 2500 posts. (which is good for there. >_>) We're experiencing a newb invasion (*coughcoughn00binvasioncoughcough*) and we've lost a lot of older members. I guess we could just start taking disciplinary actions.
Froxy, it's not you so if you did take that offensively I apologize.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Falcon~ View Post
We all know about this, but what are we going to do about it? nothing. We cant do anything about it :/. If it bothers you that much, put the worst on your block list
Falcon, the "worst" is too many...I told you, it's not so much I have a problem with them, and I do, it's the problems they're causing. Many of the old members leaving, server crashes...
Old 08-13-2007, 02:16 PM
DaRkUmBrEoN Offline
M.D.

Send a message via AIM to DaRkUmBrEoN Send a message via Yahoo to DaRkUmBrEoN

Ok, let's break this down for all of you.
  1. People move on, which is a fact of life. Whether they want to or not. Now, while you might blame the so called 'noob invasion' for any friends you lose, let's face it, it's summer. People are bound to start liking other things during their summer holidays, when you have enough time to dive into other stuff other than school. People may be able to make new friends, find new places, or just get generally fed up with where they are now in life and decide to change.

While a sudden trigger is needed for most of these stuff, blaming the 'noob invasion' for it all is just a sign of your struggle to accept the facts and move on. People need scapegoats when truth comes knocking on their door.

2. Secondly, you should take note of the fact that the server crashes are a proof of pe2k appeal to the general public. While you may believe in the delirious thought that this place was made for you and your friends to frolic around without having to worry about the rest of the internet, the reality is far from nice to you. Ryan most likely intended that this place became popular, interest, and of use to the general public, not for a select few chosen by him. Therefor, any claims you have on peace and quiet is irrelevant, since you can't expect Ryan to overlook every new game out there, just to make sure you won't get flooded by young people who are unfamiliar with the ethics you've become so fond of.

3. Taking disciplinary measure against a group who is just being active and ignorant is discriminative by nature. What makes you better than them? Is it the fact that you know you want to act like someone who knows what good grammar and spelling is like? Or is just your low self-esteem. Because, these noobs are just harmless people playing a game made for kids, which by default means it's low maintenance. All this game requires from the players is a decent control of Gaming English and that's it. Even though we ask of everyone that they use proper English when having a conversation, I see no reason to expect it from everyone to abide it from the start. Personally, I know of a lot of members who started out with abysmal grammar skills, and gradually learned to be better at it. They were giving the chance, helped by some and turned out to be great assets. Now, while most of these new members will never go anywhere else than the D/P board, their need for conversation is low. They only need to know enough grammar to convince the other person to battle or trade with them.

4. As for the really harmful among them, summer holidays give them enough time to get bored and get bad. While you may experience discomfort by them, they always get dealt with as fast as possible. The moderation team are human after all, so expecting to be vigilant 24/7 for people you feel are bad, is just impossible and a downright dream.

Personally, I'm getting quite pissed at people blaming the surge of members for everything they find bad. Just suck it up, and do what you come here for. If you make them the reason of every misfortune you come across, you will eventually make this place a hell hole, because you will act upon this self-fulfilling prophecy.

-]DU[-

Near a tree by a river, there's a hole in the ground.
Where an old man of Aran goes around and around
Old 08-13-2007, 02:27 PM
Exon Auxus Offline

Actually DU, to be honest, I don't think you've ever seen me with a completely bad attitude towards newbs in Pe2k. But when someone says one of the reasons they're leaving is because of noobs, then that's probably true. I really want the best for Pe2k, and I hope you learn that I'm not trying to put all, or at that, basically any blame on the noobs. I try to ignore them and get others too as well.

Old thread but...meh

The thread wasn't made as an offense to new members, rather something I thought we needed to discuss. Don't think I'm angry, flaming, or trying to start something up because I'm not.

Also, you never see any of us say that we're better than them. But most of us do try and help them, and sometimes just get tired of trying. I try not to act like it, and I know for a fact I do sometimes but I do try and fix it. It looks like this thread is only bring the motive down about the subject which isn't really what I wanted. So it's time to get it locked before it gets bigger.
Old 08-13-2007, 02:30 PM
Elemental_Blast Offline

look i know that im not over 100 posts yet but just to say im not one of those noobs who always breaks the rule and tries to be cool but im to have lost six friend because of this noob invasion and each were elite trainer level 2 or higher
Closed Thread