Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Role Play

Role Play Make Role Plays or join them. It's your world. Everybody else just lives in it.

Old 08-12-2007, 11:00 PM
WayToDawn Offline
Amateur Trainer

Default Land of Ice [RP] Rated PG-13

"Zarin!" Zarin's mom shouted cheerfully as he ran down the stairs of his two story, 100 years old, brick house in the frozen land of New York.
"What?" Zarin asked.
"You need to go outside! You look like your getting sick. You should get some fresh air." his mother answered.
"Ok, whatever." Zarin muttered, exiting his house.

Zarin's house was one of the tallest houses in New York. Half of the buildings were frozen in Ice, so New York did not look like New York. You couldn't do anything but skate, there weren't any shops, and to get anywhere, you had to walk, which was hard because of the ice. You were slipping everywhere. That's why Zarin learned to ice skate.

"Zarin!" a voice shouted.
"Huh?" Zarin said. His blindfold, which he wore outside of his home, was freezing.
"Come on! Over here!" the voice said.
"Ok.." Zarin said, following the voice.

"Take that blindfold of your face, Zarin!" the voice said as Zarin bumped into someone, who he realized had that same voice.
"I must not take it off. My eyes are my privacy and I must not let people see my eyes. They will memorized them and remember me all the time." Zarin muttered.
"That confused me. Anyway, how is your skating coming along?"
"Great. I can finally skate with my blindfold on, and I never have to skate really fast." Zarin muttered.
"Knock it off with the blindfold buisness, Zarin." the voice replied.

---
((Short post for the first post. ANYWAY, for character bios, please visit the Land of Ice Sign Ups, in the Sign Ups forum.))
Old 08-12-2007, 11:17 PM
sockyo Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via ICQ to sockyo Send a message via MSN to sockyo
Default Re: Land of Ice [RP] Rated PG-13

Byakko woke up. Her parents already left to work. But Byakko wasn't alone, she was with Niro, her neighbor and best friend.

"Good morning Niro!" Byakko said walking slowly down the wooden stairs.

"Good Morning, Byakko!" The black haired man said.

Niro was 30 years old, but he had a soul of a child.

"Ok, coffee is in 12 o'clock, pancakes in 6 o'clock, eggs in 3 o'clock and milk in 9 o'clock." Niro told Byakko.

Niro knew that Byakko didn't want help because she was blind, so he just helped her with the basics.

"Thanks Niro!" The albino girl said when she finished her food.

"Do you want to go out? Snow is goig to fall soon."

Byakko smiled again.

"Fine!"

Byakko openned the wooden door.

"I see that you stopped walking with the stick."

"Yeah, I think it's useless."

Byakko closed the door behind her and left the wooden house. She could hear the cars and the few birds. She could sence the Bakery's smells of bread that was up to sale. Byakko liked the fect she was blind, because she could see and feel things that the other couldn't. She stopped for a moment, hearing something about blindfold. She slowly walked to a safe place, avoiding the skaters without a problem.

Hatch: Done
Roselia:2442
Roserade:2502
Level 100:2682
vpp

Last edited by sockyo; 08-12-2007 at 11:23 PM.
Old 08-13-2007, 12:49 AM
Skylily Offline
Experienced Trainer

"Get lost, you freak."
"Yeah, why do you keep showing your face in our library."
"I heard she can grow her hair pink."
"Freak! Freak! Go away!"

'I'm use to this,' Skye told herself. But it was hard. Her hands curled up into fists. They were just immature children. But their harsh words hurt like papercuts; tiny yet extremely painful.

She ignored them and entered the library.
She returned her books, and went to the very back of the library, where no one could see her. She was crying. It was so pathetic. Such a crybaby she was. Stupid! Stupid!

As a high school drop-out, she couldn't even get a decent job.

"She's a freak! Who knows what she did to get all perfect in everything!!"
That was the reason why she couldn't graduate. Her parents fought for her. But she was tired. Tired of all this fights and arguments. So she dropped out. Her parents were angry. Not at their daughter for being so weak and so stupid, but at themsleves for unable to protect her.

'Why was I even born...' Skye screamed in her head.

"Kyaa!!" She actually screamed out loud as a book suddenly dropped out of the shelf with a thud. It seemed old. Sniffling, she approached it slowly and picked it up. It was heavily covered in dust.

"Birth by Sleep" it read.

"Well, this is original." She muttered.

She opened up and read. There was so much information. Whoever wrote this they knew what they were talking about. But how did they find out? Was she one of them? Where were the other if they did exist? She needed to find them. She needed the answers. NOW.

A map dropped this time. A world map.
A red dot was drawn in the heart of New York city.
Skye smiled.

She got up. Checked out the book. And walked out of the library. Completely ignore the brats. For a first time in awhile, she was excited and determined.

"All you need is to believe..."
Old 08-13-2007, 01:18 AM
Exophi Offline

Send a message via MSN to Exophi

After four days of sleep, Tobias finally opened his eyes. Where am I? he immediately thought to himself. Recalling the events a few days prior, he knew the answer. He was in his hometown, or in where it should have been. Upon trying to stand up, he found himself covered in approximately a foot of snow. Shaking off the white powder, Tobias began to feel the wind push his body to the left.

The wind whistled across the plateau, hinting at another oncoming blizzard. Perhaps it was time to move down the mountainside to the ice fields of Vatnajökull. The wind would be stronger down there, but at least he would not be pushed down the mountain it. He began his descent without looking for supplies, a choice that would likely lead to added danger. As long as I can tap into the ability to slow down time again, I'll be fine, or so he though.

The journey down the steep hill proved to be more treacherous than Tobias had anticipated. Large crevasses were a particular problem, as the only tool at his disposal was his sword. Obstacles more than three meters in width and height were a nuisance, as Tobias's sword could only extend to a certain point. This posed a problem when he reached a large cliff side. Though littered with buckets (large handholds) and lacking almost all loose rock, Tobias felt nervous going down cliff. He unhinged his sword and began forcing the individual pieces of metal into rock face.

An hour later, Tobias was only twenty feet from the bottom of the cliff. Unfortunately, the footholds were growing less frequent, and smaller in size. To his right, a mild distance away was a more gradual slope coated in ice, which he could likely use to slide safely down to the bottom of the mountain. He began traversing slowly, for the ledge here did not look nearly as stable as the buckets he had used before.

Then the wind came, hard and strong. It threw distracting ice crystals into his eyes and blew away his poncho. Tobias had to hurry now; soon the full might of the storm would be upon him.

Last edited by Exophi; 08-13-2007 at 01:20 AM.
Old 08-13-2007, 01:43 AM
WorkThoseStripes Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Another cold day in the mountains, another normal morning for Ebony. Yet she was so used to the cold now, so used to the snow that fell at her feet and the ice that surrounded her every day. It had always been like this, the world has always been covered in cold, white elements. Rinoa had always told her that it was the day she found Ebony that it began.

Rinoa...

Three years since Ebony had fled the comforts of her warm house. The kindness of the young woman named Rinoa who had taken her in after finding her in these very mountains. Ebony didn't know why she had ran away, there was nothing to escape, nothing that threatened or upset her down there. Yet something had compelled her to live up here.

It had not been easy at first. Ebony had never found water hard to come by, there was a cold stream running near where she slept. It was the food that she had found difficult. It was rare to come across berries or any other food one would of found before the ice age as it could not survive the cold. Ebony had taken to stealing from the town at the bottom of the mountain. Of course it had to be at night, she hadn't wanted anyone to see her.

She sat in the dark cave, reminiscing about her life in the town. It wasn't altogether bad, but it wasn't fulfilling either. There was a noise, breaking the cold silence, but Ebony did not jump. She felt fur rub against each of her arms and smiled at the two wolves that had sat next to her.

One of them was white, a female. This one Ebony had name Angel. She had named her angel because she always got the feeling that the white wolf brought good luck along with her. The second wold was black, a male nd much larger than Angel. He was named Night, after his fur colour and the fact that he always howled at night time, whether there was a full moon or not. Ebony knew that night was his favourite period of the day.

She stroked the two wolves, remembering the day she had found them. She had been sixteen, having only moments before escaped from the town by the mountains. The two wolves had been cubs then and they had been close to death in the cave. She had taken them with her deeper into the cave and nursed them to health. Ever since then the two wolves never left her side.

She sighed, looking into the pale sky and wondering just what life had in store for her.

OOC: How are the people going to meet up?
Umbreon
Done @ 1380
Old 08-13-2007, 02:29 AM
WayToDawn Offline
Amateur Trainer

((They will soon enough, WTS. :). I haven't exactly figured out how o.o.))
----

"Im telling you, Zarin. Take it off!" the voice said.
"Who is it, anyway?" Zarin asked.
"It's Christianna." the voice answered.
"That explains the accent." Zarin muttered.

Christianna had been friends with Zarin ever since he took his first ice skating class. She prefers people to call her by Christianna, but Chris works. She is a very spirited girl, Zarin sort of liked her.

"Zarin. Please, can I see your eyes?" Christianna asked.
"Fine." Zarin said, pulling her to a hiding spot.
"Boys are so weird." Christianna muttered.
Zarin pulled off his red and black blindfold, to reveal deep, brown eyes with a slight twinkle.
"Interesting...why do you wear it, anyway?" Christianna asked.
"It's just...people treated me differently when I was born here. People thought I was weird because I had blue hair. People just thought I didn't fit in here." Zarin said.
"Ah....well, you have others like you here, and in other places, don't you?" Christianna asked.
"Yes. There's this...girl named Byakko. She's blind." Zarin muttered.
"That's sad."
"What do you mean?" Zarin asked.
"I mean, being blind. Is that what your trying to pretend to be, Zarin?" Christianna asked.

"I guess so." Zarin muttered.

Zarin exited the hiding place, sad. He wanted to actually...see this Byakko girl. But, he couldn't, because of his blindfold-

Oh, no! His blindfold! Christianna had it in her hand!

Zarin covered his eyes, running back to Christianna, who had went to ice skate.

"Please have the blindfold...." Zarin thought aloud.
Old 08-13-2007, 03:13 AM
Exophi Offline

OOC~ Looks like Skye found a map which marked Zarin's general position. Perhaps it could also have the locations of other characters on it?

~ ~ ~

IC~ Tobias cursed under his breath, his week was turning out very poorly.

He had nearly made it to the smooth pass down the mountainside when a sudden gust blew him away from the cliff wall. Tobias was blown to the icy portion of his trail, but landed unpleasantly on his head.

Visions blurred through his mind, jumbled images that couldn't possibly fit together. Wolves, his adopted father Mathias, and tall towers made of glass and cement. He saw himself descending a mountain wall, almost reaching the bottom before he was thrown of course and hit his head. Searing pain welled up in Tobias's head as he recalled the fall, he suddenly returned to concsiousness. He was lucky to be alive after a head injury like that, let alone awake.

The wind was furiously assaulting Tobias, causing him to slip and slide across the glacier he had found himself on.

"Anyone out there?" Tobias tried to call, but his voice was lost on the wind.

For a few hopeful seconds he stopped fighting the storm, trying to listen for an answer. There was no one on the barren icefeild, no sane man would be out here at this time of year. Tobias slid along for hours at high speeds, under the guidance of the worst storm he had witnessed in years.
Old 08-13-2007, 03:40 AM
WayToDawn Offline
Amateur Trainer

((It might ^^.))
---
"Christianna!" Zarin shouted.
"Zarin!" Christianna shouted running to him.
"Where in the world did you put my blindfold?" Zarin asked.
"Right here." Christianna muttered, putting it on his eyes.
"Gee, thanks." Zarin muttered, annoyed. He ran off.

Zarin thought about something as he went home. Was he special? He didn't know. He knew there was a blind girl, but what about the other 3? He tried to get his mind off of things by humming the instrumental, The 13th Dilemma.

"Zarin! Why must you ask for something so badly and then hardly do anything with it?" Zarin's mother asked.
"I wanted BLACK ice skates. Not PINK ice skates!" Zarin shouted, staring at his new skates. They were pure pink, and it was clear they were from some girl.
"Fine," his mother said, "I'll buy you new ones in the morning."
"It can't be TOMMOROW. I must have them today! Remember? The ice skating Championship?" Zarin asked, starting to get angry at his mother.
"Oh, yes! I'm sorry! You'll have to wear your old ones!"
Zarin screamed angrily, took his old skates and went outside, putting his blindfold on.

Zarin's old skates were very...old. They were too small for him. His mother had spent all of their money on those pink ice skates. Zarin was broke. His shoe size was a size 10, and his ice skates were size 7. He needed new ice skates...but how would he get them?

((Zarin's very stubborn. x.x.))
Old 08-13-2007, 04:21 AM
Exophi Offline

OOC~ Zarin should look on the bright side. I'd say that his ice skating is far more pleasant than Toby's ice sliding.

~ ~ ~

IC~ This wasn't so bad, Tobias realized after an hour or so of sliding along the glacier. At least none of the others from his village were with him, they'd be complaining about 'the cold', whatever that was. Tobias felt a pang of guilt for complaining about the recently deceased in such a negative way. I earned the right to talk about them like that, he convinced himself, I survived where they all died.

Finally he forced the topic off his mind, there was no reason to bring them up. Sure, Mathias had been friendly enough, but none of the others had ever really accepted him. Who cares, they're dead now, aren't they? came the unwilling thought. Tobias whispered quietly to himself, "How do I even know if they're dead? I never checked for survivors?" Of course, none of those he had lived with the past 19 years could have survived. That didn't take away the sting caused by Tobias's ignorance. There was no way he could go back now anyways. Chances were that he wouldn't even recognize it from the base.

"When I find civilization, I'll get help," he told himself. Tobias began making plans in his mind, all ending with him arriving too late to get help. He forced thoughts of the past out of his mind. I'm here now, and I might as well make the best of it. But what was there to make the best of? If he was travelling north, he still had a good few hours of movement ahead of him. Hopefully he was moving south, that way, he'd only end up about 8-15 kilometers from the city of Höfn when he reached the glaciers edge.

As though by his own thought, Tobias reached the end of the ice and was forced deep into a pile of snow. Solid, frozen dirt lay beneath it. Finally Tobias was able to stand on something stable without falling over. He pulled himself free of the snow and looked around for any form of road, there were none which he could see. His only method of finding the town would be to walk downhill, eventually he'd find the remains of what was once a highway. Then he would just have to follow it until he made his way to Höfn.

Last edited by Exophi; 08-13-2007 at 04:26 AM.
Old 08-13-2007, 04:37 AM
WayToDawn Offline
Amateur Trainer

"Christianna, do you have any solid black skates I can borrow?" Zarin asked.
"Yeah." Christianna said, handing him a pair of solid skates. He put them on.
"These are perfect!" Zarin said, smiling before falling to the ground.
"Ouch." Christianna muttered.
"Ow.." Zarin muttered, as Christianna started laughing. Zarin gave her a look, making her laugh even more.
"What's so funny?" Zarin asked, taking his skates off and standing up.
"Your face!" Christianna said.

~4 Hours Later~
"Congratulations, Zarin!" Christianna said, running to him. He had been in 2nd place in the Championship.
"Thanks." Zarin muttered.
"Even with that blindfold, you really impressed me." Christianna muttered.

Zarin arrived home, exhausted. As he closed the door to his house and walked in, his mother was standing there. She was MAD.
"Zarinatrah-Kivi Satoshi! You entered that contest with a BLINDFOLD?! You could've been hurt out there!" Zarin's mother shouted at him.
"Mother, I have mastered ice skating. You saw me. I did alright-" Zarin began.
"ZARIN! Go to your room and go straight to bead. Give me that blindfold. No more covering your eyes to be foolish in the Championships!" his mother replied.
Zarin threw his blindfold on the floor, ran up to his beadroom and slammed the door shut.

He would get his blindfold back.
Old 08-13-2007, 05:31 AM
Exophi Offline

IC~ The storm had finally parted, leaving scattered clouds in its place. Tobias had preferred the storm. Now, every few minutes or so, the sun would shine through and illuminate the snow covered ground, causing it to become so bright that Tobias was forced to cover his eyes during travel. Right now he was under the protection of a cloud layer, so the sun wasn't bothering him much. He still dreaded the idea of the light sneaking up on him again, his eyes still itched from the third time this had happened.

Tobias needed shelter more from the intensity of the reflected sunlight than he ever had needed from any fictional "cold weather". Unwisely, Tobias kept his face covered while he continued his slow trek towards Höfn. Minutes felt like hours, either that, or he really was taking hours to travel only a short distance. But really, what did time mean anyway? Wasn't it just a tool developed by humans as an alternative method to measure things? There was no true face of time, not one that could be manipulated by humans anyway. Tobias had no one to talk to on his travel, and so he thought to himself about time. Time lost, time spent, time that could never be retrieved.

And then he recalled his odd experience as the avalanche was striking his village. He remembered how everyone had halted in their place, and how the avalanche itself didn't move an inch during this period of 'time'. Slowly his mind began to think more about time; soon Tobias actually forgot he was walking, that is, until he tripped over a raised portion of ground which felt like...

"Ashphault!" He exclaimed, "I found the road!"

"So?" asked a nearby man, "What's so surprising about that? You oughtta know there be a road here! You are from the city, ain't ya?" The man wore thick layers of winter clothing, as many people in the village tended to do. The difference being that this man's clothing looked new, as thought it had come from a real clothing store.

"Höfn?" Toby asked excitedly, "Can you take me there?"

The man looked startled, "O' course I could, but yeh might as well just turn around and walk the hundred feet or so yerself." The man cast me a queer look, examining my clothing. "Sure you aren't cold? I could lend you a jacket mate, wouldn't do me well to see you freeze out here."

Tobias scoffed. "You into this whole idea of 'the cold' too?" he asked with a sceptical expression. After smirking he added, "I don't see what people have to gain by pretending there are thing like temperature out there, it's just an excuse for clothing centers to sell more goods." With that, Tobias dashed towards town, ignoring the surprised and very confused look that the man he had just spoken with was sending him.

~~~

OOC ~ There's so little to say about travelling through a snow covered waste-land, everything looks the same, am I right?
Old 08-13-2007, 07:59 AM
sockyo Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Byakko was in her house, her parents arrieved.

"We have enougth money to help your eyes."

"I don't need any help, I have the perfect life when I am blind!"

Byakko got out of the house. She walked the streets of New York. She wasn't afraid because she used her other sences. She never liked when her parents helped her. She never liked when other people help her. She met in her way o nowere, her friend Rica.

"Byakko, what are you doing here?" The blond girl asked.

"Nothing, kinda wanted to travel." Mishel leand against a wall of an old brick house.

"Again with tour parents?"

"How did you know?" Byakko laughed.

The blind girl touched the bricks. She wanted to make sure she won't fall.

"They want to help you!"

"But I like being blind! Really!"

Byakko could hear a cars dashing the streets and she could feel the old bricks. She knew where she was. It was an ld place she usually came to when she was a child. It was one of New York buissiest streets.

vpp
Old 08-13-2007, 09:22 AM
Skylily Offline
Experienced Trainer

Getting to New York City was easy as slipping on the ice around here.

"Go..."

Her parents had said. They cried. In happiness that Skye finally wanted to something rather than reading for change. They packed her with enough money and light enough luggage; couple of extra sweathers, a pair of pants, couple of socks, a hat, a furry coat, and bunch of undergarments. And of course, the family twin swords. They wished her luck and made her promise to come back; come back to them.

When Skye stepped outside, the whole town was in front of her. A clear road between them. They cheered. That Skye, the freak, was getting out of their town. Mother was upset. She smiled back at her parents, everything was going to be alright.

Determination and curiosity were dangerous combination.
As soon as Skye was at the end of the parade, there was a truck, heading to New York City.
What were the odds?

Now, here she was. In New York City.
Where she had to go? No idea. There was a outdoor skating competition. Cheering and wooting for the ones they loved, and liked. She went in further. Further into the city. Where she cannot hear the bloody sound.

Busy sounds of New York City absorbed every unnecessary sounds. She was happy.
She walked around in awe. There was a place like this in this cold world afterall. A fussing sound caught in her ears. A man and a woman. Dragging a child. Screaming.

"Stop!" Skye yelled at them. Running toward the three.
Old 08-13-2007, 09:30 AM
sockyo Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Byakko heard something.

"What is it?" She asked Rica.

"I didn't hear anything. I have to go Byakko." Rica said and walked away.

Byakko ran towards the sound. She could hear someone yelling stop.

"What's going on over here?"

The blind girl touched a tree and slowly leand against it.

"What's happening over here, can someone tell me please?"

vpp

Last edited by sockyo; 08-13-2007 at 09:32 AM.
Old 08-13-2007, 09:37 AM
Skylily Offline
Experienced Trainer

"Stop it! Stop it! She doesn't want to go!!"

Skye was trying to get to the girl. Too many people there were. Too many bloody people who was just ignoring everything around them, including 5"3 Skye.

She stood still then. Curled her hands into tight fists. Snapped open her eyes.

"You will make a way for me to get to the girl."

And there it was. A clear path. She was leaning on to a tree. Was she sick?
Skye hurried. And ran toward the girl.

"Are you okay?" Skye asked as she put her hand on the girl's shoulder.