Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Intro Boards » Pokemon News

Pokemon News Here you will find the Pokemon news that is on the website, posted here also so you can reply with any comments/questions.

Old 02-07-2005, 11:22 PM
PokemonElite2000 Offline

Send a message via ICQ to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via AIM to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via MSN to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via Yahoo to PokemonElite2000
Default Pikachu SP!

Pikachu SP!
-02/07/05-

A special limited edition Pikachu SP will be released in Japan this month. Reservations for the Pikachu SP will begin on February 18 and end on February 28. The system will be available on March 5. Only limited quantities are available and they're expected to sell quick.

The GBA SP is in yellow (of course), it shows the Pikachu face on the body of the handheld and a silhouette of Pikachu on the inside.

It's not known whether or not the Pikachu SP will make a run in the US or anywhere else. However, the limited editions Groudon SP and Kyogre SP did make a run at the Pokemon Center NY store, both of which are sold out. The Torchic SP is also gone. If you still want to get a Pokemon themed GBA SP, your options are the Charizard SP and the Venusaur SP (released to celebrate the launch of FireRed/LeafGreen). The Charizard SP and Venusaur SP are currently being sold exclusively at the Pokemon Center NY store or at their online store at www.pokemoncenter.com .

*For news complete with pictures, go to the website: www.pokemonelite2000.com
Old 02-08-2005, 12:48 AM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga
Default Re: Pikachu SP!

Cool idea but... really bad timing...

The other SPs sold well since SP was pretty much the only thing out there. But now that the DS is around makes it a whole different issue, and obviously it's going to be way much harder to sell SPs. Most people either have the SP that they want or never really wanted it in the first place.

Old 02-08-2005, 03:53 AM
PokemonElite2000 Offline

Send a message via ICQ to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via AIM to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via MSN to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via Yahoo to PokemonElite2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo Pikachu
Cool idea but... really bad timing...

The other SPs sold well since SP was pretty much the only thing out there. But now that the DS is around makes it a whole different issue, and obviously it's going to be way much harder to sell SPs. Most people either have the SP that they want or never really wanted it in the first place.
Yea, this should have been done earlier. But, it's still going to sell, just because of the fact that it's a Pokemon product. They sell well here, but it's even more crazy in Japan.
Old 02-08-2005, 04:03 AM
boltAge Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to boltAge

Geez, I doubt this will sell well, unless the Pokemon fans go crazy or something...

So many editions of the SP...*dies*
Old 02-08-2005, 06:12 AM
PokemonElite2000 Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltAge
Geez, I doubt this will sell well, unless the Pokemon fans go crazy or something...

So many editions of the SP...*dies*
Why do you doubt it? I guess you didn't know how well the Pokemon product has been selling in Japan. Pokemon FireRed/LeafGreen was the second highest selling game in Japan in 2004. And Pokemon Emerald came in fourth in the same year. With those kind of numbers, I think it's a pretty safe bet. Chances are, with that many fans, even if it's a small percentage that even want to get it, it's going to go quick.
Old 02-08-2005, 06:14 AM
Thanatos Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to Thanatos Send a message via MSN to Thanatos Send a message via Yahoo to Thanatos

Gah, its cute, but I mean, so overdone. They did the same for the GBC

Ryu Paladin

Lugia
Level 100 @ 5810 posts
VPP
Old 02-08-2005, 06:44 AM
boltAge Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to boltAge

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokemonElite2000
Why do you doubt it? I guess you didn't know how well the Pokemon product has been selling in Japan. Pokemon FireRed/LeafGreen was the second highest selling game in Japan in 2004. And Pokemon Emerald came in fourth in the same year. With those kind of numbers, I think it's a pretty safe bet. Chances are, with that many fans, even if it's a small percentage that even want to get it, it's going to go quick.
The SP has already been out for so long, and plus the recent release of the DS, a special edition SP won't boost its sales. Not much at least. People who wanted their SP would already have them, normally.

Then again, that's what I think, you don't need to counter that.
Old 02-08-2005, 08:25 AM
Lone Eevee Offline
Experienced Trainer

Send a message via MSN to Lone Eevee

people who are crazied pikachu fans will buy it. Its nartually for them to. And especially as its in japan only. \it wont boost there sales. The vensuar and charzid sp's havnt so why would pikachu. Unless there plaining a remake of Pokemon yellow?

Eevee Evolved into

Espeon

Hacthes @ 20
Evolves @ 125
Lv. 100 @ 305
Old 02-08-2005, 08:57 AM
Finch Offline
Inazuma

Send a message via Skype™ to Finch

Surely though, any pokemon or crazed pikachu fans are gonna already have SP's, or at least GBA's? Otherwise what are they gonna play their favourite handheld game on?
Old 02-08-2005, 09:02 AM
Lone Eevee Offline
Experienced Trainer

Send a message via MSN to Lone Eevee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finch
Surely though, any pokemon or crazed pikachu fans are gonna already have SP's, or at least GBA's? Otherwise what are they gonna play their favourite handheld game on?
yes taht is true but, because its there favourite character or a collectible the might/will buy it. Its like when the pkmn Emerald comes out there will be a green pkmn sp over here with Raquazza ( spelling?? ?.) Seen it in my gamesmaster mag. But buy the time taht comes out the ds would of already launched over here ( MArch 11th with pkmn dash ) So really there is no logic in it but then there just trying to Make a bigger profit.

Eevee Evolved into

Espeon

Hacthes @ 20
Evolves @ 125
Lv. 100 @ 305
Old 02-08-2005, 05:14 PM
Jack of Clovers Offline
~lil leprechaun~

Send a message via ICQ to Jack of Clovers Send a message via AIM to Jack of Clovers Send a message via MSN to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Yahoo to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Skype™ to Jack of Clovers

maybe if they had a Dratini SP, i might consider getting it. but none of these legendary/starter SP's... bleh.

i do agree, it is rather late for this.

~Jack~

-| Links |-
Old 02-08-2005, 08:59 PM
ashkelon Offline
Elite Trainer

It may be late, but since Nintendo decided not to support communications between GBA games (multiplayer modes) when running them on the DS, I think there will be a continuing market for the SP. At least until nobody is playing the GBA game versions.

Considering I'm still playing GSC (on my gold/silver GBC, no less), I'd guess I'll be running a couple SP's for a long while yet.

I have a kind of gameboy museum anyway (I love my transparent GB!), so probably will order one of these if I can get one -- or probably 2, since my player-buddy's favorite is Pikachu.

I still find the SP more comfortable in my hands for extended play. The DS is awkward. Helps to put the view on the touch-screen, but then the picture isn't as sharp. I'm not sold on the DS yet. I just am not crazy about the balance of the thing.

I just bought charizard and venusaur SPs at Pokemon Rocks America....

Old 02-09-2005, 01:31 AM
Katera Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Katera Send a message via MSN to Katera Send a message via Yahoo to Katera Send a message via Skype™ to Katera

It may be late but it rocks thats so awesome I want It
Old 02-09-2005, 09:23 PM
Sudo Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via MSN to Sudo

With the Ds already out in the states i take on the oppinion that nintendo are just milking the sp for all the cash they can earn out of it!
What do you people think?
Old 02-10-2005, 12:29 AM
sybersaur3000 Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via ICQ to sybersaur3000 Send a message via AIM to sybersaur3000 Send a message via MSN to sybersaur3000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudowoodo
With the Ds already out in the states i take on the oppinion that nintendo are just milking the sp for all the cash they can earn out of it!
What do you people think?
Yeah they juat want the cash. Still I wish I knew that there was a Kyogre SP.

A pikachu SP is boring... There should be a Rayquaza SP when Emerald comes out in my opinion.

^ This is my forum ....Hope anyone joins

Ms Paint+ IrfanView+ 8bf Plugins = ^
Violaters of the First Amendment are at high.