Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Discussion

Discussion This is for discussion about current events (news), issues, politics, and any other topics of serious discussion. For more casual talk, go to the Other Chat board. Proper sentences, spelling, and grammar is especially strict in this board.

Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2004, 04:35 AM
22sa Offline

Send a message via AIM to 22sa Send a message via MSN to 22sa Send a message via Yahoo to 22sa Send a message via Skype™ to 22sa
Default Re: American Presidential Election 2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny_C.002
Yeah. It'll be interesting to see how bad Bush will most likely destroy the competition and then plunge the US into an even worst state than ever before. Not that I can vote anyway, being a Canadian citizen and all. lol
I'm Canadian too. :P

But I'd vote for Bush if I could, even though Bush and Blair exaggerated about Saddam's thread, they didn't lie, Gulf War II was justified. I'm the pro-American BTW... The only pro-American Canadian I know of lol.

<edit> I am, however, a bit worried how the US federal budget is going. Deficits for the next decade isn't going to be pretty.

Bishie claims: Milfuelle Sakuraba, Misuzu Kamio, Rin <3
URPG | RECENT ART (last updated July 3rd 2009)

Last edited by 22sa; 03-09-2004 at 04:39 AM.
Old 03-09-2004, 06:17 AM
Crimson Spider Offline
Experienced Trainer

Little fact about federal budget predictions: They aren't true. The Federal Budget was unable to predict the sudden sharp rise (sharpest in over 20 years) that the economy had, and also had predicted that it would still be falling, where as of right now it isn't.

I once saw a statement on a website that said that Bush's tax-cuts would lead America into a 3 trillion dollar Deficate by the end of the term. That is off of shaky, fragmented information that didn't lead to an accurate prediction.

Simply put: Bush's plans at the beginning had a delayed but powerful effect on the nation. Right now, it's doing well (considering it was in a so-called deficit for over 10 years now).

Sup, Dog? Check this out.
http://www.liliy.net/mdak/guestart.html
Old 03-09-2004, 05:39 PM
Alakazam Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Alakazam

FYI, Crimson Spider, the majority of Americans are not satisfied with Bush. His approval rating has dropped to 48% in recent months (source - AP).

This gives me hope that there may be a chance that Bush could lose...this may be wishful thinking, but oh well. I also hope that Kerry chooses Edwards as his running mate (He was my second choice to Kerry.)

As I'm sure all of you here know, based on my past expressed opinions on the old forum, I do not at all approve of Bush, and I fear that the only way for the country to succeed is for Bush to cease being our president.
Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition.
Old 03-09-2004, 10:31 PM
Crimson Spider Offline
Experienced Trainer

2% isn't much of a difference due to the electorial college, nor much of a difference in most ways.

Propoganda circles around, Alakazam. The most scary thing is that even the more educated people will believe some of the most extravegantly unrealistic stories based on mere conspiracy. Stuff far worse than the sudden 10-year deficite that he is being blamed for.

Sup, Dog? Check this out.
http://www.liliy.net/mdak/guestart.html
Old 03-09-2004, 10:53 PM
Alakazam Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Alakazam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Spider
2% isn't much of a difference due to the electorial college, nor much of a difference in most ways.

Propoganda circles around, Alakazam. The most scary thing is that even the more educated people will believe some of the most extravegantly unrealistic stories based on mere conspiracy. Stuff far worse than the sudden 10-year deficite that he is being blamed for.
I wouldn't call 51% majority (though it is a slight majority, mathematically)...my point was that it has dropped from almost 80% to less than half. While 2% isn't much, 32% is.

And, meh...I know what you mean; I try not to listen to the fools who don't like Bush.

*defines 'fools who hate Bush' as those who bash Bush without knowing what they're talking about*

I have many valid reasons for why I don't approve of him, CS. I am confident in their validity.
Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition.
Old 03-10-2004, 08:10 AM
Zombie Offline
New Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Zombie

yeah, I have been following it from online news groups as they go by, but I've tried not to get too involved in it.

as for my view on who should win, mainly anybody but bush

--------------------------
Dreaming permits us to be quietly and safely
insane every night of our lives ~
Closed Thread