Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Intro Boards » PE2K Front Desk

PE2K Front Desk Forum announcements will be posted here. Any questions, suggestions or ideas concerning the forum or the website should also be posted in here. If you need help on your avatar or signature, or help on using the forum, this is the place to go.

Old 01-24-2005, 03:35 PM
Missingno mystery Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Default Whats with da banners!?!?!

Two days ago the Eek smiley was one of those Ryu soul alliance Latias banners?! It was fix'd yesterday but today I found my Avatar as a Ryu soul alliance Latios faction lan banner!!! Someone stop this glitch please?I'm going to see if I can fix my ava but I it can't be I'm pressing charges! (j/k )

Edit: fix'd my ava (lets hope it stay that way!) but I know this error is still going to come back somewhere else (did before).

Last edited by Missingno mystery; 01-24-2005 at 03:38 PM.
Old 01-25-2005, 01:09 AM
PokemonElite2000 Offline

Send a message via ICQ to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via AIM to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via MSN to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via Yahoo to PokemonElite2000
Default Re: Whats with da banners!?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingno mystery
Two days ago the Eek smiley was one of those Ryu soul alliance Latias banners?! It was fix'd yesterday but today I found my Avatar as a Ryu soul alliance Latios faction lan banner!!! Someone stop this glitch please?I'm going to see if I can fix my ava but I it can't be I'm pressing charges! (j/k )

Edit: fix'd my ava (lets hope it stay that way!) but I know this error is still going to come back somewhere else (did before).
You have to explain the problem more clear, I have no idea what images or what stuff you're talking about.
Old 01-25-2005, 01:57 AM
paperfairy Offline

Send a message via AIM to paperfairy Send a message via Skype™ to paperfairy

I understand it.

According to MM the = A Ryu Soul alliance banner yesterday.

And his avatar became 100X100 of A Ryu Soul alliance Latios faction banner

-PF

Thoughts: But that makes no sense...

Will always find their kind.
ASBL | twins with Jenn <3
Old 01-25-2005, 02:07 AM
BlazikenInferno Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via MSN to BlazikenInferno

Odd... I can personally say as Ryu Paladin (aka Admin of the Ryu Soul Alliance) that I oppologize. The only thing is, I haven't a clue how a thing like that would have happened. I myself have never made or seen a avatar of/for the RSA of any kind. But I have no idea how a glitch like this happened.

VPP Charmander, Evolves @ 2,358 Posts
Click the banner, join Ryu Soul Alliance today

Old 01-25-2005, 01:46 PM
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Heres a screen cap I took yesterday:
http://www.geocities.com/lugiapower4ever/zzzpekerr.JPG
Yeah, and at one point this- - was (not the same one) a banner like that one. It was lilly or somethin like that, I'll know when I see it (it had Latias's sprite).
Old 01-25-2005, 01:57 PM
bronislav84 Offline

Send a message via AIM to bronislav84 Send a message via MSN to bronislav84 Send a message via Yahoo to bronislav84

That there is one of the strangest Glitches I have ever seen. Even BI has no idea how that happened, and he owns the RSA. That makes it even MORE strange.

Does anybody know who this "Lan" person is who's on the Banner in the Screenshot? (That is if the Shot is real at all) That might provide a clue.
Bronislav is my name and 1984 is my birth year. Call me Bron or Slavik if you can't say my full name. Banner/Ava by the illustrious Neo Pikachu Emolga R.I.P. August 13, 2007 3:45AM EST Simkha "Dosha" Bakman I loved you, Grandpa Check this out, it's really cool!
Old 01-25-2005, 02:00 PM
BlazikenInferno Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via MSN to BlazikenInferno

Both Lan and Lilly are members of the RSA, they recently joined. I've posted in the RSA thread to ask them if they know anything about how it could have happened. Now I have to wait and see what they say...

VPP Charmander, Evolves @ 2,358 Posts
Click the banner, join Ryu Soul Alliance today

Old 01-25-2005, 02:15 PM
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Found it again I do believe?! In the RSE section Tyranitar_2 wonted to know where to get the E Tyranitar sprite while saying he had already for an ava the C version but I saw another banner? The image might change back but I took a screen cap jest in case:
http://www.geocities.com/lugiapower4ever/zzzpekerr2.JPG

Edit: I have know idea if this might be ever slightly related, but I've been having once in a great while a problem with clicking to enter a topic and all it pulls up is an X'd out banner, then after going back, if I click on it again, it trys to download who know what ! After that it usally goes back to normal.

Last edited by Missingno mystery; 01-25-2005 at 02:29 PM.
Old 01-25-2005, 02:44 PM
paperfairy Offline

Send a message via AIM to paperfairy Send a message via Skype™ to paperfairy

Now I'm a bit suspicious...

Maybe you EDITED those to make it LOOK like it. Because avatars can only be 100x100, and those banners are over 100x100.

OR

It really COULD be a glitch. One problem tho:

No-one else saw it but you.

-PF

Thoughts:

Will always find their kind.
ASBL | twins with Jenn <3
Old 01-25-2005, 02:55 PM
bronislav84 Offline

Send a message via AIM to bronislav84 Send a message via MSN to bronislav84 Send a message via Yahoo to bronislav84

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronislav84
That there is one of the strangest Glitches I have ever seen. Even BI has no idea how that happened, and he owns the RSA. That makes it even MORE strange.

Does anybody know who this "Lan" person is who's on the Banner in the Screenshot? (That is if the Shot is real at all) That might provide a clue.
PF, you took the words as if I had written them just now myself. Actually I have, in two places. One is above, and one is below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIM coverstation. Me and BI
(8)Do you know that everytime you're near, everybody else seems far away(8): hmm, I searched and T_2's avatar is as normal, odd, but how did MM even know that that thread existed? Looks like it's been there awhile
Bron: hmmm
Bron: i think its BS
(8)Do you know that everytime you're near, everybody else seems far away(8): hmm, all I know is that Kamon locked it yesterday
Bron: wait, locked what? this avatar thread?
(8)Do you know that everytime you're near, everybody else seems far away(8): he locked the thread put up by T_2 that MM found yesterday
Bron: oh
Bron: but ask him if he has proof
Bron: i wanna see somebody else say that thir ava has been glitched
(8)Do you know that everytime you're near, everybody else seems far away(8): er, go look in the R/S/E board to see for youreself
Bron: link me, please
(8)Do you know that everytime you're near, everybody else seems far away(8): http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/foru...ead.php?t=5582
(8)Do you know that everytime you're near, everybody else seems far away(8): it was posted and locked yesterday
Bron: looks fine to me
Bron: MM just ahs nothignto do
Bron: so hes using photoshop on unsuspecting people and their avatars
Bron: and then showing us the finished images
Bron: i wanna see somebody complain fo their own freew ill
Bron: *will
Bron: T_2s avatar is a tyranitar, as it shoulr be. MM is spewing some Bull **** out to get attention
(8)Do you know that everytime you're near, everybody else seems far away(8): that's sure what it looks like
Bron: lets ask daz to ask for proofor eles he closes the thread
Bron: ill do it
(8)Do you know that everytime you're near, everybody else seems far away(8): okay
(8)Do you know that everytime you're near, everybody else seems far away(8): seems Paperfairy beat you to it
Bron: to what?
(8)Do you know that everytime you're near, everybody else seems far away(8): posting that you think the banner glitch could be a fruad
PF, it seems I was right when I said that to BI. We think alike.
Bronislav is my name and 1984 is my birth year. Call me Bron or Slavik if you can't say my full name. Banner/Ava by the illustrious Neo Pikachu Emolga R.I.P. August 13, 2007 3:45AM EST Simkha "Dosha" Bakman I loved you, Grandpa Check this out, it's really cool!
Old 01-25-2005, 03:00 PM
Zenaku Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Zenaku Send a message via MSN to Zenaku Send a message via Yahoo to Zenaku

If no-one else is experiecing this problem MM, it's likely some sort of problem with your computers cache. I suggest going to Internet Options and clearing Temporary Internet FIles. See if that fixes the problem.

As long as we continue to fight, and destroy, we are forever prisoners of our ignorance and foolishness; true 'freedom' does not exist
Old 01-25-2005, 03:35 PM
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Thanks Kamon! I'll have to wait about 2 days to see if that helps but kinda stange, I only had 448 objects, as to the normal 1,000 which is where problems start. At least I know someone on here is careing and helpful (I say that meaning more than once ).

Last edited by Missingno mystery; 01-25-2005 at 03:45 PM.
Old 01-27-2005, 03:12 PM
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

(sorry for the double post I'll merge this with my other one tomorrow)
certainly this problem stems from another cookie storing area cause although every thing was fine yesterday another banner pop'd up where it didn't belong ! unlike last time, this time I finally found where my mom hid my netcam and took a pic that way:
http://www.geocities.com/lugiapower4ever/cap_094.jpg(thats ST sig and the bottom banner's suposed to be a Skitty)-theres no way in h*** any one could fake that, let alone my poor skills in that area (note those lines are normal, its near impossible to record, picture or video, a computer screen without them there. Wonder what causes that ?). And a note to you accusers and arguers, Don't post if your jest going to complain! Let the computer experts do ALL the talking, and maybe it wouldn't kill you to be helpful, like Kamon , once in a while. I'm going to check and clean my other cookie sources for now if nobody has a helpful answer. I did reload that page and the picture change'd back to normal (I'm thinking McAfees has something to do with this). I do have to say sorry for over reacting about the problem, but NOBODY messes with my AVATAR ! And I pretty much figure'd it was a glitch from the 100x100 fact.

Last edited by Missingno mystery; 01-27-2005 at 03:17 PM.
Old 01-27-2005, 04:43 PM
Zenaku Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Zenaku Send a message via MSN to Zenaku Send a message via Yahoo to Zenaku

Ah, do not worry MM. Not only does double posting not count if they're not on the same day, but I think I've figured out the glitch.

TinyPic

Yes, you heard right. Both Lan and LoneTigers images have a TinyPic url, used to shorten the long URLs to help with signature Character limits. I believe this is the reason, MM; your computer has a problem with the URLs, thus for some reason causes a glitch. I'll notify them in the RSA thread to use the original URLs and see if that stops this glitch altogether. It might mean they'll need to shorten their signatures, but they should be able to cope.

EDIT: I've noticed some people used URL-Cut (Such as Bron) and it doesn't seem like you've seen his banner in a glitch. I'll suggest to them that they replace the TinyPic URLs with URLCut URLs, instead of having them shorten their signatures.

As long as we continue to fight, and destroy, we are forever prisoners of our ignorance and foolishness; true 'freedom' does not exist
Old 01-28-2005, 02:16 PM
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Well yesterday I didn't think any thing of it but I realized something, theres this zoids member (not sure if thats who your talking about, he doesn't post much where I go) and in his sig he had a banner saying stuff about the annoying old CN show and the next person down (for got who, sorry) had one of those pet pokes and like the last pic I put up, instead of a pokesprite it was the other guys banner. It was in the whos your favorite Pokemon thread. What your saying does make sense to me, someones way to get more space is causing trouble . My dads comp has been having Internet issues for the past few years, every couple of months I gotta keep reinstalling AOL . I refuse to stop using 6.0, I HATE all new versions layouts with a passion! I think that AOL is trying to make me get rid of outdate'd 6.0 cause something similar happened to my mom fav 5.0 years ago so she finally broke and uploaded 7.0 .