Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Intro Boards » PE2K Front Desk

PE2K Front Desk Forum announcements will be posted here. Any questions, suggestions or ideas concerning the forum or the website should also be posted in here. If you need help on your avatar or signature, or help on using the forum, this is the place to go.

Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2005, 10:17 AM
paperfairy Offline

Send a message via AIM to paperfairy Send a message via Skype™ to paperfairy
Default Activity???

Something I've been DYING to ask....

Why do the other two rival boards (PC and SPPF) have SO MUCH MORE activity?

At 6:11 in the morning:

BOTH boards have triple/quadruple activity! How can we INCREASE our activity?

My suggestion: UPDATE the site. There are MANY things that are outdated, and need to be added/updated.

-PF

Thoughts:

Will always find their kind.
ASBL | twins with Jenn <3
Old 01-24-2005, 10:27 AM
Thanatos Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to Thanatos Send a message via MSN to Thanatos Send a message via Yahoo to Thanatos
Default Re: Activity???

Maybe it's because they have more members?

I mean, activity is always good, but Serebii is ridiculous!

Ryu Paladin

Lugia
Level 100 @ 5810 posts
VPP
Old 01-24-2005, 01:29 PM
bronislav84 Offline

Send a message via AIM to bronislav84 Send a message via MSN to bronislav84 Send a message via Yahoo to bronislav84

DC is right. We can increase our activity by increasing our members.

PF, why do you only look at homw many Members are online? WHy not look how many in total they have?

Now the real question is this: How do we increase members?
Bronislav is my name and 1984 is my birth year. Call me Bron or Slavik if you can't say my full name. Banner/Ava by the illustrious Neo Pikachu Emolga R.I.P. August 13, 2007 3:45AM EST Simkha "Dosha" Bakman I loved you, Grandpa Check this out, it's really cool!
Old 01-24-2005, 02:58 PM
Tamer Marco Offline
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Tamer Marco Send a message via AIM to Tamer Marco Send a message via MSN to Tamer Marco Send a message via Yahoo to Tamer Marco

Yeah. And how do we do that without those spammy members? VT for example.
Old 01-24-2005, 03:09 PM
Sixto Offline
Sofa King Cool

Send a message via AIM to Sixto Send a message via MSN to Sixto

Well, in the ProBoards forum, we had a lot of members. Then we switched to another forum, but that was up for only a week or so. Finally we moved to the very cool vBulletin and lost a lot of members in the process of moving.

What I would do is go to Pokémon Chatrooms and invite people.
Old 01-24-2005, 03:43 PM
boltAge Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to boltAge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamer Marco
Yeah. And how do we do that without those spammy members? VT for example.
Why don't we think of how to get rid of you too since you're one of those spammy members too?

Also, the website certainly doesn't have enough updated content to attract newbies. You need to redo the strategy guide, maybe find more animated Pokemon pictures or something, get a cooler layout or something.

And I'm kinda sad how newbies are signing up for the URPG then they do absolutely nothing there because the URPG is like, dead. I would suggest doing something to make the URPG active again as it's one of the main attractions of PE2K.
Old 01-24-2005, 03:45 PM
Tamer Marco Offline
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Tamer Marco Send a message via AIM to Tamer Marco Send a message via MSN to Tamer Marco Send a message via Yahoo to Tamer Marco

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltAge
Why don't we think of how to get rid of you too since you're one of those spammy members too?

Also, the website certainly doesn't have enough updated content to attract newbies. You need to redo the strategy guide, maybe find more animated Pokemon pictures or something, get a cooler layout or something.

And I'm kinda sad how newbies are signing up for the URPG then they do absolutely nothing there because the URPG is like, dead. I would suggest doing something to make the URPG active again as it's one of the main attractions of PE2K.
No i'm not. -_- Your just saying that because you hate me for no reason at all, and frankly I don't care.
Old 01-24-2005, 03:46 PM
Zenaku Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Zenaku Send a message via MSN to Zenaku Send a message via Yahoo to Zenaku

The reason they're so much more active? Simple; only about 1 in 10 people that register at message boards post for more than a few weeks. Only around 1 in 20 stay active for long periods of time.

For example, try to think of all the main PE2K members. By this, I mean the members that have been here for around here the entire year or so this vBulletin forum has been up. How many can you think of?

Hm... Neo, Mattew, Matt, Raik, Dark Pikachu, Ryan, Satou, JIG, Tamer, lil_Lep, Harry, Cat, ElimN8 (Currently unactive), Paperfairy, Mario, ygseto, Dratini, Kenny, Sutiivun, Dark Master X, Bron, Marco, DarkComet/Thanatos, Alakazam, Seven, me.

I'm sure there are a few more... But above are probably the most active out of a whole 2500 members. Sorry if I forgot anyone.

The point is we have nowhere near as many active members as there are members in a whole. SPPf and PC having 2 to 3 times the amount of members we have is obviously going to mean they have many more people active.

What you must remember is that this is a single board: if too many people came here it would be disorganised, and even harder for Ryan and the moderators to manage. Don't forget the bandwidth usage would be over the top, causing the forums to go down even more periodically than usual, and costing tRO more money than it already does (Don't come at me saying "SPPf can manage loads of people!". Read down).

PE2K is a small community; those that stay here for long periods of time become known to everyone on the forum, which is why the forums are so organised. If this became a larger forum like SPPf then new members wouldn't become half as well known, even in twice the time, driving them away only because the forums are like any other Pokemon forum.

As much as people would like more activity, I prefer PE2K just the way it is.

As long as we continue to fight, and destroy, we are forever prisoners of our ignorance and foolishness; true 'freedom' does not exist

Last edited by Zenaku; 01-24-2005 at 03:49 PM.
Old 01-24-2005, 03:47 PM
boltAge Offline
Banned

Quote:
No i'm not. -_- Your just saying that because you hate me for no reason at all, and frankly I don't care.
I hate you for no reason?

God, you need to get into a PE2K chat someday or something. Frankly, everybody knows you're a freagin spammer, only that I'm like the only one who actually says it out in the forum.

We could do without people like you, seriously. Spam isn't exactly what I would consider helpful in this situation.
Old 01-24-2005, 03:49 PM
Tamer Marco Offline
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltAge
I hate you for no reason?

God, you need to get into a PE2K chat someday or something. Frankly, everybody knows you're a freagin spammer, only that I'm like the only one who actually says it out in the forum.

We could do without people like you, seriously. Spam isn't exactly what I would consider helpful in this situation.
We could do without ******** like you too. The only people who even say that is cat, and others and I don't like them either.
Old 01-24-2005, 03:52 PM
boltAge Offline
Banned

Quote:
We could do without ******** like you too. The only people who even say that is cat, and others and I don't like them either.
...point is that, you haven't been to an ACTIVE PE2K CHAT where we talk about idiots like you. Everybody agrees with me you're a freagin spammer, you know, one day I'll save a log and send it to you so you know how much people hate you.

And oh, I'm a @$$hole :[[ Did anybody hear him, he called me an @$$hole? I demand someone try to agree with him now, so he doesn't feel all sad for nobody agreeing with him.
Old 01-24-2005, 03:54 PM
Tamer Marco Offline
Banned

*sighs* I'm not going to continue this. It's stupid, and i'm trying to keep my cool... later.
Old 01-24-2005, 03:57 PM
Missingno mystery Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Personally, the resin I chose PE2K was cause those other two are too crowded for me . Having every one jump on you at once, having every one push infront of you to post first, its jest not my type of place to be !

P.S. Maybe one resin ppl don't like coming here is the fact that "some ppl " like to give others a hard time. If the rules where more "Upfront" I think more members would read them and know what NOT to do so UPSCALE members could leave them along.
Old 01-24-2005, 06:34 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingno mystery
Personally, the resin I chose PE2K was cause those other two are too crowded for me . Having every one jump on you at once, having every one push infront of you to post first, its jest not my type of place to be !
I definitely agree. A forum shouldn't just be about quanity, it should be more about quality. Sure, we may have less members on, but it's far better than having hordes of lousy members that don't know how to behave or don't know how to respect people.

It's very easy to feel lost in the crowd at those other forums, but here everyone's presence matters much more, and everyone is given far more respect, something everyone deserves as a person.

I honestly think the situation is fine. Sure, more members are always welcome, but I'd rather have good, honest, and respectful people come to this forum rather than people who are just out looking to use a forum's resources and never give back or contribute anything, something that is far more apparent at other forums...

Old 01-24-2005, 06:52 PM
Matt & Vulpix Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Matt & Vulpix Send a message via Yahoo to Matt & Vulpix

I agree with what Kamon said.

PE2K is like, to use a simile that Daniella once used in a very insulting fan fiction, a small forest (town) where everyone knows everyone. Now that I think of it: it's like Animal Crossing, except instead of animals, we're Pokémon, and there's lots more to do. A rural town, yep, that's what PE2K is.

And frankly, I like it. I know everyone at the forum (basically, I've been here as long if not longer than most of you) and I know these people. I know these people like the back of my hand. I've been here... two years last November. Two years of my life with four months break at one point. That's pretty long, if you ask me. You get to know people and you start to care about them.

And personally, if there were quadruple the members there are now, I wouldn't like it as much. It would lose that personal touch. Maybe out of those 10 000 members only two hundred would be active, but that's about four times as many as there are now.
Closed Thread