Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  
 

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Intro Boards » PE2K Front Desk

PE2K Front Desk Forum announcements will be posted here. Any questions, suggestions or ideas concerning the forum or the website should also be posted in here. If you need help on your avatar or signature, or help on using the forum, this is the place to go.


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 07-27-2007, 01:11 AM
Kecleonfan666's Avatar
Kecleonfan666 Offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Skyworld
Posts: 4,081
Send a message via AIM to Kecleonfan666
Angry I just don't get it...

Quite a few moderaters and Global Moderaters have not been online for a long time. I mean, c'mon. some haven't been here in months, and others haven't posted since 0'6!

I thought Mods were supposed to be around doing their jobs. Why are they still mods if they don't even stick around and do their jobs!?
__________________
  #2  
Old 07-27-2007, 01:17 AM
Nick_Roge Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,055
Default Re: I just don't get it...

Just because they don't post doesn't mean they aren't doing there job. Plus just because you've never seen there name on the bottom of the forum saying that they're online doesn't mean they aren't, they may just have the button in their profile clicked that hides their online status. I'm sure if Ryan chose them, he chose them for a reason, and I'm sure a moderator would just abandon his position. And who are you talking about that hasn't been here for months?

Last edited by Nick_Roge; 07-27-2007 at 01:24 AM.
  #3  
Old 07-27-2007, 01:31 AM
Charbok's Avatar
Charbok Offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Posts: 6,907
Send a message via AIM to Charbok Send a message via MSN to Charbok Send a message via Skype™ to Charbok
Default Re: I just don't get it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kecleonfan666 View Post
Quite a few moderaters and Global Moderaters have not been online for a long time. I mean, c'mon. some haven't been here in months, and others haven't posted since 0'6!

I thought Mods were supposed to be around doing their jobs. Why are they still mods if they don't even stick around and do their jobs!?
[sacrasm] That's a good point, they should make you a mod.[/sarcasm]
__________________
oh hi.
  #4  
Old 07-27-2007, 01:31 AM
Kecleonfan666's Avatar
Kecleonfan666 Offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Skyworld
Posts: 4,081
Send a message via AIM to Kecleonfan666
Default Re: I just don't get it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_Roge View Post
Just because they don't post doesn't mean they aren't doing there job. Plus just because you've never seen there name on the bottom of the forum saying that they're online doesn't mean they aren't, they may just have the button in their profile clicked that hides their online status. I'm sure if Ryan chose them, he chose them for a reason, and I'm sure a moderator would just abandon his position. And who are you talking about that hasn't been here for months?
Invisible mode users don't display the last time they were online. You can tell if they haven't been around by their last post date...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charbok View Post
[sacrasm] That's a good point, they should make you a mod.[/sarcasm]
[sarcasm]Hey, I think you're right![/sarcasm]
__________________
  #5  
Old 07-27-2007, 01:32 AM
Nick_Roge Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,055
Default Re: I just don't get it...

But like I said, who are these moderators you are talking about?
  #6  
Old 07-27-2007, 01:34 AM
Charbok's Avatar
Charbok Offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Posts: 6,907
Send a message via AIM to Charbok Send a message via MSN to Charbok Send a message via Skype™ to Charbok
Default Re: I just don't get it...

Mods come and go. Don't expect a person to stay with a pokemon forum for their entire life.
__________________
oh hi.
  #7  
Old 07-27-2007, 01:35 AM
Nick_Roge Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,055
Default Re: I just don't get it...

No, but you would expect some kind of goodbye thread or something.
  #8  
Old 07-27-2007, 01:37 AM
Charbok's Avatar
Charbok Offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Posts: 6,907
Send a message via AIM to Charbok Send a message via MSN to Charbok Send a message via Skype™ to Charbok
Default Re: I just don't get it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_Roge View Post
No, but you would expect some kind of goodbye thread or something.
What if they lose their internet without a notice, or something comes up?
If they didn't make a goodbye thread it probably means that they couldn't.
__________________
oh hi.
  #9  
Old 07-27-2007, 01:39 AM
Kecleonfan666's Avatar
Kecleonfan666 Offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Skyworld
Posts: 4,081
Send a message via AIM to Kecleonfan666
Default Re: I just don't get it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charbok View Post
Mods come and go. Don't expect a person to stay with a pokemon forum for their entire life.
If they just leave, then they just don't deserve their position. They're supposed to moderate, not run off and leave!
__________________
  #10  
Old 07-27-2007, 01:39 AM
Nick_Roge Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,055
Default Re: I just don't get it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charbok View Post
What if they lose their internet without a notice, or something comes up?
If they didn't make a goodbye thread it probably means that they couldn't.
But surely within a month or so, they would be able to find some way to show their resignation. Anyways that's beside the point, is it possible that a moderator you thought was gone just got a name change, I noticed that many of the moderators have gotten name changes within the past months.
  #11  
Old 07-27-2007, 01:40 AM
BeserkerFury's Avatar
BeserkerFury Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: tennesee, never any other state =P
Posts: 1,275
Default Re: I just don't get it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charbok View Post
What if they lose their internet without a notice, or something comes up?
If they didn't make a goodbye thread it probably means that they couldn't.
I'm with you on this, they may have something come up, like 2-3 months ago my computer got the worst viruses imaginable and my laptops charger broke, anything could happen right out of the blue.
__________________


  #12  
Old 07-27-2007, 01:45 AM
Kecleonfan666's Avatar
Kecleonfan666 Offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Skyworld
Posts: 4,081
Send a message via AIM to Kecleonfan666
Default Re: I just don't get it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeserkerFury View Post
I'm with you on this, they may have something come up, like 2-3 months ago my computer got the worst viruses imaginable and my laptops charger broke, anything could happen right out of the blue.
If they actually cared about the forum, they'd use a libary computer, or a friend's computer!
__________________
  #13  
Old 07-27-2007, 01:45 AM
Charbok's Avatar
Charbok Offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Posts: 6,907
Send a message via AIM to Charbok Send a message via MSN to Charbok Send a message via Skype™ to Charbok
Default Re: I just don't get it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kecleonfan666 View Post
If they just leave, then they just don't deserve their position. They're supposed to moderate, not run off and leave!
If it isn't their fault you can't blame them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kecleonfan666 View Post
If they actually cared about the forum, they'd use a libary computer, or a friend's computer!
If someone cares about the forum enough to beg to use a friends computer, they need to get a life.
__________________
oh hi.
  #14  
Old 07-27-2007, 01:55 AM
Azumao's Avatar
Azumao Offline
That Whiscash Freak
Elite Trainer (Level 3)
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 3,901
Send a message via AIM to Azumao Send a message via MSN to Azumao
Default Re: I just don't get it...

Moderating is a volunteer position, and people have lives. They could possibly be on leaves. Where the mods are and why they aren't on is between said moderator and Ryan. It's really none of your business, and I don't see why this needed to be pointed out anyway.
__________________
  #15  
Old 07-27-2007, 01:56 AM
FireflyK's Avatar
FireflyK Offline
Five by Five
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Under your bed
Posts: 4,290
Send a message via AIM to FireflyK
Default Re: I just don't get it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kecleonfan666 View Post
If they actually cared about the forum, they'd use a libary computer, or a friend's computer!
>_>; Mods have a life, too. The forum isn't the end-all be all.

And for your information, you can't always tell the last time people were online, even if they DON'T hide it. People who are tired of dealing with n00bs often go invisible for a while. They can still do their mod duties while invisi. Admonishing them isn't the best choice, especially if you are one of the people who has needed more than 2 warnings... It comes across as more of a personal vendetta against them than an unbiased opinion about the current mods.

If Ryan is satisfied with the mods, and the general population feels that the n00bs, spammers, and ad-bots are being dealt with, I don't see the problem. Some mods come and go, but as long as some of them are here, there are enough to deal with whatever needs to be done.
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:59 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Style Design: AlienSector.com